• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I can't believe I'm gonna say it, but Shining Pearl has officially bummed me out too many times now.

It's a fun game. But once you get to Battle Tower, it becomes incredibly infuriating to the point where it begins to ruin the game for me. I have lost my streak five times, all because of some dumb **** like being frozen or being constantly paralyzed, etc..

So I think I'm gonna take a break from it until they start pushing out DLCs (and if they don't do that, I'm gonna be real disappointed with them, because this game seriously needs more content, because what they got now is almost all grinding).

So. That just leaves me with the obvious question. What now?

I think I'm going to explore the base building and factory games that the Switch can offer. I already have Minecraft, Stardew Valley, Terraria and Slime Rancher, but I need something with a **** ton of things to do.

Rune Factory 4 and Dragon Quest Builders 2 are both on my research list. But idk if they are what I crave either. I may have to watch some gameplay of those. I was gonna get House Flipper, but a little bird warned me that on the Switch, it runs very poorly. As it seems to be with anything on th the Switch at this point. So idk.
I heard Dragon Quest Builders 2, its a fun game and once you beat, you can build on specific little islands all you want, i love it. I think they is a demo you can play on switch

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I just noticed this, but i like How in the story for Super robot wars 30 they pair up Gridman with the Brave Police cast.

Gridman's anime adaptation Is filled with Transformers references and Brave police Is a Transformers show Made without Hasbros involvement, so it's neat to pair them up.

osby

Smash Obsessed
DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

1638715893329.png

“I’m Raptor Camazotz. My blades are yours... just don't make me work in the mornings.”

Alignment: Dark-Law

Origin: Mayan mythology. A monster associated with demise, sacrifice, and night. Their name means “death bat”. Hero Twins Hunahpu and Xbalanque encountered these creatures during their trials in the underworld Xibalba, where they had to squeeze themselves into their blowguns to defend themselves from the Camazotz. When he looked out to see the sun, Hunahpu got his head ripped off by one of them, which then used as a ball for gods to play with.

Skills: Life Drain, Masukunda, Axel Claw

Next time you will meet a demon of the Yoma race.

Camazotz has a pretty straightforward design that appeared in a woefully small amount of games so I’ll focus on the interesting bits. The skulls on his necklace are obviously references to the hero twins and if this isn’t dark humor, I don’t know what is. Same with the small scythes. Camazotz usually has some kind of life-draining ability which rather than their mythological counterparts, may have been inspired by the giant, extinct vampiric bats that are thought to be the origin of this monster.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
My sister works at Disneyland and said she found this on a pinboard there. View attachment 339611
Can anyone here tell me what movie this Disney character was from?
Okay, but Lunala could totally pass as one of the aliens/experiments from Lilo and Stitch

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
also the entire NWH soundtrack got leaked out, but Gwen upgrading her drip
So I noticed this more with Gwen than Miles, but did they get older? How much further does Spider-Verse 2 take place after Spider-Verse 1.

SV one seemed like it was shortly after the defeating Kingpin, but... hm...

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Y'all getting ready for Into the Spider-Verse 2 next year. I myself am getting ready for Black Adam yo!

Dwayne Johnson! Ancient Egypt! Egyptian Mythology!

Hype!

Not to say I won't be seeing the film as well. Gonna be giving Into The Spider-Verse another rewatch eventually before seeing it to see if my opinion has changed since.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Y'all getting ready for Into the Spider-Verse 2 next year. I myself am getting ready for Black Adam yo!

Dwayne Johnson! Ancient Egypt! Egyptian Mythology!

Hype!

Not to say I won't be seeing the film as well. Gonna be giving Into The Spider-Verse another rewatch eventually before seeing it to see if my opinion has changed since.
Is Black Adam even mythologically accurate?

He always struck me as a very loose Osiris-expy but I may just have missed something.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Is Black Adam even mythologically accurate?

He always struck me as a very loose Osiris-expy but I may just have missed something.
As Shazam has ties to Greek Mythology given all his names comes from Greek or Roman gods themselves (Wisdom of Solomon, Strength of Hercules, Courage of Achilles, Power of Zeus, Stamina of Atlas, Speed of Mercury), the same is with Black Adam only with Egyptian Gods. Some of the movie is also suppose to take place in Ancient Egypt.

In Black Adam's case.

S (Stamina of Shu), H (Swiftness of Heru), A (Strength of Amon), Z (Wisdom of Zehuti), A (Power of Aton), M (Courage of Mehen).

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
As Shazam has ties to Greek Mythology given all his names comes from Greek or Roman gods themselves, the same is with Black Adam only with Egyptian Gods. Some of the movie is also suppose to take place in Ancient Egypt.
I'm expecting small nods at best, then.

Also, this is a nitpick but the "S" in Shazam comes from "Solomon", not from Greco-Roman mythology.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm expecting small nods at best, then.

Also, this is a nitpick but the "S" in Shazam comes from "Solomon", not from Greco-Roman mythology.
Regardless Shazam and Black Adam does have ties to Greek and Egyptian Mythology as I mentioned.

Like I said too its been confirmed some of Black Adam will take place in Ancient Egypt. Suspect this might just be only in the beginning though like a half-hour tops showcasing his fall to darkness as the fallen hero which is why Billy Batson came to be Shazam to take that place.

But regardless of the case, I'm just too much of a sucker for mythology and culture.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
My sister works at Disneyland and said she found this on a pinboard there. View attachment 339611
Can anyone here tell me what movie this Disney character was from?
Mulan obviously.

Don’t you guys remember the lyric “Mysterious as the dark side of the moon”?

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
To whoever is responsible for the mere existence of Miltank: I hope you step on lego pieces with your bare feet for the rest of your entire life.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I just love the month of Christmas.

It just makes me so jolly about Krampus. What an inspiration. Makes me wish I could be like him so I could scare 'em criminals straight into becoming better people.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Never was a fan of Black Adam so I wouldn’t say I’m particularly excited for that. However. Spidey. And all his villains? Hell yeah.

Across the Spiderverse looks phenomenal of course, No Way Home is definitely gonna be the biggest move since the beginning of the pandemic, and Morbius actually looks promising? We eating good.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Never was a fan of Black Adam so I wouldn’t say I’m particularly excited for that.
I admit it mostly stems from my love and obsession for mythology and culture especially Egyptian. Plus Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock.

But hey not everything is gonna appeal to everyone, that's what makes this the world a much more unique place. Different opinions especially on movies.
No Way Home is definitely gonna be the biggest move since the beginning of the pandemic.
Omicron: Let me introduce myself.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Just came back home to Wales from my 2 night stay in London, so I had not been posting here for a while.

Other than that, it was quite an awesome few days, although my main concern is that not many people are abiding by the rules set out by the UK government to wear a mask which is considered as a requirement considering the current situation going in Britain. It is rather annoying and frustrating to see that they are still ignoring this.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Man had a weird day of sleeping. God I hate winter.

Days go too fast now to relax.

Just came back home to Wales from my 2 night stay in London, so I had not been posting here for a while.

Other than that, it was quite an awesome few days, although my main concern is that not many people are abiding by the rules set out by the UK government to wear a mask which is considered as a requirement considering the current situation going in Britain. It is rather annoying and frustrating to see that they are still ignoring this.
Been the same way up here in Northern Ireland. A lot more people aren't wearing them and not even caring. Also saw a protest yesterday on the vaccine passports from a few photos a friend gave me.

Man some people here really don't know what repression actually is.

I feel like I'm in a loop.
What the new Covid variant is called.

Some people are thinking this one is the be all end all sort of deal.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Came up with a nifty headcanon regarding Krampus (2015).

Krampus and his helpers and Santa and his helpers are actually one and the same. The former since described by Omi as the "Shadow of Saint Nicholas" being Santa's dark side that is unleashed when one loses all faith in the Christmas spirit.

Santa/Krampus overall is basically this omnipotent entity with both a good and dark side.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Unpopular opinion: I have little to no interest in Morbius as I expect it to be the same cringe-inducing humor as the Venom movies were given its Sony. A movie about a pseudo-vampire should be R-rated and not PG-13.

I'll stick with the first two Blade movies. MCU Blade in no way will ever be able to match those movies especially.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So I noticed this more with Gwen than Miles, but did they get older? How much further does Spider-Verse 2 take place after Spider-Verse 1.

SV one seemed like it was shortly after the defeating Kingpin, but... hm...
ATSV takes place a year after the main events of ITSV, with the ending for that movie also being a year later. The montage beforehand was just his first year (and hopefully Peter B. Parker got remarried and had kids)…but it doesn’t explain how Miles managed to quickly upgrade his hair into curls so quickly. Mans redid everything hella fast just to impress Gwen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom