• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Because as COVID has shown us, it's the truth regarding a virus in the future that will likely collapse civilization. Ours will be no different from previous ones like the Roman Empire, Ancient Egypt, Ancient Greece, Aztec Empire, etc.

And this is how humans have been since we first appeared especially if pushed to our absolute limit.

I'm just stating what's sadly the truth whether one doesn't want to admit it or not.
I mean, I get being concerned for the distant future, but this is just fearmongering.

It's one thing if you just need to vent from feeling depressed or worried about the future, it's another thing entirely to just go and say "Yep, humanity's gonna die out some day because we all inherently suck. How sad."

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yes but only because most of us live good and normal lives. Say an apocalypse were to occur or pushed to our limit then that's put to the test. COVID has really shown this especially.
COVID pandemic only showed that individual people will work together for a solution in the case of a crisis, imo.

It's the big corporations and governments that delay the distribution of medicine/vaccines and support the spread of misinformation on a big scale.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
That's just what I believe anyways, there is going to be a virus eventually leading to this but until then continue on with life and hopefully this isn't in our timeline.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So time for a pfp change to Roxy from Mushoku Tensei, maybe my second last before Padoru.

Also man, I just had waffles from a Christmas market. Some good ****ing food right there. Favourite thing about this time of the year.

I still feel like a live action movie could work if all the robots’ CGI were styled like Sonic and Detective Pikachu. Cartoon styled robots in a real life setting I feel wouldn’t be too implausible. But putting it on Netflix makes me feel like the budgets gonna be a lot more limited. Or at least not as big as what I’m picturing. To be fair what I am picturing would require a lot of CGI budget but it would’ve been nice to see a little faith being put into this by Capcom.

Think I’m gonna take the time to repost my trailer concept just to show what I personally would think would work for this film.
Dr. Light (narration) (played by Stephen Fry): “I’m counting on you, my son.”

(An overhead light turns on, showing various machine activity)

“You are the product of years of technological advancement.” (A metallic hand clenches)

“A beacon of hope…” (Zoom out on futuristic circuitry)

“And peace.” (A blue robotic eye switches on like a screen)

“Go, my child. And bring balance to this city.” (Silhouette of Rock suiting up in a laboratory, putting on gauntlets and a helmet, his back turned walking out towards the light of the outside world resembling his iconic appearance. Cut to black.)

(Next shot reveals he’s actually in street clothes wearing a bike helmet and arm guards trying to ride a bike)

Rock (voiced by Jacob Tremblay): “Come on, come on!” (struggling to get moving)

Roll (voiced by McKenna Grace): “Come on Rock! You can do it!” (Cheering him on alongside Rush. Rock falls over offscreen with Roll covering her eyes)

Rock (Next to the bike with the wheels bent, unable to support his weight): “Maybe we should take the bus.” (Rush starts licking his face)

(Bon Jovi’s Runaway starts playing. Movie logo variant-20XX Century Studios holographically projected over MM2 Wily’s Castle. Capcom’s logo appears afterwards. Overview of a futuristic city with an abundance of foliage.)

Rock (narration): “This is my home, Mega City. A city where humans and machines live in harmony.” (Various shots of robots interacting with humans, some of them helping out with various tasks)

Rock (narration): “It’s all thanks to my creator, Dr. Thomas Light.” (Dr. Light is standing at a podium with camera flashes holding his Nobel Prize. Rock, Roll, Rush and the 6 DLN Robot Masters stand proudly at his side.)

Rock (narration): “He created my brothers to make the city a better place...” (Shots of the Robot Masters carrying out various tasks such as Guts Man helping out with construction, Cut Man chopping down trees, etc.)

Rock (narration) “…and my sister Roll and I to be his children.” (Shot of the two entering Edison Middle School)

Dr. Light (narration): “I want you two to make some friends and socialize.” (Roll & Rock walk down the school hallway to see all the human students focused their attention on them. Uneasy, the two take each other’s hand for comfort)

Dr. Light (narration): “Experience the world outside this stuffy little lab.” (Roll & Rock find themselves leaning on a fence overlooking Mega City’s skyline.)

(Cut back to the lab)
Dr. Light: “After you finish your chores of course.” (Leaves them to an extremely messy laboratory)

Rock: “Have fun sis, I’m gonna see if I can defeat Cyber-Akuma.” (Pulls out a PlayStation controller)

Roll: “Come on, Rock! Could you please give me a hand?” (Changes expression to annoyed) “If you actually throw your hand at me, I will smack you with it.”

Rock: (Already holding his detached hand) “Heh heh. Couldn’t resist.” (Puts his hand back on)

(Cut to a sinister looking laboratory. MM11 Wily Capsule Theme starts playing)

Dr. Wily (played by Hugh Laurie): “All these years living in your shadow are over, Thomas.” (Smashes a mug while watching Light’s ceremony on his monitor)

Dr. Wily: “Those are MY machines too!” (Wily enters in some commands from his station and the Robot Masters wake up with a flash of red in their eyes.

(Bomb Man throws a couple bombs around the city, knocking away some humans, Ice Man freezing cars and fire hydrants.)

Fire Man (voiced by Nick Offerman): “I’ll burn this place to the ground!!!” (Surrounded by flames in a burning factory)

Dr. Wily : “Let’s show the world what our creations can REALLY do!” (Light, Roll & Rock are watching on the lab monitor in horror as the Robot Masters are wreaking havoc on Mega City and Wily laughs maniacally.)

Dr. Light (in despair): “How could this happen?! I need to stop this somehow!” (Rock looks to the monitor and then to his fists, clenching them)

Rock (narration): “You gotta upgrade me Doctor!” (Cut to his blue suit materializing on his body) “Give me the power to fight back!” (Close up on his head as his helmet and buster appear, his eyes glow brightly)

NEXT WINTER

Guts Man (voiced by Kyle Hebert) (about to throw a boulder when a bomb blows it up in his hands. He turns around to see Mega Man in his Hyper Bomb palette) “Bring it on, kid!” (charges towards him) (Bonnie Tyler’s Holding Out for a Hero starts playing)

BASED ON THE ICONIC VIDEO GAME SERIES

Cut Man (voiced by Alan Tudyk): “Can you beat THESE scissors, Rock?” (Throws a couple Boomerang Cutters at MM. Montage of MM taking on the Robot Masters, firing his Mega Buster, copying their powers, Roll hooked up to a hydrant and starts spraying down a burning building.)

GET EQUIPPED

Dr. Light (narration): “I want to believe there’s still some good in him.” (Wily working on machines and relishing in his evil actions)

Rock: “With all due respect Doctor, I don’t think a non-mad scientist would act like: (using a recording of Wily’s laugh) Mwa-hahaha!!” (imitating Wily’s pose while laughing)

Dr. Light: (raises his finger like he’s about to say something) “…fair point.”

AND POWER UP

(Giant electric sparks shoot out of a power plant)

Elec Man (voiced by Nathan Fillion): “If it isn’t Light’s golden child.”

(MM finds himself surrounded by all six Robot Masters at once)

Dr. Wily: “Tell me boy, what are you fighting for?” (Taunting MM from his UFO)

Mega Man: “I don’t wanna fight you…” (narrowly avoids Cut Boomerang as it sticks into the wall behind him) (Narration) “but I’ll do what it takes to protect my city.” (Slightly battle damaged with sparks flying, he gets back up with a determined look on his face. Cut to scenes of him
being consoled by Light and Roll.)

Mega Man: “I will fight for everyone's future!” (MM lifts up some rubble that trapped some of his classmates. He offers his hand out to them.)

(Montage of Mega Man dodging energy spheres, chasing down Wily’s UFO and about to fire the finishing blow to Elec Man as he’s charging towards him.)

(Giant “Mega Man” title appears on screen accompanied by an arranged version of the MM2 menu theme)

Human Friend™️: “Can he do any tricks?”

(Cut to Rush interacting with a live dog in the middle of a living room)

Rock: “Well, he can sit, shake, roll over.”

Human Friend: “I mean something my dog can’t do.”

Rock (now standing on top of Rush): “All right Rush, Jet Mode!”

Rush: “Ruff!” (Accidentally activates Rush Coil and sends Rock through the ceiling. Human friend tries to shield themselves while cringing)

Rock (half buried in the ceiling, Rush hanging off his foot trying to pull him out) “We’re still…working on that command.”

Coming Christmas 20XX!
Your cast is glorious Wade. Glorious.

I enjoyed reading it.

At this point just have to accept COVID is pretty much here to stay and we'll have to live with it being seasonal. It's gotten too out of hand that it can't be contained.

Like with the flu, people are just going to have to keep getting yearly shots and COVID is pretty much going to be seen basically another "flu" at this point only more deadly.

And let's prepare ourselves too for in the future more viruses will emerge that will make COVID seem like it was an inconvenience but never the less we'll band together and fight these viruses even if one does collapse civilization at some point which I do believe in due to mutations and bypassing immunities and vaccines. One of these viruses that will most certainly unleash the ugliness in everyone and their true selves if the protesting, rioting, and anti-vaxxers we've seen are anything to go by because keep down no matter how kind anyone maybe, everyone has sin deep down and in nature we're all the same selfish, greedy and only thinking for ourselves which will eventually lead to humanity's downfall.
I'd agree with you a bit on a few things as the game does rigged towards the rich and powerful and the world is so sad and bad but...................................a few things.

1. I'm not philosophical enough to on go about it anymore.

2. Doesn't hurt to make the most of your life situation. I mean dude, you live in Canada. One of the highest standards of living in the world. Gotta make the most of the hand you have been dealt when others have nothing.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Take-Two moment
Yeesh! The **** is going on at Take Two at the moment? They seem desperate.

It's like the Monster energy thing (I say this as I'm drinking a can) with forcing Ubisoft to change Gods and Monsters to that bloody awful present name.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
View attachment 339468

Would explain why we haven’t seen him again in a long time
Scratch actually retired from acting, opting to sit back and focus on his family while his wife (Drew Barrymore) continued her career. He still makes small appearances at cons and such for fans. He really appreciates his modest, but devoted following.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Your cast is glorious Wade. Glorious.

I enjoyed reading it.
Thank you kindly sir. Here’s actually what I had in mind for the full cast:

Rock/Mega Man: Jacob Tremblay
Dr. Light: Stephen Fry
Dr. Wily: Hugh Laurie
Roll: McKenna Grace
Rush: Jon Bailey
Cut Man: Alan Tudyk
Guts Man: Kyle Hebert
Ice Man: Sean Giambrone
Bomb Man: Keegan Michael Key
Fire Man: Nick Offerman
Elec Man: Nathan Fillion

Well the full cast of existing characters

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Take-Two moment
The irony is that the song "It Takes Two" has been featured in a game T2 published. It does not take Take Two to make a thing go right.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Wait, they removed the event and not just the bug?

That's so dumb lol. I hope they bring it back; I already have Shaymin and Darkrai but actually experiencing the events would be cool.
Im Betting the event is gone forever which is why they removed it. Shaymin is a tie in gift for legends. With a very likely probability you can trade it to BDSP. I could see them cut the event in BDSP because of that.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Oh yeah that reminds me, I've seen a lot of discourse about the NSO upgrade not being worth the price, but it's drowned out talk about the Animal Crossing DLC. Is that worth its cost? Cuz this looks really pretty!
If you like AC for the decorating then yes, it is 100% worth it.

If you're in it for the life sim stuff of the older games, probably not.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Oh yeah that reminds me, I've seen a lot of discourse about the NSO upgrade not being worth the price, but it's drowned out talk about the Animal Crossing DLC. Is that worth its cost? Cuz this looks really pretty!
Personaly I think the DLC is so worth it, i freaking love it. You can buy the DLC separate from the expansion for $24 I believe so you don't need to buy the nso expansion for it

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Real talk, I know I said I'm not a weeb amd all, but I'd honestly enjoy anime a lot more if it weren't for the fact that I do not like a vast majority of weebs.

Like, I get it, don't allow the fanbase to ruin **** for you, but simply interacting with them makes me kinda want to veer away from it. I simply don't want to be associated with them. This isn't me speaking from experiences from terminally online weebs, I've dealt with those kinds irl and they are just as unpleasant in person as they are online. Just as racist, just as annoying, just as smelly.

Idk, maybe I'm thinking abiut this too much.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Somethings been wrong with my right shoulder blade literally ever since 2010, on and off

like it presses on a nerve on occasion and my upper right back gets super numb and the shoulder pops more easily in that state but doesn’t relieve the numbness

I think I should see a doctor about this

Noipoi

Howdy!
Real talk, I know I said I'm not a weeb amd all, but I'd honestly enjoy anime a lot more if it weren't for the fact that I do not like a vast majority of weebs.

Like, I get it, don't allow the fanbase to ruin **** for you, but simply interacting with them makes me kinda want to veer away from it. I simply don't want to be associated with them. This isn't me speaking from experiences from terminally online weebs, I've dealt with those kinds irl and they are just as unpleasant in person as they are online. Just as racist, just as annoying, just as smelly.

Idk, maybe I'm thinking abiut this too much.
Nah man, I totally get it.

Somethings been wrong with my right shoulder blade literally ever since 2010, on and off

like it presses on a nerve on occasion and my upper right back gets super numb and the shoulder pops more easily in that state but doesn’t relieve the numbness

I think I should see a doctor about this
you probably should

D

Deleted member

Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy Lamperouge Lamperouge osby osby Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku M MooMew64 Speed Weed Speed Weed Wademan94 Wademan94 Noipoi Noipoi Metal Shop X Metal Shop X Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen Knight Dude Knight Dude ZephyrZ ZephyrZ

This may be the most important movie review I've made here from this year

This, was my second most awaited movie of the year besides Godzilla vs Kong. Not No Way Home, not The Suicide Squad, not even the Diary Of A Wimpy Kid movie as I joked about a few months ago.
Much like many Ghostbusters fans, I've been waiting for this movie ever since the announcement, and I've been really excited about It because I grew up with reruns of the movies and the cartoons.
In fact, the main reason I haven't posted as much here was because I was trying my best to prevent any spoilers.

So, was the movie worth all that long wait?
... Yes, It truly was.

For starters, I really liked the new cast. But specially E.Gonn's grandchild (i think that's how you say It). I really found the ways she had It tough to sociaze, the way she was inmersed in her own world and even the way she spoke really relatable just like her grandfather in the original movies. She shares traits with people such as I who deal with Asperger, and I found It neat that the movie touched about It in various ways as It isn't that common in movies nowadays to do a proper representation (looking at you The Predator).

Every other new member of the Cast was great too, the movie all in all has really nice direction, some awesome shots, REALLY good music and a lot of cool tributes and references not just to the movies but even some other side media.

Won't spoil the surprises because I really feel that ya'll can't miss out on It... But the ending almost made me cry. It was so wholesome, Sweet and heartwarming, I was glad they were able to do some of the stuff fans always wanted to see in a third/fourth Ghostbusters movie.

I do have to say one minor spoiler I found It hilarious that Peter Venkman finally got his own medicine in the postcredit scenes for using electric shocks on students back on the first movie, It was also a nice touch they got her love interest from that movie doing the electric shocks and the experiment on him xd

So yeah, I really reccomend this movie. Specially to longtine Ghostbusters fans and to the younger audiences. They will love both the new cast and the returning actors Who they could get, and there are a lot of really funny and dare I say memorable moments.

Thank you to those Who have been able to read through everything.

And on a side note, here's all my Metroid Dread stuff together, just for the fun of It:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom