• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Real talk, I know I said I'm not a weeb amd all, but I'd honestly enjoy anime a lot more if it weren't for the fact that I do not like a vast majority of weebs.

Like, I get it, don't allow the fanbase to ruin **** for you, but simply interacting with them makes me kinda want to veer away from it. I simply don't want to be associated with them. This isn't me speaking from experiences from terminally online weebs, I've dealt with those kinds irl and they are just as unpleasant in person as they are online. Just as racist, just as annoying, just as smelly.

Idk, maybe I'm thinking abiut this too much.
I've never cared about the fanbase. If my friends like it and I can strike up a good conversation with a friend or someone I know online and offline then that is what matters.

And yeah.............those people you mentioned are the types who would buy life sized statues of waifus over IDK college or a car.

Yeah, through the PS5 remaster.

Gonna tackle Miles' game for the first time once I've completed this one again.
1. Still on PS4 for me (how I'm not wanting a PS5 more is beyond me) but still smooth.

2. I'd be so tempted to get Miles Morales but just ain't worth full price. I'm waiting til it gets to about £20/$25 before going for it.

Also PS4 older Peter Parker is narrowly better than the MCU's. Yuri Lowenthal's performance is just more full of wit.

Edit: Loving the going back to hooded Pyra man. One of your best pfps.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Oh, I wish that were the least of my issues with them.

I'll spare the details though.
Point is dude I understand you.

Puts me off the comic cons my friends wanted me to go to over the years. The BO is another reason plus I'm the weeb who would read light novels or manga at a park while having lunch or sit on a bench in a quiet village to read.

Rather do this in the countryside sort of deal.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Im Betting the event is gone forever which is why they removed it. Shaymin is a tie in gift for legends. With a very likely probability you can trade it to BDSP. I could see them cut the event in BDSP because of that.
I really hope the Shaymin in Legends is a real event then, and not "here take this random mythical we got." iirc there was something about you needing to catch it but idk. I don't get why they did away with events ._.

I just remembered that special Floette too that they, iirc, supposedly kept move data for despite never releasing it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Z25

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Looks cool tho im probably not going to be able to buy it in a while and when I do, ill just buy 1, 2 and maybe the board game digitsly
Kinda also wanted the poster and those prints. My walls are too bare

the metal box is cool too tbh

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna @Dyllybirdy Lamperouge Lamperouge @osby @Ramen Tengoku M MooMew64 @Speed Weed Wademan94 Wademan94 Noipoi Noipoi @Metal Shop X @Cutie Gwen @Knight Dude @Zachmac

This may be the most important movie review I've made here from this year

This, was my second most awaited movie of the year besides Godzilla vs Kong. Not No Way Home, not The Suicide Squad, not even the Diary Of A Wimpy Kid movie as I joked about a few months ago.
Much like many Ghostbusters fans, I've been waiting for this movie ever since the announcement, and I've been really excited about It because I grew up with reruns of the movies and the cartoons.
In fact, the main reason I haven't posted as much here was because I was trying my best to prevent any spoilers.

So, was the movie worth all that long wait?
... Yes, It truly was.

For starters, I really liked the new cast. But specially E.Gonn's grandchild (i think that's how you say It). I really found the ways she had It tough to sociaze, the way she was inmersed in her own world and even the way she spoke really relatable just like her grandfather in the original movies. She shares traits with people such as I who deal with Asperger, and I found It neat that the movie touched about It in various ways as It isn't that common in movies nowadays to do a proper representation (looking at you The Predator).

Every other new member of the Cast was great too, the movie all in all has really nice direction, some awesome shots, REALLY good music and a lot of cool tributes and references not just to the movies but even some other side media.

Won't spoil the surprises because I really feel that ya'll can't miss out on It... But the ending almost made me cry. It was so wholesome, Sweet and heartwarming, I was glad they were able to do some of the stuff fans always wanted to see in a third/fourth Ghostbusters movie.

I do have to say one minor spoiler I found It hilarious that Peter Venkman finally got his own medicine in the postcredit scenes for using electric shocks on students back on the first movie, It was also a nice touch they got her love interest from that movie doing the electric shocks and the experiment on him xd

So yeah, I really reccomend this movie. Specially to longtine Ghostbusters fans and to the younger audiences. They will love both the new cast and the returning actors Who they could get, and there are a lot of really funny and dare I say memorable moments.

Thank you to those Who have been able to read through everything.

And on a side note, here's all my Metroid Dread stuff together, just for the fun of It:

Yeah man, it was really great. And surprisingly heartfelt.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Kinda also wanted the poster and those prints. My walls are too bare

the metal box is cool too tbh
Eh, seems like to much clutter and paper and waste for my taste. I was thinking of getting it off amazon but then the cost of shipping and stuff made me go back to digital

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Captain Falcon is the right character to have a skin in Fortnite.
  1. Nintendo wouldn't not like having Mario holding a gun.
  2. The same goes to Link
  3. Samus cloud be a good pick, only if she's on her Zero Suit. But if we talk about the classic armor we all know and love, it would be akward how she hold the weapons.
  4. Fox, Ness, Pikachu, and Kirby are too small in height to be part.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
See

I'm starting to doubt a Nintendo character because no way are they letting Samus show up on anything that isn't a Nintendo device.

Does Fortnite have version exclusive skins? If so, how do they work with cross-play? :073:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Although I found the movie to be decent but not without some issues.

There was one thing that really nagged me.

The fact the other Ghostbusters didn't believe Egon about his claim at the mountain involving Gozer even though they have always been through hell and back together involving ghosts and such regardless of if there hadn't been ghost activity for 30 years. The fact people of Summerville thought he was crazy despite it being confirmed and known ghosts exist.

Hell this all could have been avoided if he simply brought them there to show.

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
Although I found the movie to be decent but not without some issues.

There was one thing that really nagged me.

The fact the other Ghostbusters didn't believe Egon about his claim at the mountain involving Gozer even though they have always been through hell and back together involving ghosts and such regardless of if there hadn't been ghost activity for 30 years. The fact people of Summerville thought he was crazy despite it being confirmed and known ghosts exist.

Hell this all could have been avoided if he simply brought them there to show.
Don't tell me you prefer the 2016 reboot over Afterlife!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Don't tell me you prefer the 2016 reboot over Afterlife!
I don't. I refuse that the 2016 film exists and as far as I'm concerned only three exist including Afterife.

You can still enjoy movies even with flaws. I love the MonsterVerse films but dont deny that Godzilla (2014), King of the Monsters and Godzilla vs. Kong definitely has many.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Yeah I'm gonna be honest and say that anime fans turned me off from watching anime for a good while as well. They're some of the nastiest people in fandoms period.

Nowadays yeah I have periods where I'm obsessed with One Piece and the like but I absolutely do not associate with the fanbase, it's ****ing wack. So yeah I can't blame anyone for being turned off from the medium because of them.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Is it bad that the only Ghostbusters film I’ve seen is the 2016 one?

Then again I only remember the one character who was basically the only good part of the entire movie.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I attended a voice over workout last night. And now, for the first time, you all will see my face...
That's right, I'm the Knight from Hollow Knight in real life.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I attended a voice over workout last night. And now, for the first time, you all will see my face...
That's right, I'm the Knight from Hollow Knight in real life.
1638566687719.png

What a handsome lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom