• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Fun Sonic Adventure 2 PC fact:

The game's loading screens are tied to the framerate.

If the framerate isn't completely uncapped or either exactly at 60, it will crash.

laughingforreal.png

What? Expected a funny reaction image of me being upset or dumbfounded?

Nah. I've been messing with this garbage port for years, nothing surprises me anymore lol.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
What's the percentage of chance from 1% to 100% for this occurring:View attachment 339479
Already happened a couple times
Super robot wars, games developed and owned by Bandai Namco have had Takara mechs show up in it:
[PSP]Super Robot Taisen OE Operation Extend1.jpg

Right there Shield Liger on top of Gurren Lagann.

And if datamines from Super robot wars 30 are of any indication a future DLC pack is going to bring another Takara mech.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Already happened a couple times
Super robot wars, games developed and owned by Bandai Namco have had Takara mechs show up in it:
View attachment 339482
Right there Shield Liger on top of Gurren Lagann.

And if datamines from Super robot wars 30 are of any indication a future DLC pack is going to bring another Takara mech.
I see that mutha****in Keroro

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I see that mutha****in Keroro
I've only seen a couple clips from his series but i'm pretty sure he was ground zero for the more oddball choices this series has went with in more recent entries, like Zombieland Saga, Devilman and Ultraman, Ones that dont fit the mold these games usually go with.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Hell yeah Sora Car let’s goooooo
DanganZilla5 DanganZilla5 @Professor Pumpkaboo check it

do ppl do unboxing streams cuz I might do that
Nice. Is this your first time playing the games?

That collector's edition looks sick but I already played the trilogy on PS4 and even with the extra content I'm not sure If t's worth it for me. Also, I forgot you do streams (I think I remember you mentioning it a few times). How active are you on Twitch?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
But those guns are really sci-fi/cartoony looking
Tis a joke.

So why is Cream not in Sonic Team Racing again?

I just wanna talk, Sega, why are you running?
Guess it’d be too implausible for a child aside from Tails to drive a car

Is it bad that the only Ghostbusters film I’ve seen is the 2016 one?

Then again I only remember the one character who was basically the only good part of the entire movie.
Please see the first two movies. Maybe even the first two seasons of the Real Ghostbusters cartoon too if you can

MooMew64

I'm a Sonic nerd who just spent a bunch of time learning how this stupid PC port of SA2 works, and I'm gonna dump what I was typing on a Steam help guide but wasn't allowed to share here, because I guess I exceeded character limits on Steam comments, lol.

I dunno if anyone still needs help with this game, but in my experience and research (huge thanks to PC Game Wiki), I found crashing comes down to one major area and one major problem:

- The game's boot sequence, all the way to file loading

- Framerate

AFAIK, SA2 seems to base EVERYTHING it does on framerate and refresh rate. It seems to be the most stable in fullscreen, as in fullscreen, it will hard limit itself to 60 with Vsync on and crashing will very rarely occur, only if you're unlucky and hit a framerate bump during the Omochao screen or file loading. Windowed also seems to be even more stable for getting past that part, but the game will then try to run uncapped and gameplay is messed up because the physics and gameplay are tied to framerate (this means everything will be at hyper speed, making the game unplayable just about). In my experience, putting on a framerate cap will cause the game to crash a loooot, as loading screens seem to need to be always at 60 or outright uncapped, as if they dip at all the game will dead up nearly refuse to load. Fullscreen is usually the best answer.

HOWEVER,

Fullscreen seems extremely problematic for Nvidia users such as myself. I've been able to seemingly get it working (just tested it with two clean boots) and here's what I did to manage that in the Nvidia Control panel:

- Nvidia overlay from GeForce Experience is off.

- Fixed refresh rate is turned on

- Prefer Maximum Performance is turned on

- Preferred Refresh Rate is application controlled

- Triple Buffering is on

- Vsync is application controlled

Also, I encourage everyone to not use the official launcher: It's terrible and I somewhat speculate it could be a huge contributor to config files getting messed up. Simply use the config files located above in the guide here from FallenLogic and then manually set fullscreen in that file (change the value from 0 to 1). Then, go into your Steam library, and under your SA2 installation, go into it's setting and type "-q" in the custom launch settings. This makes the game boot with the launcher.

Make sure to also use the SA2 Mod Loader and use Borderless Fullscreen.

So yeah, I don't think most crashes are because of a library change or any compatibility with Nvidia. The culprit seems to be the loading screens being tied to framerate, and since even on an SSD the game's initial boot and file loading screens take the longest, so there's a longer stretch of time for something to go wrong. Sometimes you just have to try a couple of times and keep at it: In my experience, once you get to the main menu, you're safe, as it never crashed anywhere after that no matter what my settings. It just seems like the game has an extremely volatile boot up process that you have to fight a bit.

Wademan94 Wademan94 Noipoi Noipoi TheMightyP TheMightyP Lamperouge Lamperouge CannonStreak CannonStreak KillerCage KillerCage As I know y'all like Sonic and might be interested to see this speculation of mine on why the heck the PC port works the way it does, lol.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Nice. Is this your first time playing the games?

That collector's edition looks sick but I already played the trilogy on PS4 and even with the extra content I'm not sure If t's worth it for me. Also, I forgot you do streams (I think I remember you mentioning it a few times). How active are you on Twitch?
I played the first two on Steam before.

I am trying to get a schedule on Twitch soon; I may do a stream tonight (not this game but something else. Not LC this time, sorry BlondeLombax)

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So splitting this into three:

1. Lamperouge Lamperouge so got to the point in Spidey PS4 of the Sinister Six reveal scene, It's still magnificent, Still sends chills down my spine. Playing it though, did notice a few small plotholes but whatever: I still love the game. Playing this, AC Valhalla and FFXV though has been a bit awkward but I'm having fun.

1638574546684.png

Pocket Collection was price dropped to £25/$30..................so I buy physical.

3.................I don't know.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
So splitting this into three:

1. Lamperouge Lamperouge so got to the point in Spidey PS4 of the Sinister Six reveal scene, It's still magnificent, Still sends chills down my spine. Playing it though, did notice a few small plotholes but whatever: I still love the game. Playing this, AC Valhalla and FFXV though has been a bit awkward but I'm having fun.
Alright, I'm curious; what plot holes are you talking about here?

3.................I don't know.
Understandable, have a nice day.

MooMew64

Not even lying, Unleashed would be the best of the boost games if it weren't for the Werehog gameplay.

But the Werehog exists, so it's not.
It's still somehow the prettiest, though.

People keep porting its Sonic model to all the PC games for a reason.

Although NGL, I'm not a big Jason Griffith guy and I was pretty shocked to see how many people like his Sonic voice.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

Although NGL, I'm not a big Jason Griffith guy and I was pretty shocked to see how many people like his Sonic voice.
I think Griffith is good when he’s kinda laid back. Well, as laid back as Sonic can be anyway. When he tries to sound pumped up his Sonic comes off as really corny and kinda inauthentic sometimes. I don’t think he did a bad job, but he’s not my favorite Sonic voice.

That distinction belongs to Jaleel White/s

He shoulda been classic Sonic in generations though. No joke.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Although NGL I'm not a big Jason Griffith guy and I was pretty shocked to see how many people like his Sonic.
Ngl, Unleashed definitely is still the looking Sonic game by far. You can make an arguement for Gens (because Gens looks fantastic too), but idk how Sega never managed to top that, especially with Forces being on much stronger hardware. Then again, Forces looks worse than Colors on the Wii imo, so maybe I'm biased.

As for Jason, he perfected it in Unleashed and then SEGA told him to **** off after that, so yeah. Me growing up with Adventure 2, I was one for Drummond, but Roger's my fav by far

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Alright, I'm curious; what plot holes are you talking about here?
A few small plotholes or anything.

Just more some of the characters should have known each other through others and all that at least.

Also Kingpin's disappearance from the story after what happened at The Raft, not fully known if Mister Negative knew Peter was Spidey, did Doc Ock know if Peter's best friend was the kid of the man he wanted dead etc.

Still adore the story, older Peter is better.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Not even lying, Unleashed would be the best of the boost games if it weren't for the Werehog gameplay.

But the Werehog exists, so it's not.
Modern Sonic levels in Generations are peak boost gameplay.

Only exception being Planet Wisp.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I wanted to do one for the Gamecube too, you know because 2021 is the 20th anniversary of both but i got lazy after drawing the GBA and procrastinated for so long that now i dont really have the motivation to do it since 2021 is almost over lol
Man, you got 28 days. If you draw a little bit a day, you’ll be done in no time!

Dutch Raikuna

Huh.

I just realised since it's 10 years since a certain anniversary of mine, think I might do a 10 games in 1 poster to represent my favourite one I played each year.

So for example:

2021 - Scarlet Nexus
2020 - The Outer Worlds
2019 - Astral Chain
2018 - God of War (2018)
2017 - Nier Automata or Yakuza 0
2016 - Zero Time Dilemma or Dishonored 2
2015 - Shadow of Mordor
2014 - Child of Light
2013 - Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
2012 - Kid Icarus Uprising
2011 - The World Ends With You

Might do something like that to compliment my six anime poster idea. Just Hadokeyblade Hadokeyblade 's idea threw that back into my head.

Six anime by the way is Kino's Journey, Laid Back Camp, Re:Zero, Zombieland Saga, Land of the Lustrous and Nichijou.

Anyways. I think I'll head off here and stick to Discord tonight.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Huh.

I just realised since it's 10 years since a certain anniversary of mine, think I might do a 10 games in 1 poster to represent my favourite one I played each year.

So for example:

2021 - Scarlet Nexus
2020 - The Outer Worlds
2019 - Astral Chain
2018 - God of War (2018)
2017 - Nier Automata or Yakuza 0
2016 - Zero Time Dilemma or Dishonored 2
2015 - Shadow of Mordor
2014 - Child of Light
2013 - Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
2012 - Kid Icarus Uprising
2011 - The World Ends With You

Might do something like that to compliment my six anime poster idea. Just Hadokeyblade Hadokeyblade 's idea threw that back into my head.

Six anime by the way is Kino's Journey, Laid Back Camp, Re:Zero, Zombieland Saga, Land of the Lustrous and Nichijou.

Anyways. I think I'll head off here and stick to Discord tonight.
Dude I give you props for mentioning Zero Time Dilemma. I haven't played it yet, but I played the first two. In fact I just beat VIrtue's Last Reward yesterday. It absolutely blew my mind. It's criminal how under the radar Zero Escape is, it deserves more attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom