• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Learning with Pibby is now at 1.1 million views on YouTube.

For the record off the top of my head, The only videos on the Adult Swim YouTube to reach those views in two days, are Rick and morty ones.

That’s pretty big for Adult Swim, and definitely helps in getting content made from the short.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Eternals is at a 59%, huh?

Well, Madagascar is at a 54% and that movie is a cinematic masterpiece, Eternals could never.

Also, fun fact, that series had better critic scores the more it progressed. It started from 54, to 64, to 78

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
After I finish Kingdom Hearts and Pokémon, time for Shin Megami Tensei and Persona.

osby osby I don’t have a PS2, so will I be missing anything significant if I only play 3 Portable and miss out on FES?

Shroob

Sup?
After I finish Kingdom Hearts and Pokémon, time for Shin Megami Tensei and Persona.

osby osby I don’t have a PS2, so will I be missing anything significant if I only play 3 Portable and miss out on FES?
Since Osby's not here, I will say this.

FES completes 3's story and gives motivation to the characters going forward, so it is important to the overall plot of 3.

However, you can play every Persona game independently without needing to really play any prior ones since their story's pretty self-contained, but FES IS important for 3's plot.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I really like that Pibby pilot but as it is now I can't help but feel that it needs something else as a hook in addition to the whole "Cartoons but Evil" angle. Like as it is now It could be a pretty interesting TV Movie but I'm not sure how it could hold my interest as a TV series.

But it is just that, a Pilot, so any kinks and more in depth things will get ironed out and added if it gets greenlit so I'm still optimistic that it can be something special.

Shroob

Sup?
I really like that Pibby pilot but as it is now I can't help but feel that it needs something else as a hook in addition to the whole "Cartoons but Evil" angle. Like as it is now It could be a pretty interesting TV Movie but I'm not sure how it could hold my interest as a TV series.

But it is just that, a Pilot, so any kinks and more in depth things will get ironed out and added if it gets greenlit so I'm still optimistic that it can be something special.
I think the best way to do it is simple.

Not start with the "Cartoon but EVIL???!" and build up to it over a few episodes.

Like, imagine if Pibby plays it straight for 2-3 episodes, and then just, drops the beat on episode 3. It's what Madoka did with the infamous scene of Mami getting her head bit off.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
I’m excited for Pippy, looks like a good meta show that didn’t show much more than the main idea. I just wanna know what was up with the Spongebob background, I know it was a proof of concept but given the animation quality I find strange that nobody caught that.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

I think the best way to do it is simple.

Not start with the "Cartoon but EVIL???!" and build up to it over a few episodes.

Like, imagine if Pibby plays it straight for 2-3 episodes, and then just, drops the beat on episode 3. It's what Madoka did with the infamous scene of Mami getting her head bit off.
Going the Wandavision route and having things slowly unravel would make a lot of sense.

At the very least, i think the first episode could play like they but then end with Bun Bun being taken.

Alternatively, we could spend time in each show learning about how things when down and how characters survived. Example, how did Darwin survive, and the rest of the waterson familydidn’t.

Or how the hell did Johnny and Plank get out of there? These characters likely wouldn’t stay as main stays,so this implies there’s a safe haven for characters somewhere, or a way to ward the static off.

Or maybe we see more then Pibby crossover imto
Other worlds. Perhaps characters like Muriel could visit worlds like Adventure time till it gets destroyed.

Playing off of character interactions is what could really sell the show imo.

Also props if the static is actually tied into the void from the amazing world ofGumball.

I’m excited for Pippy, looks like a good meta show that didn’t show much more than the main idea. I just wanna know what was up with the Spongebob background, I know it was a proof of concept but given the animation quality I find strange that nobody caught that.
Not even just Spongebob, there’s Rockos’s modern life, black and white cartoons, The cat is based on the Disney afternoon shows, they visit commercials, the sidekick is from a world clearly inspired by the golden age of comics look.

This is basically channel chasers but on crack.

Shroob

Sup?

As for SMT, you've going to be in a bit of a rough spot tbh since.... like, where do start there?

SMT 1 and 2 never came out in the US and suffer from "Very old game" syndrome.

Nocturne(SMT3) is the most accessible as of right now due to the remaster.

Strange Journey, 4 and 4A all cost an arm and a leg physical.

And of course, for you Snake, difficulty is a concern, and SMT is notoriously hard, with SMT4 having one of the most infamously difficult "1st boss", and no real "easy mode" to speak of iirc.

I'd stick with Nocturne and go straight into 5 tbh, but even then, Nocturne is very labyrinthian due to its older design and isn't super clear about what to do or where to go all the time, on top of insane spawn rates and having to save at certain areas, so no saving wherever, which means a death can set you back considerably.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
yeah yeah Pibby looks great and all but they still let Young Justice get away with killing Superboy and I will never forgive them for that

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Since Osby's not here, I will say this.

FES completes 3's story and gives motivation to the characters going forward, so it is important to the overall plot of 3.

However, you can play every Persona game independently without needing to really play any prior ones since their story's pretty self-contained, but FES IS important for 3's plot.
Ok but I literally can’t play FES so…
As for SMT, you've going to be in a bit of a rough spot tbh since.... like, where do start there?

SMT 1 and 2 never came out in the US and suffer from "Very old game" syndrome.

Nocturne(SMT3) is the most accessible as of right now due to the remaster.

Strange Journey, 4 and 4A all cost an arm and a leg physical.

And of course, for you Snake, difficulty is a concern, and SMT is notoriously hard, with SMT4 having one of the most infamously difficult "1st boss", and no real "easy mode" to speak of iirc.

I'd stick with Nocturne and go straight into 5 tbh, but even then, Nocturne is very labyrinthian due to its older design and isn't super clear about what to do or where to go all the time, on top of insane spawn rates and having to save at certain areas, so no saving wherever, which means a death can set you back considerably.
I was gonna start with 3 on merciful via the switch then go to 5. The other games in the series are as you say. I can’t play 1, 2, or if, and Strange Journeys and 4 are inaccessible to me unless you can buy them digital on the 3DS eshop but even then what you said about the difficulty makes me want to stay away. Yeah. I’m just gonna stick to 3 and 5 for now.

Shroob

Sup?
Ok but I literally can’t play FES so…

I was gonna start with 3 on merciful via the switch then go to 5. The other games in the series are as you say. I can’t play 1, 2, or if, and Strange Journeys and 4 are inaccessible to me unless you can buy them digital on the 3DS eshop but even then what you said about the difficulty makes me want to stay away. Yeah. I’m just gonna stick to 3 and 5 for now.
Yeah, if you can't, then don't worry about it. Just be aware that any time the characters show up in future media, it's post-FES. Which is to say that the ARENA games are canon to the Persona narrative.

And you can buy them on the 3DS E-shop iirc. However, Strange Journey's a 1st person dungeon crawler/RPG hybrid. TBH, I didn't find this one hard, but 4/4a definitely have difficulty spikes.

Will warn though that what I said holds true. You can't save whenever in Nocturne, so be prepared to get killed by something dumb and have hours of progress wasted.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm not sure how to describe it, but Season 1 of Spongebob just straight up has a different vibe than the rest of the rest of the series.

Like, it's pretty... heartfelt? In comparision to the more chaotic moments of season 2 and beyond.
Many shows feel different in their first seasons. It’s the second and third seasons where the team really gets a feel for what they’re doing with the show.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I'm not sure how to describe it, but Season 1 of Spongebob just straight up has a different vibe than the rest of the rest of the series.

Like, it's pretty... heartfelt? In comparision to the more chaotic moments of season 2 and beyond.
Many shows feel different in their first seasons. It’s the second and third seasons where the team really gets a feel for what they’re doing with the show.
Artwise, too. It was definitely animated a lot like Rocko, Doug, Catdog, and the like, with the following seasons really establishing a style of its own.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Comparing Gravity Falls Seasons 1 and 2 is like watching two separate shows - I can only dream of what season three would have been like.
cover1.jpg

Season 1___________________Season 2

In all fairness, the end of 1 was when the series started heating up, since that's when they introduced Bill and started hinting at Stan's true identity

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
you ignore this **** right now

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Made it through Island 1 of Regular Sun. The handholding isn't too bad if you just mash A through it.

Lost 3 Pokémon, including my starter (Rowlet) which sucks but we soldier on anyways. The current team is:
  • Fluffee the Cottonee,
  • Barzoople the Magnemite,
  • BiggieSmalls the Makuhita,
  • Punished the Alolan Meowth,
  • and Adelle the Rockruff
This run's also gotten lucky to be able to set up the necessary dupes for Honedge in Ultra Sun (Stufful and Alolan Raticate–who will come out ONLY for the Elite Four). We'll see if I get the lucky Minior when I get to Mount Hokulani (it's 3:4 for Minior and 1:4 for the unlucky early Beldum), but I'm not as concerned as that given Aegislash is busted on its own.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
with SMT4 having one of the most infamously difficult "1st boss"
I mean, the only issue with the Minotaur fight is that you get a partner in that fight and it has a 33% chance of being the one who casts fire on the boss who is immune to fire, making the fight luck dependant in a franchise where weaknesses and immunities are so important in the specific installment where that aspect gets dialed to 11

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, the only issue with the Minotaur fight is that you get a partner in that fight and it has a 33% chance of being the one who casts fire on the boss who is immune to fire, making the fight luck dependant in a franchise where weaknesses and immunities are so important in the specific installment where that aspect gets dialed to 11
I mean, yeah, but Minotaur is still considered one of the hardest JRPG 1st bosses even by SMT fans due to both that and Labrys Strike.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I mean, yeah, but Minotaur is still considered one of the hardest JRPG 1st bosses even by SMT fans due to both that and Labrys Strike.
I'm aware but I think it's so disappointing that the boss that makes sure you understand the game has a 33% chance of being damn near unwinnable, as for Labrys Strike, it's meant to go "HEY STUPID USE TARUNDA OR RAKUKAJA IDEALLY BOTH IN EITHER ORDER". It's a shame as the very next boss, Medusa, forces players to learn that this isn't like Pokemon where you have bonds with the demons but rather how you should always fuse new **** with different immunities ajd weaknesses

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
If we're talking about hard SMT bosses why aren't we talking about the GOAT

View attachment 336504
The topic is more about a good starting point and Minotaur's known to be more frustrating as the game randomly makes the fight unwinnable due to 4's Smirk system and one of the 3 partners you'll get in the fight constantly giving Minotaur free Smirk, Matador's 'lol dodge' gimmick by comparison is much easier to deal with

Shroob

Sup?
The topic is more about a good starting point and Minotaur's known to be more frustrating as the game randomly makes the fight unwinnable due to 4's Smirk system and one of the 3 partners you'll get in the fight constantly giving Minotaur free Smirk, Matador's 'lol dodge' gimmick by comparison is much easier to deal with
If you have Fog Breath, that is.

Going in, I knew about Fog Breath ahead of time, but if someone doesn't, it'll be dodge city.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
If you have Fog Breath, that is.

Going in, I knew about Fog Breath ahead of time, but if someone doesn't, it'll be dodge city.
Tbf that's the thing with SMT bosses, you save, fight the boss and throw random **** and see how they react, get killed and plan around it with Dekunda, Sukunda or as you mentioned, Fog Breath alongside weaknesses

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Joel Vinesauce playing Yume Nikki is one hell of a surprise, but I ain't complaining. Far from it in fact.

Once I'm back from work, definitely gonna watch his YN video in full.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
G'morning m'gamers
yeah yeah Pibby looks great and all but they still let Young Justice get away with killing Superboy and I will never forgive them for that
I DON'T KNOW WHY BUT I CLICKED ON THAT SPOILER TAG
**** THIS SHOW I'M NOT WATCHING THE FOURTH SEASON

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Apparently both the director (Mark Dindal) and the writer (David Reynolds) of this Garfield movie also respectively directed and wrote The Emperor's New Groove among other notable films

Holy crud, could this be good?
TENG is peak comedy. But Garfield is practically the exact opposite.

Talk about a 50/50.

G'morning m'gamers

I DON'T KNOW WHY BUT I CLICKED ON THAT SPOILER TAG
**** THIS SHOW I'M NOT WATCHING THE FOURTH SEASON
To be fair, we know the Leigon of Superheroes were watching them, so for all we know Connor could've been saved. Otherwise, should've been Gar.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Yeah, it's got a more down to earth vibe by comparison.

Early Simpsons felt like that too. More "Soul". But I think Spongebob's identity stayed more consistent, not too many gags about modern tech or whatnot. Granted now, the whacky faces got turned up to 11 and feels like the animated equivalent of over-acting, but it has its place.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Excuse me good sir this is the pinnacle of comedy
A classic
To be fair, we know the Leigon of Superheroes were watching them, so for all we know Connor could've been saved. Otherwise, should've been Gar.
It's been a hot minute since I watched Young Justice but it feels to me like the series just keeps going downhill from season to season

Outsiders was dog**** so and since it's been so long I was hoping the writers would take some of the criticism people have against it to heart, but them killing off one of the OG team members makes it seem like they're just doubling down on what they were already doing

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
A classic

It's been a hot minute since I watched Young Justice but it feels to me like the series just keeps going downhill from season to season

Outsiders was dog**** so and since it's been so long I was hoping the writers would take some of the criticism people have against it to heart, but them killing off one of the OG team members makes it seem like they're just doubling down on what they were already doing
I felt Season 2 was my favorite by far. Season 3 was weaker since Brion and Halo I couldn't really give a **** about. Would've liked more episodes about guys like Blue Beetle and Static. I heard Nightwing's arc this season might have to do with the Red Hood, which I hope is the case cause Jason did get glossed over

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I felt Season 2 was my favorite by far. Season 3 was weaker since Brion and Halo I couldn't really give a **** about. Would've liked more episodes about guys like Blue Beetle and Static. I heard Nightwing's arc this season might have to do with the Red Hood, which I hope is the case cause Jason did get glossed over
I enjoyed season 1 the most

Season 2 was good but the team dynamic of S1 was pretty much gone so it wasn't exactly what I wanted in a folllow up. Season 3 was just straight up dog**** imo and s4 sounds like it's gonna continue to be dog****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom