• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Before the gen 4 remakes come out i’m gonna buy and play X, AlphaSapphire, and Ultra Moon. Only once I’ve beaten them will I buy one of the Sinnoh games. I’m gonna go Pokémon hunting. Though in each one i’m only gonna try to get a completed regional Dex without trading. No National Dex in any of them
Welcome to the dark side. We have Klefki.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I've considered disabling them multiple times but it's just inbox clutter at this point.

Like, I get 15+ notifications after not being on the site for hours, and 0 quotes, 0 notifs for new replies, all likes. No convo being had, no interesting discussion, nothing.

Actually useless system
That’s why I just have notify for likes disabled.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I see likes as a way someone actually did read it.

Though I do know a few who don't love me here but **** that bro.
put it out like this odd MCU example

all the comments with massive likes are Spider-Man: No Way Home, Hawkeye, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, What If, Black Widow, Loki, Falcon & Winter Soldier, and WandaVision

while the more “ignored” comments are comparable to Eternals. It’s not straight up ignored or unimportant, and it is looked at, but sometimes there’s not a real way to comment on it due to either having a lack of knowledge, not wanting to **** the words up, or they want to quickly spit out what was on their mind

or at least it makes sense to me and me alone

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Y'all ready for a story?

I'm in the middle of replaying Lego Dimensions and I wanted to play the BTTF Level Pack. Unfortunately my Marty Mcfly tag died so now I have to figure out a way to make mine work or get a new one.

I will say the game is beautifully crafted (for a Lego game) and I thought of ability lists for a few characters that didn't make the cut. Anyone mind if I share some of them?

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Y'all ready for a story?

I'm in the middle of replaying Lego Dimensions and I wanted to play the BTTF Level Pack. Unfortunately my Marty Mcfly tag died so now I have to figure out a way to make mine work or get a new one.

I will say the game is beautifully crafted (for a Lego game) and I thought of ability lists for a few characters that didn't make the cut. Anyone mind if I share some of them?
I actually got my old Chell and Peter Venkman figures working earlier via a neat trick. If you scan the character pads not working with the amiibo scanner on the Wii U, if that's what you're using, than the the stuff will fix itself. If it doesn't, than the thing is completely busted, but it worked for me earlier today. Apparently what is used to scan it on the toy pad sometimes just goes out of wack and the scan sets it back, at least that's what I've read. Use the one on the main menu and see how it works.

And I'd love to see em, by the way.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Y'all ready for a story?

I can sympathize; My Marie amiibo tag randomly broke this year.

Never dropped it, it barely got used, it just...Stopped reading.

Best advice I could give is to buy a custom tag and just download the data onto it.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I actually got my old Chell and Peter Venkman figures working earlier via a neat trick. If you scan the character pads not working with the amiibo scanner on the Wii U, if that's what you're using, than the the stuff will fix itself. If it doesn't, than the thing is completely busted, but it worked for me earlier today. Apparently what is used to scan it on the toy pad sometimes just goes out of wack and the scan sets it back, at least that's what I've read. Use the one on the main menu and see how it works.

And I'd love to see em, by the way.
1. I'll have the ability lists posted soon.
2. The tag is dead dead. I tried scanning it on the Switch, multiple NFC apps on a phone, and the underside of the toy pad. None of them recognized the tag, and I used working characters to verify that it did work. I heard there may be some other workaround, but I'm not sure I want to risk doing it.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
1. I'll have the ability lists posted soon.
2. The tag is dead dead. I tried scanning it on the Switch, multiple NFC apps on a phone, and the underside of the toy pad. None of them recognized the tag, and I used working characters to verify that it did work. I heard there may be some other workaround, but I'm not sure I want to risk doing it.
Ah, alright. Didn't know you tried these methods earlier. On the plus side, Marty only had the Sonar ability, so if you have his two vehicles pre registered on the toy tag and have another character with Sonar, you should be able to complete the level alright if there's not some other hiccup I'm unaware of.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Yo.

Ben-To is a ****ing trip of an anime. Gonna binge this then tonight.

Did it with Mushoku Tensei last night (alright anime, interesting isekai but of course being based off light novels and manga will need like 200 episodes at least or some crap to go through), gonna do it with Ben-To and trying and do a one anime binge each day til Friday cause week off.

1. Shinei Nouzen, the male lead of 86: Eighty Six.

Note the little Lena in the corner that I couldn't completely hide lol.

2. And a like for you.

You raise a good point with the likes system BTW. They might not lead to actual discussion all the time but it's still nice to know that your posts are being acknowledged in some way even if nobody has anything substantial to add.
1. I'm an idiot.

2. That's what I meant anyways but I suck at simplifying words.

That being said with the likes system but I do wish there was more changes like a limit per day or to ignore specific users doing it. Yes the persons I'm talking about probably knows if I'm talking about them but I'll leave that to ambiguity.

"They might not lead to actual discussion all the time but it's still nice to know that your posts are being acknowledged in some way even if nobody has anything substantial to add."

Again exactly. If I'm making a lengthy post that took me half an hour or an hour I'd want it to get acknowledged in some form. Apply it to an IRL presentation you are giving as a scenario:

You spent making a great deal of time making it to go somewhere and present. How would you feel if no-one is paying attention and giving off a clap or responding after? You'd be annoyed or upset or frustrated at who you are giving it to. Similar story.

put it out like this odd MCU example

all the comments with massive likes are Spider-Man: No Way Home, Hawkeye, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, What If, Black Widow, Loki, Falcon & Winter Soldier, and WandaVision

while the more “ignored” comments are comparable to Eternals. It’s not straight up ignored or unimportant, and it is looked at, but sometimes there’s not a real way to comment on it due to either having a lack of knowledge, not wanting to **** the words up, or they want to quickly spit out what was on their mind

I'm confused but I sort of get it. I applaud for the comparison you gave me at least so we'll meet halfway.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Apparently both the director (Mark Dindal) and the writer (David Reynolds) of this Garfield movie also respectively directed and wrote The Emperor's New Groove among other notable films

Holy crud, could this be good?
Mark Dindal also apparently did Chicken Little. Look how that film turned out.

In this case it could be 50/50, either good or bad.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Ah, alright. Didn't know you tried these methods earlier. On the plus side, Marty only had the Sonar ability, so if you have his two vehicles pre registered on the toy tag and have another character with Sonar, you should be able to complete the level alright if there's not some other hiccup I'm unaware of.
Yeah I know all about Marty's... lack of abilities. I consider him the third worst character in the game (1 and 2 belong to Franz Krieger (only one ability that Ethan Hunt already has... and only playable for a single part of the Mission Impossible level) and Jacob Kowalski (also one ability that his base character already has (Silver Lego is the ability, Newt Scamander is the character).

The hiccup is that to play the level you need Marty. Without Marty, the level is impossible to play since he acts as the key.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Yeah I know all about Marty's... lack of abilities. I consider him the third worst character in the game (1 and 2 belong to Franz Krieger (only one ability that Ethan Hunt already has... and only playable for a single part of the Mission Impossible level) and Jacob Kowalski (also one ability that his base character already has (Silver Lego is the ability, Newt Scamander is the character).

The hiccup is that to play the level you need Marty. Without Marty, the level is impossible to play since he acts as the key.
Can't you still access the level without him in level select?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Oof now Eternals has went down to 59% on Rotten Tomatoes.
I'm a little concerned when reviews that I've seen on Reddit have compared it to X-Men: Dark Phoenix, Fant4stic, and Batman v Superman, though they haven't elaborated on why due to not wanting to spoil the movie. I'm not sure if it's due to the tone (Batman v Superman and Fant4stic took themselves very seriously, and I could see the Eternals doing the same) or the quality, so while I'm still going to watch it, those comments seem ominous.

(full disclosure, I haven't seen Dark Phoenix, and I probably don't dislike Batman v Superman as much as most of the internet - I feel like it had some great moments and ideas, but a lot of those ideas were executed poorly, and it's a shame that the theatrical cut barely focused on the Superman side of Batman v Superman; the extended cut did better in that regard, though Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor seems like a bizarre casting choice, especially given how he portrayed the character)

Based on the professional reviews that I've read, it seems like the big problem that they have with the movie is the final act, and it doesn't seem to help that the movie's introducing about ten or eleven characters without even getting into the villains. (the ten Eternals and the Black Knight)

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

As someone who thinks the Eternals looks immensely boring this comes across as an insult more than anything.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Mark Dindal also apparently did Chicken Little. Look how that film turned out.

In this case it could be 50/50, either good or bad.
Tbf, that film was heavily studio meddled. That probably wasn't entirely his fault.

Dindal also did Cats Don't Dance, which I haven't seen myself, but I've heard great things

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Y'all ready for a story?

Oh yeah, I'd love to hear that abillity list! Haven't played LEGO Dimensions in ages, but I really enjoyed my time with it.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Audiences: I'm getting bored of the MCU. It's getting a bit formulaic.
Eternals: Does something different
Audiences: WTF is this!? Where is my formulaic Marvel movie!?

In a nutshell.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Audiences: I'm getting bored of the MCU. It's getting a bit formulaic.
Eternals: Does something different
Audiences: WTF is this!? Where is my formulaic Marvel movie!?

In a nutshell.
I feel like it's best to wait until the movie comes out before saying something like that; just because something's different doesn't always mean that it's better.

There are plenty of times where it can be - movies like Aquaman, Shazam, and James Gunn's The Suicide Squad were a refreshing change of pace for the DC cinematic universe, for example - but there are also times where an experiment doesn't work out, like Halloween 3 trying to turn the series into an anthology, or PlayStation All Stars adding an "only Supers KO people" mechanic to differentiate itself from Smash Bros., or Nintendo making a multiplayer-focused Metroid spin-off based around the Galactic Federation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom