• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Wow, this sounds tedious as ****. lol
Not really. Emulator speed up and using rare candies to augment grinding means I've blazed through most of the games so far in 2-3 days, if that.

If you mean having to consider which Pokémon to use in each run, I'd say that's the best part of the experience. Otherwise there's no reason to not use nuzlocke staples like Gyarados, Eevee, the psuedo-legendary, and even stronger Pokémon. I've had to think outside of the box multiple times and it's honestly the most fun I've had doing nuzlocke runs in a long time.

I never would've used Mightyena in Emerald Elite 4, or Girafarig + Torterra in Pearl, or have a Beheeyem (who I've literally never used before) save my run. Honestly these runs are far more memorable than the countless runs I've done in the past decade or so, and I really wouldn't have it any other way.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
As someone who thinks the Eternals looks immensely boring this comes across as an insult more than anything.
I wish that was the most insulting thing said about the movie. The worst stuff said to the movie is about the sex scene, a gay guy who doesn’t stereotype the sexuality, and a lot of other questionable things

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Not really. Emulator speed up and using rare candies to augment grinding means I've blazed through most of the games so far in 2-3 days, if that.

If you mean having to consider which Pokémon to use in each run, I'd say that's the best part of the experience. Otherwise there's no reason to not use nuzlocke staples like Gyarados, Eevee, the psuedo-legendary, and even stronger Pokémon. I've had to think outside of the box multiple times and it's honestly the most fun I've had doing nuzlocke runs in a long time.
Sucks there's no rare candy cheat from Gen 6 up.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Alright here is the ability lists for a few characters that I thought "hey wouldn't these people be neat?".:

First on our list is Bugs Bunny. He doesn't really have any unique abilities:
Digging
Acrobatics
Stealth
Carrot Transformation (becomes Super Rabbit)
Super Rabbit abilities:
Super Strength
Flying
Underwater Diving

Next are the three Eds. The three have their own abilities along with some trio abilities:

Digging
Super Strength

Technology
Hacking
Fix-It
X Ray Vision
Intelligence
Target
Tracking

Mini Access
Grapple
Acrobatics
Rope Swing
Sonar Smash
Costume Change (Professor Scam)
Professor Scam abilities:
All above mentioned Eddy abilities
Laser (via the Money Ray (don't ask))

Ed Leading: Batter Ed
Super Speed
Super Strength

Edd Leading: Trampol Ed
Acrobatics
Super Jump

Eddy Leading: Tower of Eddy
Item Carry (new ability. Let's the Eds carry items found in high places to a specific location.)

Now we have Steve (Minecraft). He's got a ton of abilities including a few unique ones:

Illuminate Dark Areas
Silver Lego Blowup
Stealth
Super Strength
Target
Digging
Hazard Clean/Plant Growth
Sword Switch
Mine (let's Steve destroy the level to gather materials)
Craft (when near a Crafting Table, Steve can craft certain items. The game only lets you craft one item per crafting table)
Place (Steve can place a block mostly anywhere)
Minecart (spawns a minecraft that functions as a standard vehicle. Disappears after a vehicle ability is used)

Finally we have Yui Hirasawa, who I know was a wild chance to begin with, but I wanted her to join way back then:

Sonar Smash
Boomerang
Guitar station (plays the Guitar at a specific station. Marty Mcfly, Marceline, and Lego Batman Movie Batman would retroactively gain this ability)
Character Change (in addition to Yui being playable, Ritsu, Mio, and Tsumugi are also playable. They all also have Sonar Smash and Guitar Station. Unlike Yui's Guitar Station, there are Drum, Bass, and Keyboard stations that no other character gains.)
Ritsu abilities:
Ghost Protection (Slimer and Betelguise can pass through swarms of ghosts without running in fear)
Mio's abilities:
Intelligence
Tsumugi's abilities:
Super Strength

Each would unlock their world, with Steve and Yui also unlocking levels (Steve's would have been a Story Pack that would involve fighting the Ender Dragon. Yui's would've been a single level).

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Alright here is the ability lists for a few characters that I thought "hey wouldn't these people be neat?".:

First on our list is Bugs Bunny. He doesn't really have any unique abilities:
Digging
Acrobatics
Stealth
Carrot Transformation (becomes Super Rabbit)
Super Rabbit abilities:
Super Strength
Flying
Underwater Diving

Next are the three Eds. The three have their own abilities along with some trio abilities:

Digging
Super Strength

Technology
Hacking
Fix-It
X Ray Vision
Intelligence
Target
Tracking

Mini Access
Grapple
Acrobatics
Rope Swing
Sonar Smash
Costume Change (Professor Scam)
Professor Scam abilities:
All above mentioned Eddy abilities
Laser (via the Money Ray (don't ask))

Ed Leading: Batter Ed
Super Speed
Super Strength

Edd Leading: Trampol Ed
Acrobatics
Super Jump

Eddy Leading: Tower of Eddy
Item Carry (new ability. Let's the Eds carry items found in high places to a specific location.)

Now we have Steve (Minecraft). He's got a ton of abilities including a few unique ones:

Illuminate Dark Areas
Silver Lego Blowup
Stealth
Super Strength
Target
Digging
Hazard Clean/Plant Growth
Sword Switch
Mine (let's Steve destroy the level to gather materials)
Craft (when near a Crafting Table, Steve can craft certain items. The game only lets you craft one item per crafting table)
Place (Steve can place a block mostly anywhere)
Minecart (spawns a minecraft that functions as a standard vehicle. Disappears after a vehicle ability is used)

Finally we have Yui Hirasawa, who I know was a wild chance to begin with, but I wanted her to join way back then:

Sonar Smash
Boomerang
Guitar station (plays the Guitar at a specific station. Marty Mcfly, Marceline, and Lego Batman Movie Batman would retroactively gain this ability)
Character Change (in addition to Yui being playable, Ritsu, Mio, and Tsumugi are also playable. They all also have Sonar Smash and Guitar Station. Unlike Yui's Guitar Station, there are Drum, Bass, and Keyboard stations that no other character gains.)
Ritsu abilities:
Ghost Protection (Slimer and Betelguise can pass through swarms of ghosts without running in fear)
Mio's abilities:
Intelligence
Tsumugi's abilities:
Super Strength

Each would unlock their world, with Steve and Yui also unlocking levels (Steve's would have been a Story Pack that would involve fighting the Ender Dragon. Yui's would've been a single level).
Steve destroys the level.mp4

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
There actually is for the 3DS games, and it's called Save Editing.

View attachment 336490

The future is now, old man.

Gen 8 has Max Raids, which I can just fiend the lower levels of for EXP candies.
Gonna probably try to mess around with the 3DS games more next year after I Homebrew a cheap, used 2DS from GameStop to turn it into a ROM dumping machine.

Actually, I'mma watch Black Friday sales: tech stores usually put old stuff like that on clearance during those kinda events.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I've been watching UltraSeven. It's a pretty good show so far. Right now I'm slowly making my way through all the Ultraman shows (Thanks to Mill Creek). It's a herculean task since they've released so far 18 out of the 30+ shows and many of the shows have over 40 or even 50+ episodes. But it will be worth it. I get to see how the franchise grew over its life and I can get to recognize the Ultras whenever they appear in newer shows.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
WAIT WHAT THE HECK

Why are old 3DS going for like, $350!?

THESE WERE LIKE, $90 A YEAR AND A HALF AGO, WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED

WHY DID THIS CONSOLE OF ALL THINGS SEE A PRICE MARK UP??? YOU CAN BUY AN N64 FOR CHEAPER. THESE YAHOOS ARE ASKING $300 PLUS FOR A 2DS WHAT ON EARTH.
Scalping Mania is real.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Gonna probably try to mess around with the 3DS games more next year after I Homebrew a cheap, used 2DS from GameStop to turn it into a ROM dumping machine.

Actually, I'mma watch Black Friday sales: tech stores usually put old stuff like that on clearance during those kinda events.
Better watch a dedicated restock account or stalk your local store or something like that. Old 3DS models of any kind (original, New, 2DS) are becoming harder to come by at MSRP since they're out of production now.
WAIT WHAT THE HECK

WHY DID THIS CONSOLE OF ALL THINGS SEE A PRICE MARK UP??? YOU CAN BUY AN N64 FOR CHEAPER. THESE YAHOOS ARE ASKING $300 PLUS FOR A 2DS WHAT ON EARTH.
Yep. Exactly what I was talking about.

I started typing the above response before seeing this lol.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Mariah Carey for the role of George Tarleton/M.O.D.O.K.’s daughter named Melissa Tarleton

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Better watch a dedicated restock account or stalk your local store or something like that. Old 3DS models of any kind (original, New, 2DS) are becoming harder to come by at MSRP since they're out of production now.

Yep. Exactly what I was talking about.

I started typing the above response before seeing this lol.
TBH I might just mod my spare, old XL.

It is the Xerneas one they did for XY, but TBH 3DS modding seems pretty straightforward, I don't think bricking is too big a risk as long as I follow instructions.

I like Pokemon, Sonic, and Paper Mario.

I'm a okay! Not mad at all!
also a Paper Mario fan and I feel pain whenever I think about the fandom.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
WAIT WHAT THE HECK

You haven’t seen New 3DS WITH a capture card installed…

cries in $3k. That’s right. $3 #%^+ing K.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Wonder how soon Gen 9 will be. You think next year will be Gen 9 or will it just be dlc for BDSP and LA?
Hopefully just DLC.

The last thing we need is for a new generation to be rushed and **** up the timing of new releases in the series for a year or two after that.

pokemon-5002c.jpg

REMEMBER WHAT THEY TOOK FROM YOU

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Wonder how soon Gen 9 will be. You think next year will be Gen 9 or will it just be dlc for BDSP and LA?
If gen 9 is next year I’m gonna have an aneurysm.

It could happen, depending on when exactly Legends began production. If they came up with the idea while gen 9 was already decently into development, I could see gen 9 dropping next year.

But it’d be really stupid.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
If gen 9 is next year I’m gonna have an aneurysm.

It could happen, depending on when exactly Legends began production. If they came up with the idea while gen 9 was already decently into development, I could see gen 9 dropping next year.

But it’d be really stupid.
Chances are, Legends is probably near finished, and they're putting the final touches on it.

GF actually did a rare GF move and actually managed to compress a Pokemon game, because now it's 8GB instead of 12ish

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
My sister broke her 2DS so I went online to see if I could replace it. Needless to say, that wasn’t happening. I just transferred her Pokemon Data to my 3DS and now shes using mine. I’m glad I sprung for my system a couple years past when a New XL Used only ran for 120$.

Its a real shame to see a system with so many amazing games like the 3DS go from one of the faces for affordable gaming to a scalpers wet dream.

Hopefully emulation for the system kicks off more soon, it’s been a slow process as far as I can tell (which really isn’t surprising given the two main gimmicks)

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
the next comment made will be from the best person in the server…er…thread

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Hopefully just DLC.

The last thing we need is for a new generation to be rushed and **** up the timing of new releases in the series for a year or two after that.

View attachment 336501

REMEMBER WHAT THEY TOOK FROM YOU
Watch once we get to the era of Gen V remakes and beyond, we start getting the “final versions” we never got before. Like we’ll get Grey 1 and Grey 2, Z, and Ultra Stars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom