• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
One of my favorite parts of the Kingdom hearts saga is that at some point in KH2 Sora, Donald and Goofy stop the search for Riku specifically to participate in a christmas special where Sora saves christmas.

I find it really funny. More JRPG's need a christmas special.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
What's a banlocke?
I explained the rules previously, but here they are again:
  • You can only catch the first Pokémon on each route
  • You must nickname every Pokémon
  • If a Pokémon faints it's DEAD and that mofo goes in the Heaven box
  • Hardcore Nuzlocke rules
    • No items in-battle
    • Set mode
    • No overleveling past the next Gym Leader's ace (for the Elite 4, no overleveling past the ace of the highest leveled Elite 4 member)
  • Species Clause: If I catch a Pokémon once, I can't catch a Pokémon of the same line for the rest of the run
  • Champion Species Clause: If a Pokémon is on the final team of one game, whether it survives to the end or not, that entire evolutionary line is bannedfor all subsequent runs.
    • That means I can only use staple Pokémon once. If I want Gyarados for Ultra Sun I can't put it on my team in any game before that, or else I risk getting it banned.
    • Along with this I use a Gentleman's rule to not swap my team members immediately before the Elite Four solely for the sake of avoiding bans.
  • I've decided to go through the entire Pokémon series with this ruleset, counting two versions of the same game as one game. As of this post, I've made it through 14 games, culminating in 84 Pokémon being banned from the remaining 4 runs (Sun, Ultra Sun to Rainbow Rocket, Let's Go Pikachu, and Sword–I might additionally do BDSP if I get it).

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Rate my Sonic PC library on Steam:

Context for the ones I'm sure will draw attention:

- World, World DX, Omens, Roboblast, SRB2Kart, and the 06 Port are all fangames.

- Heroes is the 2004 PC port.

Might try to see if I can find a way to hook Dolphin shortcuts into Steam for Secret Rings, Unleashed Wii, and Black Knight. Colors is...I mean, I could run it via Dolphin, but with Ultimate getting patched and modded to fix its issues, I'll probably just throw all my eggs into that basket: It's where all the community stuff is gonna go as modding progresses eventually anyways. Unleashed probably won't ever be in here 'cause I am currently unaware of any way to get anything other than the Wii version running on PC: Xbox emulation might be possible, but I'd have to look into it after buying a copy of Unleashed off of the Xbox store.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Rate my Sonic PC library on Steam:

Context for the ones I'm sure will draw attention:

- World, World DX, Omens, Roboblast, SRB2Kart, and the 06 Port are all fangames.

- Heroes is the 2004 PC port.

Might try to see if I can find a way to hook Dolphin shortcuts into Steam for Secret Rings, Unleashed Wii, and Black Knight. Colors is...I mean, I could run it via Dolphin, but with Ultimate getting patched and modded to fix its issues, I'll probably just throw all my eggs into that basket: It's where all the community stuff is gonna go as modding progresses eventually anyways. Unleashed probably won't ever be in here 'cause I am currently unaware of any way to get anything other than the Wii version running on PC: Xbox emulation might be possible, but I'd have to look into it after buying a copy of Unleashed off of the Xbox store.
No Sonic Jam. 0/10.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I’ve had comments ignored everyday yet I still post, knowing that it doesn’t matter so long as I post whatever the **** I wanted to say
or you can get easy likes by posting the very few things that gets these fools nice people to sell you likes that won’t really change your life yet at the least

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Whatever.

I'll post again in a few hours. Then again one of the topics I wanted to speak about isn't too fun and is a weird one for serious discussion.

Plus I don't have anything funny or creative to show for today.

I’ve had comments ignored everyday yet I still post, knowing that it doesn’t matter so long as I post whatever the **** I wanted to say
I see likes as a way someone actually did read it.

Though I do know a few who don't love me here but **** that bro.

This thread's very cliquish. I stopped posting my problems here because they'd just get ignored.
Maybe be cliquish but the people here are better than most on the net. Sweet as all instead of toxic communities that literally that hound and hound people like rabid dogs on steroids and coffee just cause "hey I like this over this".

Opinions are fine........until you deny actual facts on basic things but that's a topic for the seriousness.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I see likes as a way someone actually did read it.
So I gotta be honest here, I wouldn't put too much stock in the liking system for any social media. Liking as a whole is fundamentally flawed and has proven negative health effects on the human psyche and has been linked to depression, reservedness, and anxiety and stuff.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Are we sure BDSP doesn't have updated music? I know there was a weird midi trainer battle theme or something, but there was another battle theme (wild pokemon?) that sounded like it was a recreation.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Honestly, I'm surprised we even still have likes.

They used to have a function back in the day as a sort of pseudo-popularity system, but since they took that away they just... exist for no purpose whatsoever except as milestones for trophies.
And as a hobby, in my case

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

They used to have a function back in the day as a sort of pseudo-popularity system, but since they took that away they just... exist for no purpose whatsoever except as milestones for trophies.
I've considered disabling them multiple times but it's just inbox clutter at this point.

Like, I get 15+ notifications after not being on the site for hours, and 0 quotes, 0 notifs for new replies, all likes. No convo being had, no interesting discussion, nothing.

Actually useless system

Shroob

Sup?
I've considered disabling them multiple times but it's just inbox clutter at this point.

Like, I get 15+ notifications after not being on the site for hours, and 0 quotes, 0 notifs for new replies, all likes. No convo being had, no interesting discussion, nothing.

Actually useless system
Now you got a quote, and a like.

:yeahboi:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So I gotta be honest here, I wouldn't put too much stock in the liking system for any social media. Liking as a whole is fundamentally flawed and has proven negative health effects on the human psyche and has been linked to depression, reservedness, and anxiety and stuff.
Good thing I was depressed and anxious before even beginning to use social media.

It's not so much the liking system but something like the "user actually had read your post" sort of thing. It's like being in a group discussion IRL and you throw in a sentence but no one responds. I see it as a bit of a similar line.

That being said I would love it if I can have some members disabled from seeing.

As I mentioned I fine the system ok. Likes mean someone actually read my post or found it funny and considering I like people being clear with me it helps, like validation of some sort but in a the sense you mentioned.

I just don't like people who bull**** and bull**** around the edges IRL and since I can't see you guys faces, I can't read the room as well on the internet so I get unsure of me post is good or bad.

b-b-but the validation and dopamine...
1. Pfp - who he?

2. A like for you.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
What a fun night that was. Watching The Suicide Squad with my dad.

Still holds up as my favorite DCEU film to date.

That, Godzilla vs. Kong, Nobdoy, The Mitchells vs. The Machines, Antlers, Straight Outta Nowhere: Scooby-Doo Meets Courage the Cowardly Dog and Mortal Kombat Legends: Battle of the Realms are my favs of this year.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
1. Pfp - who he?

2. A like for you.
1. Shinei Nouzen, the male lead of 86: Eighty Six.

Note the little Lena in the corner that I couldn't completely hide lol.

2. And a like for you.

You raise a good point with the likes system BTW. They might not lead to actual discussion all the time but it's still nice to know that your posts are being acknowledged in some way even if nobody has anything substantial to add.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Before the gen 4 remakes come out i’m gonna buy and play X, AlphaSapphire, and Ultra Moon. Only once I’ve beaten them will I buy one of the Sinnoh games. I’m gonna go Pokémon hunting. Though in each one i’m only gonna try to get a completed regional Dex without trading. No National Dex in any of them

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Before the gen 4 remakes come out i’m gonna buy and play X, AlphaSapphire, and Ultra Moon. Only once I’ve beaten them will I buy one of the Sinnoh games. I’m gonna go Pokémon hunting. Though in each one i’m only gonna try to get a completed regional Dex without trading. No National Dex in any of them
Me and Noi right now:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom