• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
18 days until disappointment you mean

View attachment 336441

the music is literal midis this is worse than the trees and where's the battle frontier I miss it so much

Honestly it's the first time I'm just considering skipping a Pokémon game because I don't want to see all the regressing from Platinum that'll happen. I don't wanna see Flint go back to his team with Lopunny, Drifblim, and Steelix but I know it's going to happen. ;_;
There was a leak going around with Cynthia having Togekiss, so it is possible some may keep their Platinum teams. They better because that Drifblim was annoying as all hell to fight

There's also a leak stating that the MIDI's will get a day one patch for OG music, dunno it's veracity but it seems likely. Honestly I'll bop to the MIDIs either way, Wild Battle theme slaps.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just made some tests on the Switch N64 controller to see how it feels

Games tested:
  • Nintendo 64 Switch Online (Super Mario 64, Dr. Mario 64, & Star Fox 64 within)
  • Puyo Puyo Tetris
  • Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  • No More Heroes III

Notes
  • So far everything is responsive
  • Analog stick felt better than I was expecting (then again, it's been ages since I've touched an original one)
  • Using the controller on N64 Online gives the menu a cosmetic change and menu sound effects are replaced with Super Mario 64 ones
  • Pak slot on the back of the controller has been filled and covered up so nothing can be inserted
  • Rumble is pretty strong
  • Rumble only seems to work in N64 Online. Outside of that I felt nothing
  • In terms of N64 to Pro Controller inputs:
    • Home, Capture, and ZR are on the top of the controller
    • Analog stick, Start, A, B, L, R, & D-Pad are exactly what you think
    • Z is ZL
    • C Buttons are right stick
    • No Minus, X, Y, left stick button, or right stick button
  • I currently can't find out a way to close a game/app on the home menu without another controller (I really don't like that...)
That's all I've found out so far. If you got any questions or want me to test out something go ahead and ask.

M MooMew64

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Apparently both the director (Mark Dindal) and the writer (David Reynolds) of this Garfield movie also respectively directed and wrote The Emperor's New Groove among other notable films

Holy crud, could this be good?
Hang on a sec now I've just realized that I have no idea who's directing the new Super Mario movie. Have they announced that yet? You'd think it would be a notable detail.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I said I was gonna hold off on announcing Abel's voice actor for a while... but screw it, y'all get it early.
Abel_CastAnnounce.png

Abel will be voiced by the professional voice actress Su Ling Chan! Su Ling Chan is most known for providing the voice of Mayday, one of the two protagonists in the indie game No Straight Roads. She's also the first Malaysian voice actress to work with Funimation, having recently made her debut in the English dub of Kageki Shojo!! I am EXTREMELY stoked to have her on board! :dr^_^:
Noipoi Noipoi M MooMew64 Metal Shop X Metal Shop X Wademan94 Wademan94

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
They’re guys who worked on several cartoons, most notably Teen Titans Go. But also Batman: The Brave and the Bold.
One of them really only has TTG to their name, the other's been in the game for a while and worked on Jackie Chan Adventures, 2011's ThunderCats, The Batman and The Batman vs Dracula among other DC stuff

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I’m curious who they’re gonna get for Jon Arbuckle. I initially had Bill Hader in mind, though I was also thinking about another live-action/CGI crossover in Tom & Jerry style.

I feel like whoever they get for Jon should be capable enough to carry the movie on his own. Like if they can do the whole Garfield without Garfield shtick.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I’m curious who they’re gonna get for Jon Arbuckle. I initially had Bill Hader in mind, though I was also thinking about another live-action/CGI crossover in Tom & Jerry style.

I feel like whoever they get for Jon should be capable enough to carry the movie on his own. Like if they can do the whole Garfield without Garfield shtick.
Jablinski Gaming :bowsette:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I said I was gonna hold off on announcing Abel's voice actor for a while... but screw it, y'all get it early.
View attachment 336463
Abel will be voiced by the professional voice actress Su Ling Chan! Su Ling Chan is most known for providing the voice of Mayday, one of the two protagonists in the indie game No Straight Roads. She's also the first Malaysian voice actress to work with Funimation, having recently made her debut in the English dub of Kageki Shojo!! I am EXTREMELY stoked to have her on board! :dr^_^:
Noipoi Noipoi M MooMew64 Metal Shop X Metal Shop X Wademan94 Wademan94
So like, what is your role in this? I'm not sure if you said it?

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
View attachment 336445

And the cycle continues
As someone who just went through Alpha Sapphire (will have a fuller writeup posted later), I'd say it's good but suffers from Gen 6's critical issue of oozing with untapped potential. It doesn't do anything really revolutionary outside of some QoL changes, and the post-game outside of the Delta Episode (which is pretty based tbh) is as sad as usual for a Pokémon post-game. By the benchmark of HGSS I'd still call it disappointing, especially with the poor excuses given for not bringing back the Battle Frontier.

BDSM BDSP for me depends on what's found Day 1, but as of right now I think it's a bit of a Monkey's Paw situation where fans continually voiced fear of changes in a Sinnoh remake, so Game Freak outsourced it to another studio with explicit directions to change as little as possible. All in all I'm not particularly looking forward to it, even for a casual playthrough.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
As someone who just went through Alpha Sapphire (will have a fuller writeup posted later), I'd say it's good but suffers from Gen 6's critical issue of oozing with untapped potential. It doesn't do anything really revolutionary outside of some QoL changes, and the post-game outside of the Delta Episode (which is pretty based tbh) is as sad as usual for a Pokémon post-game. By the benchmark of HGSS I'd still call it disappointing, especially with the poor excuses given for not bringing back the Battle Frontier.

BDSM BDSP for me depends on what's found Day 1, but as of right now I think it's a bit of a Monkey's Paw situation where fans continually voiced fear of changes in a Sinnoh remake, so Game Freak outsourced it to another studio with explicit directions to change as little as possible. All in all I'm not particularly looking forward to it, even for a casual playthrough.
Ehhh, I mean that’s understandable. If you’re not interested in paying 60 bucks for the same ol same ol, that’s fine. But when I look at it I get warped back to playing my light blue DSi on the couch in 2011, so I’m gonna pick it up.

Honestly though if this was the only game, I’d have a way different attitude. I view it as a cute little time waster until Legends drops, to really get me on that Sinnoh mood. I understand not everyone views it that way though.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Ehhh, I mean that’s understandable. If you’re not interested in paying 60 bucks for the same ol same ol, that’s fine. But when I look at it I get warped back to playing my light blue DSi on the couch in 2011, so I’m gonna pick it up.

Honestly though if this was the only game, I’d have a way different attitude. I view it as a cute little time waster until Legends drops, to really get me on that Sinnoh mood. I understand not everyone views it that way though.
See, I'd agree if it weren't $60. For the package you're getting I'd say it's more like $40. Otherwise I can just wait for Legends Arceus and do a casual playthrough of that instead, you feel?

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
See, I'd agree if it weren't $60. For the package you're getting I'd say it's more like $40. Otherwise I can just wait for Legends Arceus and do a casual playthrough of that, you feel?
No I agree, I think 60 is a little much for what it is. Even 50 would be preferable. But it is what it is.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Anyways like I said I finished up the Alpha Sapphire portion of my Generations Banlocke. As usual, here's the final run summary:

Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 1.25.57 PM.png

Overall it was a pretty easy run up until Steven. For whatever reason that fight is just such a significant difficulty spike in an otherwise not difficult game. I'll admit my planning was...subpar and got derailed almost immediately, but thankfully I managed to pull through. It ultimately came down to a clutch tank from Gebo the Beheeyem, who took a Giga Impact from Mega Metagross, which gave Uno Reverse the chance to switch in and counter it.

I left the Steven fight with Mai, Gebo, and Uno Reverse alive, which would've been great if I didn't have to fight May with Mega Sceptile afterwards. Mega Sceptile has super-effective coverage against the rest of my team, and could game end me easily after beating the champion. I was sweating hard, but then GEBO THE BEHEEYEM SAVED THE RUN

The fight actually started with Mai vs. Magcargo (I had to waste three turns for //Pos to die again), which ended exactly how you think it would. Mai then tanked a Thunderbolt from Raichu and killed it with Aqua Tail. Then comes in Wailord. I take the opportunity to bring in Gebo, who can setup in its face and stay healthy with Recover. After stalling it out of Heavy Slam, it's strongest physical move, it starts going for weak Ice Beam and Surf, so I take it out. In comes Swellow, WHO FAST U-TURNS INTO SCEPTILE. I guess it saw the super-effective damage or Sceptile's super-effective damage or something, but because of that Gebo was able to one shot the Sceptile without it even getting the chance to mega evolve. Swellow fell easily afterwards, and Gebo quite literally saved the run.

I originally chose him solely to set up a cross-generation dupes (if I can ban Minior in Sun I can get guaranteed Beldum in Ultra Sun, which is a big deal since I'm stacking up on OU and Ubers for Rainbow Rocket), but if it weren't for him we were looking at someone dying to get Uno Reverse in safely–and even then a critical hit could've ended her no shot. It was such a monumental moment that I've immortalized it in picture form:

lowlmvbx84041.jpg

Otherwise the Delta Episode went along easy enough. I picked Nosey Jones to set up another cross-generation dupes (for Honedge in Ultra Sun–I'm allowing Island Scan once per each island) but she put in work against final Zinnia. POGSEALIO did a good job vs. Zinnia and Wallace, and Lilo...certainly helped.

Up next is Sun. I'm not as enthusiastic about starting it since it's a much longer game than XY or ORAS, so I can't just blaze through it in 2-3 days like I have the former two. It's also the last game before Ultra Sun, so I have to be very careful with the final team to ensure Ultra Sun goes as smooth as possible.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Anyways like I said I finished up the Alpha Sapphire portion of my Generations Banlocke. As usual, here's the final run summary:

View attachment 336472

Overall it was a pretty easy run up until Steven. For whatever reason that fight is just such a significant difficulty spike in an otherwise not difficult game. I'll admit my planning was...subpar and got derailed almost immediately, but thankfully I managed to pull through. It ultimately came down to a clutch tank from Gebo the Beheeyem, who took a Giga Impact from Mega Metagross, which gave Uno Reverse the chance to switch in and counter it.

I left the Steven fight with Mai, Gebo, and Uno Reverse alive, which would've been great if I didn't have to fight May with Mega Sceptile afterwards. Mega Sceptile has super-effective coverage against the rest of my team, and could game end me easily after beating the champion. I was sweating hard, but then GEBO THE BEHEEYEM SAVED THE RUN

The fight actually started with Mai vs. Magcargo (I had to waste three turns for //Pos to die again), which ended exactly how you think it would. Mai then tanked a Thunderbolt from Raichu and killed it with Aqua Tail. Then comes in Wailord. I take the opportunity to bring in Gebo, who can setup in its face and stay healthy with Recover. After stalling it out of Heavy Slam, it's strongest physical move, it starts going for weak Ice Beam and Surf, so I take it out. In comes Swellow, WHO FAST U-TURNS INTO SCEPTILE. I guess it saw the super-effective damage or Sceptile's super-effective damage or something, but because of that Gebo was able to one shot the Sceptile without it even getting the chance to mega evolve. Swellow fell easily afterwards, and Gebo quite literally saved the run.

I originally chose him solely to set up a cross-generation dupes (if I can ban Minior in Sun I can get guaranteed Beldum in Ultra Sun, which is a big deal since I'm stacking up on OU and Ubers for Rainbow Rocket), but if it weren't for him we were looking at someone dying to get Uno Reverse in safely–and even then a critical hit could've ended her no shot. It was such a monumental moment that I've immortalized it in picture form:

Otherwise the Delta Episode went along easy enough. I picked Nosey Jones to set up another cross-generation dupes (for Honedge in Ultra Sun–I'm allowing Island Scan once per each island) but she put in work against final Zinnia. POGSEALIO did a good job vs. Zinnia and Wallace, and Lilo...certainly helped.

Up next is Sun. I'm not as enthusiastic about starting it since it's a much longer game than XY or ORAS, so I can't just blaze through it in 2-3 days like I have the former two. It's also the last game before Ultra Sun, so I have to be very careful with the final team to ensure Ultra Sun goes as smooth as possible.
What's a banlocke?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom