• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I've seen the first half of Young Justice season 3, but I never got around to the second. Since the fourth season just came out, I need to get around to continuing it. I've actually been watching Primal lately.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Some of the games I wanted to play (including P4G) have been ported to other systems already

but for others… I REALLY don’t wanna have to say the E word but… Vita needs a working E word.
Still a number of great games on there like Killzone Mercenary, Freedom Wars, Soul Sacrifice and Uncharted: Golden Abyss (which really should be redone for PS5 with a hint to a certain part in 4) that were great on there.

Really owe to the Vita. There are so many games on it that would find a much better home on the Switch like Zero Escape Trilogy, Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 1-3 and anything from Vanillaware. Still waiting on all those to come man.

osby

Smash Obsessed
The PSP version is available on the psn store on vita via backwards compatibility. And nah, I wanna use the vita.

Btw, Will i miss any of the story in 3 if I go with the female protagonist option?
You'll miss the FES-exclusive epilogue, The Answer but that's a bit of a pain to play so you can just watch the cutscenes from Youtube.

Other than that, both routes have the same plot. If anything, the female protagonist has better Social Links and gives you more insight on some story-important characters.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Don't know if this has been posted or not but this hits a bit:

“I need to think whether I must release a Smash game or not, even if I have to do something that would disappoint users.”

I'm in the boat where the series should be left to history. For once let a high standard series go in peace instead of milking it. If Smash Bros come back, make it as the next evolution of Mario Kart, blend the two or something.

Just hate this thirst for the series personally. The man is hounded too much by some who really need to reflect on themselves.

Another reason why Smash Bros can end.

Let's have a Sakurai documentary on his cats instead.
It’s way too soon to seriously discuss it, but IMO Smash doesn’t need to end, there’s always room for new ideas.

If Sakurai doesn’t make the next one, then hand it off to someone new.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Using a webpage blocker to keep myself off of Reddit and Twitter. As much as I love seeing fan art for the fandoms I'm in it's just not worth to toll it takes on my mental health.

It really sucks when you love a show or game but aren't able to click with the larger fandom. :/ At least I'm able to feel fairly at home in this tiny little thread.

Dutch Raikuna

It’s way too soon to seriously discuss it, but IMO Smash doesn’t need to end, there’s always room for new ideas.

If Sakurai doesn’t make the next one, then hand it off to someone new.
Then I'm probably in the minority then.

I love Smash Bros to pieces don't get me wrong but I just think at least needs a long dormancy or even just a finish of the series.

It's mostly because I want Sakurai to do stuff like his gaming essays of various stuff (I've said it before but I love his writeup of Horizon Zero Dawn and Breath of the Wild together to pieces and the comparison) without some Joe "the angry anon twitter ****" McDonald and his 10,000 legion of clones shouting "SMASH CONFIRMED!"

Like the just used the same amount of energy to take a truck sized dump at the nearest Wendys to shout on social media. Just let the man rest and do his own thing without people like that around.

Using a webpage blocker to keep myself off of Reddit and Twitter. As much as I love seeing fan art for the fandoms I'm in it's just not worth to toll it takes on my mental health.

It really sucks when you love a show or game but aren't able to click with the larger fandom. :/ At least I'm able to feel fairly at home in this tiny little thread.
I've found someone else who uses it as well.

I've been doing that alot recently for sites like Twitter, YouTube and all the news sites. One of the most useful things ever on the net.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I've found someone else who uses it as well.

I've been doing that alot recently for sites like Twitter, YouTube and all the news sites. One of the most useful things ever on the net.
Back when this thread had more drama a little more frequently, I would sometimes use the browser blocker when I wanted to go onto mental health hiatuses.

It still might be good for me to take an occasional haitus from this website every now and then anyway though, since I get a small boost in productivity when I do.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Keef is a real one

I disagree because Makoto isnt Yusuke, Ryuji or Akechi or Maruki. But every character is better than the girl whose name I already forgot, kasumi or something

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
If Sakurai wants to direct the next smash I say let him. If it’s what he wants. No ones forcing him to do this, I’m sure if he really wanted to he’d just say “nah bro, I’m good. Lemme go revive Ice Climbers.” And Nintendo would get someone else to direct it.

Also, the next smash isn’t for another five/six years. So we don’t even gotta worry about it yet lol

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I disagree because Makoto isnt Yusuke, Ryuji or Akechi or Maruki. But every character is better than the girl whose name I already forgot, kasumi or something
Sumire, tho Kasumi is a pretty heroic character as well
If Sakurai wants to direct the next smash I say let him. If it’s what he wants. No ones forcing him to do this, I’m sure if he really wanted to he’d just say “nah bro, I’m good. Lemme go revive Ice Climbers.” And Nintendo would get someone else to direct it.

Also, the next smash isn’t for another five/six years. So we don’t even gotta worry about it yet lol
I’m forcing his ass to get some real sleeps in

osby

Smash Obsessed
As an animal lover, I like both dogs and cats, but I feel more at home with cats. They're more cool and collected and idk, something about their curiosity and clumsiness and stuff makes them extremely relatable
You also gotta appreciate how cats have zero ****s to give at any given time of the day.

This war between dogs and cats must end. They are both good bois worthy of love.

Neither are as good as dragons tho
Cats are basically modern-day dragons, anyway.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
In regards to that Sakurai article, there is one thing that sticks out to me.

At one point, he says that they already tried to make a Smash game without Sakurai at the helm and it didn't work out (For reasons unstated). This raises my eyebrow because I had the mentality that they could always replace Sakurai, even if that's a difficult task. But this makes me think. Perhaps they had someone in mind but their vision was way out there. Maybe Sakurai is just looking out for someone whom he can trust to direct Smash. The way that Sakurai talks suggests that he is as lost as we are. Which is understandable because making any followup to Ultimate is a herculean task.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
In regards to that Sakurai article, there is one thing that sticks out to me.

At one point, he says that they already tried to make a Smash game without Sakurai at the helm and it didn't work out (For reasons unstated). This raises my eyebrow because I had the mentality that they could always replace Sakurai, even if that's a difficult task. But this makes me think. Perhaps they had someone in mind but their vision was way out there. Maybe Sakurai is just looking out for someone whom he can trust to direct Smash. The way that Sakurai talks suggests that he is as lost as we are. Which is understandable because making any followup to Ultimate is a herculean task.
I think the attempt at a Sakurailess Smash was when the Wii's installment was just gonna be Melee with online. Literally the exact same game but with an extra way to play with people. No newcomers, presumably the same balance as the PAL version, etc.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You'll miss the FES-exclusive epilogue, The Answer but that's a bit of a pain to play so you can just watch the cutscenes from Youtube.

Other than that, both routes have the same plot. If anything, the female protagonist has better Social Links and gives you more insight on some story-important characters.
Would be really nice if they rereleased portable with the FES add on. But ok. Cutscenes on YouTube are fine

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Dog person here.

I don't mind cats as I love all animals but I've never just been attached to them as much as I have with dogs. Dogs are loyal, who you can trust and never betray you unlike people.

Without dogs, we wouldn't be where we are now. You'd be surprised how much they helped play a part in shaping civilization as it is now.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Dog person here.

I don't mind cats as I love all animals but I've never just been attached to them as much as I have with dogs. Dogs a loyal, who you can trust and never betray you unlike people.

Without dogs, we wouldn't be where we are now. You'd be surprised how much they helped play a part in shaping civilization as it is now.
I remember reading about the Pug who issued the emancipation proclamation.

Dutch Raikuna

I've already said about dogs. I'd prefer to save lives of dogs over humans. I probably won't ever cry at the death of a person as much as my dog in my life. I love them all except for a few.

Playing with a dog is more fun.

That being said, I wouldn't mind getting a cat at some point.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Would be really nice if they rereleased portable with the FES add on. But ok. Cutscenes on YouTube are fine
Yeah, I wouldn't mind P3 having a definite version like... literally all the other Persona games lol.

Dog person here.

I don't mind cats as I love all animals but I've never just been attached to them as much as I have with dogs. Dogs a loyal, who you can trust and never betray you unlike people.

I mean, humans used selectively breeding on dogs until it was super effective.

Cats just looked at us and went "these overgrown cats are too dumb to hunt for themselves, we should teach them how it's done"

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
To be fair, we know the Leigon of Superheroes were watching them, so for all we know Connor could've been saved. Otherwise, should've been Gar.
Gar dying would’ve been just as bad tbh, since no matter what Megan is going to be beyond traumatized and depressed and all that.…tho since we’re already moving on to the next arc for the season
Imagine not owning a raccoon.
Rocket finna shoot you up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom