• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Using a webpage blocker to keep myself off of Reddit and Twitter. As much as I love seeing fan art for the fandoms I'm in it's just not worth to toll it takes on my mental health.

It really sucks when you love a show or game but aren't able to click with the larger fandom. :/ At least I'm able to feel fairly at home in this tiny little thread.
Been wondering if I should use something like this one day.

Admitelly, while I still love some games/show/etc.., there are some fandoms/website attached to them that I rather avoid when i'm not feeling well.

'cuz I know I can say some really dumb **** when my 3 brain cells aren't fully connected haha, or when I feel really strong emotions on the moment or the like.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Getting a cat to like me is like the best feeling ever. It's like a cheat code for serotonin

I love dogs almost as much as cats because they're just as adorable (though in different ways) but my first dog experience wasn't great and I still get really frightened whenever they bark at me
#masterchief4Smash is trending on Twitter

Some things never change, do they?
Smash twitter is lucky I'm not on Twitter cause I would bonk them right now

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

osby

Smash Obsessed
In other words, Famitsu gave SMT V a 36/40 score, which is around Nocturne and IV.

Obviously, number scores don't mean much but the detailed review gets into more detail and it sounds like a solid experience overall.

Nintendo twitter has three moods:
  1. Beg for character in Smash
  2. Beg for Switch port
  3. Complain about Pokemon
They're not gonna change just because Smash is over now.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
**** it.

I'm gonna take a break for a few hours from here. Few things online is annoying me.

Been wondering if I should use something like this one day.

Admitelly, while I still love some games/show/etc.., there are some fandoms/website attached to them that I rather avoid when i'm not feeling well.

'cuz I know I can say some really dumb **** when my 3 brain cells aren't fully connected haha, or when I feel really strong emotions on the moment or the like.
Get StayFocused. It's a free Chrome add-on to block sites for a number of hours.

I found it pretty good to use.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
In regards to that Sakurai article, there is one thing that sticks out to me.

At one point, he says that they already tried to make a Smash game without Sakurai at the helm and it didn't work out (For reasons unstated). This raises my eyebrow because I had the mentality that they could always replace Sakurai, even if that's a difficult task. But this makes me think. Perhaps they had someone in mind but their vision was way out there. Maybe Sakurai is just looking out for someone whom he can trust to direct Smash. The way that Sakurai talks suggests that he is as lost as we are. Which is understandable because making any followup to Ultimate is a herculean task.
I have so much to say about this but y’all will just yell at me if I do.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
In other words, Famitsu gave SMT V a 36/40 score, which is around Nocturne and IV.

Obviously, number scores don't mean much but the detailed review gets into more detail and it sounds like a solid experience overall.

Nintendo twitter has three moods:
  1. Beg for character in Smash
  2. Beg for Switch port
  3. Complain about Pokemon
They're not gonna change just because Smash is over now.
Honestly good for them. Let them make their opinions known, even if having them annoys some people.

And looking forward to SMTV later. Looks cool.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Honestly good for them. Let them make their opinions known, even if having them annoys some people.

And looking forward to SMTV later. Looks cool.
Having an opinion doesn't mean it's a good one, though.

Likewise, spamming stuff online doesn't mean you're reaching relevant people.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

I found the source.
It was bait... I think?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Current ranking of my favorite films of this year.

1. Godzilla vs. Kong
2. Nobody/The Suicide Squad
3. The Mitchells vs. The Machines
4. Straight Outta Nowhere: Scooby-Doo Meets Courage the Cowardly Dog
5. Free Guy
6. Willy's Wonderland
7. Mortal Kombat Legends: Battle of the Realms
8. A Quiet Place Part II
9. The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard
10. Antlers
11. Wrath of Man

Honorable Mentions: Boss Level, Copshop, The Last Duel, The Tomorrow War

This list could change at the end of this year.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Having an opinion doesn't mean it's a good one, though.

Likewise, spamming stuff online doesn't mean you're reaching relevant people.
And yet, does it actually hurt anyone? It makes them feel like they’re doing something when they can’t which is better then just letting it fester imo.

Also, any opinion is valid as long as it doesn’t infringe on basic human rights.

osby

Smash Obsessed
And yet, does it actually hurt anyone? It makes them feel like they’re doing something when they can’t which is better then just letting it fester imo.

Also, any opinion is valid as long as it doesn’t infringe on basic human rights.
I mean, there's that one guy with Goomba avatar spamming ATLUS West Twitter for a P5 Switch port for two years straight now.

It doesn't hurt anyone but I have a hard time calling it a valid expression of his opinions and regardless of how he feels, it doesn't do anything.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean, there's that one guy with Goomba avatar spamming ATLUS West Twitter for a P5 Switch port for two years straight now.

It doesn't hurt anyone but I have a hard time calling it a valid expression of his opinions and regardless of how he feels, it doesn't do anything.
So? Be like water. Let it wash over you. It doesn’t hurt anyone but him. So let him be.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
If I'm still on this site 10 years later, then it's either for me being successful with my degree and coming back for an AMA, or I failed in life and am now a 29 year old loser with no life skills.

Yeah, that's right. No in between, that's how life works.
I don't know if I'll come back for the next Smash game, but if I do expect advanced Daybreak speculation because I'll have a professional degree lol.

Actually I'd probably take a step back for Speculation, if only because I recognize the scale of it all and that, at the end of the day, there are far better things to do than argue over funny character fighting game, or most games in general.

Also, there's simply no way for me to top the Tinfoil Hat Theory, which was nearly 100% correct on how Sora got into Smash. Let it be known I called that **** in 2019, almost 2 years before Sora's official reveal.

I honestly still can't believe I got a read that good LMAO.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
If I'm still on this site 10 years later, then it's either for me being successful with my degree and coming back for an AMA, or I failed in life and am now a 29 year old loser with no life skills.

Yeah, that's right. No in between, that's how life works.
If I’m still on this site in ten years it’ll be because I’ve still got a lot of free time.

Wether that’s a good or bad thing remains to be seen.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I don't know if I'll come back for the next Smash game, but if I do expect advanced Daybreak speculation because I'll have a professional degree lol.

Actually I'd probably take a step back for Speculation, if only because I recognize the scale of it all and that, at the end of the day, there are far better things to do than argue over funny character fighting game, or most games in general.

Also, there's simply no way for me to top the Tinfoil Hat Theory, which was nearly 100% correct on how Sora got into Smash. Let it be known I called that **** in 2019, almost 2 years before Sora's official reveal.

I honestly still can't believe I got a read that good LMAO.
In all seriousness, whenever the next Smash game hits I'll probably be significantly less active if I'm even here at all.
If I’m still on this site in ten years it’ll be because I’ve still got a lot of free time.

In this economy?

Uh maybe good, maybe bad?

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Knowing me I'll probably vanish from this site for a few years and then come back in the 10 year anniversary of my account

Actually my first account's (that is now gone) 10 year anniversary will be in 4 years and I uh... don't know how to feel about that.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

If I'm still on this site in ten years I'll lowkey be surprised that this site lasted to 2031 lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom