• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Playing kingdom hearts. In the tutorial. And like. I don’t know much about Disney. But I do know. CINDERELLA IS NOT A BRUNETTE!
The consistency of Cinderella's hair color is weird.

Like in modern stuff, Disney seems to depict her as pure blonde, but in the original movie and older merch and stuff, she's more of a strawberry blonde.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Well in the stained glass window in this game her hair is straight up brown.
I assume it’s either a coloring/lighting error or it was colored that way to better match the stained glass because slight spoilers she does make her in-game appearance later on and her hair is blonde

dezeray112

Smash Hero
New Killer Instinct plz
Speaking of Killer Instinct, there has been a new rumour circulating around:

I'm personally hoping for a new entry for the long-awaited Darkstalkers franchise.

It's not so much the movie. Just wished they could have made a prequel game instead.

This just feels forced. And no matter what people say, they will never be Nate and Sully.

If they had to make it live action, it should have been in the same universe.
Fair points.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Aw man I ready shiny hunted Zorua once and now you're telling me I'll have to do it again?

But seriously though normal/ghost is such a good type combo. If this was a traditional Pokemon game I'd expect this Zoroark form to do pretty well in competitive, but even outside of competitive it seems like a good team adition.

Classic Dark Zoroark will always be my favorite though.
You know how despite having a potato as an avatar, I don't like potatoes?

What if Ramen hated ramen all along?
What if I disliked Big Macs?

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also Hisuian Zoura and Zoroark confirm the Chinese Riddler is right yet again.

We don’t have a full picture on the meaning of all his other riddles. But we do know one of them for sure and it’s:

a steel dunsparce, which also kinda of backs up the ball guy leaks.

I hope if true, we get the long overdue Dunsparce evolution.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
You know how despite having a potato as an avatar, I don't like potatoes?

What if Ramen hated ramen all along?
I've never had proper ramen

The closest I've had is the Maruchan stuff, which is... good, but there's no way I'm eating that stuff regularly lol.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

osby

Smash Obsessed

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It also didn't occur to me as well.

They may very well use his son Skaar who during Hulk's time between AoU and Thor: Ragnarok on Sakaar may have been unknowingly cloned or impregnated Caiea.

That or its a prequel again set between AoU and Thor: Ragnarok.
Uh, you might want to consider your wording in that.
It's been over two years since Endgame came out. Not really a spoiler anymore...

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It also didn't occur to me as well.

They may very well use his son Skaar who during Hulk's time between AoU and Thor: Ragnarok on Sakaar may have been unknowingly cloned or impregnated Caiea.

That or its a prequel again set between AoU and Thor: Ragnarok.

You realize its been over two years now right? Not really a spoiler anymore.
-tell me you haven’t seen Shang chi without telling me you haven’t seen Shang chi

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Which is odd since it was already kinda done in Thor: Ragnarok and the fact Bruce is now Professor Hulk permanently crippled.
If the article's any indication, they could just be using the name - the second Avengers movie was called "Age of Ultron", but the premise wasn't based on that comic story arc. (besides, it could introduce the Hulk's regenerative abilities, or amp them up to Immortal Hulk levels, through some plot device, if they need to heal Bruce's/the Hulk's arm)

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
The Husian Forms of Zorua and Zoroark are really good. The designs are pretty nice and it's great to finally have a Normal/Ghost Type Pokemon in the game. I look forward to seeing how they'll adapt the Illusion theme to the ghost elements as based on that shadow that attacked the man it seems it'll be present to some extent.

New episode of Pokémon Evolutions out:
Definitely a step up from last week's episode. It breaks away from the past three's reliance on flashbacks and instead has the events play out through Ghetsis' perspective, and I felt that was a better direction here. We also got to see him meet N for the first time along with N's fight with Alder, and the latter in particular being a good scene as you can see how desperate Alder is in trying to convince and defeat N while N's world is starting to unravel which is showcased by his cube breaking. I do wish we saw a bit more of N so that we got more of a look into him breaking away from his ideals, but considering the run time I can see why they couldn't.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Anyway, Legends Arceus 100 percent involves time travel. The guy in this reveal video mentions he’s recording video on this strange device.

Meaning they don’t have that technology in this time period normally. Which also explains the galaxy guild. I’m pretty confident it’s going to be something like Cyrus sends the player back or something like that.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Anyway, Legends Arceus 100 percent involves time travel. The guy in this reveal video mentions he’s recording video on this strange device.

Meaning they don’t have that technology in this time period normally. Which also explains the galaxy guild. I’m pretty confident it’s going to be something like Cyrus sends the player back or something like that.
Alternate timeline where Team Galactic actually reset the universe but there's still fragments of the present left behind?

Or could they pull a Sonic Mania/Forces where BDSP actually connects with Legends and isn't revealed until the end?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Is Kingdom Hearts: The Story so Far the best collection with all the games?

I’m gonna try and pick up a PS4 when I get back home, and it’s about time I played KH.

MooMew64 MooMew64

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Alternate timeline where Team Galactic actually reset the universe but there's still fragments of the present left behind?

Or could they pull a Sonic Mania/Forces where BDSP actually connects with Legends and isn't revealed until the end?
One of these two would definitely make a lot of sense. Honestly both could be the case Cyrus has a plan that could branch him into a different timeline. Maybe a post game event where we learn Team Galactic succeed to some extent. It makes a lot of sense for them to be connected though since they are set in the same universe.

Plus the trailer today kinda implies they already are by saying this footage is from the Canalave city library. Something that the original games wouldn’t have in their universe

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Is Kingdom Hearts: The Story so Far the best collection with all the games?

I’m gonna try and pick up a PS4 when I get back home, and it’s about time I played KH.

MooMew64 MooMew64
Yes, that’s the best way to play ‘em on console. Only thing I can’t remember is if it contains Dream Drop Distance or not, but otherwise, that’s definitely what you want.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
One of these two would definitely make a lot of sense. Honestly both could be the case Cyrus has a plan that could branch him into a different timeline. Maybe a post game event where we learn Team Galactic succeed to some extent. It makes a lot of sense for them to be connected though since they are set in the same universe.

Plus the trailer today kinda implies they already are by saying this footage is from the Canalave city library. Something that the original games wouldn’t have in their universe
Tfw the Diamond and Pearl remakes are quite literal in universe remakes

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Aw man I ready shiny hunted Zorua once and now you're telling me I'll have to do it again?

But seriously though normal/ghost is such a good type combo. If this was a traditional Pokemon game I'd expect this Zoroark form to do pretty well in competitive, but even outside of competitive it seems like a good team adition.

Classic Dark Zoroark will always be my favorite though.

What if I disliked Big Macs?
What if I wasn't made of Metal?

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Just coming out of the trainwreck that was SwSh, I'm afraid to be optimistic about Legends Arceus...
But it really does look like TPC is actually giving Game Freak - who aren't bad devs! - the time they need to make something good this time around.
We very well might end up with a quality game here! My fingers are crossed that me and my fellow doubters are thoroughly egged.
Hisuian Zorua looks great, too. Normal/Ghost sounds interesting!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom