• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
What is MatPat on lmao?
There was a problem fetching the tweet
That's just MatPat being MatPat as far as I'm concerned.

At this point I think he's just throwing **** at the wall for views instead of taking everything seriously like he seemed to in the past. This take is about as strong as thinking Hugh from Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 is a parallel for societal racism in America.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I think the moment I stopped taking MatPat seriously was when he seriously suggested that Mario is evil

But I genuinely can't tell if his content is supposed to be ironic or if he's just a crackhead

Noipoi

Howdy!
I think he’s just playing the YouTube game.

For as much **** as Sans is Ness got, it sure pulled in the views. He probably decides to make a crackpot theory every few months to get people talking, before going back to his usual FNAF stuff.

If this is the case, I don’t even blame him. YouTube is tough to make a living off of, and dude’s got a kid to feed.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Ain't you black tho? Gotta imagine it'd look p.bad on the staff to crack down on a black dude making black jokes.
Yes, but in all fairness, they don't have definitive proof. I never posted a pic of me before, the closest was a pic of my hand, which can easily be photoshopped or something. If I was a mod, I'd be a little wary, because catfished are real in this online world. But if they were to question it would look ****ing awful on their part.

I swear to God if this causes them to start cracking down

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Why compare 2 king/queens against each other?
cause Fire Emblem
Idk PJiggles which moment of saying the N-Word was the worst?/s

Also, holy hell people still aren't over Fire Emblem?
it’s something that’ll never end unless Smash takes some of them out
Look at any social media, even the newcomer thread

This community will never be over Fire Emblem
N E V E R
They're mad that Byleth was a better addition than Geno, and they can't admit that 😤😤😤
Piranha Plant somehow wasn’t enough salt in their wounds, so they brought in the waifu and husbando teachers to finish the job
I guess "I'm desperate for attention, please give me some" wouldn't work as a poll.
that would’ve made things too obvious for the clout givers
It's kinda funny to me that Smash fans don't ever stop complaining about Fire Emblem because the only FE related Smash announcement I ever got mad about was Robin and Lucina and then I played Awakening and saw the error of my ways

Also Corrin is the worse character because Byleth comes from a good game
Forrin gets a benefit for her trailer having the whole “big bro just became big sis” line, which stupidly makes me laugh (tho so does Myleth hiring Fyleth to win in Smash)

but yeah, FE will seemingly always be one of the hottest topics in Smash

:ultbylethf:>:ultcorrinf:>>:ultbyleth:>>>>>>>:ultcorrin:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Forrin gets a benefit for her trailer having the whole “big bro just became big sis” line, which stupidly makes me laugh (tho so does Myleth hiring Fyleth to win in Smash)
"So you return, and sooner than expected. I see... too many swordsmen, are there? And you, you wield the sword as well! What will you do?!"

"BECOME GIRL, LOOK AT MY MELONS"

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
"So you return, and sooner than expected. I see... too many swordsmen, are there? And you, you wield the sword as well! What will you do?!"

"BECOME GIRL, LOOK AT MY MELONS"
about those melons…ngl…modern Nintendo needs to chill with those things. All I wanted was a gaming company meant for good boys and girls

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
aye you better ignore this post or else I’ll do nothing to you

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I can't help but feel thst people collectively forgot That Sakurai had a Strict "only game character rule" for smash when it came to Sora.lol

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I can't help but feel thst people collectively forgot That Sakurai had a Strict "only game character rule" for smash when it came to Sora.lol
I really don't understand the people who think Goku is possible now because we have Sora. It's such a massive leap in logic that I can't wrap my head around

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I really don't understand the people who think Goku is possible now because we have Sora. It's such a massive leap in logic that I can't wrap my head around
And How people think no Mickey, Donald and Goofy was a Disney thing, when it's More likely That it was Sakurai and Co sticking to His principles

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I just made a pretty long writeup about why I added the characters I did to my dream roster.
Decided to update my roster a little bit. Here's a mockup I made with the roster maker
View attachment 334888

New characters:
  1. Decidueye (Pokémon) - This is a purely personal choice. Decidueye's been my most wanted Smash fighter since I beat Pokémon Sun for the first time, which was before Ultimate was even announced. It's my third favorite Pokémon of all time. They were even considered by Sakurai as the Gen 7 rep, but Incineroar was picked over them. (which upsets me as I was this close to having my most wanted in the game - if Ultimate's roster had Decidueye instead of Incineroar it would've been perfect in my opinion, but I'm not petty enough to remove Incineroar just because I don't like them) I believe Decidueye would've made for a more unique fighter by having a bigger focus on projectiles, which is why I included them - a roster with Decidueye is one I'd personally have no complaints about, "too many Pokémon" be damned.
  2. Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney) - Ace Attorney is my personal favorite video game series of all time (I like Pokémon as a world more overall but Ace Attorney games utilize their potential much better), so it would be amazing if it was included in Smash in some form. I'm surprised Phoenix didn't even get a Mii costume considering pretty much every other Capcom series got something. Phoenix would be an unconventional fighter with exaggerated animations that relies on evidence, similarly to his MvC playstyle, albeit handled very differently - no Maya for one, and no "modes" either. That isn't to say Phoenix wouldn't have some sort of unique mechanic, though. (I still need to figure out a playstyle but I think something similar to BrawlFan1's concept for Phoenix would work pretty well all things considered). The soundtrack alone is enough for me to want Nick as a fighter.
  3. Isaac (Golden Sun) - A beloved and yet neglected GBA classic, Golden Sun is still fondly remembered by many, including Smash fans who have been campaigning for Isaac since the Brawl days. I like Golden Sun well enough but I find the sheer love and dedication people have for it to be admirable, and for that alone would love to see Isaac get upgraded to a full fighter. Though his moveset potential is also very enticing - despite having the appearance of a swordsman, he would actually not utilize it for most of his moveset aside from a few tilts and maybe an aerial or two, as he would rely mostly on his Venus psyenergy and possibly his djinn. Also, he would bring another fantastic soundtrack with him (this is going to be a common thread among some of these fighters).
  4. Geno (Super Mario RPG) - Another long-neglected character that's been kept alive by his fans, Geno hails from the first RPG spinoff of Nintendo's flagship series. Like many others, I find Geno's backstory to be absolutely awesome, being essentially a holy spirit that possesses a child's toy (that also has a gun for a hand for some reason). Geno's abilities from SMRPG would translate really well into Smash and would be quite different compared to other arm canon wielders, and his attacks would have an extra punch if you press the button in the right time, similarly to the action commands in the Mario RPGs.
  5. Tails (Sonic) - I grew up with Mario and Sonic flash games on Newgrounds, and also watched quite a bit of Sonic X on TV. One of the main draws of Smash for me was the chance to see Mario and Sonic fight each other, but it always felt weird to me that it was just Sonic. Fast forward to 10 years later and several other third-parties have more than one character, but Sonic oddly enough is still alone. Now, I normally despise adding reps just for the sake of expanding a franchise's representation, but Sonic to me feels like an exception. I really do think it's weird that Sonic is still the sole representative of his series that has so many iconic and beloved characters. And I think the best choice for a second rep is Tails - I know Eggman is the most popular choice these days, and it was actually very tough for me to choose between them as I would love to have another iconic villain join the fray, but ultimately I chose Tails for multiple reasons - him and Sonic are usually treated as a set, he's one of the most iconic video game characters ever despite not being the main character, and he has plenty of gadgets that would differentiate him from Sonic. And on top of all that, he's been my favorite Sonic character since I was a kid, so I feel like I owe it to my younger self to add Tails to my roster.
  6. Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong) - Dixie's absence is, in my opinion, the weirdest absence from Smash Ultimate. Sakurai has gone on record saying that he wants to add more female characters, and Dixie is not just relevant and popular, but she also headlines her own DK game, a distinction that few characters in the actual roster share. We also know she was planned to be in a tag team with Diddy back in Brawl, so she's definitely on Sakurai's radar, and it's not like she'd be that difficult to add, especially with the rise of echo fighters and the addition of King K. Rool. She's essentially the only "Nintendo All-Star" to be missing from Smash IMO. I envision her being similar to Diddy, possibly a Ken-esque echo fighter, but also possibly a Lucas/Wolf style semi-clone.
  7. Rayman (<---) - While I haven't played a ton of "real" video games when I was a kid due to not owning a console, I did know of Rayman and have played a little bit of his games at friends' houses and the like, so if there was ever a third platforming pillar for me after Mario and Sonic, it's him. When I was a bit older I finally played Rayman Origins and loved it, and when the Rayman trophy was revealed for Sm4sh I realized that Rayman as a Smash fighter is a real possibility, and for a while he became my most wanted character. Nowadays he's not that high on my list (mostly due to me not having played a Rayman game in a while), but I do still want him and like Tails, I feel that I owe it to my younger self to have him on my roster. He wouldn't be hard to implement either as Origins and Legends basically gave him a full basic Smash moveset, though I do think the actual moveset should strive to be a little different from that.
  8. Dragaux (Ring Fit Adventure) - I believe there's merit in adding modern Nintendo characters to the roster. As of now, Ring Fit Adventure and Astral Chain are the two newest kids on the block, and I chose the former as the latter would likely be harder to implement based on what we know about what happened with Rex, plus I've actually played RFA so I know how a character from there would play. I chose Dragaux over Ring Fit Trainee as the latter has too much visual overlap with Wii Fit Trainer, and I believe that Dragaux would be a more unique fighter. He can theoretically use the same attacks as Ring Fit Trainee (he could even be accompanied by Ring - it would make sense due to their shared past together), but his build is signifcantly different so he'd be a heavyweight and his attacks would have an extra punch. He could also use some of the attacks from his boss fights.
  9. Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia) - Admittedly, this is one character I don't have any personal experience with (although I do own Tales of Symphonia on Steam and plan on playing it one day), but my first Smash game was Super Smash Flash, followed by Flash 2, specifically version 0.8. Almost every character that was in that version is now present in Smash (Mega Man and Sora are now real fighters, and Final Fantasy is represented despite Black Mage not being the rep). The only ones that are missing are Tails, Lloyd, and the Shonen Jump characters. Tails is already on my roster, and I'm not adding the SJ characters for obvious reasons (Plus, ironically enough, the only SJ character in Smash Flash 2 that I care about is Luffy, who was not in that version and was added way later), so I figured why not throw Lloyd into the mix as well, especially since he's also a Brawl era request like Isaac and Geno. Plus, we can't have Isaac be the only anime swordsmen fans complain about! His moveset can be ripped straight from SSF2 for all I care. (I'm sorry if it sounds like I don't care about Lloyd - I always though Lloyd was a cool character, I just don't have any personal attachment to him so I can only be so enthusiastic). Also, more music from Motoi Sakuraba is always welcome.
  10. Waluigi (Super Mario) - This is one character I have less of a personal stake in and am moreso adding because he might just be the most requested Nintendo character. I do think Waluigi is funny and could be hilarious in Smash, but I've always been more of a Wario guy. Plus I will admit that the Mario crew feels incomplete without him.
  11. Master Chief (Halo) - Another character I have less of a personal stake in, but I believe like with Ultimate, this game should also go out with a bang, and I don't think there's a better suited character for that than Master Chief. We may already have two Microsoft owned characters, but neither of them is typically associated with Xbox; Banjo is basically a Nintendo character and Minecraft is multiplat. With Master Chief, the gaming celebration would truly be complete - he's the most iconic video game character to not be in Smash yet, he would represent a major video game genre that doesn't have a playable character yet, AND he's the Xbox mascot. Since Cloud is a PlayStation icon, we would truly be able to finally settle the console wars in Smash, and I think that would be a great note to end on.
This time the spread of first and third party characters is completely even with one in-between character (Geno, who is essentially just a Nintendo character who's owned by a different company).
Here it is if by some chance you wanna check it out
*papyrus, why are you buying clothes at the soup store?
*WHAT DO YOU MEAN, YOU'RE AT SOUP?!
*i mean i'm at soup.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Not sure if this has been posted yet (and I'm linking the tweet rather than embedding it due to crude language), but Atlus seems to have leaked that Persona 5 Royal is coming to the Switch and PC.

Here's hoping that Persona 4 Golden and/or Persona 3 Portable come to the Switch as well. (my big gripe with what I've played of Persona 3 is that you can only control the main character, not any of the other party members. By my understanding, P3P fixes that problem)
To quote best boy Ryuji: "IS THIS FOR REAL?!"
(no, please let this be true...but it probably isn't...)

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I had a bizarre dream last night

I saw a former friend I hadn’t spoken to since 2014

I acknowledged how toxic she was to me, but told her I had good times as well, and finally said goodbye.

the only thing is I seem to have forgotten her name… is that a sign I’m moving on?

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
I had a bizarre dream last night

I saw a former friend I hadn’t spoken to since 2014

I acknowledged how toxic she was to me, but told her I had good times as well, and finally said goodbye.

the only thing is I seem to have forgotten her name… is that a sign I’m moving on?
It sounds like you got closure so to me at least it would seem like a good thing

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Who's the most unfun DLC character and why is it Banjo?
Uhhhhhh

Uhhhhhhhhh

I'd say Hero honestly. Something about his attacks I just don't like.

Unless we have an obscene amount of traffic, yes that is the case. We expect the traffic to drop considerably and so to have discussion constantly going on we anticipate that it’ll only be enough for a single thread. If it begins to seem like there’s room for a whole ‘nother Subforum this early though we may have to discuss where to go from there.
That's a shame really.

Think the mods should find someway to keep it active or even merge the likes the of here and Squidboards for the traffic. Make it Switchboards!

So uh. Smash is over and all.

What do we do now?
We play a game.

Smash Bros Ultimate 1 v 1 Final Destination only.

You lose and it will really become your Final Destination before your death!

evil laugh

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also people were spot on with the theory that the attack in the footage was one of Zoura’s illusions since it’s Gen 5 dex entry mentions they can make people think they are being attacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom