• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Ive settled on my main Sora alt beng Dream Drop distance Sora with Donald duck equipped.

This Smash original look for3DS Sora be looking sick.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
The biggest problems I have with complaining that "it will all go away next game" are a. it's not like all your dream characters will suddenly get in alongside everyone else, I know mine definitely won't, and b. it's not like having another game of that style means we'll get something like that every single generation. Ultimate's sheer roster size alone isn't sustainable, and when you take third-party contracts into consideration... That type of thing doesn't just happen through magic.
It's best to enjoy what we currently have while we have it and if you're like me and still have characters you wish were in, mess around with the roster maker app

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I just don’t see a point in making a smash after ultimate that doesn’t bring everyone back. Even financially. Since public opinion of a game with cuts after a game where everyone is here is going to be extremely negative and potentially lead to poor sales. It’s like doing the most amazing swan dive in the world and getting a thunderous round of applause, then being forced to do it again after they’ve drained the pool.

Then there is no reason to buy or even make any smash after Ultimate. At this point it’s either everyone or no one.
That and all future content requests like DLC/etc will literally be "Bring back cut character X"

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Ultimate is also still a pretty young game in the gramd scheme of things. Maybe its roster selection won't ever be topped, but one day the game is going to start to show its age.

10 or 15 years from now the gaming scene is probably going to look pretty different. Graphics will be improved, game design philoshophy will have evolved, and there will be hip new IPs that don't even exist yet (and possibly the revival of some older ones). Ultimate is probably impossible to top right now but that won't last forever.

The exact future of Smash is hard to say for sure. But whatever happens, I'm just glad that there will always be a reason to go back to Ultimate.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Man it's weird now looking at Smash Bros and how it relates to me.

Like this year. I've had now my most wanted game of all time (sequel to The World Ends With You) and the end of Smash Ultimate with some of my most wanted in like Pyra/Mythra, Min-Min and Sora.

Like I've hit the peak now in my dream games. Would make sense for me to not buy as much on that front but it pulls me back in. I've still a few games like GOW Ragnarok, FFXVI, 3D Kirby, Trails Localisations and Skate but nothing that would reach again the peak of those two.

Feels surreal in a way.

osby osby Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen Noipoi Noipoi Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! Lamperouge Lamperouge Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku Metal Shop X Metal Shop X Knight Dude Knight Dude

If none of you have a PS4 but own a really proper PC, I really reccomend to not miss out on this title.

Despite how different It is from the first three games I ended up loving It a lot for the characters, the breathtaking presentation and the fluid combat and open exploration.
One of the best games I've ever played. Everyone should try it at somepoint...............but didn't know you played it JD.

You done well in posting this my friend. We must preach Dad of Boi!

I just don’t see a point in making a smash after ultimate that doesn’t bring everyone back. Even financially. Since public opinion of a game with cuts after a game where everyone is here is going to be extremely negative and potentially lead to poor sales. It’s like doing the most amazing swan dive in the world and getting a thunderous round of applause, then being forced to do it again after they’ve drained the pool.

Then there is no reason to buy or even make any smash after Ultimate. At this point it’s either everyone or no one.
Honestly with this? I'd be fine with the series ending. Unlikely but it has a smooth finish more than most.

Just the fact that we know it can't be topped.

And really thinking my tastes but I think in my view I'd rather have something like BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle where it's like 4-7 series in a fighting crossover with Arc System Works making. Feels like such a bit of fresh air.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Normal people: getting excited over PS5, Xbox series or Switch OLED
Me:

Jokes aside, I'm so excited, I finally fulfilled an old dream of mine with having a complete Mega Drive with the CD and 32x add-ons. Now to hook that thing up.

Box looks like crap, but hey, it's region free and came with the game I wanted anyway, Virtua Racing, so it was totally worth it. Yes, I know Virtua Racing is also on Switch, but taking the easy way ain't any fun.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
osby osby Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen Noipoi Noipoi Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! Lamperouge Lamperouge Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku Metal Shop X Metal Shop X Knight Dude Knight Dude

If none of you have a PS4 but own a really proper PC, I really reccomend to not miss out on this title.

Despite how different It is from the first three games I ended up loving It a lot for the characters, the breathtaking presentation and the fluid combat and open exploration.
Bro what the **** I cannot comprehend this announcement. I'm planning on getting a ps5 as I already have a few ps4 games in advance but it's certainly an option if I want it before they restock the ps5

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
God of War_20210913180658.jpg

God of War_20210915185711.jpg

God of War_20210913143804.jpg

Just reposting some of the best photo shots I made to remind people how well it looked on Base PS4.

Looks amazing on PC.

People are on a treat if they haven't played it before.

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I'm so glad speculation is over.

What I started to hate about it the most is how vile people became towards other characters. Especially characters that fans wanted a second chance for (Geno, Dixie, Isaac etc)

It almost got to a point where members in this community were shaming others just for wanting a character they waited for nearly over a decade for. It makes the end of Ultimate fairly bitter seeing that most of these fandoms had to go thru so much toxicity just to support their favorite characters and communities while some from these problematic toxic communities get rewarded for their behavior and get their character in scott free.

These are just my personal takes on the past few years and I have to admit it soured the game for me a bit. I didn't feel like I enjoy Ultimate as much as I should have because of how little respect my desires for the game seemed to have received.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'm just going to enjoy what we have now, there's no guarantee that the characters i like to play will be back next game at all.

Oddly i feel were more likely to get Sora to come back than we are someone like Joker. lol (Watch me look stupid in 5 years)

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I'm so glad speculation is over.

What I started to hate about it the most is how vile people became towards other characters. Especially characters that fans wanted a second chance for (Geno, Dixie, Isaac etc)

It almost got to a point where members in this community were shaming others just for wanting a character they waited for nearly over a decade for. It makes the end of Ultimate fairly bitter seeing that most of these fandoms had to go thru so much toxicity just to support their favorite characters and communities while some from these problematic toxic communities get rewarded for their behavior and get their character in scott free.
Geno and Isaac fans are far from innocent themselves to be blunt.
The former's had this explained in depth in the speculation thread. The latter is a case of certain folk going around bashing anyone that didn't think Isaac was happening, let alone attacking people for wanting certain characters they wanted as well, just ask the guy that liked your post because he was the prime actor in that role.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Dude...

The Moorwen has got to be one of the coolest looking aliens in media!

So hyped to watching this movie tonight.

Vikings vs. an alien baby!!!!

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The former's had this explained in depth in the speculation thread. The latter is a case of certain folk going around bashing anyone that didn't think Isaac was happening, let alone attacking people for wanting certain characters they wanted as well, just ask the guy that liked your post because he was the prime actor in that role.
Can vouch for this as an Isaac fan, that thread was toxic as **** and they lowkey kinda deserved what was coming to them.

Remember the ****ing Earthquake theory?

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I don't normally tend to consider false flaggers and bad actors when I discuss this. The discussion you are referring to has only further hurt the reputation of an already vulnerable community with little to no support from anyone.

I do not follow speculation circles so I have no say or opinion on who you are referencing. I'd also refrain from making a call out post or go any further discussing another user.

Admittingly, this might actually be the worst speculation point in history of Smash Speculation.

As a Geno fan, all of our speculation points aged terribly but linking a natural disaster with a character reveal is something I'm glad we never got around to.

Still love you Isaac fans! ❤

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I'm not sure if SSGuy would know about my anger towards the hyperfocus on characters far more iconic than Isaac, even if that hyperfocus won at the end. He was mainly in the Geno thread.

Most Isaac fans thought that was stupid too, you know. And should Ridley have stayed a boss because he had more **** ish fans?

Last edited by a moderator:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Can vouch for this as an Isaac fan, that thread was toxic as **** and they lowkey kinda deserved what was coming to them.

That was just a few people as well and they were quick to disown those clowns
I only point out the attacks on other characters because it's a pretty ****ing funny lack of self awareness to like a post that (rightfully, I might add) says toxic fanbases got rewarded and that certain fanbases were subject to attack when the person in question was doing the same

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I only got two characters I want in the game. If I can handle not getting my one-and-done flavor of the month MW, 30+ year olds who were rooting for characters with that have been popular for ages certainly can too.

If not, ****ing cope

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
says toxic fanbases got rewarded when the person in question was doing the same
If what I did didn't stop toxicity, then neither did your behavior. You are far from innocent just because you weren't overly insistent on Isaac.

osby

Smash Obsessed
True. It's another reason to leave however. Smash will probably end up being that one crossover game that's basically gonna be paid promotion for whatever studio wants their characters in.

Its highly likely that we'll see Goku vs Super Man vs SpongeBob vs Mickey Mouse in Smash one day.
Uh... why?

Like, I get this is just doomposting but where does this sudden open floodgates thing come from? I thought Sora killed those arguments.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I only got two characters I want in the game. If I can handle not getting my one-and-done flavor of the month MW, 30+ year olds who were rooting for characters with that have been popular for ages certainly can too.

If not, ****ing cope
Sorry that never got Geno after he has been my single most desired character for over a decade.

But enjoy your two characters that you wanted

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Sorry that never got Geno after he has been my single most desired character for over a decade.

But enjoy your two characters that you wanted
Lol, you think your irrelevant 30 year old MW has more value than my irrelevant 6 year old MW just because he's been around longer?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Flaming

If not, ****ing cope
Yeah lol
I really only got one of my most wanted and that was 3 years ago lmao

If what I did didn't stop toxicity, then neither did your behavior. You are far from innocent just because you weren't overly insistent on Isaac.
I'm not saying I am innocent pumpkin
I'm saying you single handedly made plenty of people go on record as to saying they didn't want to see Isaac get in because of your trash behaviour, because you had to attack other characters all the time and all you do when confronted is go "Yes I'm insecure, no I won't do anything to fix my attitude"

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Lol, you think your irrelevant 30 year old MW has more value than my irrelevant 6 year old MW just because he's been around longer?
This is the kind of behavior SSGuy was talking about. If being a **** won't make people want older characters, it won't make people want newer characters either.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
The thing is that I used to have the same insecure attitude about Decidueye when Incineroar was leaked
But I was also 17 years old and ****ing stupid

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
25 years. And I don't think I ever said that. What I ask for is the same respect to speculate and desire any character I want without someone using this as ammunition against a community I am associated with.

I never claimed my favorite character deserves to be in more than yours. That alone is an absurd accusation. However the idea that these characters like Geno and Dixie are old and irrelevant are often brought into question and we sometimes don't get rhe luxury of speculation compared to others.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm just going to enjoy what we have now, there's no guarantee that the characters i like to play will be back next game at all.

Oddly i feel were more likely to get Sora to come back than we are someone like Joker. lol (Watch me look stupid in 5 years)
Idk. I have a feeling P5 is gonna be overcome like… the FF7 of the Persona series. Like, the series will go on with new protagonists and stories but 5 is going to be the super marketed iconic one that everyone thinks of first.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Idk. I have a feeling P5 is gonna be overcome like… the FF7 of the Persona series. Like, the series will go on with new protagonists and stories but 5 is going to be the super marketed iconic one that everyone thinks of first.
I agree that P5 is hard to top but every entry in the series after the first Persona became bigger than the first one. I wouldn't be surprised if Persona 6 surpassed all the previous ones, especially considering that it'll have the same director with Royal and Royal was GOAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom