• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Y'all are too old to be like acting like this.

It's a video game. If you put that much chips into speculation, go outside.
Dude, this is a forum for a specific subject. They always attract people extremely passionate about that subject, not just casual fans.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Idk. I have a feeling P5 is gonna be overcome like… the FF7 of the Persona series. Like, the series will go on with new protagonists and stories but 5 is going to be the super marketed iconic one that everyone thinks of first.
It's wild that Persona 5 really only has that claim to fame because it actually released on a modern system that plenty of people own instead of an old system and a dead handheld because Atlus went in real hard with Persona 4.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
For the record I do think old fan favorites have their merits. My favorite newcomer for this game was King K. Rool and I do want both Isaac and Geno.

I mostly just take issue with the fact that some people act like newer characters don't have merit and I don't want old fan favorites to be the only newcomers as it would make the roster feel samey and outdated

Also I'm tired and grumpy

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Dude, this is a forum for a specific subject. They always attract people extremely passionate about that subject, not just casual fans.
Ok? I was hella passionate about some characters getting in the game, and yet I don't throw hissy fits when things don't go my way, because that ain't healthy. It's a video game, why would I dedicate my life to pixels and code that I have little to no input in?

osby

Smash Obsessed
It's wild that Persona 5 really only has that claim to fame because it actually released on a modern system that plenty of people own instead of an old system and a dead handheld because Atlus went in real hard with Persona 4.
Persona 4 is weird because it's basically a rom hack of P3 and almost killed the series, lmao.

Still an amazing game.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I hate this whole "it would be outdated" thing that's been popping up lately, because Brawl wasn't hated for its lack of notable Wii representation outside of Twlight Princess.

And just because I was too focused on Isaac doesn't mean I solely want the Grinch Gang. But my reason for want characters outside that leak is more "it would be cool" than worrying about the roster being "outdated".

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I agree that P5 is hard to top but every entry in the series after the first Persona became bigger than the first one. I wouldn't be surprised if Persona 6 surpassed all the previous ones, especially considering that it'll have the same director with Royal and Royal was GOAT.
I’m not saying quality of game. Lots of people would say ff10 is a way better game then ff7. But Cloud is still way more iconic then Tidus, ya get me?

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I hate this whole "it would be outdated" thing that's been popping up lately, because Brawl wasn't hated for its lack of notable Wii representation outside of Twlight Princess.

And just because I was too focused on Isaac doesn't mean I solely want the Grinch Gang. But my reason for want characters outside that leak is more "it would be cool" than worrying about the roster being "outdated".
I've been saying this since base game when people said we weren't gonna get a Gen 7 Pokémon.

Granted I do think characters should get in on their own merits but I also think modern characters shouldn't be overlooked.

It's why I think the DLC "shill picks" were good additions to the game even if I don't give a rat's ass about ARMS

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Whatever the next Smash game is, can we just get that item back? Please?

It was like one of the best new item Brawl got, some guess it got cut because it might have required more animation to be implemented for each characters using it, but whatever the hell it might be, just gimmie back that good ole ****. Pretty, pretty please.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

It was like one of the best new item Brawl got, some guess it got cut because it might have required more animation to be implemented for each characters using it, but whatever the hell it might be, just gimmie back that good ole ****. Pretty, pretty please.
They cut this item for the Gust Bellows.

Sick world

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

I honestly forgot that existed. Would be nice to see it back. Isn't it the only Brawl item cut from 4?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Smash’s future is an uncertain dark void. We can play around in that void all we like. But eventually we will reach our destination. We cannot stay at this moment forever. As much as we may want to. And that uncertainty, weather the future is pleasant or poor, bothers me.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I honestly forgot that existed. Would be nice to see it back. Isn't it the only Brawl item cut from 4?
Not sure if they were more items cut, but it's a dang shame that one got left behind.

If the next Smash as lots of cuts character wise, I hope they can make it up in other aspects.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Smash’s future is an uncertain dark void. We can play around in that void all we like. But eventually we will reach our destination. We cannot stay at this moment forever. As much as we may want to. And that uncertainty, weather the future is pleasant or poor, bothers me.
Stop worrying about something that's years away and just appreciate what we have now.
Like, that's just general life advice really.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Actually, why are we arguing about this? Smash is over. No characters left, better luck next game lmaooooooo
I had the misfortune of only getting back into speculation by the end so my obsession with roster ain't gonna die out in the near future.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm mostly happy with what we got. It's just that it won't stop me from fantasizing about my ideal Smash game and talking about it

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Watch the next Smash pull a SFIII, and cut everyone except Mario and Luigi, and we have a whole new cast.

And they have to re-add Pikachu because such a ballsy move nearly kills the franchise.
Pikachu gonna be top tier again smh
But Luigi is gonna get the respect he deserves and be top tier with a super hype tournament moment

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also take with a grain of salt, but eclipse says the Pokémon is a ghost type Zoura. Would be pretty interesting.

Jondolio

Smash Hero

Jondolio

Smash Hero
My only gripe with Ultimate's roster is that the one real issue I have with it could've easily been fixed if Sakurai just chose a different character, but at the same time I also know it's a purely personal issue and that out of the bajilion people that bought Ultimate and play it, there are maybe five people who are bothered by that one thing, myself included

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I've been saying this since base game when people said we weren't gonna get a Gen 7 Pokémon.

Granted I do think characters should get in on their own merits but I also think modern characters shouldn't be overlooked.

It's why I think the DLC "shill picks" were good additions to the game even if I don't give a rat's ass about ARMS
I thought XC2 deserved a slot myself, but things wouldn't be "samey" or "outdated" if just one Banjo-tier character was among FP2. In fact it wouldn't even dent the pass's sales at all since the normies ate it up thanks to Steve and Sephiroth lmao

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I thought XC2 deserved a slot myself, but things wouldn't be "samey" or "outdated" if just one Banjo-tier character was among FP2. In fact it wouldn't even dent the pass's sales at all since the normies ate it up thanks to Steve and Sephiroth lmao
Did you even read the part where I said "I just don't want all the characters to be old guard requests and actually want Isaac and Geno" or did you purposefully ignore that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom