• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You…won’t be around for smash 6?

/s
I genuinely can’t tell of you fake hate me for jokes or if you actually hate me.
can’t always top perfection
So why even bother?
It won't be subpar if you actually care about playing it instead of staring at the roster and copyrights.
I do play the game. But I don’t just play as one character over and over again against strangers in other countries. I play as basically every character on the roster in the single player offerings consistently and often. Having a roster without all the characters means a game I can just play less often. Plain and simple. Because I play the game differently then you do.
Sakurai did say precisely, with every word, that he doesn't expect he will manage to do that ever again, after the "EVERYONE IS HERE" reveal. Dude knew from the start this Smash would never be topped. I just want him to rest as someone else takes over the series on the next consoles now.
And if he doesn’t manage to do it again… then I don’t want him to do Smash again. I don’t necessarily want him to come back. I just want all the characters to come back.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Lumping these together because it's not much here. So Brawl and Smash 4 introduced some new series, some old, some new, but notably, added 3rd party characters, so this one should be a bit more... exciting.

So let's begin with Kid Icarus. This one's Adventure Time. Finn and Jake, Bubblegum, and uh... Ice King for Dark Pit. Idk, making comparisons is getting a bit more harder.

Olimar is Courage. Just trust me on this one.

ROB is Dexter. Both are old, both are very important to how their respective companies are today. That's about it for Brawl... or is it?But we'll save that for later.

Animal Crossing, popular series, bit chill and relaxed, with doing day to day activites. Not intense, but good vibes. And who else but Clarence brings that. As for Isabelle... Jeff.

Punch out's a classic, had a colorful cast of characters. It's Numbuh One. Don't ask why.

Wii Fit Trainer is an oddball, important, but is just a total goofball in terms of attacks and such. Kinda out of place in a fighting game. Flapjack. K'nuckles will not be participating because I ran out of room.

Xenoblade, kinda new, pretty popular, is gaining a lot of traction. Mordecai and Rigby take place of the Aegis, while Skips would take the place of Shulk.

Duck Hunt... Gumbal and Darwin.

Miis, Fusionfall charcters (lol remember that?)

And lastly, Inkling. That will be the dude from OK KO.

And now, I hit the 3rd parties. This one will be fun. Just know that because of how TV ownership works, I'm not gonna try to enforce the whole company comparisons as strictly

Snake is Kim Possible. Kinda out there, uses tons of Gadgets, etc.

Spongebob for Sonic.

Mega Man will be Johnny Test

Pac-Man... Mickey Mouse

Ryu and Ken is Aang and Korra

Robin (Teen Titans) for Cloud, Slade for Sephiroth

Danny for Bayo

Simon and Richter... Dipper and Mabel

Joker: Timmy (Cosmo and Wanda are Arsene)

Hero: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Banjo and Kazooie: Ami and Yumi

Terry: Captian Planet

Steve: My Little Pony rep because memes and out of placeness

Kazuya: Jake Long American Dragon

Sora: Goku

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
See

That's where you're wrong

We're all possessed by Noipoi

Each and every one of us

Even you
3CC3BDF6-B450-438A-A3EF-AC154F59608F.gif

So why even bother?
Exactly. They won’t try. They’ll make another game, knowing they can’t top the roster of Ultimate (like how the MCU isn’t planning to top Infinity War Endgame or how literally every DC game isn’t planning to top Arkham City)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Man ** these regurgitated ass arguments we have every 3 days, let's start Mario Kart speculation. So let me ask this, when the ** are we getting Mario Kart 9?
The next console, or maybe when Tour shuts down. I don’t think they want a new game or DLC out when they know that these awesome characters being only in tour right now are making money.
Melee introduced some new franchise, but not much in comparison to others. But it added some notable ones.
Old, Classic Tag Team duo? Cow and Chicken. But Banjo and Kazooie you say? I have something for them, don't worry.

The bane of Smash's existence, Fire Emblem. Overhated by many, is never given a chance, sounds a lot like Steven Universe. And it has plenty if characters to fill it up. Steven, Garnet, Amethyst, Pearl, Lapis, Connie, Peridot, Bismuth, **** it, Greg Universe.

And lastly, an oldie, but goldy. The oldest in the room? Space Ghost. Were you expecting Dexter? :)

• Blossom
  • Buttercup
  • Bubbles
  • Mojo Jojo
  • Bellum and Mayor
  • Princess
  • Generic Henchman
  • Bliss
  • Rowdyruff
  • Anime Blossom
  • Anime Bubbles
  • Anime Mojo
  • Dance Pantsed Blossom
  • Dance Pantsed Buttercup for Daisy, forgot her
  • Bliss
  • Ben
  • Gwen
  • Kevjn
  • Vilgax
  • Young Ben
  • Reboot Ben
  • Jack
  • Ashi
  • Aku
  • Old Jack
  • Ed
  • Edd
  • Eddy
  • Billy
  • Mandy
  • Grim
  • Duncan
  • Gwen
  • Chris Mclean
  • Owen/Heather/Harold
  • Chef
  • Ezekiel
  • Chef
  • Mal
  • Shawn
  • Generator Rex
  • Chowder
  • Schnitzel
  • Steven
  • Garbet
  • Amethyst
  • Pearl
  • Lapis
  • Connie
  • Peridot
  • Greg Universe
  • Bismuth
  • Space Ghost
@Michael the Spikester
ah yes, Garbet my favorite Steven universe Character

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
And alas, here's the final roster for CN Ultimate (RIP Mac and Bloo though)
  • PowerPuff Girls
    • Blossom
    • Buttercup
    • Bubbles
    • Mojo Jojo
    • Bellum and Mayor
    • Princess
    • Rowdyruff Boy or something
    • Generic Henchman
  • PPG 2016
    • Bliss
  • PPGZ
    • Anime Blossom
    • Anime Bubbles
    • Anime Mojo
  • Danced Pantsed
    • Dance Pantsed Blossom
    • Dance Pantsed Buttercup for Daisy, forgot her
  • Ben 10
    • Ben
    • Gwen
    • Kevin
    • Vilgax
    • Young Ben
    • Reboot Ben
  • Samurai Jack
    • Jack
    • Ashi
    • Aku
    • Old Jack
  • Ed Edd n Eddy
    • Ed
    • Edd
    • Eddy
  • The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
    • Billy
    • Mandy
    • Grim
  • Total Drama
    • Duncan
    • Gwen
    • Chris Mclean
    • Owen/Heather/Harold
    • Chef
    • Ezekiel
    • Chef
    • Mal
    • Shawn
  • Generator Rex
    • Generator Rex
  • Chowder
    • Chowder
    • Schnitzel
  • Steven Universe
    • Steven
    • Garnet
    • Amethyst
    • Pearl
    • Lapis
    • Connie
    • Peridot
    • Greg Universe
    • Bismuth
  • Space Ghost
    • Space Ghost
  • Adventure Time
    • Finn and Jake, Bubblegum, Ice King
  • Courage the Cowardly Dog
    • Courage
  • Kids Next Door
    • Numbuh One
  • Flapjack
    • Flapjack
  • Clarence
    • Clarence, Jeff
  • Regular Show
    • Mordecai and Rigby, Skips
  • Amazing World of Gumball
    • Gumball and Darwin
  • OK KO Let's be Heroes
    • K.O.
  • Kim Possible
    • Kim Possible
  • Spongebob Squarepants
    • Spongebob
  • Johnny Test
    • Johnny Test
  • Mickey Mouse
    • Mickey Mouse
    • Aang, Korra
  • Teen Titans
    • Robin and Slade
  • Danny Phantom
    • Danny
  • Gravity Falls
    • Dipper, Mabel
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle
    • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
  • Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi
    • Ami and Yumi
  • Captian Planet
    • Captian Planet
  • My Little Pony
    • Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Applejack (As all in 1, like Steve)
  • Jake Long American Dragon
    • Jake Long
  • Dragon Ball
    • Goku

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Good morning m'gamers

I did not bother reading the last few pages because I'm playing Metroid Dread baybee

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Trolling
I genuinely can’t tell of you fake hate me for jokes or if you actually hate me.

So why even bother?

I do play the game. But I don’t just play as one character over and over again against strangers in other countries. I play as basically every character on the roster in the single player offerings consistently and often. Having a roster without all the characters means a game I can just play less often. Plain and simple. Because I play the game differently then you do.

And if he doesn’t manage to do it again… then I don’t want him to do Smash again. I don’t necessarily want him to come back. I just want all the characters to come back.
I don’t hate you, I actually think you’re pretty alright sometimes.

But you get on my nerves a LOT

So I feel no shame in bothering you unrelentingly :101:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
someone should’ve given Other M Samus her Metroid Meds

…I’m just here to not be funny

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
FEH has had good storylines overall for their game
but Book 4 is both the weakest and the least important one out of the 5

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'm thinking about eventually getting myself a PS4 to play the KH games (unless the Switch cloud versions miraculously end up perfect) and Persona 5 Royal. Might add Spider-Man to the list. Does anyone have any other recommendations?
The entire Yakuza series and Sakura Wars are my recomendaciones, mainly because everything else i enjoy in this console has already been ported to Switch

D

Deleted member

You know what? For my birthday I will make another superpost similar to my ranking of the Disney+ Premier Access collection where I talk about my 10 favourite spanish versions of Disney songs (both from Spain and America).

Just to look back on the stuff from when I was a kid and because my 20 years should get a dope post like It to celebrate It the big way.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
That's the thing, no one will make every character return I'm pretty sure. The best we can get is every Nin character (assuming no Great Clone Purge after Ultimate) and a few 3rd party (Sanic is as guaranteed as Mario), but if you want to beat the hell out of Sora with Steve or something, I'm afraid this is your only chance.

Oh, and Jigglypuff, poor puff ball has been on the edge of the knife in almost every installment lmao. Sakurai hates competition for his puff ball

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
My copy of Metroid Dread came in the mail today. Does this make me one of the cool kids now?

Anyway I have a tendacy to not finish Metroid games, but I've got a good feeling about this one.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
My copy of Metroid Dread came in the mail today. Does this make me one of the cool kids now?

Anyway I have a tendacy to not finish Metroid games, but I've got a good feeling about this one.
Beware that the game is quite hard, fair, but still hard.

Otherwise, welcome to the Dread Club!

---

I got another DR/UT theory, but idk if i'm gonna make a big post about it later.

Just in case some like to hear it though, it's basically that the "creation" that Gaster fallen into & shattered him across time & space was probably a Dark Fountain, or at least, related to the Dark World.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Currently listening to the Kingdom Hearts soundtrack and I gotta say

OG Blast Away > HD remaster Blast Away (the version that's in Smash)

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So I played that Voice of Cards demo from the Direct and damn, I don't remember the last time I've been so charmed by a game's presentation. Can't believe Yoko Taro might get me into card games when my friends have been begging me to get into them for years

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Negotiations for getting Sora into Smash Ultimate all began in an elevator

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
If I had a nickel for every time a Disney employee and a Japanese developer just happened to be at the same place at the same time leading to one of the biggest crossovers ever, I'd have two nickels. Which isn't much but it's weird that it happened twice.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
That's the thing, no one will make every character return I'm pretty sure. The best we can get is every Nin character (assuming no Great Clone Purge after Ultimate) and a few 3rd party (Sanic is as guaranteed as Mario), but if you want to beat the hell out of Sora with Steve or something, I'm afraid this is your only chance.

Oh, and Jigglypuff, poor puff ball has been on the edge of the knife in almost every installment lmao. Sakurai hates competition for his puff ball
If Sakurai comes back to direct then Terry is guaranteed to return as well. That character is entirely based around Sakurai bias lol
Like poetry.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Finished Metroid Dread on Normal mode at around 3 hours and 2 minutes.

Could have saved some time if I didn't pick up some upgrade & didn't save as often, but eh, i'm just happy I now unlocked EVERYTHING there is when it come to Dread.

Lots of fun, some stressful moment here and there, but overall, it was well worth it.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
So I played that Voice of Cards demo from the Direct and damn, I don't remember the last time I've been so charmed by a game's presentation. Can't believe Yoko Taro might get me into card games when my friends have been begging me to get into them for years
Same. I plan on buying a physical copy of that game when given the chance. it was very unique and enjoyable.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The next drawing for this week is Raven. I think this one came out better than the Starfire one. Probably one of my current favorites at the moment.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I got a new bike helmet! One that fits my head! And hopefully ones no druggies or idiots try to touch this time!

-------------------------

Lamperouge Lamperouge just wanted to ask but how did you get your PS5? Like you walked in to a store or did you get it from the PlayStation website? Just curious.

I don't even wanna think about the future of the series rn tbh.

I'm content with what's been placed before me, and like, we're all still here, aren't we?
Let's be honest

No one in the Social Thread talks about Smash on the regular, we're just a buncha social outcasts who banded together
Bunch of outcasts who will be here until like post Pokemon Legends like normal. Have to feed that socialness somehow.

I'm only really talking to you guys like normal until I have enough money to **** off somewhere and maybe.

I'm thinking about eventually getting myself a PS4 to play the KH games (unless the Switch cloud versions miraculously end up perfect) and Persona 5 Royal. Might add Spider-Man to the list. Does anyone have any other recommendations?
The Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel 1 to 4
Ghost of Tsushima
God of War
Dishonored 2
The Outer Worlds

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
be right bacl, gonna orchestrate a series of events that result in Alex Hirch and Nomura in an elevator, which will lead to Bill Cipher becoming the main antagonist of Gravity Falls.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Metroid Dread is one of those games where I grip my controller so hard it causes my fingers to hurt. I probably should have taken a break hours ago but man I'm having a hard time putting this game down.

Just finished defeating Kraid. Took me about 2 dozen attempts, but once I figured him out I took almost no damage. The killer was the bouncy bouncy fun balls. I tool so much dage trying to platform around them, then I realized it was so much easier to just stand back and destroy them with lazer spam.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Metroid Dread is one of those games where I grip my controller so hard it causes my fingers to hurt. I probably should have taken a break hours ago but man I'm having a hard time putting this game down.

Just finished defeating Kraid. Took me about 2 dozen attempts, but once I figured him out I took almost no damage. The killer was the bouncy bouncy fun balls. I tool so much dage trying to platform around them, then I realized it was so much easier to just stand back and destroy them with lazer spam.
Dread's Addiction is a real thing, it's great & it hurt your hands! I can tell from experience. :p

For real, glad you're enjoying it that much!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Because people (and the things they make) generally don't tend to simply stop existing after they've hit their peak.
I just don’t see a point in making a smash after ultimate that doesn’t bring everyone back. Even financially. Since public opinion of a game with cuts after a game where everyone is here is going to be extremely negative and potentially lead to poor sales. It’s like doing the most amazing swan dive in the world and getting a thunderous round of applause, then being forced to do it again after they’ve drained the pool.

Then there is no reason to buy or even make any smash after Ultimate. At this point it’s either everyone or no one.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Because people (and the things they make) generally don't tend to simply stop existing after they've hit their peak.
True. It's another reason to leave however. Smash will probably end up being that one crossover game that's basically gonna be paid promotion for whatever studio wants their characters in.

Its highly likely that we'll see Goku vs Super Man vs SpongeBob vs Mickey Mouse in Smash one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom