• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I just don’t want the next smash to be… subpar. Like I genuinely do not see a point to smash after ultimate if everyone doesn’t come back. So unless we don’t get another smash at all for 17 years (🤣 ) then, we’ll… you know where I stand.
You…won’t be around for smash 6?

/s

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
POTDs will continue for a lil while

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I just don’t want the next smash to be… subpar. Like I genuinely do not see a point to smash after ultimate if everyone doesn’t come back. So unless we don’t get another smash at all for 17 years (🤣 ) then, we’ll… you know where I stand.
can’t always top perfection

Noipoi

Howdy!
Man ** these regurgitated ass arguments we have every 3 days, let's start Mario Kart speculation. So let me ask this, when the ** are we getting Mario Kart 9?
When the switch 2 drops. Maybe around 2024-5.

It’ll have more characters from other Nintendo games. My dream is the warioware crew, but I’m not getting my hopes up.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
When the switch 2 drops. Maybe around 2024-5.

It’ll have more characters from other Nintendo games. My dream is the warioware crew, but I’m not getting my hopes up.
Sweet, I'll be legal drinking age by then, and I was not even 13 when the game came out. Nintendo really knows how to keep ya waiting /s.

But tbh, I'm expecting the cast of Tour to be in there, so Pauline, Dixie, etc. I'll expect more DK characters like K. Rool. Alternate costumes might be there as well.

As for other Nintendo franchises... uh... well, it's usually inhohse EAD games when it comes to smaller crossovers, so no HAL, IS, TPC characters usually make it there. But **** it, put Sonic in there. I know he's SEGA, but it's a more proper crossover than the Olympics.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Rate my Nick vs. CN roster.

Nickelodeon:
Aang (Avatar: The Last Airbender)
April O'Neil (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
CatDog (CatDog)
Danny Phantom (Danny Phantom)
Garfield (Garfield)
Helga Pataki (Hey Arnold!)
Jenny Wakeman/XJ-9 (My Life As A Teenage Robot)
Jimmy Neutron (The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius)
Korra (The Legend of Korra)
Lincoln Loud (The Loud House)
Lucy Loud (The Loud House)
Nigel Thornberry (The Wild Thornberries)
Norbert & Daggett (The Angry Beavers)
Oblina (Aaahh!!! Real Monsters)
Ren & Stimpy (The Ren & Stimpy Show)
Reptar (Rugrats)
Rocko (Rocko's Modern Life)
Patrick Star (Spongebob Squarepants)
Plankton (Spongebob Squarepants)
Powered Toastman (The Ren & Stimpy Show)
Sandy Cheeks (Spongebob Squarepants)
Shredder (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
Spongebob Squarepants (Spongebob Squarepants)
Tak (Tak and the Power of Juju)
Timmy Turner w/ Cosmo & Wanda ( The Fairly OddParents)
TMNT; Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael & Michelangelo (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
Toph Beifong (Avatar: The Last Airbender)
Zim (Invader Zim)

-

Cartoon Network:
Aku (Samurai Jack)
Ben Tennyson (Ben 10)
Billy & Mandy (The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy)
Captain K'nuckles (The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack)
Chowder (Chowder)
Courage (Courage the Cowardly Dog)
Cow & Chicken (Cow and Chicken)
Dexter (Dexter's Laboratory)
Ed, Edd & Eddy (Ed, Edd n Eddy)
Finn & Jake (Adventure Time)
Flapjack (The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack)
Garnet (Steven Universe)
Grim (The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy)
Gumball Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Gwen Tennyson (Ben 10)
Ice Bear (We Bare Bears)
Johnny Bravo (Johnny Bravo)
K.O. (OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes)
Kevin Levin (Ben 10)
Mac & Bloo (Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends)
Mojo Jojo (Powerpuff Girls)
Mordecai & Rigby (The Regular Show)
Numbuh 1 (Codename: Kids Next Door)
PPG; Blossom, Bubbles & Buttercup (Powerpuff Girls)
Rex Salazar (Generator Rex)
Samurai Jack (Samurai Jack)
Steven Universe (Steven Universe)
Vilgax (Ben 10)

Last edited:

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Sakurai did say precisely, with every word, that he doesn't expect he will manage to do that ever again, after the "EVERYONE IS HERE" reveal. Dude knew from the start this Smash would never be topped. I just want him to rest as someone else takes over the series on the next consoles now.

Shroob

Sup?
Sweet, I'll be legal drinking age by then, and I was not even 13 when the game came out. Nintendo really knows how to keep ya waiting /s.

But tbh, I'm expecting the cast of Tour to be in there, so Pauline, Dixie, etc. I'll expect more DK characters like K. Rool. Alternate costumes might be there as well.

As for other Nintendo franchises... uh... well, it's usually inhohse EAD games when it comes to smaller crossovers, so no HAL, IS, TPC characters usually make it there. But **** it, put Sonic in there. I know he's SEGA, but it's a more proper crossover than the Olympics.
You have higher hopes than I do, that's for sure.

Noipoi

Howdy!

K Rool in Mario kart

Yes do this please

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm starting to think that the Pokémon in newest Legends: Arceus trailer could be Eevee related.
That’d be cool, been a while since we’ve had an eeveelution. Though they seem to be hinting at it being an ice type, at least from environmental clues.

I think the Zorua theory is more likely, though of course none of us really know.

duxx

Smash Ace
Rate my Nick vs. CN roster.

Nickelodeon:
Aang (Avatar: The Last Airbender)
April O'Neil (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
CatDog (CatDog)
Danny Phantom (Danny Phantom)
Garfield (Garfield)
Helga Pataki (Hey Arnold!)
Jenny Wakeman/XJ-9 (My Life As A Teenage Robot)
Jimmy Neutron (The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius)
Korra (The Legend of Korra)
Lincoln Loud (The Loud House)
Lucy Loud (The Loud House)
Nigel Thornberry (The Wild Thornberries)
Norbert & Daggett (The Angry Beavers)
Oblina (Aaahh!!! Real Monsters)
Ren & Stimpy (The Ren & Stimpy Show)
Reptar (Rugrats)
Rocko (Rocko's Modern Life)
Patrick Star (Spongebob Squarepants)
Plankton (Spongebob Squarepants)
Powered Toastman (The Ren & Stimpy Show)
Sandy Cheeks (Spongebob Squarepants)
Shredder (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
Spongebob Squarepants (Spongebob Squarepants)
Tak (Tak and the Power of Juju)
Timmy Turner w/ Cosmo & Wanda ( The Fairly OddParents)
TMNT; Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael & Michelangelo (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
Toph Beifong (Avatar: The Last Airbender)
Zim (Invader Zim)

-

Cartoon Network:
Aku (Samurai Jack)
Ben Tennyson (Ben 10)
Billy & Mandy (The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy)
Captain K'nuckles (The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack)
Chowder (Chowder)
Courage (Courage the Cowardly Dog)
Cow & Chicken (Cow and Chicken)
Dexter (Dexter's Laboratory)
Ed, Edd & Eddy (Ed, Edd n Eddy)
Finn & Jake (Adventure Time)
Flapjack (The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack)
Garnet (Steven Universe)
Grim (The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy)
Gumball Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Gwen Tennyson (Ben 10)
Ice Bear (We Bare Bears)
Johnny Bravo (Johnny Bravo)
K.O. (OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes)
Kevin Levin (Ben 10)
Mac & Bloo (Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends)
Mojo Jojo (Powerpuff Girls)
Mordecai & Rigby (The Regular Show)
Numbuh 1 (Codename: Kids Next Door)
PPG; Blossom, Bubbles & Buttercup (Powerpuff Girls)
Rex Salazar (Generator Rex)
Samurai Jack (Samurai Jack)
Steven Universe (Steven Universe)
Vilgax (Ben 10)
where's uncle grandpa

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Hey, this is a repeat! I've seen this one before!
Well it's true, a game's sole quality isn't the quanitity of the roster. Otherwise MK9 would've never been able to save the franchise after Armageddon.

Shroob

Sup?
Well it's true, a game's sole quality isn't the quanitity of the roster. Otherwise MK9 would've never been able to save the franchise after Armageddon.
I mean

Okay

But also

I don't think anyone really... asked? Like, it feels like lately you're just chomping at the bit to go "Ult bad, NASB good", which is just a bad look tbh :drshrug:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I mean

Okay

But also

I don't think anyone really... asked? Like, it feels like lately you're just chomping at the bit to go "Ult bad, NASB good", which is just a bad look tbh :drshrug:
I wasn't trying to do that this time..I just think SnakeFighter's concern about Smash 6 being "subpar" simply has to do with roster size.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So following the criteria layed out for Ultimate, Here's a Cartoon Network.

A good chunk of Ultimate's roster is comprised of Mario characters. Mario has been the flagship of Nintendo, with media spanning multiple generations of audiences, both old and young. With so much, it's damn near impossible to ignore him. With CN, the closest we'll ger to that, in my eyes, is hands down the Powerpuff Girls. Spans multiple generations? Check. Is ****ing everywhere? Check. A loveable cast of characters? Check.

So for the PPG, we have: Blossom, Buttercup, Bubbles, and Mojo Jojo, who are equivalent of the main 4 of Mario (M,L,P,B). Spoiled brat in a mech? Princess. Tag Team duo with a very tall lady and her goofy sidekick? Bellum and the Mayor. Joke character? Some generic mook.

But Mario also extends even further, with the spinoffs being represented. We have Yoshi, Dr. Mario, DK, and Wario? On the other hand, PPG has a lot of reboots and spinoffs, as such, to round them out, we have:
Bliss from the 2016 PPG, Dance Pantsed Blossom, and I guess the a Rowdy Ruff Boy for Wario. As for DK goes, this will be from PPGZ, so Anime Blossom, Anime Bubbles, and Anime Mojo Jojo.

Zelda's pretty popular, usually the 2nd in command for Nintendo. Has a relatively small cast who's strength comes from the story and the world. To me, the equivalent to that is Ben 10. For this, it will be: Ben 10, Gwen, Vilgax, and Kevin. But wait, what about the other Links? Well, for that, I'll say Young Ben, and (I'm sorry) reboot Ben 10.

Next up on the list, a relatively popular series that's seen a massive resurgence in popularity as of late. Yep, this one's Metroid, and it's been around for quite some time, but never reallt pulles in the numbers, but it's rather darker and more serious, especially as the series progressed to a more adult nature. Sounds like a CN show... yup, Samurai Jack. So we'll have: Jack (Title Character), Old Jack (Same character, but from a more recent entry), Ashi (Character from a reboot), and Aku (big villian).

Next up is a pretty popular series, that is knowm for a small but lovable cast, with a goofy tone and bright colors everywhere, it's prone to obliterating the 4th wall time to time. Kirby=Ed Edd and Eddy. For that, just Ed, Edd, and Eddy. The big 3. Like Kirby.

Next up, Star Fox. Uh, it's classic, but it's relatively new in comparison to other series. Idk, Billy and Mandy. Billy, Mandy, Grim. Idk, this one's a bit tough

Next up, we got Pokemon. Oh dear god. A varied cast and crew, extremely popular, not fully owned by Nintendo. Spans multiple gens? My best bet for this? Total Drama Island.

Majority is Gen 1, so uh...: Duncan, Gwen, Chris Mclean, (Owen, Heather Harold) as a tag team, Mal, Shawn. And unfortunately, that's about as high TD gens go, but if I wanna fill ot out: Chef for Incineroar, Ezekiel for Greninja.

Next up, F-Zero. Futuristic series that will never ever get a sequel despite fan clamour? Generator Rex.

Next up, Earthbound. Small, didn't last long, but a huge cult following. Imo, Chowder fits this bill. Chowder and Schnitzel for these two.

• Blossom
  • Buttercup
  • Bubbles
  • Mojo Jojo
  • Bellum and Mayor
  • Princess
  • Generic Henchman
  • Bliss
  • Rowdyruff
  • Anime Blossom
  • Anime Bubbles
  • Anime Mojo
  • Dance Pantsed Blossom
  • Dance Pantsed Buttercup for Daisy, forgot her
  • Bliss
  • Ben
  • Gwen
  • Kevjn
  • Vilgax
  • Young Ben
  • Reboot Ben
  • Jack
  • Ashi
  • Aku
  • Old Jack
  • Ed
  • Edd
  • Eddy
  • Billy
  • Mandy
  • Grim
  • Duncan
  • Gwen
  • Chris Mclean
  • Owen/Heather/Harold
  • Chef
  • Ezekiel
  • Chef
  • Mal
  • Shawn
  • Generator Rex
  • Chowder
  • Schnitzel
Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord
I'm thinking about eventually getting myself a PS4 to play the KH games (unless the Switch cloud versions miraculously end up perfect) and Persona 5 Royal. Might add Spider-Man to the list. Does anyone have any other recommendations?

Dukefire

Smash Master
Looking back at Ultimate's journey, I can say that brawl's intro music track does fit with the end of an era. With the possibility that Ultimate is the peak for Super Smash Bros series.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Melee introduced some new franchise, but not much in comparison to others. But it added some notable ones.
Old, Classic Tag Team duo? Cow and Chicken. But Banjo and Kazooie you say? I have something for them, don't worry.

The bane of Smash's existence, Fire Emblem. Overhated by many, is never given a chance, sounds a lot like Steven Universe. And it has plenty if characters to fill it up. Steven, Garnet, Amethyst, Pearl, Lapis, Connie, Peridot, Bismuth, **** it, Greg Universe.

And lastly, an oldie, but goldy. The oldest in the room? Space Ghost. Were you expecting Dexter? :)

• Blossom
  • Buttercup
  • Bubbles
  • Mojo Jojo
  • Bellum and Mayor
  • Princess
  • Generic Henchman
  • Bliss
  • Rowdyruff
  • Anime Blossom
  • Anime Bubbles
  • Anime Mojo