• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

On the eshop, which is the really only viable way I have to get it since no stores around here have it(And I'm a lazy **** who already had 50 bucks in their eshop account), yeap.
It's a certified Square Enix moment.
I'm just surprised because over here, the KH games tend to be dirt cheap, with Melody of Memory being the most expensive, being 30-35€. Meanwhile KH3 is only 15€ at max. Even the "The Story So Far" bundle is like 20€ (might actually pick that one up for that price).

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also something neat with the Pokémon tease is that they mention this footage being stored away in the canalave library in modern times. Which is a neat way to tie these info dumps and the hand written Pokédex pages into BDSP.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'm just surprised because over here, the KH games tend to be dirt cheap, with Melody of Memory being the most expensive, being 30-35€. Meanwhile KH3 is only 15€ at max. Even the "The Story So Far" bundle is like 20€ (might actually pick that one up for that price).
Because Melody of memory is the most recent and meant to be a quick catch up on the story so far for the next game.

D

Deleted member

Because Melody of memory is the most recent and meant to be a quick catch up on the story so far for the next game.
I'm well aware, I was merely talking about how cheap the franchise actually is, as well as being surprised at the $60 tag.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
If I ever start Kingdom Hearts, getting Kingdom Hearts III at GameStop would be a WAY better option than the Xbox One digital store (like a $50 difference better)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I accidentally got my first ever Elite Smash unlock…being with :ultsora: after 2 normal 1v1 fights. One Small Battlefield…and the other Venom (or whatever the less cool Corneria stage was called)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Just finished watching Copshop.

Not as great as I had hoped but still found it to be entertaining and still good. Definitely had that 70s style and vibe to it.

Between this and Boss Level, the latter I find to be a lot better. Compare the two as they're both by the same director.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Anyway, gotta say, Sora's Classic route was a tad disappointing. Personally I was hoping for Galleom to be the final boss, as design wise he does remind me of that one armored Traverse Town boss from KH1. Also that metal Sora boss can easily be cheesed with up-tilts.
**** that Mr. G&W horde battle though.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
They’ll only put the song on the store if enough people buy Melody of Memory
Imagine if buying the song also unlocks Disney character content just to make some loopholes around the licensing. :bowsette:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Why-

Why do all the third party controller makers make cooler stuff than Nintendo???

How have we flipped from the old days where these other offerings are starting to become better than the official?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I remember the ye olden days of places like Game Crazy having just bins full of MadCatz controllers for 9.99 or less.

They couldn't sell them if they wanted to.
The only MadCatz controller I remember liking was their take on the N64 controller. Because it was an actually normal controller without a phallic unnecessary third part hanging down the middle.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Because they learned from the mistakes of MadCatz.
It's just wild to me that Power-A's wireless GCN feels better than Nintendo's and even has QoL adjustments made to it.

Their alternatives to the Pro Controller are insane, too: The designs for some of these are gorgeous and the pricing is all super fair for what they are.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Their alternatives to the Pro Controller are insane, too: The designs for some of these are gorgeous and the pricing is all super fair for what they are.
I feel like it's at $60 because of the Amiibo functionalities ngl

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Guys

So I got the online TCG Pokemon game, and a Trainer Club account

And remember all those useless cards you get from a booster that give a free pack online?

Guess what. They still work. After 7 ****ing years. I am going to be rich in the team comp.
That's honestly cool, but* just saying, those cards rotated out loooong ago and you won't be able to play standard with them. Maybe not even extended lol

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Guys

So I got the online TCG Pokemon game, and a Trainer Club account

And remember all those useless cards you get from a booster that give a free pack online?

Guess what. They still work. After 7 ****ing years. I am going to be rich in the team comp.
WAIT! DON'T OPEN ALL OF THEM!

Booster Packs are essentially the currency for the PTCGO. It's better to have some so you can trade for what you want. After all
Also this is a handy website that tells you what people are typically paying for a card. It's unofficial, so it's not impossible to make trades outside the range, but this usually gets you what you want.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
That's honestly cool, but* just saying, those cards rotated out loooong ago and you won't be able to play standard with them. Maybe not even extended lol
knock-on wood, but Expanded seems to be constant. It's still Black/White base set on, 10 years after it was founded. Power creep is outclassing them damage wise, but other cards are still pretty viable.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
WAIT! DON'T OPEN ALL OF THEM!

Booster Packs are essentially the currency for the PTCGO. It's better to have some so you can trade for what you want. After all
Also this is a handy website that tells you what people are typically paying for a card. It's unofficial, so it's not impossible to make trades outside the range, but this usually gets you what you want.
Oh, that's true, if the set has no cards you are chasing, and even if it has tbh, keep the digital version of the packs sealed. Oh, and you're birthday boy, right Pokelego999 Pokelego999 ? Happy birthday!

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Oh, that's true, if the set has no cards you are chasing, and even if it has tbh, keep the digital version of the packs sealed. Oh, and you're birthday boy, right Pokelego999 Pokelego999 ? Happy birthday!
Thanks mate!

But yeah, I am just starting today so I opened about 5 packs. There's far more where that came from, but I should see what I currently could find lying around.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I don't even have valuable cards in my TCG. Literally all of the current valuable ones are just shortprinted meta cards, nostalgia, or event exclusives.

1634688969805.png
1634689029747.png

Why yes, I'll pay $500 to win the game. :secretkpop: I think the **** not.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I don't even have valuable cards in my TCG. Literally all of the current valuable ones are just shortprinted meta cards, nostalgia, or event exclusives.

View attachment 334942View attachment 334943

Why yes, I'll pay $500 to win the game. :secretkpop: I think the **** not.
Pokemon's pretty good about that to be honest. Assuming you use the least rare version of a card, a deck usually doesn't get over $100, and a lot of the stapes are the same between decks so you save money on every subsequent one. There's only one really expensive card, Tropical Beach, which is both an odd situation (it was a promo only given to people who were at Worlds one year) and isn't 100% mandatory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom