• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
knock-on wood, but Expanded seems to be constant. It's still Black/White base set on, 10 years after it was founded. Power creep is outclassing them damage wise, but other cards are still pretty viable.
Oh, dang, I never played extended, so I didn't know it went that far back. Good to know if I go back to the game I don't have to worry about giving up my Reshizard deck anything soon!
Thanks mate!

But yeah, I am just starting today so I opened about 5 packs. There's far more where that came from, but I should see what I currently could find lying around.
You can take a look at the trade screen in the game right now to get an idea. People throw dozens of less valuable packs and cards on the deals for the cards they are seeking.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Just nine more movies this year to go.

42. Halloween Kills
43. The Last Duel
44. Dune
45. Last Night in Soho
46. Eternals
47. Red Notice
48. Ghostbusters: Afterlife
49. Encanto
50. Spider-Man: No Way Home

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I just spent an hour reading some random on Wikipedia from food to politics to anime to space.

Like I did a grand tour of the site while half asleep.
you should play that wikipedia game where you have to go from point A to point B of completely different articles using just wikipedia hyperlinks

D

Deleted member

Just a head's up, but I wouldn't hoard those booster packs for too long if you intend on trading them away as PTCGO is gonna be replaced soon with an "updated" version, getting rid of various sets, as well as trading.

Unopened boosters will be converted to currence as well:
Unopened Black & White, XY, Sun & Moon, and Sword & Shield Series booster packs, preconstructed decks (expansion and incremental), Build & Battle Boxes, and League reward products will be converted to Pokémon TCG Live in-game currency on migration. Note that there will be a cap on the amount of in-game currency you can receive.

Unopened XY and Sun & Moon Series tin products that unlock a 60-card deck in the Pokémon TCG Online will be converted to one copy of that tin's promo card on migration.
Source

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Hm, should I do Undertale first? I mean I've practically watched the entire game but I guess it's also an option since it's kinda inexpensive and I guess a prequel but not really but also kinda? idk

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Just a head's up, but I wouldn't hoard those booster packs for too long if you intend on trading them away as PTCGO is gonna be replaced soon with an "updated" version, getting rid of various sets, as well as trading.

Source
Seems to be a good idea to just say **** it and open it now, but I'll see what the others have to say, I'm new to this stuff.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Hm, should I do Undertale first? I mean I've practically watched the entire game but I guess it's also an option since it's kinda inexpensive and I guess a prequel but not really but also kinda? idk
If you want to, it helps enhance the experience. But if you’ve got the general gist you should be fine to just jump into Deltarune.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Alrighty so I got 1 Plasma Freeze, 3 Sun and Moon, 1 Forbidden Light, 1 Ultra Prism, 2 XY, 1 Breakpoint, 1 XY Evolutions, 1 XY Flashfire, 3 XY Phantom Forces, 3 Primal Clash, and 3 Steam Seige. Is that any good?
It's better to have packs to spend then to not. Here's a link to the subreddit, they probably have useful information (i'm sorry, but i started playing a long time ago. i don't really know how rookies should start.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Guys

So I got the online TCG Pokemon game, and a Trainer Club account

And remember all those useless cards you get from a booster that give a free pack online?

Guess what. They still work. After 7 ****ing years. I am going to be rich in the team comp.
I kept my as well going back to BW era. I was thinking about selling them, so it's good to hear they still work. I have a large bag of codes sitting my closet.

I really should get into playing the TCG beyond the GBC game. The modern game seems pretty complicated now compared to when was into making desks. I still regularly collect but don't do too much beyond that. I was trying to get into PSA cards but we all know what happened with that...

D

Deleted member

Seems to be a good idea to just say **** it and open it now, but I'll see what the others have to say, I'm new to this stuff.
Ya know, I ain't Kaiba with a suitcase full of cards, but I did get into the habit of collecting them myself for a while. Never cared much for the online game, so if you want, you can have my cards. They're mostly from Ultra Prism and Vivid Voltage, with a few other sets mixed in that came with various bundles. And honestly, getting rid of those cards is better than letting them rot on my account.

I don't have the game installed right now, so I can't tell you exactly what I have.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Ya know, I ain't Kaiba with a suitcase full of cards, but I did get into the habit of collecting them myself for a while. Never cared much for the online game, so if you want, you can have my cards. They're mostly from Ultra Prism and Vivid Voltage, with a few other sets mixed in that came with various bundles. And honestly, getting rid of those cards is better than letting them rot on my account.

I don't have the game installed right now, so I can't tell you exactly what I have.
You sure about letting them go?

Metallinatus

Smash Lord

Source
Oh damn, I didn't know that, are they going to remake the apps too? Perhaps even make a version for phones finally?

D

Deleted member

You sure about letting them go?
Absolutely, they hold no value to me and if they're of use to someone else, then all the better. Truthfully, I dont like the modern TCG anyway with those inflated numbers. I tend to play using Tabletop SImulator with friends, mostly base-neo era, just with the added house rule that the person who starts can't attack during the first turn, like in the modern incarnation.

And if you're still unsure, just think of it as a coincidental birthday gift or something, I dunno.
Oh damn, I didn't know that, are they going to remake the apps too? Perhaps even make a version for phones finally?
I think so, haven't really looked into it though.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Absolutely, they hold no value to me and if they're of use to someone else, then all the better. Truthfully, I dont like the modern TCG anyway with those inflated numbers. I tend to play using Tabletop SImulator with friends, mostly base-neo era, just with the added house rule that the person who starts can't attack during the first turn, like in the modern incarnation.

And if you're still unsure, just think of it as a coincidental birthday gift or something, I dunno.
I think so, haven't really looked into it though.
Oh, alright then.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So I heard about some anime VO who died, they went peacefully surrounded by people they loved and memories that brought them joy

it made me think of dad’s last days

and I’m still feeling lingering sadness

so no stream tonight…

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
6 years. Smash on the Switch 2. Everyone is Back. All the Smash characters. And all my Smashboards friends.
I’d prefer we don’t do another Ultimate until another 17 years or so pass by so Sakurai can survive without becoming a madder man
This one actually hurts a bit wtf man.
wish it didn’t happen tbh

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Dang I just got out and sorted my unused code bag. I have at least 200 unused code cards.

I guess I got more carried away than I thought during the XY and SM era. Worked at a department store for 4 years and had a 10% employee discount. Whenever I got bored or there was a sale I'd buy booster packs in bulk. Flashfire and Ultra Prism are probably the ones I have the most of. Going for Mega Charizard and full art Cynthia. lol

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I’d prefer we don’t do another Ultimate until another 17 years or so pass by so Sakurai can survive without becoming a madder man

wish it didn’t happen tbh
I just don’t want the next smash to be… subpar. Like I genuinely do not see a point to smash after ultimate if everyone doesn’t come back. So unless we don’t get another smash at all for 17 years (🤣 ) then, we’ll… you know where I stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom