• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
anyway this is why nick speculation is more chill

no one cares if a character is "outdated" especially not the devs who were insistent on 80s turtles over a newer, nick-produced incarnation

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
It almost got to a point where members in this community were shaming others just for wanting a character they waited for nearly over a decade for. It makes the end of Ultimate fairly bitter seeing that most of these fandoms had to go thru so much toxicity just to support their favorite characters and communities while some from these problematic toxic communities get rewarded for their behavior and get their character in scott free.
Every community has a minority of toxic jerks and a bunch of genuine nice people who want the character. Based on past posts I remember of yours, I think I know one you’re talking about, and a bunch of jerks were toxic to them as well, a lot of them not being toxic at all even if some were, having dumb arguments against the character treated as fact and shoved in their face as well as the dumb small minority of 4chan trolls being used against them even after those trolls started bothering them as well.

No one was directly rewarded for toxic behavior. That’s just an unfortunate thing each community has some amount of, so they shouldn’t be worried about. It’s understandable if they sour you on something, but at some point it may feel better to look past that. Many genuinely nice people get to see their character get in, and I don’t think they should be tossed aside because of jerks they aren’t responsible for.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
You know, I'd never been on a real airplane before
And I gotta tell ya, it was really great!

Except that I had to sit between two large Albanian women with excruciatingly severe body odor
And the little kid in back of me kept throwin' up the whole time
The flight attendants ran out of Dr. Pepper and salted peanuts
And the in-flight movie was Bio-Dome with Pauly Shore
And, oh yeah, three of the airplane engines burned out
And we went into a tailspin and crashed into a hillside
And the plane exploded in a giant fireball and everybody died
Except for me
You know why?
'Cause I had my tray table up
And my seat back in the full upright position
Had my tray table up
Had my tray table up

osby

Smash Obsessed

Except that I had to sit between two large Albanian women with excruciatingly severe body odor
Except for me
You know why?
Had my tray table up
Had my tray table up
Could've been worse.

At least your plane wasn't delayed.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Flaming
anyway this is why nick speculation is more chill

no one cares if a character is "outdated" especially not the devs who were insistent on 80s turtles over a newer, nick-produced incarnation
This is gonna be my last post on the subject, so two things.

1. A good amount of Nick Brawl's core appeal is nostalgia, so of course it's gonna appeal to a bunch of millennials that don't give a **** about modern Nick.
  2. You seem to be willingly lacking in reading comprehension, so let me spell it out to you: my concern is not with having old characters that feel outdated, but the roster as a whole by being oversaturated with them, which is why I want new characters. I'm not saying Isaac, Geno, Dixie, and Lloyd will make the roster feel outdated, I'm saying they will make it feel outdated if they're the only newcomers in a 2018 Smash game that has no characters made after 2015.
With that, welcome to my ignore list. I don't like talking to brick walls and then hearing them make snide remarks.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Negotiations for getting Sora into Smash Ultimate all began in an elevator
I'll just copy this over from the Spec Thread in case anyone hasn't seen it:
Before this thread gets iced, I'd just like to say this one thing:

From The Second Ultimate Square Enix Character Argument:
Anyways, as well all know, Fighters Pass 2 has 6 fighters instead of 5. This fact was prominently introduced and discussed in Byleth's Sakurai Presents presentation. I believe that this could be due to the fact that negotiations for a character who had previously been rejected (which we know has occurred due to Sakurai's book) suddenly became available, and Nintendo jumped on it...

Sora had immense popularity during the ballot period, with the Kingdom Hearts community rallying together for Sora's inclusion. It's not hard to believe that Nintendo tried for Sora then, but negotiations fell through for one reason or another. They drop the issue until Fighters Pass 2, when Disney has done a 180 on video games following the mass success of Kingdom Hearts 3 and is looking to promote the series in the largest gaming crossover of all time. Nintendo approaches Sakurai like they did for Dragon Quest, and they go for it despite having already decided Fighters Pass 2 in its entirety. Since it's DLC, all they have to do is tack on another fighter to the pass and promote as such...

This explanation accounts for Disney's role in negotiations while also accommodating the timeline of Fighters Pass 2 being decided.
In the initial decisions, Nintendo had a very thin window to negotiate with Disney if they decided to do so, probably for the second or third time. By going outside of that timeline, however, and explaining Disney's turnaround on negotiations as being due to a desire to capitalize off the success of the Kingdom Hearts series after KH3, you can justify Sora's inclusion as the special sixth fighter in Fighters Pass 2.

I WAS 100% CORRECT (besides the turnaround being due to a chance meeting but that's besides the point)

KNEEL BEFORE ME, THE GOD OF SMASH ULTIMATE SPECULATION

I'm actually a God Speculator and I can't believe it LMAO.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master

Except for me
You know why?
Had my tray table up
Had my tray table up
Must've been a grandiose time, but did you meet him? :bowsette:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Honestly…I wouldn’t even worry about the Next Smash. Game’s like, probably 5+ years away.

Just enjoy what we have now. Ultimate is insane, like, legit insane: As someone else in here said, Sora Kingdom Hearts can fight Sans Undertale on a Minecraft stage. Plus, Sora ain’t even 3 days old yet, let’s not immediately jump to doomsday, yeah? Let’s all just smell the roses and enjoy Ultimate for a couple years at least before getting ahead of ourselves.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Honestly…I wouldn’t even worry about the Next Smash. Game’s like, probably 5+ years away.

Just enjoy what we have now. Ultimate is insane, like, legit insane: As someone else in here said, Sora Kingdom Hearts can fight Sans Undertale on a Minecraft stage. Plus, Sora ain’t even 3 days old yet, let’s not immediately jump to doomsday, yeah? Let’s all just smell the roses and enjoy Ultimate for a couple years at least before getting ahead of ourselves.
Speculating over nothing and doom posting of the not cool variety is a Smash Fan's specialty.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I still need to play Doom one day.

I got like Doom 1, Doom 2 & Doom 64 on my switch.

hhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
It’s just how my brain works! Yes I know it causes me pain and suffering but so does a broken leg but I still need to walk on it to live!
That's...not how you live. At all.

When you break your leg, you don't continue walking on it–unless it's actually life or death. You go to a professional, get treated–whether that be surgery, casting, etc.–and stay off it until it heals. In the mean time you use helpers like crutches, wheelchairs, scooters, etc. to get around. That's how it heals and gets better.

Your mindset is incredibly unhealthy. If there's something significantly negatively impacting your life, get professional help. There are surely afforable options within your area, so please seek help.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Yeah, a shame we'll never get Isabelle and Doomguy in the same game.

Anyway, do you guys think Smash for Switch will have Minecraft Steve?
No idiot

It’s a smash 4 port with Inklings, Springman, Rex and Decidueye.

K Rool? Irrelevant. Banjo? Microsoft. Steve? Eww it was made after 2000 cringe. Sora? Lol Disney.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Went and bought Kingdom Hearts III for Xbox One for $9. :ultsora:

Don't know when I'll get around to it and will probably wait for a discount before I grab the other titles.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yikes.

Eternals is gonna be 156 minutes long beating out Infinity War as the second-longest MCU film after Endgame.
I guess I don't need to be afraid of movie not having enough run time to give screen time to all characters anymore.

Now it just needs to be engaging enough to hold my interest for that long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom