• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Nah friendo, just saying "Never Say Never" XD

How did I guess, Makoto stan with "keyblade" in their name? XD (Watch BNA it's really good and it's only 12 episodes)
By complete coincidence both these voice actors tend to get characters I actually really like. Like, this always.

Also while talking about Xehanort I find it mildly amusing that his voice actors for both young Xehanort and adult Xehanort were also the voices of Young Joseph joestar and old Joseph Joestar. Complete coincidence I'm sure but I find it kind of amusing. (And both those dudes also voiced characters in Digimon too, Shoutmon and Myotismon)
Y'know, I've noticed a lot of resentment towards Sonic Colors in recent years. Kinda took me off guard when I noticed how much disdain some parts of the Sonic community have for it: It's my favorite Sonic game, and I always assumed it was one of the better received ones.

For any Sonic fans here, what's y'all thoughts on Colors? Good? Bad?
I actually never liked colors that much because of how many 2D sections there are.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
By complete coincidence both these voice actors tend to get characters I actually really like. Like, this always.

Also while talking about Xehanort I find it mildly amusing that his voice actors for both young Xehanort and adult Xehanort were also the voices of Young Joseph joestar and old Joseph Joestar. Complete coincidence I'm sure but I find it kind of amusing. (And both those dudes also voiced characters in Digimon too, Shoutmon and Myotismon)

I actually never liked colors that much because of how many 2D sections there are.
Well, if you like them, I guarantee you'll love the dub of BNA.

Not to mention it's a TRIGGER production, and their standards of quality have done nothing but improved over the years. After Kill la Kill got super popular, Little Witch, PROMARE, BNA... all of them became smash hits beloved by anime fans (myself included). Honestly, I'd say TRIGGER's produced the most hits for the swings they make. I'm a fan.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
while Spider-Man 2017 has gotten better, it hasn't been enough to carry Marvel shows in the animated department...tho Marvel Rising has been great at the least. Also, hope you're watching the show in order and not the weird organization Disney+ gave it

Spectacular Spider-Man still the best Spidey show, and probably still the best (or at least one of) his best portrayals. Really it's between that, Insomniac, and the Ultimate versions of him to be better or equal to the og Parker (when written awesome of course...so not that OMD ****)

The power of Marvel
Yeah, I don't know why Disney+ has the Breakout two-parter as the first episodes. Really weird.

I wasn't really impressed with what I've seen or heard of any of the Marvel cartoons after EMH. Avengers Assemble just tries to copy the movies while being nowhere near as good as either the movies or EMH, Ultimate Spider-Man is a comedy that wasn't funny at all and had really unlikable characters (which is especially a shame since a modern take on the "Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends" concept has great potential), and I've heard similar criticisms of Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. The only one I've heard decent things about is the Guardians of the Galaxy show, though even that also copies the movies like Avengers Assemble does. Same with the new Spider-Man show after Ultimate, which doesn't try to copy the movies, and I might check that one out eventually.

I just wish Disney would bring back EMH for a third season. They did it with Star Wars: The Clone Wars, so why not?

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Colors is fun, I suspect that the reputation of certain other Sonic games has caused people to lump Colors in with them as well
Which games? I can't think of many Colors is directly linked to...

TBH, the more I think about it, Colors' reception tanking over the years probably has more to do with introducing the now overused Wisps and the writing. I think some people who are tired of the Wisps probably look at Colors as the start of the problem, and people really don't like the writers that took over Sonic during Colors.

I actually really liked Colors 2D sections, lol. I can definitely understand it being annoying if you want a more purely 3D experience, though.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
crazybenjamin crazybenjamin 's AMA is now up!

as per the usual, if you're interested in participating in a future AMA and are not currently on the list of future AMA subjects, please lemme know

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yeah, I don't know why Disney+ has the Breakout two-parter as the first episodes. Really weird.

I wasn't really impressed with what I've seen or heard of any of the Marvel cartoons after EMH. Avengers Assemble just tries to copy the movies while being nowhere near as good as either the movies or EMH, Ultimate Spider-Man is a comedy that wasn't funny at all and had really unlikable characters (which is especially a shame since a modern take on the "Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends" concept has great potential), and I've heard similar criticisms of Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. The only one I've heard decent things about is the Guardians of the Galaxy show, though even that also copies the movies like Avengers Assemble does. Same with the new Spider-Man show after Ultimate, which doesn't try to copy the movies, and I might check that one out eventually.

I just wish Disney would bring back EMH for a third season. They did it with Star Wars: The Clone Wars, so why not?
I've heard the last season of Avengers Assemble was good (tho it was also just a Black Panther show with nothing actually relating to the past seasons...even tbe animation changed to match the Spidey show), and Peter's current show got really good out of nowhere once the season 1 finale happened (or at the worst once they went halfway into season 2, the Superior and Maximum Venom arcs were crazy good compared to what I expected). Robbie definitely got better as Spider-Man, while the show (and Marvel in general) have been showing their current Web bias by making sure Miles, Gwen, and Anya continue to get their build into being important factors in the Spider-Verse (mainly the first 2, but Anya has gained lots of attention as of late because of it)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Between VTubers and VR becoming a growing thing

We live in an era where anime may indeed become real
**** ain't real until we all have John Cena make the Avengers involving Spidey, Cory, and Shrek

KillerCage

Smash Master
Y'know, I've noticed a lot of resentment towards Sonic Colors in recent years. Kinda took me off guard when I noticed how much disdain some parts of the Sonic community have for it: It's my favorite Sonic game, and I always assumed it was one of the better received ones.

For any Sonic fans here, what's y'all thoughts on Colors? Good? Bad?
It's less the gameplay (which is okay imho) and more the writing and characters that people have grievances with including myself.
Sonic is treated as a cartoon character as opposed to a shonen protagonist.
In other words, Sonic is portrayed as an old guy trying to act cool without being cool.
Roger Craig Smith has never proven himself worthy of Sonic outside the Twitter Takeovers and Sonic Boom.
He does not work as Sonic in my eyes when compaired to Ryan Drummond, Jason Griffith, and Ben Schwartz.
The writers of Sonic Colors were not fans of the character and it really shows during the cutscenes.
The Sonic series lost its soul at Color and didn't regain it until the movie.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I just had a weird experience with my phone

It crashed and deleted my phone's background. Nothing else is out of the ordinary so I have no idea what just happened.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
one thing I find funny is how some Pokemon got weird new signature moves due to the dex cut.

before the DLC, Vine Whip was the signature move of the Bulbasaur line, and Cut is currently the signature of Kanto Farfech'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom