• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Going to a shopping centre empty during a mini lockdown felt weird. Like sneaking into the school playground during the holidays as a kid.

Except five stores, it was practically empty.

Edit: Half of what I said didn't make sense. Haven't had caffeine yet today.

Last edited:

moltenwaterr

Smash Rookie
Do you guys know any smash discord servers that have channels dedicated to stages and counterpicking? If so could you link them to me? I love discussing and informing people on stages. Thanks!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Colors is fun, I suspect that the reputation of certain other Sonic games has caused people to lump Colors in with them as well
Please. Port Colors to Switch. And generations. And... you know what, throw in Lost World while we’re at it. Not unleashed though. That’s a Series X game. No way it would run on switch without a tonne of lag and frame drops.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Please. Port Colors to Switch. And generations. And... you know what, throw in Lost World while we’re at it. Not unleashed though. That’s a Series X game. No way it would run on switch without a tonne of lag and frame drops.
WRT Unleashed, I think they can make it work, just needs some programming adjustments to work with the Switch’s processor, I mean it’s literally a game from 2009 how hard can porting it be

it’s also why I seriously doubt Square Enix’s claim about the mainline Kingdom Hearts games being “too hard” to port to Switch

D

Deleted member

Do you guys know any smash discord servers that have channels dedicated to stages and counterpicking? If so could you link them to me? I love discussing and informing people on stages. Thanks!
Ooo! There is a great Smash Ultimate Discord I am in. It will help you out with this stuff. Here is the invite link.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Watch that tin foil theorists assumes this is a hint to Doom Slayer being revealed at the VGA for Smash.
i doubt it will happen but I’m just saying,

The game awards being a few days before, a lot of speculation over Dolm Guy; if he’s in this is really the best time to reveal him.

Not to mention like I said the other day they could do an easy joker style trailer by having Isabelle announce Doom Guy moving in but it’s actually smash bro’s.

Such a fun opportunity that will probably go unused lol.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Anyone here watch Billiam? His Scooby doo videos are great.
Just did actually.

Kinda weird he didn't mention the last part of the plot of Ghost School at all tho.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Doom Eternal is coming to the Switch on December 8th.

It's somehow got a smaller filesize than what Doom (2016) had, and getting the game before December 23rd gets you a free copy of Doom 64, along with some other goodies like the Doot Revenant skin. (the Doom 64 game is given to you as a download code through your account's email, so presumably, you can give the code to someone else if you already have that game)
Guess who’s playing Doom Eternal again for the 7th time this year.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
WRT Unleashed, I think they can make it work, just needs some programming adjustments to work with the Switch’s processor, I mean it’s literally a game from 2009 how hard can porting it be

it’s also why I seriously doubt Square Enix’s claim about the mainline Kingdom Hearts games being “too hard” to port to Switch
Because it literally took two successive console generations to get the thing to run smoothly. Especially in some of the busier levels.

If they are gonna give it some attention in a port, make the sun and moon medals go away and divide Eggmanland up into multiple stages. Oh. And take the homing attack off of the boost button.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Unleashed is an old ass Sonic game...it can easily be on the Switch (same with Persona 5...most likely only Vanilla instead of R based on how Atlus doesn't seem to be able to deal with loading screens for it. Hopefully SMTV can change that)

Dutch Raikuna

OK, I am really off the ball today. Probably cause I've been getting round to actually doing stuff instead of worrying about my health anxiety.

On the good side......I'm close to finishing Trails of Cold Steel IV. So I can now get Persona 5 Royal as I promised myself.

However........Cyberpunk releases in 10 days so I want to get that, meaning I'll end up putting off P5R.

On the good side of that is that the deal for P5R is on for a few weeks. And I might actually get Control next or THPS Remakes as well.

But in a strange twist of fate, I've been craving to play FIFA. What is going on with me?

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Unleashed is an old ass Sonic game...it can easily be on the Switch (same with Persona 5...most likely only Vanilla instead of R based on how Atlus doesn't seem to be able to deal with loading screens for it. Hopefully SMTV can change that)
I hate how Sega seemingly wants to forget that Unleashed happened. i love that game.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So shoot the demons until they die?

Got it.
Yep.

Also, try to stay moving (standing still generally leads to death in these games), and if you press the X or Y button (can't remember which), it brings up a map, which should give you a rough idea where hidden doors are or which areas you haven't been to yet.

Dutch Raikuna

OK,

Control
THPS Remakes
Persona Dancing Collection

Probably gonna get one of these tonight and then get P5 Royal when that sale is almost over.

Ideally I would get Atelier Ryza 1 but it's still £45 for a ****ing Switch Physical Copy which annoys me to hell.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Yep.

Also, try to stay moving (standing still generally leads to death in these games), and if you press the X or Y button (can't remember which), it brings up a map, which should give you a rough idea where hidden doors are or which areas you haven't been to yet.
Was referencing that meme, so it check out.

Also, thanks for the advices.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I hate how Sega seemingly wants to forget that Unleashed happened. i love that game.
Unleashed is the Sonic game that I'm probably THE MOST 50-50 on in the whole franchise.

Even with the frame issues, I LOVE the daytime stages. They're the boost formula utilized at its best out of all the console Sonic games imo and there is a lot of care placed into those stages, clearly.

Now, nighttime/werehog... while I don't dislike the night stages as much as the average person, I think they could've been executed better. While the werehog feels intuitive to control, his levels can drag a lot of the time... ESPECIALLY Eggmanland, the last stage in the game. I don't wanna talk about Eggmanland xD

Overall, Unleashed is ok... but just ok for me. It's a mid-tier game with some high highs, but also low lows. I would re-play it, but it would be a rental rather than a full purchase.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Dutch Raikuna

Ah...Ice Coffee.
1606764515443.png

I feel a bit more sane now. Not my pic but I tried to make some.

Not one for drinking that stuff hot.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Anyone here watch Billiam? His Scooby doo videos are great.
“Would you sell Government secrets for a Scooby Snack?”

“Look at these two and tell me they weren’t ****ing”

His videos are some of the funniest things I’ve seen. His channel in general is pretty great.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Episode 2 of Helluva Boss is coming out "In the next week or so. Maybe earlier, maybe later. I don't know, they don't tell me much, just expect it soon."

Sounds like at most two weeks to me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom