• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
If we're gonna go by GF's dev cycle, and assume that the next mainline games were made around the same time SwSh were being developed (as they normally are nowadays), + an extra year of dev time + possibly getting help from Nintendo since they moved into their office + more job openings + no longer having to create a lot of asset since they could just reuse from SwSh, I could assume that whatever's next won't be anywhere near as rough as base SwSh.

At the very least, we should probably be getting all the Mons back considering how fast they were to change their minds on Dexit.

Shroob

Sup?
You make a good point but any measures to ease development aren't going over well with Pokemon right now.
I mean though, they're the exact same room, just one's made of sprite art and the other is in a 3d space.

I have a hard time believing that they won't be 1:1 copies with potentially the only difference being the color to better mirror the original games.

Unless of course Gamefreak carries over their trademark incompetency like they did with Sun/Moon where instead of having just 1 Lily model, they made it so every map had a Lily model, which bloated the map size rofl.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I mean though, they're the exact same room, just one's made of sprite art and the other is in a 3d space.

I have a hard time believing that they won't be 1:1 copies with potentially the only difference being the color to better mirror the original games.

Unless of course Gamefreak carries over their trademark incompetency like they did with Sun/Moon where instead of having just 1 Lily model, they made it so every map had a Lily model, which bloated the map size rofl.
Only trolls would actually complain that the room is a recreation built from the ground up instead of an original design but I can just see people getting pissed off that the recreation would be made to be recycled in a Gen IV remake.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Only trolls would actually complain that the room is a recreation built from the ground up instead of an original design but I can just see people getting pissed off that the recreation would be made to be recycled in a Gen IV remake.
That's actual good game design though if they did reuse it with some minor touch ups.

They have no reason to get pissed.

Then again, Pokemon fans don't understand game development, so...

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I do not see what would go wrong with a Diamond and Pearl remake.

I mean they just take the whole thing and turn it 3D, and add a little more stuff like more secret routes and legendaries.

Shroob

Sup?

I mean they just take the whole thing and turn it 3D, and add a little more stuff like more secret routes and legendaries.
Well, not go 'wrong' per se

But if they don't fix the obnoxious amount of HM useage, where you pretty much need 2 HM slaves at all time.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

I mean from what I heard ORAS didn’t exactly hit the mark, as least as well as FRLG or HGSS

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

But if they don't fix the obnoxious amount of HM useage, where you pretty much need 2 HM slaves at all time.
I'm pretty sure HMs are a thing of the past considering they just deleted them come Gen 7, and then streamlined all of them in Gen 8.

The most I can see is making HMs regular TMs that have field abilities, but can be replaced with whatever you want whenever you want.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I'm bored, Im gonna calculate how many of each legendary I could get if I beat each Pokemon game I have (I have every main series game since Platinum, with the exeption of White 2, Ultra Sun, and Shield, and two copies of Soul Silver).

Kanto Legendary Birds: 7 of two of them, 6 of the remaining one (In X/Y you can only get one bird per save based on Starter)
Mewtwo: 6
Beasts: 7
Ho-Oh: 5
Lugia: 5
Hoenn Regis: 4
Latios: 5
Latias: 2
Groudon: 4
Kyogre: 3
Rayquaza: 7
Lake Trio: 6
Dialga: 3
Palkia: 4
Giratina: 5
Heatran: 4
Regigigas: 5 (I can't get the Sinnoh one because no Gen 3 games)
Crecelia: 6
Swords: 7
Tornadus: 3
Thundorus: 3
Landorus: 6
Reshiram: 3
Zekrom: 4
Kyurem: 6
Xerneas: 2
Yveltal: 2
Zygarde: 6 (technically more because you can get multiple dog Zygardes in the Alola games, I'm pretty sure)
Tapus/Type Null: 4
Cosmog: 4
Solgaleo: 2
Lunala: 2
Ultra Beasts: Infinite
Zamazenta: 0
Galar Regis/Horses: .5
Zacian/Eternatus/Kubfu/Galar Birds/Calyrex: 1

D

Deleted member

I thought they already fixed HMs in Sun and Moon by removing their travel usage.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

Theyll lower the difficulty slightly, removing all the fun from the game, and theyll remove the Battle frontier again.

Like what they did with ORAS, because as they themselves said "Kids prefer playing with smartphones so its not worth keeping all the side stuff"

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
The big issue with ORAS that people have is no Battle Frontier and it's easier (or people just aren't stupid anymore when it comes to strats), but it did give us the Delta Episode.
I’d like to see something similar to the Delta episode for a potential Sinnoh remake

Though I will say if they go through with them and have the gall to nerf Cynthia’s battle, I’m dropping the series altogether.

They definietly will at some point. No doubt about that.
I kinda feel like it’s overdue considering all the anime adaptations.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
The big issue with ORAS that people have is no Battle Frontier and it's easier (or people just aren't stupid anymore when it comes to strats), but it did give us the Delta Episode.
Ive compared the Hoenn region in both the originals and the remake extensively, its my favorite generation of all of the games, and from everything i can tell, the originals are in fact harder than the remakes, but not by much, its hard enough to add a bit more fun to the game but its still an entry level RPG at the end of the day. ORAS nerfed a lot of trainers from the original and buffed all of your Pokemon so the fights are in fact easier than before.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I’d like to see something similar to the Delta episode for a potential Sinnoh remake

Though I will say if they go through with them and have the gall to nerf Cynthia’s battle, I’m dropping the series altogether.

I kinda feel like it’s overdue considering all the anime adaptations.
Her battle has already been nerfed because of the big powecreep, and Fairy Types.

Remember, her Garchomp was her ace for a reason, and half of it was because of how broken Dragon was.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
View attachment 293330
ORAS was great, no matter how much people whine about the Battle Frontier.
ORAS was a good remake, but it wasn't a great remake. Even ignoring the Battle Frontier, it did cut some corners here and there, especially in regards to Emerald. For example, it didn't bring any of the improvements Emerald brought such as the Gym Roster updates (ex. Tate and Liza having more then two Pokemon, Wattson lacking his signature Manectric) or Gym Leader rematches. It didn't touch up on some of the other flaws that the games had such as HM usage being a bit much (not Sinnoh level though) and the Pokedex roster (until Gym 8 which opens up), and did have a couple of its own such as railroading at certain points. It did have some good additions such as Soaring and the improved story, but it could've done more to bring RSE up to the modern era.

By comparison, with HGSS it brought back all of the features from all three games, but also added on top of that. It added the Platinum Battle Frontier despite only needing the Tower from Crystal, brought back the Safari Zone that didn't make it into the originals and gave it a new feature, added the Pokeathlon, among other things. It did keep a flaw that should've been improved like ORAS (the leveling curve), but overall it felt like they tried to do more to add and improve the games.

Basically, ORAS just could've done more. They're not bad games by any means and are still good remakes in their own right, but compared to what other remakes have done for their games even within the franchise they just far short of what could've made them stellar.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Wasn't the voice acting a massive portion of the budget for Three Houses?
I wouldn’t be surprised considering how fantastic the acting for both sub and dub work is and how much of it was in the game.

Her battle has already been nerfed because of the big powecreep, and Fairy Types.

Remember, her Garchomp was her ace for a reason, and half of it was because of how broken Dragon was.
**** you’re right, maybe they could find a way to circumvent this?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Squid ink pasta is an actual thing.
Huh I have never heard of this.
And then pretended like Zinnia and her entire universe never existed

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Kawakami always reminds me of that one Fairly odd parents joke
"Your not supposed to be on those kinds of websites!"
"Thats my teacher."
"...Well it does make them look pretty."

Ive been using Tawna. I like her blue hair alt.

I want to get Spyro so i can use him
Timmy's Dad predicted the unplanned sexiness of Sadayo Kawakami long before Atlus even thought about a 5th Persona game
Let’s see, how does that one Van Halen song go again?
idk who that is but I read it as Val Hallen
Spider-Man memes works for anything
ORAS was good, it just wasn't on the same level as the other remakes.
Too Much Water
I wouldn’t be surprised considering how fantastic the acting for both sub and dub work is and how much of it was in the game.

makes you want all Nintendo games to be dubbed at this rate

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Up the level of Cynthia's Pokemon would be the most logical without throwing balance out the window.

Huh I have never heard of this.

And then pretended like Zinnia and her entire universe never existed
Zinnia got New Gen'd unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom