• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The one thing I'm worried about with difficulty in Sinnoh remakes is the new experience share, especially since you can't turn it off in Let's Go or Sword/Shield. If they copy/paste the levels of enemy pokemon instead of balancing the game around the exp.share that'll undermine a lot of the game's original difficulty.

But I've never been of fan of the modern exp share so what else is new?

On the other hand I found a lot of Sinnoh's early game difficult to be kind of arbitrary, at least from my last playthrough of Platinum. You generally don't have a ton of strategic options for the first couple gyms due to a lack of TMs and status moves, so while you do fight some strong pokemon it's just a matter of being strong enough it terms of levels or having enough potions. It's not an unfair challenge, but it is an uninteresting one. I think B/W and dare I say it Sun/Moon where much better about giving you options in the early game.

D

Deleted member

The one thing I'm worried about with difficulty in Sinnoh remakes is the new experience share, especially since you can't turn it off in Let's Go or Sword/Shield. If they copy/paste the levels of enemy pokemon instead of balancing the game around the exp.share that'll undermine a lot of the game's original difficulty.

But I've never been of fan of the modern exp share so what else is new?
We need different modes, like what they did in Black 2 and White 2.

Maybe turn on exp share in easy and normal, and for hard, exp share is banned?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Game Freak’s stance on kids really bugs me. Yes, kids can be “dumb,” but that’s because they’re just ignorant and may not have as much patience; they can still be really smart since they just need to learn. A lot of kids are able to handle some hard challenges just fine, like in older games and all that stuff, and giving them hard challenges can help them learn patience and help their mind when they overcome them, which would also make them really happy and satisfied, beating something they found hard.

So Masuda’s reason for why they scrapped Gen 4’s Arceus event and the company’s current stance on kids regarding the Battle Frontier and whatever? All absolute bullcrap (and the Arceus one is most-definitely bullcrap anyway since they did another event thing in Gen 5 and my silly self didn’t realize I could bring Celebi to a certain area for the Zorua stuff).

Though maybe it’s bullcrap anyway since they sometimes introduce things that contradict their reasons for removing something else (like the QoL stuff for helping your Pokémon be the best competitively; at least, I think that’s a good example, since what they say about other things makes this seem like something not worth adding in their eyes due to “kids won’t get it”).

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The issue with EXP share is that the wild and trainer Mons don't scale as well as they should. You're bound to be a couple levels higher is you just play through the game normally. The sole exception is the Crown Tundra where they just start throwing level 70s-80s like no tomorrow... assuming you didn't grind to level 90s-100.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Is this a meme in the Digimon community? I remember watching some Digimon videos on YT where the reviewer kept showing theirs off/complaining about the price. lol
Thats what im referencing lol

That statue looks great. And its expensive.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I know the games are no where near the caliber of their MSX counterparts, but I would really like it if the two NES Metal Gear games ended up on NES Online. I want to play them!

And if we ever get Game Boy/Game Boy Color on NSO, PLEASE put Ghost Babel on there! It's NEVER been re-released!

Or if you really want to make some cheap cash and rub things in Kojima's face, put out a Metal Gear Anniversary Collection! Metal Gear (MSX), Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, Metal Gear (NES), Snake's Revenge: Metal Gear 2, Metal Gear Solid, and Metal Gear: Ghost Babel for the "Metal Gear Anniversary Collection".

Then you can gouge the consumer for even more money by releasing the "Metal Gear Anniversary Collection 2" Capcom style with Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Solid 3, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, and Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops. Heck, throw in Rising while we're at it. Maybe even MGS4 (although I hear that there may be extensive technical issues on that one). You could even do five! That was such an early next gen title that it had a PS3/360 release!

All on Switch (and other modern platforms, but I want them on Switch).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Building a new commander deck

It's this stupid idiot combo
rograkh-and-kediss.jpg

truly peak red voltron: bring a couple small boys out, equip them with a bunch of ****, and punch someone everyone in the face. HARD. Gonna be a fun semi-budget brew from the looks of things. Bonus points because the commander(s) are cheap to cast so I don't need to worry about the late game where I normally have to spend tons of mana to recast my commander, especially when I have a few ways to just ignore commander tax via a few random jank picks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I just watched the Star Wars Holiday Special. I don't know why they thought this needed to be an hour and a half (it likely would have been two hours with commercials), why it needed to contain two separate instructional videos, why most of the special consisted of unsubtitled interactions between Wookies (I thought it was only the first fifteen minutes - it's a vast majority of the thing), why we needed to see what a Wookie's lewd fantasies are (in musical form), why this had five separate writers, or why it needed to exist in the first place.

Also, the cartoon that introduced Boba Fett and the Jefferson Starship song were cut out for copyright reasons. (though I found the cartoon later in a separate video)

Bea Arthur singing to a bunch of aliens (and a giant hamster) in a Tatooine cantina was the best part. (aside from the cartoon)

Thankfully, I watched it with my brother, so at least we could mock it most of the time.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I just watched the Star Wars Holiday Special. I don't know why they thought this needed to be an hour and a half (it likely would have been two hours with commercials), why it needed to contain two separate instructional videos, why most of the special consisted of unsubtitled interactions between Wookies (I thought it was only the first fifteen minutes - it's a vast majority of the thing), why we needed to see what a Wookie's lewd fantasies are (in musical form), why this had five separate writers, or why it needed to exist in the first place.

Also, the cartoon that introduced Boba Fett and the Jefferson Starship song were cut out for copyright reasons. (though I found the cartoon later in a separate video)

Bea Arthur singing to a bunch of aliens (and a giant hamster) in a Tatooine cantina was the best part. (aside from the cartoon)
Oh god dude...I'm...I'm so sorry you sat through that torture. How is it you're still alive? It's a miracle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom