• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
My take on what Marvel Vs. Capcom 4/Ultimate MVCI/whatever the next Mahvel game is called would be like...

mvc4.png

• Every character from Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 and Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite returns.
  • Some returning veterans from Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 and Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom, mostly to make up for there being more Marvel than Capcom characters...
    • Roll (Mega Man)
    • Soki (Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams)
    • Mega Man Volnutt (Mega Man Legends)
    • Batsu (Rival Schools)
    • Captain Commando
    • Hayato (Star Gladiator)
    • Cable (The New Mutants)
    • Psylocke (X-Men)
  • Several newcomers on top of that.
    • Rashid (Street Fighter V)
    • Asura (Asura's Wrath)
    • Palico (Monster Hunter)
    • Lady (Devil May Cry 3)
    • Nobunaga (Sengoku Basara)
    • Star-Lord (Guardians of the Galaxy)
    • Loki (Thor)
    • Green Goblin (Spider-Man)
    • Blade (Tomb of Dracula/Marvel Knights)
    • Mister Fantastic (Fantastic Four)
  • DLC would be mostly newcomers, with a few returning MVC2 veterans thrown in, including bosses from the previous game.
    • G (Street Fighter V)
    • Dan (Street Fighter Alpha)
    • Tessa (Red Earth)
    • Maki (Final Fight)
    • Simon Blackquill (Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies)
    • Demitri (Darkstalkers)
    • Leon (Resident Evil)
    • Nina (Breath of Fire)
    • Ruby Heart (Marvel vs. Capcom)
    • Abyss (Marvel vs. Capcom)
    • Cyclops (X-Men)
    • Juggernaut (X-Men)
    • Scarlet Witch (X-Men)
    • Luke Cage (Heroes for Hire/Defenders)
    • Punisher (Spider-Man/Marvel Knights)
    • Morbius (Spider-Man/Marvel Knights)
    • Man-Thing
    • Valkyrie (Thor)
    • Elsa Bloodstone (Avengers)
    • Apocalypse (X-Men)
  • ... yeah, if the artwork is any indication, this roster was a tad inspired by Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3... just a tad...
  • Story Mode - If I had to include a story mode, I'd keep things simple and just have it be a pseudo-adaptation of a pre-existing Marvel comic storyline, like Secret Wars 1984, Infinity Gauntlet, the Dark Phoenix Saga, or Secret Invasion, just with Capcom characters thrown into the mix.
  • Graphics - While I wouldn't mind going back to UMVC3's "comic book-y" look, I also wouldn't mind going for a middle ground, similar to how Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 looks.
  • Music - ... yeah, no, go back to UMVC3's varied music stylings. That game nailed the music for all its characters, including the newcomers. While Infinite had some pretty good tracks, its soundtrack as a whole is one of its weaker parts.
  • Gameplay - Seeing as Infinite's gameplay is considered the best part, I'd would keep it mostly the same, including the Infinity Stones mechanic, though I'd also add the option to pick a third character, for those who prefer UMVC3's three-on-three setup.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
My take on what Marvel Vs. Capcom 4/Ultimate MVCI/whatever the next Mahvel game is called would be like...

View attachment 293079
  • Every character from Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 and Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite returns.
  • Some returning veterans from Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 and Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom, mostly to make up for there being more Marvel than Capcom characters...
    • Roll (Mega Man)
    • Batsu (Rival Schools)
    • Captain Commando
    • Psylocke (X-Men)
    • Asura (Asura's Wrath)
    • Lady (Devil May Cry 3)
    • Loki (Thor)
  • DLC would be mostly newcomers, with a few returning MVC2 veterans thrown in, including bosses from the previous game.
    • G (Street Fighter V)
    • Tessa (Red Earth)
    • Maki (Final Fight)
    • Demitri (Darkstalkers)
    • Leon (Resident Evil)
    • Nina (Breath of Fire)
    • Cyclops (X-Men)
    • Juggernaut (X-Men)
    • Scarlet Witch (X-Men)
    • Man-Thing
    • Valkyrie (Thor)
    • Apocalypse (X-Men)
  • ... yeah, if the artwork is any indication, this roster was a tad inspired by Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3... just a tad...
  • Story Mode - If I had to include a story mode, I'd keep things simple and just have it be a pseudo-adaptation of a pre-existing Marvel comic storyline, like Secret Wars 1984, Infinity Gauntlet, the Dark Phoenix Saga, or Secret Invasion, just with Capcom characters thrown into the mix.
  • Graphics - While I wouldn't mind going back to UMVC3's "comic book-y" look, I also wouldn't mind going for a middle ground, similar to how Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 looks.
  • Music - ... yeah, no, go back to UMVC3's varied music stylings. That game nailed the music for all its characters, including the newcomers. While Infinite had some pretty good tracks, its soundtrack as a whole is one of its weaker parts.
  • Gameplay - Seeing as Infinite's gameplay is considered the best part, I'd would keep it mostly the same, including the Infinity Stones mechanic, though I'd also add the option to pick a third character, for those who prefer UMVC3's three-on-three setup.
Replace Volnutt with one of the RPG Megamen and it's golden.

I wish those guys would get crossover appearances.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Hear me out here.

Custom moves were done dirty - because they had a hell of a lot of potential.
For examples, as opposed to 'fireball, small fireball or big fireball' there's 35 years of powerups here. Ice flower? Hammer throw?
One of my personal favourite ideas was that the characters from fighting games would get the signature moves of other characters in their games.
RPG characters have no shortage of this (Picture Joker, for instance, being able to select other Persona with different effects, or Link being able to use the vast number of items in all his games, even if in BotW alone.)
Even characters like the Ice Climbers do have potential, with a little imagination.

The way I'd fix this? Ensure that 'classic sets' (1111) are competent alone, so we don't get a Sm4sh Palutena situation. I know that with so many characters, it would be way too difficult to feasibly distinguish these but, well, what do y'all think? Any ideas for this?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Hear me out here.

For examples, as opposed to 'fireball, small fireball or big fireball' there's 35 years of powerups here. Ice flower? Hammer throw?
One of my personal favourite ideas was that the characters from fighting games would get the signature moves of other characters in their games.
RPG characters have no shortage of this (Picture Joker, for instance, being able to select other Persona with different effects, or Link being able to use the vast number of items in all his games, even if in BotW alone.)
Even characters like the Ice Climbers do have potential, with a little imagination.

The way I'd fix this? Ensure that 'classic sets' (1111) are competent alone, so we don't get a Sm4sh Palutena situation. I know that with so many characters, it would be way too difficult to feasibly distinguish these but, well, what do y'all think? Any ideas for this?
Maybe they could work if it was reduced to one custom move per special instead of two.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Hear me out here.

Man Narukami should have been in smash 4.

The power of the wild card is perfect for custom moves.

D

Deleted member

Hear me out here.

The problem with custom moves is that it seems like it would take ages to develop very unique moves for all characters, especially with Ultimate's massive roster.

Last edited by a moderator:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Hear me out here.

They could definitely do more with them, but the problem is the sheer amount odf work required. Two, fully unique, custom imputs for each special for each fighter (counting Echoes and the 4 unrevealed DLC characters, but not counting the Miis, Megaman, and Palutena) means a total of 662 moves that must be fully modeled, animated, and balanced.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Man Narukami should have been in smash 4.

The power of the wild card is perfect for custom moves.
Heck yes! Truthfully, this remains true for any Persona rep. For instance, my original thought was that Joker would have Arsene usually, then one of his alternate moves gives him Jack Frost (obviously lol) and another would give him... Pyro Jack! No I'm afraid Mara probably won't be allowed in this 'children's game'

D

Deleted member

Honestly despite it having Smash in the name, I sometimes actually forget this is a Smash Bros forum sometimes.

I only come here to hang about with a few of yous 95% of the time. Other 5% is Smash hype season.
True. I have not played Smash in ages.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
This is just something I threw together in Powerpoint.

See, for a Neutral B, these are just two examples - the Super Ball (which would bounce off of walls and surfaces at a 90 degree angle) and the Hammer Toss (which, well, it's basically the Axe Throw of the Belmont boys.) For a Side-B, first was the Tanooki Suit which, I was thinking, would spin 360 degrees, not possess the turnaround property, and would reflect smaller projectiles. Otherwise is Builder Mario, who basically uses his hammer in a melee way, similar to Byleth's Down B. Up B also has a lot of options, so I went for the Wing Cap (basically works a little like Elytra) and Bee Mario from Galaxy, who would work a little like R.O.B's UpB. Last, for Down B, there's obviously F.L.U.D.D, but with the odd nature of it I decided to go for weirder moves - Tanooki Statue first, which is basically Kirby's Down B, and the B-Dasher which would work a lot like Wario's Bike, though takes a little longer to turn, and is a little faster.
1606681626771.png

I'm aware that there's a lot of problems with it from a realistic standpoint, but does anyone have any other ideas for other characters? Idk I just feel inspired lol

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Honestly despite it having Smash in the name, I sometimes actually forget this is a Smash Bros forum sometimes.

I only come here to hang about with a few of yous 95% of the time. Other 5% is Smash hype season.
I at least try to keep things relevant by sometimes talking about series I want to pop up in smash someday.

Like I keep bringing up my Digimon binge because I want Agumon as a playable fighter as unlikely as it is.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

View attachment 293079
    • Roll (Mega Man)
    • Batsu (Rival Schools)
    • Captain Commando
    • Psylocke (X-Men)
    • Asura (Asura's Wrath)
    • Lady (Devil May Cry 3)
    • Loki (Thor)
    • G (Street Fighter V)
    • Tessa (Red Earth)
    • Maki (Final Fight)
    • Demitri (Darkstalkers)
    • Leon (Resident Evil)
    • Nina (Breath of Fire)
    • Cyclops (X-Men)
    • Juggernaut (X-Men)
    • Scarlet Witch (X-Men)
    • Man-Thing
    • Valkyrie (Thor)
    • Apocalypse (X-Men)
Phoenix Wright, Amaterasu, Nemedis, Asura, Rocket and Apocalypse would be my mains.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
all an MvC roster needs is Wolverine and all 3 Spiders

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
After a long nice hike today at one of my local trails, I decided to take a nice soaking warm bath. Got rid of the coldness on my cold.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
xD Ok, this looks GREAT! :D Awesome job you got so far! Sorry I didn't reply to the last one you tagged me in, but I have been quite busy!
Oh no worries! Don't feel obliged to comment or like or anything, just wanted to show you. :)

(pats the pupper’s head)

Nice work dude!
Thanks! This was drawn by Croffeepot on Twitter, not me, though I did make concept art for em'.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Recently re-watched the first 13 episodes of this show...
aemh.png

If you have a Disney+ account, I highly recommend watching it. One of the best Marvel cartoons along with The Spectacular Spider-Man (and superhero cartoons in general), and it's a shame that Marvel animation afterwards more or less went downhill.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
View attachment 293100
If you have a Disney+ account, I highly recommend watching it. One of the best Marvel cartoons along with The Spectacular Spider-Man (and superhero cartoons in general), and it's a shame that Marvel animation afterwards more or less went downhill.
God this and Spectacular Spider-Man were SO good.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
View attachment 293100
This show (Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes) was great. It's actually what got me collecting physical comics (there was a Marvel Masterworks with the first ten issues of the Avengers, and I wanted to see how it compared to the show), and I got the whole series on Bluray after the show was taken down on Netflix.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Ibought Crash team racing on the PS4 today.

Now I feel bad that I missed the hype for this game completely because wow, this game is fun. Insanely fun.

The first character I unlocked was Tawna who I've been using all night.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Ibought Crash team racing on the PS4 today.

Now I feel bad that I missed the hype for this game completely because wow, this game is fun. Insanely fun.

The first character I unlocked was Tawna who I've been using all night.
Glad to hear you're liking it! They've got a ton of characters that were added through updates, though there are two characters that seem unnecessarily difficult to unlock - N. Tropy (where you literally have to master every single course in Time Trial mode) and this:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
God RWBY and the Mandalorian have really been helpful in cheering me up as this crapass year started coming to a close.

I'm caught up to RWBY Volume 8's 3rd episode, while I'm gonna watch the latest chapter of The Mandalorian's 2nd season tonight. I'm really looking forward to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom