• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Back when ultimate was about to come out, there was a song I listened to a lot. Listened to it again for the first time in a while, and it really started hitting me.

It’s over. We’re done, and they ended it in the most incredible way possible.

What a ****in ride, bros.
I already posted a Smash themed edit of Matt Smith's regeneration line from Doctor Who, but I'll do it again because it seems fitting:

I will not forget one line of this. Not one day. I swear. I will always remember when Smash was "Ultimate".

Think it about sums up how I feel. If I ever have kids, then this'll be a story I tell 'em, no matter how lame that sounds, lol.

Shroob

Sup?
It's finally complete.

Wallpaper
. Mural renders by ElevenZM.

I'll still be making cosmetic changes here and there, especially the mural background to make a better balance with the negative space, but I knew I'd overcomplicate it if I tried to include every unique character that premiered with Ultimate. And with the Deluxe artwork, I'm probably going to do that later as I can't open the large file without my computer exploding.
1633472757557.png

Skidaddle skacaper, it's now my wallpaper.

1633472809596.png

Noipoi

Howdy!
It's finally complete.

Wallpaper
. Mural renders by ElevenZM.

I'll still be making cosmetic changes here and there, especially the mural background to make a better balance with the negative space, but I knew I'd overcomplicate it if I tried to include every unique character that premiered with Ultimate. And with the Deluxe artwork, I'm probably going to do that later as I can't open the large file without my computer exploding.
Out of every character on the roster, Sora is the only one with a unique background color.

Cool tidbit.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Back from work. My friends are very ecstatic for Sora, they all had him as their #1.

That said, show me all of the salt I missed. I need my dose of sodium chloride. :secretkpop:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Out of every character on the roster, Sora is the only one with a unique background color.

Cool tidbit.
I think it's so fitting, not just for the character, but Sora is the standout character so it makes sense that in the official materials, Sora stands out. Though, that's also because we've seen so many fan mods and edits, characters like Ridley, Banjo & Kazooie, Steve, and Sora just look so surreal in the official game.

View attachment 333392

Skidaddle skacaper, it's now my wallpaper.

View attachment 333393
Glad you like it! I see it like I see Ultimate. Not perfect, rough around the edges, but amazing to look at and finally complete.

Last edited:

MooMew64

View attachment 333395

The **** are they mad for?
I honestly think given the nature of what NASB is, they're gonna get an influx of Scrimblos that will hail it as "What we really need!"

Plus, people on the internet still think tribalism is cool, especially if it's over video games, lol.

Last edited:

MooMew64

Also, three cheers for me not being insane in saying for literal years that Bayonetta "winning" that ballot was a coverup and scam. :239: At least we got the actual winner.
Honestly, it never sat right with me.

Couple in Sakurai's announcement of the real winner today with how early Bayo appeared in update data and yeah...

I MEAN NO OFFENSE TO THOSE WHO LIKE HER OR HER INCLUSSION BTW DON'T KILL ME :138:

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Honestly, it never sat right with me.

Couple in Sakurai's announcement of the real winner today with how early Bayo appeared in update data and yeah...

I MEAN NO OFFENSE TO THOSE WHO LIKE HER OR HER INCLUSSION BTW DON'T KILL ME :138:
Oh I agree, there's no malice for Bayo. But being proven right years later brings a smile to my face. :dr^_^: I deserve every right to say "I told you so".

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Also, three cheers for me not being insane in saying for literal years that Bayonetta "winning" that ballot was a coverup and scam. :239: At least we got the actual winner.
Honestly, I'm just curious as to what even brought em' to just go "Oh yeah Bayo won the ballot." But eh, at least we have the actual ballot winner now.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I always took it to mean Bayo won out over the actually possible characters. So she was character 27, and all the top picks were Shrek, Goku, Cory in the House, Barry B Benson, etc. She just so happened to be the first actual video game character on the list.

Guess I was wrong :drshrug:
They claimed she was like #2 in Europe tho. Like really? Bayo, and not the other older Kamiya creations?

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
It's probably an Obi-Wan level lie.

Bayo won from a certain point of view. She was realisable in that she was already going to be put in Smash.

Bit dumb that this would happen but with the end result of the Ballot being Smash Ultimate, I don't really care too much.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The crazy thing about Sora is that I only wanted him in because I played KH1 and only KH1 a lot when I was younger, and I guess I had some sort of weird nostalgia for him even though I barely made it past the Cerebus that clapped Cloud.

But he's still hype, imo the only reveal that would've topped him as the ender would be Steve simply because Minecraft.

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
I always took it to mean Bayo won out over the actually possible characters
Negotiating Sora would have taken a long time, it still doesn't contradict the "Bayo won out over the actually possible characters" thing

(I just think people got far too worked up over Bayo being chosen as the final newcomer in Smash 4, if a deal for Sora hadn't been worked out yet then Sakurai didn't exactly have that much control over the situation)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
2 tweets of sadness unless the other one decides not to show up

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So, regarding the Smash Ballot, the winners were (unordered):
  1. Sora (overall winner)
  2. Bayonetta (Smash 4 winner)
  3. K. Rool
  4. Ridley
  5. Simon
  6. Ricther
  7. Chrom
  8. Dark Samus
  9. Banjo
And I think that's about it for the winners, bit 9 is an odd number to leave off on. If I jad to guess, the picked the top 10, and I'm thinking the 10th spot would be Inkling.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
  1. Sora (overall winner)
  3. K. Rool
  4. Ridley
  5. Simon
  6. Ricther
  7. Chrom
  8. Dark Samus
  9. Banjo
And I think that's about it for the winners, bit 9 is an odd number to leave off on. If I jad to guess, the picked the top 10, and I'm thinking the 10th spot would be Inkling.
Wasn't Steve a pretty popular meme pick during the ballot?

MooMew64

Alright, I'm headin' out for now. See y'all Friday afternoon once I've had a small break from here: Just need it after how much I was on here the last two weeks, ha ha.

Noipoi Noipoi thank you again so much for the thumbnail, dude. It meant a ton to me, as I really, truly meant it when I said it perfectly captured how today makes me feel, ha ha.

Here's something I found as appreciation:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Taking a break from watching Spectre. Overall really good movie even if pretty long.

Also Dave Bautista is in it! Love that guy!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
  1. Sora (overall winner)
  3. K. Rool
  4. Ridley
  5. Simon
  6. Ricther
  7. Chrom
  8. Dark Samus
  9. Banjo
Don't forget Nintendo & Sakurai were about to barf at the sheer amount of Shrek and Cory Baxter votes they got.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Y’know, now that all is said and done… I just feel kinda melancholy. Don’t get me wrong, today was hype as hell, but… that’s all she wrote. We’ve come to the end of the line, and I’ve already seen some users jump ship. Does anyone else feel kind of lonely in that sense?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Maybe. I do know that Minecraft was in the "cringe" category at the time and Inkling had hella recency bias, bit it could very well be Steve
I unironically think that the same is currently applying to Fortnite. If it somehow stays alive for the next Smash, I think people will begin to take Jonesy more seriously because it isn't the hip popular thing you see on YouTube all the time associated with children. Among Us is suffering from that rn

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Back from work. My friends are very ecstatic for Sora, they all had him as their #1.

That said, show me all of the salt I missed. I need my dose of sodium chloride. :secretkpop:
Literally just go to 4chan. Their video game boards are mostly losing their **** in a bad way.

AKA the funny as **** way

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
I always took it to mean Bayo won out over the actually possible characters. So she was character 27, and all the top picks were Shrek, Goku, Cory in the House, Barry B Benson, etc. She just so happened to be the first actual video game character on the list.

Guess I was wrong :drshrug:
Wait your telling me there was a chance for Cory in the house To be in smash by fan voting and it wasn’t taken?!

Sakurai failed me

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom