• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Sure is quiet around here. I guess everyone’s tuckered out from the excitement.
I'm looking at Nick All-Stars footage since it's out.
I... honestly don't know how y'all enjoy this. :096: So much jank like I predicted. So much unpolished, like I also predicted.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I... honestly don't know how y'all enjoy this. :096: So much jank like I predicted. So much unpolished, like I also predicted.
Saw a clip of a guy duying at 11% because he wiffed a dash attack. He didn't get caught in some massive combo, he just... died to an aerial and a strong attack like that.

Not fun imo

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
That's what happens when a company decides to lend their game concept to a low-budget gaming company.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Saw a clip of a guy duying at 11% because he wiffed a dash attack. He didn't get caught in some massive combo, he just... died to an aerial and a strong attack like that.

Not fun imo
I wanna see Smash content but all I see is hyped-up Nick All-Stars shill content from everyone with headlines like THE SMASH BROS KILLER like yeah sure thing buddy, killing your ****ing viewerbase that's for sure.

I think they know it's ass and now they're having their cake and eating it too by having to commit to it.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I wanna see Smash content but all I see is hyped-up Nick All-Stars shill content from everyone with headlines like THE SMASH BROS KILLER like yeah sure thing buddy, killing your ****ing viewerbase that's for sure.
People are only saying that because of better rollback. As if that's more than enough to make it a "Smash killer".

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

I think they know it's ass and now they're having their cake and eating it too by having to commit to it.
I'm honestly more pissed at Nick not giving them proper time and budget to iron things out. Because I see a genuinely fun game under all of the jank.
People are only saying that because of better rollback. As if that's more than enough to make it a "Smash killer".
It is

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Dawg, SlapCity looks more polished than All-Stars. I hope this is just a case of not having enough budget or time, because as cool as it is being an actual attempt at another platformer crossover fighter, it just isn't coming through.

It needs some For the Grid-type of remastering in a future update for it to be saved imo.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Despite the lackluster roster, poor quality graphics. How soulless it looks. How buggy it looks.

Ultimate: A game that is a culmination and making of two decades with five games of what is the biggest crossover known with the most iconic and recognizable video game characters known including 3rd parties

Nick All-Stars Brawl: A low-budgeted game that was created by a low-budget game company which Nick only gave limited money to.

Sure...Let's talk when this supposed start of a fighting game series gets as big of a budget as Smash.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Despite the lackluster roster, poor quality graphics. How soulless it looks. How buggy it looks.

Ultimate: A game that is a culmination and making of two decades with five games of what is the biggest crossover known with the most iconic and recognizable video game characters known including 3rd parties

Nick All-Stars Brawl: A low-budgeted game that was created by a low-budget game company which Nick only gave limited money to.

Sure...Let's talk when this supposed start of a fighting game series gets as big of a budget as Smash.
Rollback actually goes a long way. But we're near the end of Ultimate's life, I don't think many people are going to be hanging onto the online for long. I give it a month tops after Sora's release before we see a drastic decrease in online playerbase.

Nick All-Stars is a natural place to move on to from Smash, but it isn't exactly a good place to move on to.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Rollback actually goes a long way. But we're near the end of Ultimate's life, I don't think many people are going to be hanging onto the online for long. I give it a month tops after Sora's release before we see a drastic decrease in online playerbase.

Nick All-Stars is a natural place to move on to from Smash, but it isn't exactly a good place to move on to.
This is how Rivals wins

Shroob

Sup?

Smash absolutely has more polish and love

But the online is butts, and while you'll absolutely be able to find games years later, look at Smash 4, rollback netcode goes a looooooooong way.

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
Look, I'm not a big Kingdom Hearts fan -the story is a dumpster fire and the characters cry WAY TOO MUCH, but I digress...-but I will say this about the series, the music is amazing, like it is for most JRPGS, and Sora does look he'll be a blast to play as, and his stage is just gorgeous. And with this wrapping up Ultimate, I have to salute Sakurai-san and his team for what they managed to achieve (they've been working on Smash for the better part of a decade (Smash WIIU and 3DS and now Ultimate,-and managed to complete Ultimate in the midst of an Apocalyptic pandemic and the circumstances that came with that, that itself is incredible- so maybe they can work on something else for a change...after they've taken their well earned rest. Is Ultimate perfect? Of course it isn't. For me the inclusions of Min Min, Byleth and Pyra/Mythra were questionable (would've preferred D.VA, Aloy, Thrall or Lara Croft), and the online stuff has been a total mess, but I can't and won't let that take away from what Sakurai-san and his team managed to accomplish, in the midst of terrible circumstances no less.
Thank you Sakurai! Arigato!

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
They finna reveal Rivals 2 on Switch?
Tomorrow
Smash absolutely has more polish and love

But the online is butts, and while you'll absolutely be able to find games years later, look at Smash 4, rollback netcode goes a looooooooong way.
Smash 4 online is just people who really miss Smash 4 Cloud and Bayo.

Don't go there

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Like really if Nick actually wanted to compete and have a chance with Smash, they would have given the game concept to a higher budget gaming company and more permission to use any of their characters (Since I recall from someone Nick was hesitant letting them use some like Oblina, Nigel, and Lucy).

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Like really if Nick actually wanted to compete and have a chance with Smash, they would have given the game concept to a higher budget gaming company and more permission to use any of their characters (Since I recall from someone Nick was hesitant letting them use some like Oblina, Nigel, and Lucy).
Ever consisered that maybe they didn't want to compete with Smash, and instead do their own thing?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Ever consisered that maybe they didn't want to compete with Smash, and instead do their own thing?
It's definitely their own thing with like, 95% inspiration from Smash. :4pacman: Someone's got something in their moveset ripped straight outta Smash.

It just makes it very hard to not compare it to Smash.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well whatever the case, everyone has a right to enjoy one thing more then the other if they want regardless of what it is so I'll just leave it as that and agree to disagree.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
As true as that is, can't you attribute that to a lot of platform fighters? Maybe not 95%, but Smash is the blueprint.
It isn't the core gameplay, it's the moveset man.

Korra stomps once, "Oh **** they got a Ganon stomp?".
Oblina shoots out whatever those projectiles are supposed to be, "Oh **** they got Diddy gun?".
Zim's got that spike down smash. "Oh **** they got the Bayo stomp?"
Lincoln got a Walk the Dog? ****, it might as well be a dog learning that trick from Ness.
You don't even need me to talk about Nigel, I could just post the HBox pog.

It's so hard to not compare it and have it in the back of my head all the time.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Now we need Nick vs. CN.

Marvel vs. Capcom gameplay style.

But in the hands of a high-budget company and a roster worth jack.

Imagine the sales such a game would get. It'd sell like hotcakes especially from nostalgic fans of the 90s when there was a rivalry between the two.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It isn't the core gameplay, it's the moveset man.

Korra stomps once, "Oh **** they got a Ganon stomp?".
Oblina shoots out whatever those projectiles are supposed to be, "Oh **** they got Diddy gun?".
Zim's got that spike down smash. "Oh **** they got the Bayo stomp?"
Lincoln got a Walk the Dog? ****, it might as well be a dog learning that trick from Ness.
You don't even need me to talk about Nigel, I could just post the HBox pog.

It's so hard to not compare it and have it in the back of my head all the time.
I think Smash got ya in a stranglehold.

But then again, you can only do so many unique attacks before you have to reuse.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Freeing up the cache doesn't show me the Sora emote.

EDIT: NEVERMIND:ultsora:

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Well, Sora's icon is up, but uh

Seems like a couple are now missing
Sorry bro it'll take fifteen months to fix.

In the meantime, here's a Day 1 Doomguy Mii emote to show where our priorities are. :4pacman: I'm still salty about the Terry-Sans thing

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If we’re talking canonical power, I’m pretty sure Sephiroth and the Aegis’ could all of wipe pass 1 themselves.
Are we talking Smash wise or canon wise?

Because if Smash wise, FP2 is busted busted, but if canonical power... FP2 still wins by mile. Optimal survival Steve alone washes 99% of the roster.
To be fair,

Byletth is a good, and if we want to get technical, there’s two Byletth’s. They could probably rival Sephiroth and the Aeigis.

Also Steve ain’t **** if Joker Griefs his stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom