• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
What were they trying to make them do before? Kill each other?

Oh right
and this came after Link/Cloud had their non canon fight (and I guess DK vs Knuckles can count since the latter is an AT character)…starting to think Death Battle could low key start predicting more Smash battles occurring

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Sora impressions:

I should start by saying that I've never played any Kingdom Hearts games, although I do know a little bit about the series. Although I have been interested in playing the series, but just never had a chance to get into it, I've been really big on the Disney stuff when I was younger. I'm honestly super hyped for this character, despite never playing his games. He was definitely appropriate for a final pick and the reveal was a nice tie-in to the first Smash trailer 3 years ago. And he looks pretty fun to play, he seems to have a relatively straightforward moveset with nothing too gimmicky, he also seems to have some really strong offstage presence since his recovery looks ridiculous. Hollowbastion looks beautiful as well. Unfamiliar with the music but they sound really good regardless.

Also Doomguy mii costume lol Wish we would've gotten music with it though. But its insane to think that we got Fallout, Elder Scrolls and Doom content in Smash! Although it's insane to think about so may series being in Smash to begin with let alone Bethesda stuff.

Also gonna say right at the beginning of the trailer there was gregorian like chants for the smash theme and I thought it was the Halo theme and had a mini heart attack lol

----

Also unrelated to smash:

Who's got two thumbs and secured himself a pre-order of the Metroid Dread Special Edition?

Apparently I had it for a while and was expecting EBGames to call me when they were available but they just automatically upgraded my pre-order to the special edition anyways, so...I'm gonna ask ONE LAST TIME!!!!

IS IT FRIKKING OCT 8TH YET!!?!?!?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Alright just in time and ready for No Time To Die! Finished all four Daniel Craig James Bond films and now caught up.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Ive been looking at the trailer obssessively for most of the day.

I love how there's no funny, no inside jokes or gags. Just the Nintendo heroes earnestly celebrating meeting with the impossible newcomer for smash. And Sora in his typical happy go lucky attitude flying around, making new friends and reuniting with a old one he hasnt seen in a long while.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Here's a fun challenge for y'all.

For both Sony, Nick and CN. Think of a roster as big as Ultimates if their Smash clones were to eventually have as big of a roster as it.

And...GO!

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Got my schedule for the 18th

Am working that day, but I'll be off by the usual time characters drop, so looks I'll be there to experience Sora asap.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The characters on pass one are fighting the characters on pass 2.

Whose cleaning house?
Joker is like the only thing in FP1 standing up to anyone in FP2. And FP2 only has Min Min as an outlier. :239:All the JRPG ones (and also Sora) wipe 'em down.

It also depends on which Hero you're using, but realistically I think people highball all of the Heroes. People be saying Luminary is like faster than light or something like that dude wasn't struggling to outrun horses at the start of the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Z25

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I ain’t even gonna cap…**** Lincoln (after using him that is)

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Joker is like the only thing in FP1 standing up to anyone in FP2. And FP2 only has Min Min as an outlier. :239:All the JRPG ones (and also Sora) wipe 'em down.

It also depends on which Hero you're using, but realistically I think people highball all of the Heroes. People be saying Luminary is like faster than light or something like that dude wasn't struggling to outrun horses at the start of the game.
If Joker were allowed to use his strongest Persona's he would wipe out most of FP2. Probably not all but most.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If Joker were allowed to use his strongest Persona's he would wipe out most of FP2. Probably not all but most.
Not while Pyra and Sephiroth be chillin. Sephiroth may not have insane battle power compared to endgame Joker but he's got some devious abilities.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

It all came full circle.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So uh, I guess here's a my reactions based from memory:
  • Trying not to scream because my roomates were sleeping in the other room- Steve
  • Holy **** it's Sora! Sora's Real!: Sora
  • Sephiroth?!- Sephiroth
  • Heihachi? No, that's... Kazuya- Kazuya
  • Let's Go Min-Min... oh, she looks lame as ****-Min Min before and after her gameplay
  • That's not Banjo! - Hero
  • Steve's gotta be there, he's gonna mine the rock K. Rool's under, right? - Banjo at the end of his
  • Man this **** SUCKS -Pyra
  • It's Fire Emblem 😐 - Byleth
  • What the ****?! - Joker
  • Uncontrollable laughter - Plant
  • Oh, he looks cool - Terry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom