• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna

I really like the character in the avatar. Who are they?
That's Rin from Laid Back Camp.

1606490368758.png

One of my favourite characters in anime, period. She's generally a quiet person who likes to be alone at times but I love her personality and the show gives off that message of "sometimes, it's ok to do things alone."

D

Deleted member

One of my favourite characters in anime, period. She's generally a quiet person who likes to be alone at times but I love her personality and the show gives off that message of "sometimes, it's ok to do things alone."
Based character, I must say.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
While we are on the subject on anime games. FF9 is a pretty damn good game I must say. All the characters are fleshed out, plot twists around every corner, it just makes me hungry for more. Your reward for beating the boss or enemies is that you get to see the next part of the story through beautiful FMV cutscenes, they still impress me, even today. One moment, you're at Alexandria Castle, awaiting Garnet's coronation as Queen Garnet Alexandrios XVII and then the next minute, Eiko and Zidane save her from impending doom brought on by Garland as he betrays Kuja and destroys the eidolon Eiko and Dagger summoned in the process.

Ivander

Smash Legend
The first thing that comes to mind when someone mentions the whole big sister anime "gag" is Camilla from Fates.

Also, is it more of a creator, or fan issue?
A mix of both, and sometimes company influence as well. The fans really dig into that and really encourage it by how much attention the character gets, but there are some creators who also genuinely enjoy the trope. But it's mainly the fans who really encourage it, cause if the characters' weren't getting attention by the fans, the artists/creators would be less compelled to make them.
But besides them, the higher-ups in companies can also influence creators/artists to do things as well. And it's really mentioned with Grand Order, where some characters' designs were influenced by the two major higher-ups. The biggest example being Ushiwakamaru, where her artist created her fully armored and clothed, yet she got her very unclothed version because one of the higher-ups said, "Give her alot less."

LAA9000

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
JUST#956
3DS FC
0361-9069-2936
Switch FC
SW-5393-4946-0209
Guys. I hate to say this. But I made a grave mistake. And I have to apologise for it.

See, in my previous post, I posted 'Earthbound', as a satirical reference to the 1994 SNES game EarthBound. What I did not realise at the time was that I capitalised the title incorrectly as 'Earthbound', neglecting the capital B in the 6th letter spot.

I am fully aware that this may - no, will - have upset you, and so I deeply apologise for my actions. I am especially sorry towards the letter B that I did a disservice toward by not appreciating its higher societal status as a capital letter. I am not asking for any kind of forgiveness, I am simply asking you to read this and move on with your lives.

May you all lead happy, healthy lives. My time for redemption is up. I will be here, watching, accepting all punishment for my sins.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Guys. I hate to say this. But I made a grave mistake. And I have to apologize for it.

See, in my previous post, I posted 'Earthbound', as a satirical reference to the 1994 SNES game EarthBound. What I did not realize at the time was that I capitalized the title incorrectly as 'Earthbound', neglecting the capital B in the 6th letter spot.

I am fully aware that this may - no, will - have upset you, and so I deeply apologize for my actions. I am especially sorry towards the letter B that I did a disservice toward by not appreciating its higher societal status as a capital letter. I am not asking for any kind of forgiveness, I am simply asking you to read this and move on with your lives.

May you all lead happy, healthy lives. My time for redemption is up. I will be here, watching, accepting all punishment for my sins.
And I've just turned the quote from British English into American English. Therefore, I "americanized" it.

D

Deleted member

Does my behavior seem... Trollish? I remember someone on a server that I was banned from made an accusation I was a troll, and it kind of stung.

Okay, I see. Thank you.
The way you type certainly doesn't help, but I wouldn't exactly label you as a troll. A bit misguided yes but certainly not a troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom