• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Disliked anime tropes? You take a character who gets little attention, comics, artwork, etc.

You then make them older(a SFW saying for giving a character bigger breasts) and have them ask you to refer to them as "onee-san".
All of the sudden, they are frickin' popular and have a ton more artwork than their normal version, despite the fact that they are still mostly the same character personality-wise aside from being a bit more "mature". And the same applies to Saber and her frickin' Lancer versions(the only difference being that normal Saber is still pretty popular mainstream-wise and gets attention regardless, but the Lancer versions still get so much attention just for having bigger boobs and being "mature/onee-san").
God, I hate the "onee-san" trope so much. Not just with being an older woman, but just the frickin' obsession and sometimes pseudo-incest or sometimes wanting to be referred to as "big sister" deal. It's so frickin' prevalent. And for every one that has a decent character, there's like 10 or more that just show nothing but obsession and/or crazy. Or sometimes they have potential to be a decent character, but most of it gets wasted on the obsession and/or crazy. And it especially sucks when a good character gets turned into one of them for fanservice-sake. And yet it's them who very often get most of the attention compared to the good characters or sometimes their previous form that was an okay character.
And I'll be honest, the bigger boobs bit is still probably one of the worst parts of looking at artwork. How most people feel the need to make a character's breasts bigger, sometimes to the point where they look like giant inflated balloons, very unrealistic and just frickin' ugly. Combine that with the above and it becomes a nightmare. I have a deal with the fact that there is a Pokemon character without a name, heck, not even an NPC class, and exclusive to the anime that has more attention than most of the main-game female characters. And the worst part is, their breast size isn't even known or may even be flat in canon, and yet just because she's a mother character, she automatically gets huge breasts. Man, I hate fanbases sometimes.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Disliked anime tropes? You take a character who gets little attention, comics, artwork, etc.

You then make them older(a SFW saying for giving a character bigger breasts) and have them ask you to refer to them as "onee-san".
All of the sudden, they are frickin' popular and have a ton more artwork than their normal version, despite the fact that they are still mostly the same character personality-wise aside from being a bit more "mature". And the same applies to Saber and her frickin' Lancer versions(the only difference being that normal Saber is still pretty popular mainstream-wise and gets attention regardless, but the Lancer versions still get so much attention just for having bigger boobs and being "mature/onee-san").
God, I hate the "onee-san" trope so much. Not just with being an older woman, but just the frickin' obsession and sometimes pseudo-incest or sometimes wanting to be referred to as "big sister" deal. It's so frickin' prevalent. And for every one that has a decent character, there's like 10 or more that just show nothing but obsession and/or crazy. Or sometimes they have potential to be a decent character, but most of it gets wasted on the obsession and/or crazy. And it especially sucks when a good character gets turned into one of them for fanservice-sake. And yet it's them who very often get most of the attention compared to the good characters or sometimes their previous form that was an okay character.
And I'll be honest, the bigger boobs bit is still probably one of the worst parts of looking at artwork. How most people feel the need to make a character's breasts bigger, sometimes to the point where they look like giant inflated balloons, very unrealistic and just frickin' ugly. Combine that with the above and it becomes a nightmare. I have a deal with the fact that there is a Pokemon character without a name, heck, not even an NPC class, and exclusive to the anime that has more attention than most of the main-game female characters. And the worst part is, their breast size isn't even known or may even be flat in canon, and yet just because she's a mother character, she automatically gets huge breasts. Man, I hate fanbases sometimes.
The first thing that comes to mind when someone mentions the whole big sister anime "gag" is Camilla from Fates.

Also, is it more of a creator, or fan issue?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

There. Was able to finish a quick custom card. Low scale is intentional, since it has a strong effect on its own. The next card intended is called Linkendulum, which I might also make a Pendulum monster. That or possibly make it a remake of another one of Bandit Keith's cards? Maybe Slot Machine. Overall, the second monster has down-left, down, and down-right arrows, while requiring 2+ Monsters including a Pendulum. The synergy is that it allows you to Pendulum summon once more that turn(when it's Link summoned, mind you), to its Link arrows, but it negates the monsters linked to it(including cards with the same name). Hence the name, Linkendulum. Lots of Work In Progress here, though.

And finished the other one. I dunno if this works well, but, here we are. Worth noting I feel making it a Pendulum works well, but it also has awful scales for that. If you summon it to any other zone but the Extra Monster Zone, it's awful. On the other hand, you it still has great Link Arrows otherwise.

For those who didn't notice, I forgot a lot of words. Pendulum/Link, etc. They're in order of how you summon it for the second card, since it has to be Link Summoned first to be even face-up in the Extra Deck. Note that you can still let it go to the ED if you don't want it in your Pendulum Zone. No matter what, it has some negative effects, but has great arrows and a great scale in return for those. But it's not like you can't summon strong monsters. Also, yes, it can have a scale of 20 thanks to the first card... but why would you need that, heh.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Jeez, that took forever to fix Slot Machine, Avatar of Linkendulums. Main reason being it has no level, combined with a poorly worded "scale" thing. It previously said "Monsters Pendulum Summoned using this card's scale cannot activate their effects the turn they are Pendulum Summoned". That's not how it works. A scale doesn't get "used". It's far more wordy, but it should be more accurate for both. Now to figure out effects for a variant on Barrel Dragon and Zera the Mant at least. Possibly more. I feel having a decent amount of monsters works best, for an archtype anyway. We do already have Ritual Pendulums too. Same with Fusion, Xyz, etc. I'll have to check if any of his monsters had an Xyz counterpart too. Since that'll give an option.

Shroob

Sup?
THREE CAWS FOR THE CROW KING, SAKURAI. DO NOT CRUT YOUR BLONDES IN THE BODY! THE BODY IS MADE TO LIVE AND BE LIVED IN! WE ARE BURIED INSIDE THE BODY! TOUCH US SELDOM IF EVER. THIS IS NOT A SACRED PLACE. NOTHING BUT CRUT HERE. WE EAT THE BONE TO TASTE THE MEAT.

PK FIRE.
Calm down Leffen bot

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I watch anime sporadically.

Right now I've been watching Laid Back Camp here and there (five more episodes left, I think) since my buddy Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna is fond of it. Pretty fun and wholesome stuff, although not something I can binge and it's a little too "moe" for my tastes.
Dude you gave me a smile on my face from being called buddy. I can understand it being a bit too moe but it's always been my kinda thing as I've always liked "Laid Back", slow anime. Kinda the stuff you need in the world at times.

I think you have enough free time based on how long you spend here.

Get to it.
Someone ring the damn bell!

OK, at least I know have too much free time but that'll change come January.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Can we have a Pokémon game without some sort of international criminal organization the 10-year-old protagonist has to take down starting with it’s leader?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Dude you gave me a smile on my face from being called buddy. I can understand it being a bit too moe but it's always been my kinda thing as I've always liked "Laid Back", slow anime. Kinda the stuff you need in the world at times.
Of course I consider you one of my closest pals on here.

Regarding Laid Back Camp, it's a great anime to put on a couple of episodes and unwind with after a stressful day. I also don't find it to be unbearably moe, otherwise I would've dropped it by now lol. I'll definitely be watching the second season when it airs.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The first thing that comes to mind when someone mentions the whole big sister anime "gag" is Camilla from Fates.

Also, is it more of a creator, or fan issue?
Both tbh.

Some people find the pseudo-incest big boobs older sister trope hot for whatever reason, so the creators put that into their creation. For money purposes. Or because they enjoy that too.

Most people who enjoy that trope don't have siblings themselves, and it shows.

D

Deleted member

Since I see we're still on the topic of anime, wanna talk about our favorite openings?

here's mine:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Oh actually on Anime OPs have found another one I like but I always forget it. Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story.

I did almost finish the original but got side tracked by stuff last year. The spin off probably has some of my favourite background art.

D

Deleted member

Today I learned that an enemy called Twerkey exists... in a Nintendo game... rated E for everyone. I do not know what to do with this information.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh actually on Anime OPs have found another one I like but I always forget it. Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story.

I did almost finish the original but got side tracked by stuff last year. The spin off probably has some of my favourite background art.
I have a question. Are the two characters in the thumbnail lesbians?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Does my behavior seem... Trollish? I remember someone on a server that I was banned from made an accusation I was a troll, and it kind of stung.
It's the same person, part of the "my magical girl self" thing.
Okay, I see. Thank you.

KillerCage

Smash Master

Have you seen this anime by any chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom