• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
What kind of monster buys consoles and sells them for TRIPLE the price???
Assholes dude, assholes.

I've a serious dislike for scalpers and never considered good at all. More being a **** to get money and taking it away from others.

"Oh new product? Let's buy 20 of them!"

If you can buy five PS5s or something like that then you should spend that money on something useful instead of profit.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Alright, I died again & again while he had 1 hp.

Time to quit this mortal shell.
I am so genuinely sorry to hear that, I feel your pain.
Even though I wasn't able to purchase a Playstation 5 on day one, I've seen several scalpers on eBay putting the console up for almost double or triple the price amount which is ridiculous.
EBay being EBay...
Seriously, that is just dumb.
Like, I remember seeing some Mario game that was roughly a HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS.
Could be wrong, as my memory is pretty fuzzy with stuff like this, but still.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Seriously just put the scalpers through the process of de-c**terization of buying them all up.

Like if you can buy a few PS5s or Xboxes or whatever with a month salary then you must be in a place where you don't need to do it.

Remember the Amiibo shortage years ago as well? That was bad and my first taste of something like that. Obviously price difference but you know what I mean.

Really, scalpers do my head in like mad.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Like, I remember seeing some Mario game that was roughly a HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS.
Could be wrong, as my memory is pretty fuzzy with stuff like this, but still.
I mean if it's like an original Mario NES cart in a mint condition, unopened box, I could maybe see that being the price for collectors... although that's still a bit much.

If it's like a recent game then yeah, **** em

D

Deleted member

I really, really hate it when I worry over the silliest things, but my mind bashes them in further.

For example, I very clearly remember pretty awful things I have done, even if they were years ago. Why does my brain like to tease me like this?

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Please check out my new MvC5 concept. I know I've done this roster hundreds of times, but I think I've really got something with this one.
Many good picks, but I think there's a few too many cases of characters who can fight on their own being put with other characters.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I really, really hate it when I worry over the silliest things, but my mind bashes them in further.

For example, I very clearly remember pretty awful things I have done, even if they were years ago. Why does my brain like to tease me like this?
I do feel the same way a lot of times, except it is for both the small and big things I have done long ago.

Either way, I know how you feel.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Well, the central newcomer discussion thread has gotten a tad heated for reasons I’m not gonna list, so I’m just gonna hunker down here.
Happy Black Friday, y’all.
We do get insane here due to dumb stuff posted here.
We love the chaos and I'm sure you would love it too.
I need more power Padoru
Welcome to the party, fellow brother.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Real homies right here.
Homies energy is needed when all the energy in your body got drained by ****ing RNG.

Like if there wasn't as much choas with Nightmare Final Core, I would have won, mutliples times.

But **** the player I guess.

Anyway, i'm going to sleep grumpily, see ya all next time.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Many good picks, but I think there's a few too many cases of characters who can fight on their own being put with other characters.
I can understand that outlook. I was trying to pack in as many as possible is all. Plus, once I came up with the gimmick of swapping in and out for Guy, Cody, and Haggar, I didn’t want to do just one.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Homies energy is needed when all the energy in your body got drained by ****ing RNG.

Like if there wasn't as much choas with Nightmare Final Core, I would have won, mutliples times.

You'll whoop his ass next time, fam.

Don't believe in yourself. Believe in the me that believes in you!

D

Deleted member

Wish you the best of luck and power on the boss!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

I get the same way - my mistakes tend to stay in my thoughts much easier than my successes do. (I did pretty well in school, but the main things that I remember about elementary school were the few times that I got in trouble, or the time where I lost a spelling bee because I misspelled the word "pigeon" due to Pokemon - the fact that I can remember the specific word, and why I got it wrong, but not any specific details of the assignments that I did well on seems pretty telling)

Apparently it's due to some sort of evolutionary instinct - I'd get it if it was just life-threatening situations stuck out more, but it's pretty annoying when it's little stuff like this.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What is with the Marvel vs Capcom discussion being so relevant recently?

Is Marvel vs Capcom getting a new game?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Behold, roughly what Marvel vs. Capcom Ultimate would look like!

It looks kind of ridiculous, but I don't think I forgot anyone. (I left out Norimaro, since he's not a Marvel or Capcom character) The second Wolverine on the bottom is Bone Claw Wolverine, who is an absolutely crucial part of this roster. (I think the only reason why he's in there, along with Galactus, was to make the two rosters even - I probably could have included MvC3 Jill Valentine, given how wildly different her gameplay is, or Cyber Akuma, but then I'd have to add Apocalypse or someone like that to make up the difference)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Behold, roughly what Marvel vs. Capcom Ultimate would look like!

It looks kind of ridiculous, but I don't think I forgot anyone. (I left out Norimaro, since he's not a Marvel or Capcom character) The second Wolverine on the bottom is Bone Claw Wolverine, who is an absolutely crucial part of this roster. (I think the only reason why he's in there, along with Galactus, was to make the two rosters even - I probably could have included MvC3 Jill Valentine, given how wildly different her gameplay is, or Cyber Akuma, but then I'd have to add Apocalypse or someone like that to make up the difference)
1606523043090.png

Wow, I cannot believe Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles made it to Marvel vs Capcom! Shulk is quite different from what I imagined, though.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
so... anybody got an overall honest opinion on the character known as Carol Danvers
My opinion: bland.

Larson's a decent actress, so for her character to be unappealing is wasted potential. The wasted potential is due to the Captain Marvel script requiring the character to hide her emotions. When characters are required to hide their emotions, the potential is risen to make them blander. This, unfortunately, happened with Larson's character.

Brie Larson's a good actress, and they should've written her character in a slightly different direction so her acting talents wouldn't be wasted.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
My opinion: bland.

Larson's a decent actress, so for her character to be unappealing is wasted potential. The wasted potential is due to the Captain Marvel script requiring the character to hide her emotions. When characters are required to hide their emotions, the potential is risen to make them blander. This, unfortunately, happened with Larson's character.

Brie Larson's a good actress, and they should've written her character in a slightly different direction so her acting talents wouldn't be wasted.
I meant Carol Danvers overall (comics, games, TV, other thingies), not just the MCU, but at least your take on her MCU iteration is interesting to read (and maybe it'll change once the 2nd is out)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's pretty interesting to read about all the Pokemon episodes that were cut from the dubbing process for one reason or another(especially the infamous EP:038, aka the Porygon episode)

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Person: Do you play any JRPGs?
Person 2: Yeah, Final Fantasy, Mario and Luigi, you know.
Person: Ever heard of Xenoblade Chronicles?
Person 2: What's that?

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I meant Carol Danvers overall (comics, games, TV, other thingies), not just the MCU, but at least your take on her MCU iteration is interesting to read (and maybe it'll change once the 2nd is out)
I would hope so. They shouldn't squander Larson's talents, or anybody's for that matter. It's just that with Larson, it might be one of the most blatant.

I will also mention that my opinion on her is solely based on the MCU, since I've never read Captain Marvel comics.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I would hope so. They shouldn't squander Larson's talents, or anybody's for that matter. It's just that with Larson, it might be one of the most blatant.

I will also mention that my opinion on her is solely based on the MCU, since I've never read Captain Marvel comics.
you're probably a lucky ducky

D

Deleted member

I got myself 41 ancient debris.

Finally. That took roughly two real life days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom