• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I need ideas for a guest character for Street Fighter that is not from a video game or from a property they've crossed over with in the past. I would also discourage suggestions from Shonen Jump.
Maybe a Kamen Rider? They've crossed over with Power Rangers but not Kamen Rider. Any of the Riders could work honestly I would suggest either Ichigo as he is the First Kamen Rider or Decade or Zi-o as those 2 can transform into other riders or in Zi-o's case can wear armor inspired by other riders.

D

Deleted member

Well that was a lot to unpack there.

Very nice to see Ashoka and learn more about Grogu. We even found out that Baby Yoda was named Grogu, which is neat. Will call him Grogu for now own.

Also, Thrawn is alive. Pretty interesting. Wondering what they will do with him.

Due to the fact that Mando and Grogu have to go on a planet to use some stone to signal a Jedi...

And, we'll most likely eventually see another Jedi. Its going to either be Luke or Ezra, but I think it is likely Luke.

Best episode of the season, it was about time we got an episode dedicated to heavy plot.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Mandalorian is great, shame that it will lead to the Rise of Skywalker, so they have to follow the guidelines so it leads to Rise of Skywalker.

I am sure everyone is tired of Star Wars movie debate, but Rise of Skywalker was an underwhelming movie, and it kind of stains the series, as every movie and show before it in terms of time will eventually lead to the Rise of Skywalker.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Are you ever just angry at the world?

That is me right now... Not feeling it.
We live in a world filled with idiots.
Evil idiots, innocent idiots, kind idiots, idiots in denial, stubborn idiots...

Want me to continue?

There was a problem fetching the tweet
I'm just gonna leave this here and let you guys sort this out.
Blaziken:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Are you ever just angry at the world?

That is me right now... Not feeling it.
When a ton of **** goes wrong around you, both personal stuff to do with one's self or friends and family or just whatever goes on in the world it's kinda hard not to feel angry.

It's just a case of finding a good, healthy outlet to get rid of that feeling. Easier said than done this year though.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Smash is a crossover of mostly Japanese games. Not a big leap that people here would also be interested in the most popular manga label.
Plus you could pretty much say the Jump series is their version of Smash. More the reason I'd love for there to be a crossover between the two.

Two others that would be cool is DC vs. Jump.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Mandalorian is great, shame that it will lead to the Rise of Skywalker, so they have to follow the guidelines so it leads to Rise of Skywalker.

I am sure everyone is tired of Star Wars movie debate, but Rise of Skywalker was an underwhelming movie, and it kind of stains the series, as every movie and show before it in terms of time will eventually lead to the Rise of Skywalker.
RoS was both still better than TLJ and will lead to a new era of the franchise movie wise
Rumble can't laugh cause SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 killed your father

D

Deleted member

Say what you want about the Last Jedi, but it was far better than the Rise of Skywalker. The Rise of Skywalker is easily the worst out of the sequel trilogy for me. The Rise of Skywalker wasn't horrible, but it was just underwhelming, and it had a lot of dumb moments.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Say what you want about the Last Jedi, but it was far better than the Rise of Skywalker. The Rise of Skywalker is easily the worst out of the sequel trilogy for me. The Rise of Skywalker wasn't horrible, but it was just underwhelming, and it had a lot of dumb moments.
only thing worse about it for me was those mother ****ing overuse of bright ass lightning in the dark ass darkness for no actual reason...but that aside

sure the plot was just bland and eh, but that plot for Last Jedi was just...ugh...so annoying. Tho both movies (and Solo) get to be the reason why we won't be getting any new movies from the franchise anytime soon

D

Deleted member

only thing worse about it for me was those mother ****ing overuse of bright ass lightning in the dark ass darkness for no actual reason...but that aside

sure the plot was just bland and eh, but that plot for Last Jedi was just...ugh...so annoying. Tho both movies (and Solo) get to be the reason why we won't be getting any new movies from the franchise anytime soon
What was annoying about the plot for the Last Jedi? I was pretty entertained by it.

The Rise of Skywalker was just underwhelming, as I said before. And they made some weird choices to the plot, like the whole Palpatine thing was dumb. Reylo was an atrocious decision too, and they didn't give Finn and Rose any time to shine. It felt quite rushed. The Last Jedi didn't have any huge flaws like the Rise of Skywalker, and The Rise of Skywalker was the only Star Wars movie out of the originals and sequels that felt straight up underwhelming. This is just my opinion.

The fact that the Mandalorian leads to The Rise of Skywalker just irks me.

Solo was a flop, mainly because they decided to air it within the week of Infinity War, which was quite a poor decision.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I took a break from working on my RPG this week because I started playing minecraft and I decided to recreate my first world in the switch version from scratch in creative mode. It's actually pretty fun and I'm more than halfway done.

Didn't recreate it exactly, made some improvements because the world was a little crowded.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
What was annoying about the plot for the Last Jedi? I was pretty entertained by it.

The Rise of Skywalker was just underwhelming, as I said before. And they made some weird choices to the plot, like the whole Palpatine thing was dumb. Reylo was an atrocious decision too, and they didn't Igive Finn and Rose any time to shine. It felt quite rushed. The Last Jedi didn't have any huge flaws like the Rise of Skywalker, and it was the only Star Wars movie out of the originals and sequels that felt straight up underwhelming. This is just my opinion.

Solo was a flop, mainly because they decided to air it within the week of Infinity War, which was quite a poor decision.
Solo came out a whole month after Infinity War and a singular(ish) week after Deadpool 2, but that aside...

...I didn’t like the lack of Finn compared to TFA and barely RoS, the teases of Rey’s backstory (as if they had no idea what to do themselves without Abrams, whatever they were trying to do with Luke (sorry Mark) before he had his final fight Ben Swolo not being a permanent thing, Smoke was completely wasted like a *****, Leia not dying to make a huge shift to motivate Poe, and overall it felt like the movie tried to shake things up too fastly and by force to make up for TFA being the same old stuff for the most part

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

There's another trilogy in development and even more Star Wars films also in the works.

The Rise of Skywalker was just underwhelming, as I said before. And they made some weird choices to the plot, like the whole Palpatine thing was dumb. Reylo was an atrocious decision too, and they didn't give Finn and Rose any time to shine. It felt quite rushed. The Last Jedi didn't have any huge flaws like the Rise of Skywalker, and it was the only Star Wars movie out of the originals and sequels that felt straight up underwhelming. This is just my opinion.

Holy ****, someone else who didn't mind The Last Jedi. Saw that with friends and we all really enjoyed it, then a few months later it was suddenly the most hated movie on the planet.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There's another trilogy in development and even more Star Wars films also in the works.

Holy ****, someone else who didn't mind The Last Jedi. Saw that with friends and we all really enjoyed it, then a few months later it was suddenly the most hated movie on the planet.
I know movies are happening, just not anytime soon (no episode 10 next year for example), but there will be lots of new shows for the next 2 years

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I didn't hate the Last Jedi, but it was very boring until near the end imo.

I did enjoy the Finn and Rose subplot more than the Luke and Rey main plot, but that had no bearing on the plot at all.

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
I saw someone with a Smash/Devil May Cry sig, obviously wanting Dante in Smash. Honestly, this is only my opinion, I would prefer to see Dante in Mortal Kombat. I know it's never going to happen, I know, but the whole nature Dante and the DMC series, would blend in extremely well in the MK world, and I would make the same argument for Bayonetta, who I still believe would fit in much better in MK than Smash. Plus, I'd be intrigued at seeing Dante's match intros with Scorpion, Sub Zero, Kitana, Mileena, Sindel, Joker, Robocop, Terminator, Rambo, Shang Tsung, Shao Khan and the rest of the roster,

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Yep, I didn't mind the Last Jedi. I do not understand why it gets so much hate.

Wait what in the world?
I don't think it's necessarily a second sequel trilogy. It's at least a trilogy of films in the Star Wars universe.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Yep, I didn't mind the Last Jedi. I do not understand why it gets so much hate.
I think it depends on how long of a Star Wars you've been as far as I can tell. Either you're happy about it subverting expectations or you're not with little in-between.

My personal take is that it's the best looking of the films, but also the kind of the most pointless in terms of plot advancement.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
FIRST RETRY

FIRST MOTHER****ING RETRY THIS MORNING.

I DID IT, I ****ING DID IT.

THE NIGHTMARE IS NOW GONE, FOREVER.

THANK YOU Wademan94 Wademan94 & Lamperouge Lamperouge & EVERYONE ELSE FOR BELIEVING IN ME.

NOW,

I'M TRULY MOTIVATED.

TO END THIS GAME ONCE & FOR ALL ON DMD.

WISH ME GOOD LUCK AGAIN FOR MUNDUS, I NEED IT.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
My thoughts on Sequel Trilogy

The Force Awakens - aka A New Hope except with :ultdaisy::ultridley: instead of :ultjoker:...it played it pretty safe so not much to fault the film on as a result, but it was enjoyable
The Last Jedi - A bloody hot mess. When you realize that the whole Finn and Rose subplot was pretty much pointless, simply because Holdo was an idiot. And a lot of very questionable moments such as Leia's 'non-death'...cinematically it was gorgeous but there was a lot
Rise Of Skywalker - Very obvious damage Control for The Last Jedi, with that in mind it wasn't as bad, seeing as it could've turned out a heck of a lot worse, still several questionable moments, but was bogged down by its predecessor

Overall, the sequel trilogy was just disappointing...Solo was eh, Rogue One was probably the most enjoyable recent Star Wars film minus the CGI humans

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom