• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Was at work all day but was able to avoid spoilers thankfully.

Been calling no Smash reveal for a while now so the announcement didn't surprise me. I have 10/5 off for PTO so that works out perfectly.

Was wrong about N64 Online happening so soon but I did guess the subscription service. I'm surprised they're dumping so much of the bulk of the library that people want to play up front. Banjo returning to a Nintendo system was amazing and also shocking at how it wasn't highlighted. Hopefully online Smash 64 might one day be a thing officially.

Genesis games is a nice surprise and aside from Ecco all of them are top tier titles. Konami and Capcom showing support is nice. There is a lot of potential here.

Also everyone should definitely play MUSHA if you can. It's rare, expensive, wasn't on the Western Genesis Mini, M2 currently owns the rights, and so we can get the Aleste series localized again!

Actraiser remake was probably the big game highlight for me. I know a fair amount of people who've been begging for SE to do something with that IP for years now. Shadow dropping it today was a mike drop in my eyes. Hopefully we'll see a physical release

The new Kirby seems interesting. HAL I think has been trying for years to branch out of the 2D space so I'm glad to see them experiment. Nothing that blew my mind, but can see making diehard Kirby fanbase finally settle down.

Mario movie cast choices were hilarious. Charlie as Luigi and Keegan as Toad isn't something I knew I needed in my life. Chris Pratt doesn't bother me so much as he seems to be everywhere now. I really hope they give him some sort of accent to change his usual role up. Foreman Spike is a cool deep cut and gives me a lot of satisfaction having played all 100 WC levels.

As a new pipedream, I'd love to see the VA cast do recordings of dialog and scenes from the Super Mario Adventures NP comic. lol

Bayonetta 3 was a nice reveal. Not really my thing but I can be happy for the fans on this one given how long of a wait it was and how cheeky the trailer is.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Good morning.
So for the first time in a while I slept til very late in the morning. I think this might be the last time I stay up for something gaming related, I shouldn't stay up for a commercial reel. Good thing the Sakurai Presents falls on an afternoon for me.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Good morning.
So for the first time in a while I slept til very late in the morning. I think this might be the last time I stay up for something gaming related, I shouldn't stay up for a commercial reel. Good thing the Sakurai Presents falls on an afternoon for me.
Choosing healthy sleep schedule over gaming

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Choosing healthy sleep schedule over gaming
I already skipped The Game Awards because I wanted to sleep. I missed the Sephiroth reveal which was a shame (especially since he's one of my favorite newcomers), but it's no big deal. But now that Smash is ending, I don't have to worry about missing any more.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I've gotta be honest I have very mixed feelings about Bayo 3 as she doesn't sound like Helena Taylor, who implied she's no longer playing her. Hopefully the theory that it's from an alt timeline is true judging from her new killer look resembling Bayo 1 Cereza somewhat. Also jesus christ, Kirby looks amazing

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Here are several of my thoughts on last night's Nintendo Direct:
  • Super Mario Party still brings the same fun that really brings the reminescence to the previous Mario Party series.
  • Its been a long while since Chocobo Racing had last seen an entry which was way back in the Playstation era, but I'm glad to see that it finally makes a return with Chocobo GP.
  • The N64 and Sega catalogue of games for Switch online looks very interesting and with Banjo-Kazooie coming through, I wonder whether other past Rareware games such as Diddy Kong Racing, Killer Instinct Gold etc will come through too?
  • Bayonetta looks pretty good too.
Anyways, my thoughts on the upcoming Super Mario animated film.
  • The release date: Seeing the US release date is set for 21st December 2022, it will face competition against Avatar 2 and Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom which also comes out within the same month. Although it is still too early to say at this time, I think it may do fairly well with families, children and fans of the franchise as I believe that these are their primary target audience.
  • Casting: I don't know whether it is just me but the only decent casting choice is Anya Taylor-Joy as Peach (and maybe Jack Black as Bowser), the rest I remain a little bit unsure.
  • Director & Writers: Also it seems that the directors involved with the animated film tapped in Aaron Horvath and Michael Jelenic with Matthew Fogel writing the screenplay. Horvath and Jelenic's past directing credentials include the Teen Titans Go! animated series and the film Teen Titans Go to the Movies whilst Fogel's writing credentials include the Lego Movie 2: Second Part and the upcoming the Minions: Rise of Gru.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Here’s my fancasting for a few other possible roles in the Mario movie.

Waluigi - Will Arnett
Wario - Bill Hader
Rosalina - Kristen Stewart
Daisy - Mindy Kaling
Diddy - Billy Eichner
Bowser Jr. - John Mulaney
Yoshi - Aziz Ansari
Toadette - Kristen Schaal
King Boo - Steve Buscemi
Wrinkly Kong - Rachel Dratch
Pauline - Maya Rudolph
Fawful - Jim Rash

osby

Smash Obsessed
I've gotta be honest I have very mixed feelings about Bayo 3 as she doesn't sound like Helena Taylor, who implied she's no longer playing her. Hopefully the theory that it's from an alt timeline is true judging from her new killer look resembling Bayo 1 Cereza somewhat.
I was curious about this and went to check the Japanese version of the trailer. While I couldn't recognize her voice actor, she's definitely not Atsuko Tanaka. So, I think it's safe to say that this change is due to artistic reasons and not because there was some sort of contract disagreement with Hellena Taylor.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I was curious about this and went to check the Japanese version of the trailer. While I couldn't recognize her voice actor, she's definitely not Atsuko Tanaka. So, I think it's safe to say that this change is due to artistic reasons and not because there was some sort of contract disagreement with Hellena Taylor.
Damn that legit makes me feel better about the game.

Btw I just realized something, the DK Odyssey is probably fake as Kirby and the Forgotten Land looks a lot like Odyssey's engine, especially the little back jump Kirby does and how shiny he got in the water area. RIP DK fans lmao

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Honestly if there's something I can say, it's that this was easily the funniest ****ing Direct I've ever watched live. I'm not sure what to say about the actual quality of the overall announcement lineup, but my god, it was an experience

Jondolio

Smash Hero
At least the memes aren't that bad
View attachment 331443View attachment 331444View attachment 331445

They really ****ed up with Chris Pratt though lmao, at least Charlie Day and Jack Black don't sound like bad casting
Yeah, Chris Pratt as Mario was the only one that made me yell "no" into my pillow. Like I'm on board with Jack Black and Fred Armisen (and also Kevin Michael Richardson since he's an actual professional voice actor and he's amazing), but Chris Pratt just... doesn't fit Mario at all, plus he's homophobic

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Yeah, Chris Pratt as Mario was the only one that made me yell "no" into my pillow. Like I'm on board with Jack Black and Fred Armisen (and also Kevin Michael Richardson since he's an actual professional voice actor and he's amazing), but Chris Pratt just... doesn't fit Mario at all, plus he's homophobic
Holiday 2022 gonna be like "BREAKING NEWS: Mario movie criticized for too much aggression for iconic 'So long, gay Bowser' line"

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
They really ****ed up with Chris Pratt though lmao, at least Charlie Day and Jack Black don't sound like bad casting
Charlie Day as Luigi gives me a bad feeling Illumination is just going to make him a wimp character.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Refinished Chapter 1 of DR on Switch, now i'm at the start of Chapter 2.

Going to go on a easter egg journey could say, that and beat the bonus boss using VIOLENCE, since I did that with Jevil beforehand. (and The King too just now)

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Honestly I'm just kinda miffed that they decided to go overboard with celebrities, there are so many talented professional VAs in the industry and Charles Martinet in particular was cucked hard despite being in the movie, especially since he recently proved himself to be ****ing fantastic when speaking full sentences in the WarioWare trailers but nooooo, we can't have him give his most iconic role the same amount of personality, we gotta get the homophobic MCU guy

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Seems like the perfect time to repost my updated (albeit partially unfinished) Undertale film voice cast (credit to @Shroob and Noipoi Noipoi for the suggestions for Burgerpants and Mettaton, respectively)

Toriel: Moira Kelly
Papyrus: Sean William McLoughlin
Undyne: Olivia Olson
Alphys: Kristen Schaal
Mettaton: Tim Curry
Muffet: Grey DeLisle
Asgore: Still undecided
Flowey: Mark Hamill
Gaster: JK Simmons
Burgerpants: Nathan Veterlein
Sans: Still undecided
John Goodman could be a good fit for Asgore, at least in my eyes. (at least, if he acts similar to how he does in "The Emperor's New Groove" or "Monsters Inc.", rather than how he does in "The Big Lebowski" or "10 Cloverfield Lane")

Or you could do what the Mario Bros. movie seemed to do - put the names of a bunch of comedians in a hat and draw them out at random.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Honestly I'm just kinda miffed that they decided to go overboard with celebrities, there are so many talented professional VAs in the industry and Charles Martinet in particular was cucked hard despite being in the movie, especially since he recently proved himself to be ****ing fantastic when speaking full sentences in the WarioWare trailers but nooooo, we can't have him give his most iconic role the same amount of personality, we gotta get the homophobic MCU guy
That's Hollywood for ya

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You're surprised that the studio infamous for shameless celebrity cash grabs are using celebrity cash grabs in their upcoming Mario movie? That's just standard Hollywood practice today, it's been like this for almost two decades now.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
This unused theme for The Fountain is so Oneshot-like, it hurt.
Really hope Toby can find a place to reuse this theme, it's way too good to pass on. (Alongside a few others)

Also this one is basically a track from Yume Nikki.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom