• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So I don’t know why I spent so much time on this, but I wrote out a trailer concept for a Mega Man movie (This could work either fully animated or live action with CGI game accurate robots)
Dr. Light (narration) (played by Stephen Fry): “I’m counting on you, my son.”

(An overhead light turns on, showing various machine activity)

“You are the product of years of technological advancement.” (A metallic hand clenches)

“A beacon of hope…” (Zoom out on futuristic circuitry)

“And peace.” (A blue robotic eye switches on like a screen)

“Go, my child. And bring balance to this city.” (Silhouette of Rock suiting up in a laboratory, putting on gauntlets and a helmet, his back turned walking out towards the light of the outside world resembling his iconic appearance. Cut to black.)

(Next shot reveals he’s actually in street clothes wearing a bike helmet and arm guards trying to ride a bike)

Rock (voiced by Zach Callison): “Come on, come on!” (struggling to get moving)

Roll (voiced by McKenna Grace): “Come on Rock! You can do it!” (Cheering him on alongside Rush. Rock falls over offscreen with Roll covering her eyes)

Rock (Next to the bike with the wheels bent, unable to support his weight): “Maybe we should take the bus.” (Rush starts licking his face)

(Bon Jovi’s Runaway starts playing. Movie logo variant-20XX Century Studios holographically projected over MM2 Wily’s Castle. Capcom’s logo appears afterwards. Overview of a futuristic city with an abundance of foliage.)

Rock (narration): “This is my home, Mega City. A city where humans and machines live in harmony.” (Various shots of robots interacting with humans, some of them helping out with various tasks)

Rock (narration): “It’s all thanks to my creator, Dr. Thomas Light.” (Dr. Light is standing at a podium with camera flashes holding his Nobel Prize. Rock, Roll, Rush and the 6 DLN Robot Masters stand proudly at his side.)

Rock (narration): “He created my brothers to make the city a better place...” (Shots of the Robot Masters carrying out various tasks such as Guts Man helping out with construction, Cut Man chopping down trees, etc.)

Rock (narration) “…and my sister Roll and I to be his children.” (Shot of the two entering Edison Middle School)

Dr. Light (narration): “I want you two to make some friends and socialize.” (Roll & Rock walk down the school hallway to see all the human students focused their attention on them. Uneasy, the two take each other’s hand for comfort)

Dr. Light (narration): “Experience the world outside this stuffy little lab.” (Roll & Rock find themselves leaning on a fence overlooking Mega City’s skyline.)

(Cut back to the lab)
Dr. Light: “After you finish your chores of course.” (Leaves them to an extremely messy laboratory)

Rock: “Have fun sis, I’m gonna see if I can defeat Cyber-Akuma.” (Pulls out a PlayStation controller)

Roll: “Come on, Rock! Could you please give me a hand?” (Changes expression to annoyed) “If you actually throw your hand at me, I will smack you with it.”

Rock: (Already holding his detached hand) “Heh heh. Couldn’t resist.” (Puts his hand back on)

(Cut to a sinister looking laboratory. MM11 Wily Capsule Theme starts playing)

Dr. Wily (played by Hugh Laurie): “All these years living in your shadow are over, Thomas.” (Smashes a mug while watching Light’s ceremony on his monitor)

Dr. Wily: “Those are MY machines too!” (Wily enters in some commands from his station and the Robot Masters wake up with a flash of red in their eyes.

(Bomb Man throws a couple bombs around the city, knocking away some humans, Ice Man freezing cars and fire hydrants.)

Fire Man (voiced by Nick Offerman): “I’ll burn this place to the ground!!!” (Surrounded by flames in a burning factory)

Dr. Wily : “Let’s show the world what our creations can REALLY do!” (Light, Roll & Rock are watching on the lab monitor in horror as the Robot Masters are wreaking havoc on Mega City and Wily laughs maniacally.)

Dr. Light (in despair): “How could this happen?! I need to stop this somehow!” (Rock looks to the monitor and then to his fists, clenching them)

Rock (narration): “You gotta upgrade me Doctor!” (Cut to his blue suit materializing on his body) “Give me the power to fight back!” (Close up on his head as his helmet and buster appear, his eyes glow brightly)

NEXT WINTER

Guts Man (voiced by Kyle Hebert) (about to throw a boulder when a bomb blows it up in his hands. He turns around to see Mega Man in his Hyper Bomb palette) “Bring it on, kid!” (charges towards him) (Bonnie Tyler’s Holding Out for a Hero starts playing)

BASED ON THE ICONIC VIDEO GAME SERIES

Cut Man (voiced by Alan Tudyk): “Can you beat THESE scissors, Rock?” (Throws a couple Boomerang Cutters at MM. Montage of MM taking on the Robot Masters, firing his Mega Buster, copying their powers, Roll hooked up to a hydrant and starts spraying down a burning building.)

GET EQUIPPED

Dr. Light (narration): “I want to believe there’s still some good in him.” (Wily working on machines and relishing in his evil actions)

Rock: “With all due respect Doctor, I don’t think a non-mad scientist would act like: (using a recording of Wily’s laugh) Mwa-hahaha!!” (imitating Wily’s pose while laughing)

Dr. Light: (raises his finger like he’s about to say something) “…fair point.”

AND POWER UP

(Giant electric sparks shoot out of a power plant)

Elec Man (voiced by Nathan Fillion): “If it isn’t Light’s golden child.”

(MM finds himself surrounded by all six Robot Masters at once)

Dr. Wily: “Tell me boy, what are you fighting for?” (Taunting MM from his UFO)

Mega Man: “I don’t wanna fight you…” (narrowly avoids Cut Boomerang as it sticks into the wall behind him) (Narration) “but I’ll do what it takes to protect my city.” (Slightly battle damaged with sparks flying, he gets back up with a determined look on his face. Cut to scenes of him
being consoled by Light and Roll.)

Mega Man: “I will fight for everyone's future!” (MM lifts up some rubble that trapped some of his classmates. He offers his hand out to them.)

(Montage of Mega Man dodging energy spheres, chasing down Wily’s UFO and about to fire the finishing blow to Elec Man as he’s charging towards him.)

(Giant “Mega Man” title appears on screen accompanied by an arranged version of the MM2 menu theme)

Human Friend™️: “Can he do any tricks?”

(Cut to Rush interacting with a live dog in the middle of a living room)

Rock: “Well, he can sit, shake, roll over.”

Human Friend: “I mean something my dog can’t do.”

Rock (now standing on top of Rush): “All right Rush, Jet Mode!”

Rush: “Ruff!” (Accidentally activates Rush Coil and sends Rock through the ceiling. Human friend tries to shield themselves while cringing)

Rock (half buried in the ceiling, Rush hanging off his foot trying to pull him out) “We’re still…working on that command.”

Coming Christmas 20XX!

I spent way too much time on this ****, any Mega Man fans I should tag for this?
It’s really funny! Though I do admit I had a hard time hearing your casts voices in my head and not the MM11 cast. I’d option this for sure.
Man, I’m just happy for what it symbolizes

Banjo back in a Nintendo console. Not just for a guest appearance, but the whole ass game. That’s special to me.

Besides. Rewind feature.
On one hand I agree. On the other hand. Original n64 controls and camera and a premium price tag.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Jack Black, Key, KMR, and Seth Rogen are the only reasons why I’m attempting to let Pratt as Mario slide

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Seems like the perfect time to repost my updated (albeit partially unfinished) Undertale film voice cast (credit to Shroob Shroob and Noipoi Noipoi for the suggestions for Burgerpants and Mettaton, respectively)

Toriel: Moira Kelly
Papyrus: Sean William McLoughlin
Undyne: Olivia Olson
Alphys: Kristen Schaal
Mettaton: Tim Curry
Muffet: Grey DeLisle
Asgore: Still undecided
Flowey: Mark Hamill
Gaster: JK Simmons
Burgerpants: Nathan Veterlein
Sans: Still undecided

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Mario Movie Post credits scene be like:

Seth Rogan Kong is swinging around the jungle and lands at Cranky's shack, Seth Rogan looks over to his right and meets up with Diddy Kong voiced by Adam Sandler and Dixie Kong voiced by Scarlett Johansson they talk for a bit before King K. Rool voiced by Tim Curry appears steals their bananas Seth Rogan Kong says "Uhhh... that Happened" Then Tarzan Boy starts to play and Funky Kong appears voiced by Pitbull and says "It's time to tour the Country"

Last edited:
Reactions: Z25

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also the final Sakurai presents is 40 minutes long.

Im kind of expecting a first party currently.

However one thing I’m pretty sure on is that the final trailer is going to be a remix of everyone is here.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
  • Kirby 3D seems dope.
  • Smash gets the new character same time as Nick All Stars comes out. Sakurai goes out swinging!
  • Chocobo Racing got a sequel(or its a remake, whatever, I wonder if Cloud will be in it like the PS1 one.)
  • Dread and Mario Party still look good, well, Dread especially.
  • Bayo 3 isn't vaporware and seems to be real, Straight up showed DMC1 Phantom and some sword McVergil guy, I don't that was Jeanne with a hair cut. I think Bayo's 2 look is cooler though, but I'm sure the new one will grow on me.
  • Genesis is kind of a surprise because you can get a lot of their games physically in a bundle, on Switch and so many other consoles.
  • CV collection is neat, weird they put Dracula X on there, but I guess it didn't have room for anything else?
  • Splatoon 3 exists still
  • RPG Card Game was Video Nyquil.
  • N64 Casually dropping Banjo-Kazooie was kind of a flex. Now WHEN'S KI SNES AND KI2 GOLD?!

Okay, but that Mario movie cast feels like a parody
Seth Rogan as DK....I hate these Hollywood ****** man.

Charlie Day and Jack Black might do a good job, but man, they have the voice actors right there.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I’m only just finding out that Grey DeLisle is on the cover art of 1 2 Switch
009C390F-8F97-41B0-B566-A3AA335819A9.jpeg
71233CD2-00A8-405C-B756-70832442B4BD.jpeg
how has this not registered in my brain before…and why would the internet not tell me 4 years ago?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
****, I just realized the direct is a few days before Dread Release.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Alright I hear things are leaking, so i’m gonna dip so I don’t get spoiled. But before I do…

In just a few hours, this could be over. Smash speculation could be over. Yeah there’s a chance they drag it out more, but I think this may be it. After three years of dreaming, theorizing, arguing, obsessing, hoping, wishing…it’s all coming to an end.

It’s been quite a journey, huh? I mean, three years is quite the long time. We’ve all changed a lot since this whole thing started. To commemorate this journey, I whipped a little something up using the main cast of what is probably my magnum opus.

View attachment 331290

I’ve been through some stuff, man. Stuff most people can’t comprehend, stuff that may sound horrific. And while I’m doing way better now, the peak of this was probably around 2018. Coincidentally, that was around the time I joined an odd little community dedicated to a Nintendo crossover game. In the time since I’ve met a ton of people with crazy quirks, real talent, **** taste (just kidding) (not really) but most of all, I’ve made real friends. Sure most of you are halfway across the country, or the world. But we’re still friends, aren’t we? You weirdos got me through the worst time in my life with your dumb memes and genuine enthusiasm for gaming, and other things too. And I can’t thank you enough for that.

After three years, filled with some of the craziest characters smash has ever seen, it’s finally to an end. I know a lot of people will take their leave after this, and that’s okay. Do what’s right for you. I can’t promise I’ll be here for another several years. But what’s important is the time we spent together.

From boxes to grinches to Nintendo themselves leaking Terry. From verge to Shinobi and who knows how many other insiders. From Inkling to K Rool to Banjo to ****in Minecraft Steve to Sans Mii Costume. It’s been nuts, and I enjoyed every minute of it…almost every minute…alright a lot of it was stupid. But the good times were great!

Anyway, this has been long winded. But the point is exactly what it says in the picture. Thanks for the laughs, the memes, the art, the crazy speculation, and for being my friends. Thank you!

Shroob Shroob MooMew64 MooMew64 Lamperouge Lamperouge @Guh-Huzzah! TheMightyP TheMightyP @Pokelego999 Metal Shop X Metal Shop X @Jotadé @ SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 @Ramen Tenghostku @BirbManBakugan @duxx Aurane Aurane @Jondolio @Just a penguin AndreaAC AndreaAC Knight Dude Knight Dude @Dyllybirdy Zinith Zinith @alexxxela @TheIrepan8 Wademan94 Wademan94 TheCJBrine TheCJBrine TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4 KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms @Sarah Bellum ZephyrZ ZephyrZ
:3 Sorry for replying so late to this, Noi! Thank you so SO much this tag. Your words really got to me, and I am so glad that you're still sticking around no matter what happens! You're such a wonderful person, and no one should tell you otherwise! Your friendship is also something I am deeply thankful for!
xD I don't know the context behind his because I didn't watch the Direct, but you reminded me instantly that I used to draw Ridley and Shen as friends:
1.png

xD It has been ages since I did that! Thank you so much for the inspiration yet again, Noi!

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I got through most of the bad route in Deltarune; just have to beat the final boss.

So, uh…yeah, this is emotional pain…
Poor Noelle…I feel bad…uh, theory-wise, I guess Kris struggles between having to lose control to the Knight or whatever is in them and having to do what we make them do, since what Noelle and others say imply Kris isn’t a bad or evil kid, just mischievous/a bit mean sometimes…

Even in the bad route, Noelle is confused as to what Kris is doing, and you can either make them act friendly to quit the route or keep making them sound like a soulless demon forcing commands onto victims, repeating the same command at a few points until Noelle gives up and does it…

and yeah I’m sorry deer girl for putting you through mental trauma...

I kinda think this is worse than Undertale’s Genocide route; that hurts, too, even if still a bit fun and interesting game-wise of course, but there Frisk is a stranger to everyone. Here, while most enemies are strangers, Noelle and one of the enemies are Kris’s friends, and you’re making them act worse than cruel to them, forcing Noelle to do the bad stuff…I wonder how the bad routes in later chapters are; the “bad” route in the first one didn’t involve killing anyone, just a little bit of a worse ending…

I haven’t seen this ingame yet, was spoiled a little, but apparently Noelle can hear a scary voice; I guess she mentions or thinks about it at some point, hearing or having heard a voice unlike Kris’s…of course, this could be in reference to the player, if not the mystery demon Knight Gaster whoever and whatever the heck it is.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Late, but finally caught up with the direct:

-Happy to see a MH:Rise expansion, so far the preview looks great and the new monster is cool so I'm looking forward to seeing what it brings. It does remind me that I need to finish the endgame of Rise though, so once I'm done with Stories 2 I'm probably going back to finish that up. Also, put in Lagiacrus and Astalos you cowards.

-The Age of Calamity expansion also looks good, I didn't buy the first half as it didn't quite catch my attention, but this half seems a bit more interesting. I'll check it out once it releases and see if it'll get me to try it out, but for now I'm on the fence.

-They really hit us with that announcement of the announcement huh? Well, two more weeks until the final fighter is revealed is not going to hurt, it just means we're on this ride for a bit longer.

-Metroid Dread is still looking great, I can't wait to play it.

-I like the additions of N64 and Genesis games to the Online, don't like it being another tier up. I'll stick with my current tier, at least until the roster fills up with more worthwhile games (though this starting set is pretty good to its credit).

-As for the Mario cast announcement, I'll be honest, the only actor I'm not really sure on is Chris Platt. I like him, I enjoyed him in the Jurassic World and GotG movies, but looking at those roles and comparing them to Mario I'm not sure if he'll be able to take on the role. That said, I have been surprised before (ex. Ryan Reynolds as Pikachu) so maybe he could pull it off, but it's definitely a wait and see approach. The rest for the most part seem fine, in particular Jack Black as Bowser, Charlie Day as Luigi, and Kevin Michael Richardson as Kamek are roles I feel pretty confident in.

-Finally, it's great to see Bayo 3. Like Dread it's been joked as vaporware due to how long it's been in limbo, so it's nice to finally get a confirmation on what's going on with the game and when to expect it. I still need to play 1 and 2 so I'm not in any rush to have it yet, but hopefully the wait will be worth it.

All in all, pretty good direct, it covered a good amount of bases overall and had a great surprise at the end.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Direct thoughts:

Friendship ended with Super Smash Bros Ultimate, Bayonetta 3 is my new best friend now.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
People who do genocide route are cringe, unfunny and will not receive subscribers.
Can confirm, am cringe.

(although I only did it once and chickened out before I finished off Flowey and saw Chara since I didn’t want to ruin my save; am now cringe for doing bad route in Deltarune though yay)

edit: I just had a thought about Deltarune Chapter 2’s bad route; at least part of it sorta seems like something that’d fit a cool creepypasta of the game if it wasn’t official.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom