• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If anything, I'd take the N64 Online if me and the boys can hop on Mario Kart 64 wireless. Or better yet, throw Mario Party on that ****.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Apparently, the new Kirby game is gonna take place somewhere different from Dreamland/Popstar.
I'm already betting the story for Kirby and the Forgotten Land will look something like this:

Kirby is just napping outside, but some outside force invades Dreamland/Popstar and takes away something special from it (Kirby's hidden cake stache), so Kirby chases after it. The chase ends up going beyond Dreamand and into space, eventually bringing Kirby and that enemy to that planet where Forgotten Land takes place. Kirby crash-lands onto that planet after losing the fight with that enemy or some other enemy on that planet (who could likely be the central antagonist that was responsible for creating this post-apocalyptic Earth setting) that interferes during the fight and knocks Kirby out. Kirby wakes up in that island, and the adventure ensues.

Maybe throw in Meta Knight, King Dedede, and Bandana Dee as the other Kirby icons who went out to investigates Kirby's whereabouts who could also potentially be the multiplayer characters, and perhaps a "human" on that planet could be the main ally character of the game who has some ties/knowledge about the main antagonist that turned the planet into the post apocalyptic.

We'll see how this theory holds up in the next few months and by the game's release.

KillerCage

Smash Master

This is still one of the highlights for me.

Wreckfest is a ****ing great game. One of the best racing games I've ever played. I really. really would recommend playing it.

Damn Switch stop giving me all these dream ports of mine. Persona 4 Golden when though?

My time has come!

Also:

View attachment 331382

**** yes! I can finally play this!
Prepare for mind7@(%!8.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I'm already betting the story for Kirby and the Forgotten Land will look something like this:

Kirby is just napping outside, but some outside force invades Dreamland/Popstar and takes away something special from it (Kirby's hidden cake stache), so Kirby chases after it. The chase ends up going beyond Dreamand and into space, eventually bringing Kirby and that enemy to that planet where Forgotten Land takes place. Kirby crash-lands onto that planet after losing the fight with that enemy or some other enemy on that planet (who could likely be the central antagonist that was responsible for creating this post-apocalyptic Earth setting) that interferes during the fight and knocks Kirby out. Kirby wakes up in that island, and the adventure ensues.

Maybe throw in Meta Knight, King Dedede, and Bandana Dee as the other Kirby icons who went out to investigates Kirby's whereabouts who could also potentially be the multiplayer characters, and perhaps a "human" on that planet could be the main ally character of the game who has some ties/knowledge about the main antagonist that turned the planet into the post apocalyptic.

We'll see how this theory holds up in the next few months and by the game's release.
The new bad guys for Kirby and the Forgotten Land are called Beast Corps.

Which I think may be large monstrous animalistic creatures to fight.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Who else to be the antagonist of a Forgotten Land than the most forgotten character?

1632448765764.png

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Honestly?

Pretty good.

It was a good Direct. I really, REALLY don't like the NSO stuff being behind a "Premium" subscription, it's scummy af, but the games seem great tbh.

And we finally have an end date.
I feel ****in GREAT

Kirby looks rad
Splatoon looks rad
We know when smash is gonna end
Jack Black is Bowser?
Banjo on the switch!

I’m fully satisfied.
3D Kirby, Actraiser Renaissance, N64 Online, and Bayonetta 3?

I'm really feeling it.
Honestly, 10/10 Direct.

I’m a little annoyed I have to wait to see AC stuff, but yeah, this thing slapped IMO.
Looks like I’m doomed to be a dev vibe downer then. We don’t know the next character and there’s a chance I’ll be working during that presentation. Bayonetta 3 was cool. DK was missing. Mario movie cast was cool but my friends told me Chris Pratt is a homophobic Trump-head and now I’m just sad. I’d be excited for 3D Kirby if now I wasn’t afraid we were gonna go decades without seeing a 2D game at all. And I’m not paying a premium subscription on top of the existing NSO just to play the inferior N64 version of Banjo-Kazooie without all the polish in the Xbox port. Like… there was good in there. Don’t get me wrong. But what was good in there doesn’t really jive with me so…

Shroob

Sup?
Looks like I’m doomed to be a dev vibe downer then. We don’t know the next character and there’s a chance I’ll be working during that presentation. Bayonetta 3 was cool. DK was missing. Mario movie cast was cool but my friends told me Chris Pratt is a homophobic Trump-head and now I’m just sad. I’d be excited for 3D Kirby if now I wasn’t afraid we were gonna go decades without seeing a 2D game at all. And I’m not paying a premium subscription on top of the existing NSO just to play the inferior N64 version of Banjo-Kazooie without all the polish in the Xbox port. Like… there was good in there. Don’t get me wrong. But what was good in there doesn’t really jive with me so…
It's only 10(At this point basically) days until Smash, it's really not that much of a wait.

As for the Mario cast stuff......... yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah, don't blame ya for that one.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
3D Kirby is honestly the biggest highlight in the direct for me. Kirby's copy ability is just plain fun in 2D games, and it'll probably be plain fun in 3D as well. I can't wait to see how they're all reimagined for a more exploration based game. I also just love the aesthetic they're going for with it. I have a good feeling about this one.

I'm still interested in Triangle Strategy but don't tell me they really decided to keep that name.

As for Mario I tend to be skeptical of all celebrity casts but you gotta admit that Jack Black as Bowser is just perfect. Also good to see DK gets to appear. This movie is probably going to be kind of dumb fun at best, so I hope they go all in and make it as dumb fun as possible.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It's only 10(At this point basically) days until Smash, it's really not that much of a wait.

As for the Mario cast stuff......... yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah, don't blame ya for that one.
I’m not bummed for the wait. I’m bummed it’s in its own presentation.

Hear me out. When the announcement is a normal Nintendo direct, any trailer can be a character announcement. We can be watching anything and then all of a sudden it can become a smash announcement and that’s exciting. Sometimes they don’t do trailers like that though and that’s fine. But the last time they did a reveal like this with Byleth’s trailer, it was one of those trailers where if it was in a normal Nintendo direct you wouldn’t know until Sothis pulls out the letter. But we did now. Because it was in a dedicated presentation where we knew we were getting a smash fighter. And I don’t want it to be another thing like that. Regardless of who it is. It could be crash. It could be anyone. But if it takes so long to get to the point because it’s one of those trailers that’s intended to Mr. rectus but it’s not in the proper context for it to be able to miss direct us then it’s going to be a boring trailer that can’t surprise us really because the surprise of the trailer isn’t who is the character. Like am I making sense here?

Noipoi

Howdy!
And I’m not paying a premium subscription on top of the existing NSO just to play the inferior N64 version of Banjo-Kazooie without all the polish in the Xbox port.
Man, I’m just happy for what it symbolizes

Banjo back in a Nintendo console. Not just for a guest appearance, but the whole ass game. That’s special to me.

Besides. Rewind feature.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I just watched the Direct - Bayonetta 3, the 3D Kirby game, Metroid Dread, and Banjo-Kazooie coming to the Switch were the highlights for me (even if B-K is just through an upgraded subscription service). I'm definitely picking up Metroid, Bayonetta, and Kirby when they come out.

I'm not sure if it's just me, but it sounded like Bayonetta was voiced by someone else. At least we got gameplay, and what seems to be a glimpse of Jeanne at the end.

The Castlevania Advance Collection is tempting, but I already have most of those games on the Wii U, and I got the true ending of Aria of Sorrow, so I'm not sure if it would be worth it to get that.

Shroob

Sup?

Hear me out. When the announcement is a normal Nintendo direct, any trailer can be a character announcement. We can be watching anything and then all of a sudden it can become a smash announcement and that’s exciting. Sometimes they don’t do trailers like that though and that’s fine. But the last time they did a reveal like this with Byleth’s trailer, it was one of those trailers where if it was in a normal Nintendo direct you wouldn’t know until Sothis pulls out the letter. But we did now. Because it was in a dedicated presentation where we knew we were getting a smash fighter. And I don’t want it to be another thing like that. Regardless of who it is. It could be crash. It could be anyone. But if it takes so long to get to the point because it’s one of those trailers that’s intended to Mr. rectus but it’s not in the proper context for it to be able to miss direct us then it’s going to be a boring trailer that can’t surprise us really because the surprise of the trailer isn’t who is the character. Like am I making sense here?
Well, Byleth was never meant to "End" the DLC. Byleth was the last character in FP1, but they had already said more DLC was coming.

And I mean, I get you, but I kinda don't.... like the misdirection? As long as it's vague enough, like Sephiroth's trailer as to who it is, I find it enjoyable, but as soon as you see "NOT ACTUAL GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE", you basically already know it's Smash.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

Ehhhhh it really depends on the character. Byleth’s trailer didn’t have to be as immediately obvious as it was (though I kind of appreciate it) they chose to recreate a cutscene from the game. Or at least I think it’s from the game. It’s been a while.

Anyway, this last guy may not have a trailer like that Y’know what I mean?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Anyways

No fear

League of Legends Worlds starts a few hours after the Sakurai Presents, suspiciously like how Minecon did with Steve

View attachment 331404
Cmon Shroob, even you know that connecting two events together is asinine like the 99% of the other times where it happened and nothing came out of it.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Of course I know

But then how will generate comedy? By actually trying?

Pshawww
Yeah, but rebuttal posts always bring in the same amount of likes. :jojo: It's not like you can see who has the most Likes though. Thanks Smashbaords.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If anything, I'd take the N64 Online if me and the boys can hop on Mario Kart 64 wireless. Or better yet, throw Mario Party on that ****.
They did say Mario kart 64 has online which should be pretty fun.

we are also getting Kirby 64 which is really cool. I never got to play that one.

I would love to see the Mario party games from N64 but superstars kinda of defeats that purpose.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Tbh, I’m not surprised they don’t have Martinet voicing the Bros considering both his age as well as voicing the two main leads for a feature length movie would be more taxing than for a video game, especially since Martinet is rarely called in for full sentences. Though having one of Hollywood’s biggest current stars voice him doesn’t help the whole “celebrity star power” issue most animated films tend to have

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I would love to see the Mario party games from N64 but superstars kinda of defeats that purpose.
Does it really? Each individual game has its own appeal, its own board, its own characters and games. It's no different than having SM64 on the platform knowing full well you were charged 60 bucks to have a newer version of it last year.

Reactions: Z25

KillerCage

Smash Master
For those who missed my original post:
I should be able to finish She-Ra tonight and I plan to watch Star Wars Visions when I come back from my cousin's wedding (lasting from Friday to Sunday).
After that, I want you guys' input on what I should watch next on Netflix.
I'm thinking of three shows I haven't seen yet: Glitch Techs, The Dragon Prince, and Hilda.
I'm also thinking of watching the final season of Voltron though I haven't heard much positive reception if at all.
Also is that new CGI He-Man show any good (if it has come out?)
Also I have an update: I have finished She-Ra.
The show is VERY well done which is impressive considering the backlash it got from the OG fans. The cast of characters ranged from adorable (yes Adora's name is a pun) like Scorpia, compelling like Glimmer and Catra, to terrifying like Horde Prime (why did you have to use mind control???). The only character I did not like was Shadow-Weaver but I think she was purposely written that way. My most favor episode would have to be Season 2's "Roll with It" which happens to be a filler episode. I can easily see why Overly Sarcastic Productions likes to this show up on occasion.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So I don’t know why I spent so much time on this, but I wrote out a trailer concept for a Mega Man movie (This could work either fully animated or live action with CGI game accurate robots)
Dr. Light (narration) (played by Stephen Fry): “I’m counting on you, my son.”

(An overhead light turns on, showing various machine activity)

“You are the product of years of technological advancement.” (A metallic hand clenches)

“A beacon of hope…” (Zoom out on futuristic circuitry)

“And peace.” (A blue robotic eye switches on like a screen)

“Go, my child. And bring balance to this city.” (Silhouette of Rock suiting up in a laboratory, putting on gauntlets and a helmet, his back turned walking out towards the light of the outside world resembling his iconic appearance. Cut to black.)

(Next shot reveals he’s actually in street clothes wearing a bike helmet and arm guards trying to ride a bike)

Rock (voiced by Zach Callison): “Come on, come on!” (struggling to get moving)

Roll (voiced by McKenna Grace): “Come on Rock! You can do it!” (Cheering him on alongside Rush. Rock falls over offscreen with Roll covering her eyes)

Rock (Next to the bike with the wheels bent, unable to support his weight): “Maybe we should take the bus.” (Rush starts licking his face)

(Bon Jovi’s Runaway starts playing. Movie logo variant-20XX Century Studios holographically projected over MM2 Wily’s Castle. Capcom’s logo appears afterwards. Overview of a futuristic city with an abundance of foliage.)

Rock (narration): “This is my home, Mega City. A city where humans and machines live in harmony.” (Various shots of robots interacting with humans, some of them helping out with various tasks)

Rock (narration): “It’s all thanks to my creator, Dr. Thomas Light.” (Dr. Light is standing at a podium with camera flashes holding his Nobel Prize. Rock, Roll, Rush and the 6 DLN Robot Masters stand proudly at his side.)

Rock (narration): “He created my brothers to make the city a better place...” (Shots of the Robot Masters carrying out various tasks such as Guts Man helping out with construction, Cut Man chopping down trees, etc.)

Rock (narration) “…and my sister Roll and I to be his children.” (Shot of the two entering Edison Middle School)

Dr. Light (narration): “I want you two to make some friends and socialize.” (Roll & Rock walk down the school hallway to see all the human students focused their attention on them. Uneasy, the two take each other’s hand for comfort)

Dr. Light (narration): “Experience the world outside this stuffy little lab.” (Roll & Rock find themselves leaning on a fence overlooking Mega City’s skyline.)

(Cut back to the lab)
Dr. Light: “After you finish your chores of course.” (Leaves them to an extremely messy laboratory)

Rock: “Have fun sis, I’m gonna see if I can defeat Cyber-Akuma.” (Pulls out a PlayStation controller)

Roll: “Come on, Rock! Could you please give me a hand?” (Changes expression to annoyed) “If you actually throw your hand at me, I will smack you with it.”

Rock: (Already holding his detached hand) “Heh heh. Couldn’t resist.” (Puts his hand back on)

(Cut to a sinister looking laboratory. MM11 Wily Capsule Theme starts playing)

Dr. Wily (played by Hugh Laurie): “All these years living in your shadow are over, Thomas.” (Smashes a mug while watching Light’s ceremony on his monitor)

Dr. Wily: “Those are MY machines too!” (Wily enters in some commands from his station and the Robot Masters wake up with a flash of red in their eyes.

(Bomb Man throws a couple bombs around the city, knocking away some humans, Ice Man freezing cars and fire hydrants.)

Fire Man (voiced by Nick Offerman): “I’ll burn this place to the ground!!!” (Surrounded by flames in a burning factory)

Dr. Wily : “Let’s show the world what our creations can REALLY do!” (Light, Roll & Rock are watching on the lab monitor in horror as the Robot Masters are wreaking havoc on Mega City and Wily laughs maniacally.)

Dr. Light (in despair): “How could this happen?! I need to stop this somehow!” (Rock looks to the monitor and then to his fists, clenching them)

Rock (narration): “You gotta upgrade me Doctor!” (Cut to his blue suit materializing on his body) “Give me the power to fight back!” (Close up on his head as his helmet and buster appear, his eyes glow brightly)

NEXT WINTER

Guts Man (voiced by Kyle Hebert) (about to throw a boulder when a bomb blows it up in his hands. He turns around to see Mega Man in his Hyper Bomb palette) “Bring it on, kid!” (charges towards him) (Bonnie Tyler’s Holding Out for a Hero starts playing)

BASED ON THE ICONIC VIDEO GAME SERIES

Cut Man (voiced by Alan Tudyk): “Can you beat THESE scissors, Rock?” (Throws a couple Boomerang Cutters at MM. Montage of MM taking on the Robot Masters, firing his Mega Buster, copying their powers, Roll hooked up to a hydrant and starts spraying down a burning building.)

GET EQUIPPED

Dr. Light (narration): “I want to believe there’s still some good in him.” (Wily working on machines and relishing in his evil actions)

Rock: “With all due respect Doctor, I don’t think a non-mad scientist would act like: (using a recording of Wily’s laugh) Mwa-hahaha!!” (imitating Wily’s pose while laughing)

Dr. Light: (raises his finger like he’s about to say something) “…fair point.”

AND POWER UP

(Giant electric sparks shoot out of a power plant)

Elec Man (voiced by Nathan Fillion): “If it isn’t Light’s golden child.”

(MM finds himself surrounded by all six Robot Masters at once)

Dr. Wily: “Tell me boy, what are you fighting for?” (Taunting MM from his UFO)

Mega Man: “I don’t wanna fight you…” (narrowly avoids Cut Boomerang as it sticks into the wall behind him) (Narration) “but I’ll do what it takes to protect my city.” (Slightly battle damaged with sparks flying, he gets back up with a determined look on his face. Cut to scenes of him
being consoled by Light and Roll.)

Mega Man: “I will fight for everyone's future!” (MM lifts up some rubble that trapped some of his classmates. He offers his hand out to them.)

(Montage of Mega Man dodging energy spheres, chasing down Wily’s UFO and about to fire the finishing blow to Elec Man as he’s charging towards him.)

(Giant “Mega Man” title appears on screen accompanied by an arranged version of the MM2 menu theme)

Human Friend™️: “Can he do any tricks?”

(Cut to Rush interacting with a live dog in the middle of a living room)

Rock: “Well, he can sit, shake, roll over.”

Human Friend: “I mean something my dog can’t do.”

Rock (now standing on top of Rush): “All right Rush, Jet Mode!”

Rush: “Ruff!” (Accidentally activates Rush Coil and sends Rock through the ceiling. Human friend tries to shield themselves while cringing)

Rock (half buried in the ceiling, Rush hanging off his foot trying to pull him out) “We’re still…working on that command.”

Coming Christmas 20XX!

I spent way too much time on this ****, any Mega Man fans I should tag for this?
Hey SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 curious about your thoughts on this

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So, I have to say there's definitely a lot more stuff I'm excited about after this direct.

I've never really got into Kirby but Forgotten Land definitely looks interesting, I enjoy open-world games, Odyssey was fun and this has a similar feel.

Been trying to get into the Castlevania games and heard the GBA games were lit, so I'll be picking those up at some point. Also noticed a Castlevania title on the Genesis.

Speaking of, Freaking Sega Genesis! As well as the N64, Gamecube was my first Nintendo console so I missed out on a lot of those games so I got a chance to catch up on some of them.

Metroid Dread, you'd think I'd be more excited to see Metroid in these directs but I'm literally sitting here like "NOOO! STOP SHOWING ME I ALREADY WANT TO BUY THE GAME!!!"

SMTV was present but not much else about the game was talked about but it's a title I'm interested in.

Splatoon 3 I'm on the fence, even though I've played plenty of the first two games so I'll probably pick it up, but it's fairly low priority. Early 2022 seems pretty stacked as is.

Bayo 3, I'm intrigued, haven't been too interested in the series, but I'll still be keeping an eye on the game.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Does it really? Each individual game has its own appeal, its own board, its own characters and games. It's no different than having SM64 on the platform knowing full well you were charged 60 bucks to have a newer version of it last year.
That is true, there’s still probably a lot of mini games or other content not from these in super stars. But I wouldn’t be surprised if they pushed superstars out first to hype up the nostalgia and make money before just charging extra for the games themselves.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The new bad guys for Kirby and the Forgotten Land are called Beast Corps.

Which I think may be large monstrous animalistic creatures to fight.
Now that I did not know.

Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom