• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Okay yeah that nude scene definitively qualifies as sexual harassment. And I'll never defend abandoning an animal like that.

I still don't think it's fair to go around calling him homophobic when he hasn't said or done anything that specifically qualifies (as far as we know). I do think it's an important distinction to make between someone who's complicit in homophobia (such as by voting for homophobic politicians) and someone who's outright homophobic (directing anger/fear towards homosexuals). Someone who's complicit might just be apathetic to LGBTQ+ rights. Granted that's still a bad thing and LGBTQ+ individuals still absolutely have a right to be upset by it.

I guess I just really value honesty in our language, especially in the socio-political world where misinformation runs rampant.
Maybe, he hasn't said anything but he still regularly attends such dangerous institutions. Like, even if he straight up didn't say anything, that still would raise eyebrows and I don't blame people for making that conclusion.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Im fine with time talking. Hell, I wanted them to talk. I’m not sure a big budget cinematic experience could be carried by “wahoo” and “okie dokie!”

Besides, I wanna see a Charlie Day breakdown as Luigi.
Daisy! Daisy! I gotta talk to you about Geno!

Truth is, there is no Daisy in HR.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I think the Super Mario Bros. movie would be better if they didn't have Mario, Luigi, and Bowser not talking and just like in the games the former two just saying their particular catchphrases (Voiced by their original current voice actors).

I could however let Peach fly by with talking.
The Tom and Jerry movie kept their two leads silent, remember how that one turned out

TimeJ

Smash Cadet
Direct was pretty good, E3 had more new stuff but this one had some pretty exciting updates.

3D Kirby look really fun
Superstars and Dread look really good
The Mario movie is cursed.

ALSO DISCO ELYSIUM ON SWITCH BABYYYYY. Please go play Disco Elysium if you haven't. It's an amazing experience and genuinely has the best writing in like any video game ever.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
On the topic of video game movies here are my best and worst:

Best: Detective Pikachu & Sonic the Hedgehog
Worst: Monster Hunter, Mortal Kombat (2021), DOA: Dead or Alive & Tekken.
Best: Rampage (2018), Mortal Kombat (1995), Mortal Kombat Legends 1 & 2
Worst: Mortal Kombat (2021), Resident Evil movies

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Maybe Tilda Swinton?
Looks her up

I like this one actually since like The Ancient One, I imagine Rosalina being the kind of character who is gentle, and kind on top of her motherliness but at the same time very wise and knowledgeable. Not to mention the voice that Tilda Swinton could give would really fit her since that's how I'd imagine she'd sound like.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
insert Parker WTF

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Ironic. People were begging for Danny Devito to play Detective Pikachu back in the day before Ryan Reynolds was announced.

Now we have another Philadelphia actor playing Luigi today. It all comes back in a circle.
Nintendo Cinematic Universe and the Smash Bros movie is just a glorified Always Sunny reunion

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Say if we ever got a Kid Icarus live-action or CGI animated film. Do you guys think Tom Holland would pull off a good Pit?

Who do you think would also play Palutena, Medusa, Hades, Dark Pit, Viridi, and Phosphora?

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Say if we ever got a Kid Icarus live-action or CGI animated film. Do you guys think Tom Holland would pull off a good Pit?

Who do you think would also play Palutena, Medusa, Hades, Dark Pit, Viridi, and Phosphora?
Kid Icarus cast looks so over the top that the only live-action version of them that I'll accept is if it's one of those weird musical-y Japanese stage plays.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Kid Icarus cast looks so over the top that the only live-action version of them that I'll accept is if it's one of those weird musical-y Japanese stage plays.
What about as an animated film whether 2D or CGI?

Live-action or animated I still see Tom Holland fitting for either.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Benedict Cumberbatch as King K. Rool (As of current I just imagine King K. Rool speaking with a British accent)
Danny Devito as Wario
Maya Rudolph or Tilda Swinton as Rosalina

Who would be good voice actors for Bowser Jr., Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, Funky Kong, Waluigi, Toadette, Toadsworth, and the Koopalings.

Recall someone already mentioned voice actresses for Daisy, don't remember who it was though.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Brie Larson Rosalina?

Though she's probably far more fit for Samus tbh.
Brie Larson would feel very misplaced. I still stand Maya Rudolph and Tilda Swinton would be the best choices, especially the latter. Plus can't see Brie Larson's voice really matching Rosalina especially given her character being mysterious yet also gentle, motherly, and wise. Why I think Tilda Swinton would be the best choice given her role as The Ancient One.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom