• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Bruh, looks like my chinese teacher can't come to classes today so apparently I have the day free.

That sucks, now idk what to do today.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Hey, it's been a while since I've checked Smashboards outside of Make Your Move, what's going on in the social threa-- is being thrown under the bus as a "massive transphobe" because people disagree with a poorly-worded Twitter opinion I shared on a cartoon monkey series

Normally, I wouldn't draw attention to remarks from someone who, on the day K. Rool was revealed in Smash, hilariously tweeted, "Shame Nintendo bowed to the KKK, otherwise excellent" based on a bad-faith reading of his old fan thread title. This in particular is one I want to nip in the bud, though, because I take great pride in being an LGBTQ ally (one among endless reasons why: our account co-owner themselves are part of the community).

Back in 2014, when I had significantly less awareness of transgender issues, I used the word "transvestite" in a s**** snarky response to someone in NeoGAF's Smash speculation thread. Out of thousands of posts I've done over 13+ years, there's not a single one I regret more deeply, which a few years ago let me to issue an apology post on the matter on ResetEra.

People can laugh at dumb DK takes when I have them, and the backlash to my recent one on Nintendo of America's SNES retrospective prompted introspection on my friend and my part on the sort of fan culture we want to contribute to in the lead-up to the series' return on Switch. That a number of users I can count on one hand still feel compelled to sling this specific mud the better part of a decade later, and for no discernible reason, mystifies me. It sure as hell is not going to go uncontested, though.
I was genuinely unaware of the apology and I'm glad that to be wrong there. That being said maybe don't pretend I made up a tweet joking about that, I double checked as I sure as **** didn't remember that so I searched both here and on twitter to find no such comment but rather mentions of how unfortunate the naming was as I saw what I felt was a concerning amount of overlap with people I know for a fact are white supremacists. Maybe when saying you got thrown under the bus, you shouldn't try to throw someone else under the bus about a tweet you made up, just a friendly word of advice

dezeray112

Smash Hero
God I could rant about that film and the BatB remake for hours
Watching that film is my biggest regret of the year so far.

Its interesting that one of the Prince Robert's henchmen who is played by Fra Fee is going to be a part of the upcoming Marvel Studios' Hawkeye series for Disney+ in which I do hope he gets more shine in show more than he did in the Cinderella 2021 film.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Or any of the lifeless bland live-action Disney remakes for that matter which includes Dumbo, Aladdin, The Lion King, and Mulan.

All only being made by Disney as a means of taking advantage of people's nostalgia. If people wants to watch the films, they can just watch the original animated classics.

Utterly pointless cash-grabs.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
D

Deleted member

Secrets of Eternity was released in January 2015. This set introduced the Infernoids, a series of monsters that can Special Summon themselves to the field by banishing other Infernoids from either the hand or graveyard. Notable cards in this set include Farfa, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, Qliphort Monolith, Uni-Zombie, Nephe Shaddoll Fusion, and a card that would bolster Satellarknight to combat the Burning Abyss Shaddoll meta, Stellarknight Constellar Diamond. In this series, both Nyhmnim and myself will be opening 24 booster packs or 1 box of a core Yu-Gi-Oh! booster set. We will build a deck and play a best 2 out of 3, and the winner will receive a small prize to upgrade their deck. HOWEVER! Each episode, we will open another box of the next set that was released moving in chronological order, constantly upgrading our decks before dueling each other at the end of each episode. This is the Yu-Gi-Oh! Progression Series.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Damn i need to go here because i need to talk about Deltarune CH 2 if i offend anyone just ignore that bit!

So pretty great without spoiling i can just say the wait makes full sense and my one week/ 7 chapters theory is true so thats nice
Nice theming and amazing gameplay too!
The susie and noelle stuff was okay tooo but considering Ut already had Unphys it didnt wow me! But otherwise its fine also because iplayed most of Ch1+2 in one day i was pretty unconcentrated for most of ch2 but otherwise again pretty great!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Marvel Studios' The Eternals is set to have a premier red carpet on October 18. I do expect the real marketing to commence probably by the end of this month similar to how Shang-Chi & the Legend of the Ten Rings had been marketed.

In other news, it looks like both Disney and Capcom are in talks to revive Marvel Vs Capcom 2 after the #FREEMVC2 campaign spread across social media.
Hopefully it's not just Marvel vs. Capcom 2 that they re-release - a Marvel vs. Capcom collection would be a must-buy for me. I'd love to play games like X-Men: Children of the Atom or Marvel Super Heroes to see how the series evolved. (plus, I missed out on Marvel vs. Capcom Origins when it was on the Xbox 360 for about two years)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I’m about to take the driver’s permit test, and I’m honestly pretty nervous.

Wish me luck.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ok. When so many of SpongeBob’s moves are just made up completely, they could have thrown in a few battle for bikini bottom references. Like. Mainly for me it’s the chomp move. What? Couldn’t that have been like the tippy toe bowling ball Bomb or something?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Ok. When so many of SpongeBob’s moves are just made up completely, they could have thrown in a few battle for bikini bottom references. Like. Mainly for me it’s the chomp move. What? Couldn’t that have been like the tippy toe bowling ball Bomb or something?
Maybe it was for rounding up the playstyle they had in mind for him?

It's hard to make a coherent moveset with just references and he already has plenty of them.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Maybe it was for rounding up the playstyle they had in mind for him?

It's hard to make a coherent moveset with just references and he already has plenty of them.
Eh. I suppose your right. I guess I just wanted something more overtly from that game since the motion of his spin attack here and there are kind of different.

Also it’s really killing me the game doesn’t have side specials or super moves. Like. Not just from a reference standpoint but just from my ocd. I know competitive players hate super moves but I don’t and it’s really killing me that none of these smash clones have them anymore! Just imagine SpongeBob unleashing Goofey Goober Rock or Danny doing the Ghostly Wail. The Turtles doing their super attacks from the arcade games. And other potential fighters doing all sorts of crazy things. That would be so hype!

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I was genuinely unaware of the apology and I'm glad that to be wrong there. That being said maybe don't pretend I made up a tweet joking about that, I double checked as I sure as **** didn't remember that so I searched both here and on twitter to find no such comment but rather mentions of how unfortunate the naming was as I saw what I felt was a concerning amount of overlap with people I know for a fact are white supremacists. Maybe when saying you got thrown under the bus, you shouldn't try to throw someone else under the bus about a tweet you made up, just a friendly word of advice
Checked, and you're right, that specific remark was someone else involved in yesterday's discussion. As I'm not big into false or misleading accusations, I've removed that portion of my post. My apologies. It is nice to see apparent recognition that the idea that Sakurai including K. Rool represents Nintendo "bowing to the KKK" is ridiculous. White supremacists have no home in any community I oversee, regardless of which characters they support.

As a user who started here in 2014 this is the first time I’ve heard of any of this so don’t beat yourself up or get riled up over it. We all make mistakes and you apologized for it and that’s about the best you can do.

Honestly, although I was aware of you being a coowner of the account I was unsure of if it was you or your corunner that made the regrettably worded tweet. I do know that me saying that “ruined everything” was a bit harsh though and fit that I apologize.

Good to see you around again though, bud. Sorry it happened to be at a sour time. You’re always welcome to pop in whenever you want.
Thank you, and no worries, we appreciate constructive feedback, even when blunt. In a perfect world, Nintendo of America would discuss the biggest SNES games in a more even fashion on an SNES retrospective, but it was a nonissue that I blew out of proportion. I hope you and others will see a more concerted approach on DK fan positivity leading up to the new game, because I definitely want to make that a focus post-reveal.

I'm sure I'll poke my head in once the last DLC character is revealed. This pass' characters themselves aren't especially up my alley but I've had a great time listening to Sakurai get into granular details of their movesets in his different presentations. Never thought I'd see the day he'd say the phrase "frame data" with a straight face, but stranger things have happened.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Eh. I suppose your right. I guess I just wanted something more overtly from that game since the motion of his spin attack here and there are kind of different.

Also it’s really killing me the game doesn’t have side specials or super moves. Like. Not just from a reference standpoint but just from my ocd. I know competitive players hate super moves but I don’t and it’s really killing me that none of these smash clones have them anymore! Just imagine SpongeBob unleashing Goofey Goober Rock or Danny doing the Ghostly Wail. The Turtles doing their super attacks from the arcade games. And other potential fighters doing all sorts of crazy things. That would be so hype!
Yeah, the game seems like it's been made with pretty much only competitive players in mind and I can't say it didn't hurt my impression of it.

I'll give the developer their dues, the movesets we've seen so far fit the characters well, even if the game is too fast to see them.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Hope we get another Nick Brawl moveset breakdown soon. We appear to be due for one. My guess is that next they would do Powdered Toast Man before diving in to the Tinja Nurtles.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Hope we get another Nick Brawl moveset breakdown soon. We appear to be due for one. My guess is that next they would do Powdered Toast Man before diving in to the Tinja Nurtles.
Heroes in a Half Shell
Nurtle Power
25227E20-D3B4-4E31-BA8B-646C56288247.gif

osby

Smash Obsessed
Why do gamers think Nintendo and Microsoft buying other companies is the solution to all problems in the world?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, the game seems like it's been made with pretty much only competitive players in mind and I can't say it didn't hurt my impression of it.

I'll give the developer their dues, the movesets we've seen so far fit the characters well, even if the game is too fast to see them.
Then again. The Space Madness stage is a thing. I’m willing to bet it might be a budget thing because well…. everything. And like… heh. If they’re doing dlc I can imagine them doing something like what Street Fighter V did where they’re like “we’re on year 2 of the game so we’re adding new mechanics like super moves and side specials!”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom