• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So stages I've thought of so far for my Nick vs. CN project.

Avatar: The Last Airbender/Samurai Jack
Danny Phantom/Ben 10 - Ghost Zone/Null Void
My Life as a Teenage Robot/Generator Rex
Invader Zim/Courage the Cowardly Dog
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/Powerpuff Girls
The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius/Dexter's Laboratory
The Legend of Korra/OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes
The Ren & Stimpy Show/Cow and Chicken

What do you think The Amazing World of Gumball would fit better with? Spongebob or The Loud House?

Also if I just can't think of enough stages where two franchises from both sides are fused together matches thematically, I'll just go ahead and make them separate.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Hey, it's been a while since I've checked Smashboards outside of Make Your Move, what's going on in the social threa-- is being thrown under the bus as a "massive transphobe" because people disagree with a poorly-worded Twitter opinion I shared on a cartoon monkey series

Normally, I wouldn't draw attention to these sorts of false remarks, but this in particular is one I want to nip in the bud, because I take great pride in being an LGBTQ ally (one among endless reasons why: our account co-owner themselves are part of the community).

Back in 2014, when I had significantly less awareness of transgender issues, I used the word "transvestite" in a s**** snarky response to someone in NeoGAF's Smash speculation thread. Out of thousands of posts I've done over 13+ years, there's not a single one I regret more deeply, which a few years ago led me to issue an apology post on the matter on ResetEra.

People can laugh at dumb DK takes when I have them, and the backlash to my recent one on Nintendo of America's SNES retrospective prompted introspection on my friend and my part on the sort of fan culture we want to contribute to in the lead-up to the series' return on Switch. That a number of users I can count on one hand still feel compelled to sling this specific mud the better part of a decade later, and for no discernible reason, mystifies me. It sure as hell is not going to go uncontested, though.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Iron Man: Armored Adventures
Fantastic Four: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes
Wolverine and the X-Men

That’s three that I can remember. I don’t know if other shows of the day managed to evade me.
that was all. No other show from Marvel would be on Nicktoons since…Disney buyout
How should they do Plankton in Nick Brawl?
grow him up and use a hammer ala Globs of Doom

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
How many stages did Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 have exactly? Trying to get an idea of how many stages for my Nick vs. CN project and to see if I can still retain the whole concept of two shows from both sides being fused like PSASBR and Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Who do you think they would get to voice the two characters in Nick Brawl whoes voices have died (if they ever tried to get voice acting). Them being Powdered Toast Man and Oblina.
Assuming they don’t use archive clips.

Corey Burton voiced PTM in Nicktoons MLB, and Candi Milo could probably do a good soundalike for Oblina

How should they do Plankton in Nick Brawl?
Either a mech or operating on top of Karen’s head

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
It took me several days but i finally got the Moogle in Yokai watch 3.

No matter How many times i think about it it's weird That this series has 3 crossovers with Final fantasy. This was probably one of the bigger factor in Level 5's current Money problems considering How expensive the FF ip Is

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Thank god

I was wondering about the lore of the bread angry game
Here's how it goes.
First up is Fish, a guy with a watch gives a man two loaves of bread which appear to be sentient. One of the bread is taken to the pet shop fed to fish while the other goes home with the man thus starting the plot of I am Bread.

Next is Bread, the man named Bob is going through problems and needs therapy after suspecting that the bread he bought is going around trashing his house in different rooms for 5 days. After said bread caused the petrol station to explode on Sunday, he finally snaps and breaks out determined to finish off that pesky bread. Said bread somehow gets into his car which causes a crash, oh and a familiar hand with a watch reaches through...

Which starts off Surgeon Simulator!

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Nintendo Life are still living in the Mario vs. Sonic days apparently.

They recently put out an article basically trashing every game in the series that wasn't the original trilogy + Mania.

Noipoi

Howdy!

They recently put out an article basically trashing every game in the series that wasn't the original trilogy + Mania.
Some people were Nintendo kids in the 90s, saw the sega commercials trashing Nintendo, got into arguments on the playground, and never let it go.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Hey, it's been a while since I've checked Smashboards outside of Make Your Move, what's going on in the social threa-- is being thrown under the bus as a "massive transphobe" because people disagree with a poorly-worded Twitter opinion I shared on a cartoon monkey series

Normally, I wouldn't draw attention to remarks from someone who, on the day K. Rool was revealed in Smash, hilariously tweeted, "Shame Nintendo bowed to the KKK, otherwise excellent" based on a bad-faith reading of his old fan thread title. This in particular is one I want to nip in the bud, though, because I take great pride in being an LGBTQ ally (one among endless reasons why: our account co-owner themselves are part of the community).

Back in 2014, when I had significantly less awareness of transgender issues, I used the word "transvestite" in a s**** snarky response to someone in NeoGAF's Smash speculation thread. Out of thousands of posts I've done over 13+ years, there's not a single one I regret more deeply, which a few years ago let me to issue an apology post on the matter on ResetEra.

People can laugh at dumb DK takes when I have them, and the backlash to my recent one on Nintendo of America's SNES retrospective prompted introspection on my friend and my part on the sort of fan culture we want to contribute to in the lead-up to the series' return on Switch. That a number of users I can count on one hand still feel compelled to sling this specific mud the better part of a decade later, and for no discernible reason, mystifies me. It sure as hell is not going to go uncontested, though.
As a user who started here in 2014 this is the first time I’ve heard of any of this so don’t beat yourself up or get riled up over it. We all make mistakes and you apologized for it and that’s about the best you can do.

Honestly, although I was aware of you being a coowner of the account I was unsure of if it was you or your corunner that made the regrettably worded tweet. I do know that me saying that “ruined everything” was a bit harsh though and fit that I apologize.

Good to see you around again though, bud. Sorry it happened to be at a sour time. You’re always welcome to pop in whenever you want.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

They're only wrong because none of the Sonic games are good.

Their description of Sonic Adventure sounds apt. From my experience it's one of the better 3D Sonic games but even then I'd only really call it okay. Sonic's biggest threat wasn't Eggman or Chaos in that game, it was the jank.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Some people were Nintendo kids in the 90s, saw the sega commercials trashing Nintendo, got into arguments on the playground, and never let it go.
Lots of people never let go of how they were treated as children. I know you’re joking. But stuff from back then become part of our foundational building blocks and it becomes almost impossible to let go of it. Which is why we should be teaching kids peaceful argument resolution as soon as possible. I’m not saying there shouldn’t be conflict in kids lives. I’m just saying it shouldn’t go eternally unresolved.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

"Sonic stopped being good after 3K."
-Someone who never played Sonic.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
I’m not playing the worst Sonic game. I’ve played the worst Final Fantasy game, I can’t imagine how Sonic 06 would play, but it’s janky.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
FFII has some shockingly bad design choices. Yeah, I love how the game puts enemies that deal thousands of damage with physical attacks in the middle of the game. Oh, and if they aren’t doing that kind of damage they’re inflicting status conditions on you. It’s not hard like FFIV or FFIII, just poorly designed. What’s worse is that the bosses (unlike FFV’s) are ****ing pushovers.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

Nintendo Life's articles are mostly garbage. They know controversy brings clicks so a lot of them are intentionally mean-spirited and lacks professionality.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah, and everyone knows that Mega Man and Metroid are the REAL games!

Mega Man Feeling Vibes.gif

poor WandaVision
If they were gonna nominate any cape shows, should've done more stuff for Falcon and Winter Soldier.

Also, man they REALLY love giving awards to shows about British Royalty.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Everyone always talks about wanting Garfield in Nick Brawl. And if he gets in… I kind of want Orson from the US Acres half of Garfield and Friends too. Just because I think it would be neat since that half of the program doesn’t get remember nearly as often.

D

Deleted member

Nintendo Life's articles are mostly garbage. They know controversy brings clicks so a lot of them are intentionally mean-spirited and lacks professionality.
They gave the Alex Kidd remake a 5/10 and destroyed It on the review for playing like the original game, which is kinda wtf.

At least with that new update they are releasing we are getting other control options.

Smady

Smash Master
Just wanted to give my 2 cents here that having known BKupa for over a decade and talked to him constantly in various chats for much of that time, cannot recall any hateful comments he has ever made. Anyone in those communities would tell you the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom