• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I actually don't like these kinds of people.
What really gets me frustrated with people who do post that unironically is that they're the same ones who cry against Nintendo taking fangames and emulation projects down and claim it doesn't hurt them to let it exist. "The company's products aren't threatened by this!"

And then they more than happily tell you you shouldn't give them your money for remasters/ports and just play stuff for free instead.

Then they act flabbergasted when companies come after them.

They are literally proving companies who try to use scare tactics against fan projects point when they do this.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Since we're on the topic of Nick.

Do any of you guys own any of the complete series of any of their shows or CN on disc?

Because I do. I have both The Complete Series' of The Angry Beavers and CatDog. I also have all of Danny Phantom though it's not The Complete Series but rather I have all the seasons. Although I'm not really into the show as much as I used to be back then.

Would love to get both The Complete Series' of Courage the Cowardly Dog (I'll definitely be grabbing Scooby meets Courage day one) and The Regular Show.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Since we're on the topic of Nick.

Do any of you guys own any of the complete series of any of their shows or CN on disc?

Because I do. I have both The Complete Series' of The Angry Beavers and CatDog. I also have all of Danny Phantom though it's not The Complete Series but rather I have all the seasons. Although I'm not really into the show as much as I used to be back then.

Would love to get both The Complete Series' of Courage the Cowardly Dog (I'll definitely be grabbing Scooby meets Courage day one) and The Regular Show.

MooMew64

TBH playing Colors on Dolphin will actually be more trouble than it's worth when if you really hate the small changes they made in the rerelease, modders will patch those suckers in a few short months and do it through a mod loader that will most likely be simple plug'n play.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
What really gets me frustrated with people who do post that unironically is that they're the same ones who cry against Nintendo taking fangames and emulation projects down and claim it doesn't hurt them to let it exist. "The company's products aren't threatened by this!"

And then they more than happily tell you you shouldn't give them your money for remasters/ports and just play stuff for free instead.

Then they act flabbergasted when companies come after them.

They are literally proving companies who try to use scare tactics against fan projects point when they do this.
Nintendo fans somehow tricked themselves into believing that emulating and pirating is a flex. That's not a flex my guy, we all pirated **** because we want free stuff, we all have grievances with companies and capitalism, just let people do as they please because nothing is ethical under capitalism. Y'all are just being narcs on yourselves at this point.

Also, they're the ones making C&D memes on fan projects but then don't even bother downloading the game. But that deserves a seperate post tbh.

Inb4 someone calls me a bootlicker even though I have a GBA emulator installed on my computer, and had an NES emulator on my old one.

Last edited:

MooMew64

Nintendo fans somehow tricked themselves into believing that emulating and pirating is a flex. That's not a flex my guy, we all pirated **** because we want free stuff, we all have grievances with companies and capitalism, just let people do as they please because nothing is ethical under capitalism. Y'all are just being narcs on yourselves at this point.

Also, they're the ones making C&D memes on fan projects but then don't even bother downloading the game. But that deserves a seperate post tbh.

Inb4 someone calls me a bootlicker even though I have a GBA emulator installed on my computer, and had an NES emulator on my old one.
As I've stated before, I love emulation, I just stand by the right ways to use it:

- Own the game? Then who cares if you emulate it: It's literally no different than playing it on OG hardware.

- Don't own the game, but it's put of print and second hand sellers are the only way to buy it? Emulation is perfectly fine, it in no way harms the developers or publishers: They don't make money off of second hand sellers scalping a product they hold no rights to profit off of.

- Game was never released in your country? See above.

- Want to play a mod? See above.

But yeah, no duh: If you're using it as a tool to get stuff for free that you could pay for, publishers and devs are gonna get mad. Rightfully so, it's their product, they put hundreds if not thousands of hours of their life into, they deserve to be payed for their work.

As someone who dreams of making games someday, I see the merits of both side's stance. Part of the reason there can't be compromise is because of people who treat piracy like a flex. People can and will abuse things: It's an unfortunate truth.

It's a topic that has both very simple and yet complex facets to it. It has a lot of nuance and it always pains me to see people oversimplify it.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Since we're getting rather close to the end of this year so far. May as well give my opinions on the best, most disappointing and worst films of this year I've seen.

Best: Godzilla vs. Kong, Mortal Kombat Legends: Battle of the Realms, Nobody, The Mitchells vs. The Machines, The Suicide Squad
Most Disappointing: Army of the Dead, Mortal Kombat (2021)
Worst: Awake, Shadow in the Cloud, Space Jam: A New Legacy

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Patrick moveset reveal
If you've known Mamboo more like I do, you should know he's a massive Loud House fan and Lincoln is his favorite character.

Nothing wrong with that.
oh I wasn’t serious about being shocked
BLARGHARGHARGH!

such beauty
TMNT 2012 is still on Hulu, others idk, and I’m sure Glitch Techs is permanently on Netflix ala Daredevil
Nothing is permanent and lawyers are Wiley. Although, I don’t exactly mind because Glitch Techs stands a better chance of getting renewed on Netflix then anywhere else.

please Nick. Give the show a second season. Let them finish their story arc!

As for TMNT 2012…. I just hope they’re able to get it off there soon. Hulu is now a majority mouse company and so many great non-mouse shows are trapped there.

I do also wonder if they’re ever gonna get the 87 show on there. I mean, I have absolutely no desire to watch it. But it would be nice if a new fan only had to buy one service to access the entire franchise
they don’t own the streaming or airing rights to the 87 series…only everything else that isn’t the show, while there’s gonna be some time until the NickTurtles have their deal end there…take as much time as needed tbh (not being able to go through the credits and then go to the next episode…it’s a struggle). Sometimes you just want to listen to the credits and then automatically go to the next episode…not listen then manually change episodes

Also Nick is still in charge of the show, they’re the ones who decided to put it on Netflix to make room for other tv series. Most likely their Nick stuff exclusivity made to air on Netflix will stay there…and they’ll never give us a 3rd season at this rate
Most of my knowledge of him comes from my sister's nerdy Spiderman rambles but yes.
Spider-Man rambles are the best way to learn about important knowledge

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I’m just grateful Patrick had the cone and laser butt combos that shall become a thing

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You could play it with a normal controller on the Wii.
I tried playing with the classic controller. Never felt right. I tried playing with just the Wii Mote. Never felt right. I tried playing with the mote+Chuck combo. Never felt right. No substitution for an Xbox One/Switch controller that’s the proper shape and has all the buttons and sticks in the right places.
OG Wii already let you play with Classic or GCN.
I wouldn’t call either of those regular controllers. Plus if you use your Wii U to play Wii games (who wouldn’t) then you just can’t use the GameCube controller period.
they don’t own the streaming or airing rights to the 87 series…only everything else that isn’t the show, while there’s gonna be some time until the NickTurtles have their deal end there…take as much time as needed tbh (not being able to go through the credits and then go to the next episode…it’s a struggle). Sometimes you just want to listen to the credits and then automatically go to the next episode…not listen then manually change episodes
I mean yeah. But they can’t be that hard to get. They have Sonic SatAM on there for Pete sake.

And yeah. Skipping the credits feels like a necessary thing that I can’t believe is missing. But I would still rather all of Nick’s shows be on their own streaming platform so I don’t have to give money to the mouse.
Also Nick is still in charge of the show, they’re the ones who decided to put it on Netflix to make room for other tv series. Most likely their Nick stuff exclusivity made to air on Netflix will stay there…and they’ll never give us a 3rd season at this rate
The creator and a few execs have said that if the show does well enough on Netflix then they have the power to get more episodes made. I know it still probably won’t get another season (:(), but there is a tiny bit of hope.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Last drawing for the week. Sort of a follow up on two other pieces I did. But this time it's Storm, since she's my favorite female superhero.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Goodnight folks
I went to bed way too late last night and woke up at 6 but I ain't makin that mistake again today

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
As I've stated before, I love emulation, I just stand by the right ways to use it:

- Own the game? Then who cares if you emulate it: It's literally no different than playing it on OG hardware.

- Don't own the game, but it's put of print and second hand sellers are the only way to buy it? Emulation is perfectly fine, it in no way harms the developers or publishers: They don't make money off of second hand sellers scalping a product they hold no rights to profit off of.

- Game was never released in your country? See above.

- Want to play a mod? See above.

But yeah, no duh: If you're using it as a tool to get stuff for free that you could pay for, publishers and devs are gonna get mad. Rightfully so, it's their product, they put hundreds if not thousands of hours of their life into, they deserve to be payed for their work.

As someone who dreams of making games someday, I see the merits of both side's stance. Part of the reason there can't be compromise is because of people who treat piracy like a flex. People can and will abuse things: It's an unfortunate truth.

It's a topic that has both very simple and yet complex facets to it. It has a lot of nuance and it always pains me to see people oversimplify it.
I don't even care if people pirate games in general, just stop pretending that it's a flex lmao.

We all do it at some point. We like free ****.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I mean yeah. But they can’t be that hard to get. They have Sonic SatAM on there for Pete sake.

And yeah. Skipping the credits feels like a necessary thing that I can’t believe is missing. But I would still rather all of Nick’s shows be on their own streaming platform so I don’t have to give money to the mouse.

The creator and a few execs have said that if the show does well enough on Netflix then they have the power to get more episodes made. I know it still probably won’t get another season (:(), but there is a tiny bit of hope.
better game and glitch life hard enough for that 3rd season then…and I like to assume the old Sonic shows are there cause of the movie

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Last drawing for the week. Sort of a follow up on two other pieces I did. But this time it's Storm, since she's my favorite female superhero.

Didn't said it before, but I love this design of Storm.

You did her justice.

Also feeling much better today, having a big nap after work probably helped there lol.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl dev claims nobody has correctly predicted the game's roster

View attachment 328964
it’s all because we can’t break them to spill some more beans yet

funny enough, most of the topics that’s about who won’t get in are always about the Holy Four (Jimmy, Timmy, Jenny, and Rocko)

and for all future Patrick mains…good news
D3D42EE8-AF25-4E40-8F67-31DF41141A81.jpeg

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Yo Shroob Shroob , remember that Lisa The Joyful Mod that I shared to you that looked promising named Growing Pain?

Well, while we don't have gameplay yet, one of the composer for it as been uploading songs here and there that will be in the mod, and today I wanted to share this one that I founded really cool.

Hope you enjoy it, and if you do, look up the other songs he made, gotta share the joy & likes to those awesome fellas!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
They say everything you put online is there forever. That's a big fat lie. I still can't find an old beloved fanfiction that I never copied or downloaded because I never thought I would need to and I'm really disappointed because of that. There is no traceable way to find it unless I know more information than I do, and nobody else seems to remember it when I ask online.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
for after y’all watch What If @Jotadé dezeray112 dezeray112

if you want happiness that’s what episode 2 is for…or hit classics like Spidey & His Amazing Friends
Just managed to watch the latest episode today and it felt like no matter how much this version of Stephen Strange had tried to prevent any tragic disasters that involved Christine Palmer, there is no way he could save her at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom