• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Pokémon Unite doesn’t seem that bad for a non-Pokémon Stan or fan such as myself

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Not a rumor, more speculation.

Things have been happening throughout this week that seem to possibly maybe hopefully coincide with a Direct on the 8th.

Could mean something, could mean nothing. Odds are decent, though.
Ain't gonna lie but I'd be a wee bit overindulged if it was a Nintendo Direct one day and then the PS5 showcase the next IMO.

Plus that's means our time together for all of us would really be drawing to a close on the social thread. Like the final few weeks.

D

Deleted member

What’s wrong with it? You’re certain to get enough lands in your starting hand. You have incredible consistency. And almost none of your opponent’s removal can get rid of your permanents.

/s, obviously
I think it’s even funnier how this deck went 4-0, despite being just lands

even though the only reason this “deck” existed is to protest the pauper fomat and compel WOTC to actually ban stuff. 11 out of the 12 decks were nothing but land piles

Dutch Raikuna

♫And so you're back
From outer space
I just walked in to find you here
With that sad look upon your face
I should have changed that stupid lock
I should have made you leave your key
If I've have known for just one second
You'd be back to bother me

Go on now go
Walk out the door
Just turn around now
'Cause you're not welcome anymore
Weren't you the one who tried to break me with goodbye
Did you think I'd crumble?
Did you think I'd lay down and die?
Oh no, not I
I will survive

**** it. The Arashi/Scarlet Nexus pfp is over for the weekend.

We going back to the Men in Black.

1630715016713.png

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Ain't gonna lie but I'd be a wee bit overindulged if it was a Nintendo Direct one day and then the PS5 showcase the next IMO.

Plus that's means our time together for all of us would really be drawing to a close on the social thread. Like the final few weeks.
I know I've brought this up before but is there like some sort of rule saying we need to abandon this place ASAP after the final character is revealed? Just leave when you're tired of it, geez.

Social has never been just Smash.

Dutch Raikuna

I know I've brought this up before but is there like some sort of rule saying we need to abandon this place ASAP after the final character is revealed? Just leave when you're tired of it, geez.

Social has never been just Smash.
Yeah I suppose. Just after hearing it a while back as for how quiet it was between 4 and Ultimate. Then again cause of the closeness of some of the members I don't think it will be like that.

Plus I'm not leaving as much. Who else is supposed to comment with your ass on being a weeb?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Beat Misty. That gym was cool looking, but I totally wasn't expecting Scald. So cool that this game gives Misty's ace a nightmarish attack. Very cool. Anyways, my team:

Eevee, Nidorino, Beedrill, Bellsprout, Pidgeotto, Pikachu

Went back and grabbed Nidoran male with the Jolly nature. Because my bros know Nidoking is always gonna be a Kanto team pick.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Yeah I suppose. Just after hearing it a while back as for how quiet it was between 4 and Ultimate. Then again cause of the closeness of some of the members I don't think it will be like that.

Plus I'm not leaving as much. Who else is supposed to comment with your ass on being a weeb?
I doubt it'll be too quiet for us since it's inevitable that some people from the Newcomer Speculation thread will migrate over here when it's all over. Whether or not that's a good thing remains to be seen, though.

But yeah, your company is always appreciated. Just don't feel like you have to stick around for my sake. If you're ready to go, that's fine. I'll start using Discord more often to talk to you if I must, despite not liking it all too much.

Dutch Raikuna

I doubt it'll be too quiet for us since it's inevitable that some people from the Newcomer Speculation thread will migrate over here when it's all over. Whether or not that's a good thing remains to be seen, though.

But yeah, your company is always appreciated. Just don't feel like you have to stick around for my sake. If you're ready to go, that's fine. I'll start using Discord more often to talk to you if I must, despite not liking it all too much.
1. Yeah I can see that with the migration. I know a few people here could probably be leaving after. I don't think it'll be a jump the sinking ship sort of thing for a while. I know a few over there who I am alright of.

2. Same to you dude on being around and I see you as a close friend both IRL and online. I'll be around like normal for a while but if I start to see a good number of common members leave or not being around as much, it'd put a bit of pressure on me honestly to be like that.

3. As for Discord...............they do have the new threads thing which while I don't like too much I could see it being a bit easier for people who aren't as fond of the chat log. I know you, Noi and Osby are a few who aren't as fond of Discord but that's why I'm looking into ways to make you guys feel more comfortable to use it.
Using threads, having a "slow talk" channel etc. Maybe voice if needed.

On that Lamp, I'm a man of my word to do everything to make that happen. To you and the few I've mentioned.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

It's been suggested before by others on the newcomer thread, including former staff, but creating some kind of separate thread specifically for Smash discussion once the DLC wraps up, whether its a generic Smash social or whatnot, would do a good lot for this site in order to be able to separate Smash discussion from all the non Smash/non video game stuff on this thread.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
Yeah, I'm seeing people have quite a bit of technical issues with Colors Ultimate. Some minor, others got their save data corrupted.

Good job SEGA
You must hate Sega, do you?

If anything, this was mostly Blind Squirrel Entertainment's doing, and they are not known for making good remasters.

Sega may have been involved, but if anything, they chose the wrong company to remaster this game.

Dutch Raikuna

It's been suggested before by others on the newcomer thread, including former staff, but creating some kind of separate thread specifically for Smash discussion once the DLC wraps up, whether its a generic Smash social or whatnot, would do a good lot for this site in order to be able to separate Smash discussion from all the non Smash/non video game stuff on this thread.
I know there was a site that did this years ago (who's name I've forgotten) that did something like this and simplified the homepage to make people go to non-game discussion more easily. Helped keep the community afloat between releases well.

There's also the fact that on Discord, I can talk a lot more openly on certain things and show off others more easily, away from "sticky fingers". And if a lot of us are still talking in like a year's time I kinda want to not have that marking of you guys as like "Smashboards friends." Doesn't make a difference really but there's that connection in the head still.

Just for the weekend. Been thinking of a live action pfp for a while.

Was gonna go for John Wick or something from Tarantino but my ideas would have had too much blood.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
You must hate Sega, do you?

If anything, this was mostly Blind Squirrel Entertainment's doing, and they are not known for making good remasters.

Sega may have been involved, but if anything, they chose the wrong company to remaster this game.
Blind Squirrel did significantly better remasters before, such as Bioshock and Mass Effect. The fact that Colors Ultimate released in the state that it is rn seems to be on Sega not giving them ample time or resources to make sure the game had all the kinks worked out, which they have dine before with other companies.

And to answer your question, all game companies are bad. Including SEGA

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
Blind Squirrel did significantly better remasters before, such as Bioshock and Mass Effect. The fact that Colors Ultimate released in the state that it is rn seems to be on Sega not giving them ample time or resources to make sure the game had all the kinks worked out, which they have dine before with other companies.

And to answer your question, all game companies are bad. Including SEGA
But did they do greater remasters all the time? I understand there are some issues, but Sega’s involvement can’t have made it that bad.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna
and I learned how to get along

And so you're back from outer space
I just walked in to find you here with that sad look upon your face
If I'd have known for just one second you'd be back to bother me

Go on now, go. Walk out the door

Dutch Raikuna

Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna
and I learned how to get along

And so you're back from outer space
I just walked in to find you here with that sad look upon your face
If I'd have known for just one second you'd be back to bother me

Go on now, go. Walk out the door
Frank: [singing "I Will Survive"] "... and I learned to get along, and so you're back from outer space, I just walked in to find you here with that sad look upon your face, I should have changed that stupid lock, I should have made you leave your key, if I had known for just one second you'd be back to bother me, go on, now go, walk out the door..."

Agent J: Frank! Bring your head in this window before before I roll it up in there.

Frank: [Sits further away from the window] Got it! [Starts humming the melody, looking anxiously out the window]

Agent J: FRANK!

I love the pug so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom