• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
But did they do greater remasters all the time? I understand there are some issues, but Sega’s involvement can’t have made it that bad.
Yes, they are a company that quite literally only does ports and remasters. Given their track record, they should have no issue with a Wii game. SEGA hired them, SEGA oversees them, SEGA sets the deadlines and everything, so yes, I will be pinning this on SEGA.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
Yes, they are a company that quite literally only does ports and remasters. Given their track record, they should have no issue with a Wii game. SEGA hired them, SEGA oversees them, SEGA sets the deadlines and everything, so yes, I will be pinning this on SEGA.
I think you are giving Blind Squirrel too much credit. Not saying that Sega isn’t at fault but still.

Plus, the game got good reviews and was supposed to come out in 2020 but got delayed.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Just looking through Wikiquote and found my favourite one from The Room.

Steven: I feel like I'm sitting on an atomic bomb waitin' for it to go off!
Chris R: Five minutes? You want five ****ing minutes, Denny? You know what? [pulls out gun] I doesn't dangerous in FIVE ****ING MINUTES!!
Derek
: Chris R, calm down.
Chris R.: I'm sorry, kid. Go home, or I'll call the Mother.

Yeah we just go a little mad sometimes bro.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I think you are giving Blind Squirrel too much credit. Not saying that Sega isn’t at fault but still.
Maybe, but SEGA definitely has a large part to play in this. They did this before, just see look at how they treated Big Red Button
Plus, the game got good reviews and was supposed to come out in 2020 but got delayed.
So did Sonic 4.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Sonic Colors Complete!

0C71F3AB-CADD-466D-8C4D-227590B5DA53.png

What a fun nostalgia ride that was (and it won’t be the only nostalgia ride I have this year).

It’s kinda funny that I beat it in a day. When I was a kid it took me months to beat. It felt like a ****in saga, and when I finally beat it I felt like I had accomplished something incredible. Now I just feel like I played a fun Sonic game.

Now I gotta get all the red rings and the chaos emeralds.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Maybe, but SEGA definitely has a large part to play in this. They did this before, just see look at how they treated Big Red Button

So did Sonic 4.
Yeah, I did not say Sega was faultless, but your hatred for Sega is exaggerated. Those games, Sonic Boom RoL and Sonic 4 were made long ago. The company, Sega did say they were trying to change in some aspects. They just have to work in giving better deadlines, but they can’t be that bad. I think you are overreacting some.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, I did not say Sega was faultless, but your hatred for Sega is exaggerated. Those games, Sonic Boom RoL and Sonic 4 were made long ago. The company, Sega did say they were trying to change in some aspects. They just have to work in giving better deadlines, but they can’t be that bad. I think you are overreacting some.
SEGA sucks like all game companies. I have every right not to like them.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
In that case.

We all suck.

I just solved insultation. Applaud me.

Noipoi Noipoi I respect people who draw without stabilizers.

But I am not one of them and I will go insane if I do not, so hello streamline tool.
I respect people who can draw in general.

I would like to draw but I suck at transferring from mind to paper unless it's writing.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
But did they do greater remasters all the time? I understand there are some issues, but Sega’s involvement can’t have made it that bad.
The Bioshock and Mass Effect remasters are fine, ME1's is fantastic given the original aged like milk.
Sonic Colours, having beaten it just now, is a really bad remaster unfortunately. Given Blind Squirrel's record, I do in fact blame Sega, there's no reason this couldn't have been pushed back a bit.

You have the original Wii cutscenes with nothing done to bring them up to the same resolution as the rest of the game so they stand out at potato quality, the Switch port is 30fps for some reason, the framerate is woefully unstable at times of which I don't recall it being unstable, the general artstyle is now much darker and frankly more boring, the menus are slow and laggy, the load times are longer than the original Wii version, the sound mixing is horrible so you can't hear the music over the sound effects and no, the options don't let you fix this because the sound options for music and sfx are the same for some reason, there's general graphical glitches that people have documented, the game actually crashed on me before getting Frenzy for the first time, people have documented their save files getting corrupted as a result of crashes and a bunch of other issues.

Sonic Colours is still a good game at it's core despite the issues with the remaster and I largely enjoyed it outside of the game crashing and the music problem. It's just that the remaster does a heavy disservice to an otherwise good game.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Either way, while they were overseeing the game and may have had a hand at some things, Blind Squirrel still did most of the technical work. Blaming Sega for most of what happened instead of Blind Squirrel is like blaming someone for screwing up when it was another’s fault, slightly less in this case maybe. Plus, I did hear bad things about Blind Squirrel’s work environment, so there’s that.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The Bioshock and Mass Effect remasters are fine, ME1's is fantastic given the original aged like milk.
Sonic Colours, having beaten it just now, is a really bad remaster unfortunately. Given Blind Squirrel's record, I do in fact blame Sega, there's no reason this couldn't have been pushed back a bit.

You have the original Wii cutscenes with nothing done to bring them up to the same resolution as the rest of the game so they stand out at potato quality, the Switch port is 30fps for some reason, the framerate is woefully unstable at times of which I don't recall it being unstable, the general artstyle is now much darker and frankly more boring, the menus are slow and laggy, the load times are longer than the original Wii version, the sound mixing is horrible so you can't hear the music over the sound effects and no, the options don't let you fix this because the sound options for music and sfx are the same for some reason, there's general graphical glitches that people have documented, the game actually crashed on me before getting Frenzy for the first time, people have documented their save files getting corrupted as a result of crashes and a bunch of other issues.

Sonic Colours is still a good game at it's core despite the issues with the remaster and I largely enjoyed it outside of the game crashing and the music problem. It's just that the remaster does a heavy disservice to an otherwise good game.
So, would the physical version be any different, assuming the reviewers got physical review copies before giving the game good reviews?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
It's wild how Sega can get away with mismanaging their mascot tbh

So, would the physical version be any different, assuming the reviewers got physical review copies before giving the game good reviews?
No, that's not how it works at all. They're the exact same game.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It's wild how Sega can get away with mismanaging their mascot tbh

No, that's not how it works at all. They're the exact same game.
I thought so.

Still, the two remasters they did you mentioned were just two games. What about the others? Plus, I never denied there were technical issues and that Sega had a hand in this, but they can’t be that bad.

I mean Sega, not the issues.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I thought so.

Still, the two remasters they did you mentioned were just two games. What about the others? Plus, I never denied there were technical issues and that Sega had a hand in this, but they can’t be that bad.

I mean Sega, not the issues.
SEGA gave the go-ahead to release the remaster in its current state so I think it's completely justifiable to hold them accountable for it, regardless of whether or not they played a huge part in actually developing the port.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
I thought so.

The two remasters are of two trilogies.
The BioShock remasters were competent HD remasters.
Mass Effect trilogy entailed vast improvements to ME1, smaller changes to 2 and a simple remaster of 3 but with the MP cut out due to mandates.

Everyone's bound to miss but given the six they've already done and the issues with Colours, Sega ****ed up somewhere.

Also:

Plus, I did hear bad things about Blind Squirrel’s work environment, so there’s that.

Blind Squirrel seem decent to me

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
SEGA gave the go-ahead to release the remaster in its current state so I think it's completely justifiable to hold them accountable for it, regardless of whether or not they played a huge part in actually developing the port.
If by go ahead as in all they did was say it was okay, then if Blind Squirrel thought it was okay, both have some involvement. I mean, Sega more, but if the go ahead part means anything, unless I am missing something, I don’t see much else to it.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The two remasters are of two trilogies.
The BioShock remasters were competent HD remasters.
Mass Effect trilogy entailed vast improvements to ME1, smaller changes to 2 and a simple remaster of 3 but with the MP cut out due to mandates.

Everyone's bound to miss but given the six they've already done and the issues with Colours, Sega ****ed up somewhere.

Also:

Blind Squirrel seem decent to me
That is just what they are saying. That is not what I read here.

Blind Squirrel Games Reviews | Glassdoor

There may be some decent reviews, but some here say otherwise.

EDIT: Here's more.

Working at Blind Squirrel Games: Employee Reviews | Indeed.com

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom