• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
As well as a surprisingly big villain of the rumors are true, which at this point seem pretty spot on as these scoops for phase 4 have been spot on.
They are saying Dr. Doom is manipulating the alantians to fight Wakanda. Which was was put out there way before we had actually evidence supporting Namor and more.
Ehh, I’m not sure I believe that one. If it’s revealed as like a stinger at the end, I mean, maybe? I don’t see it though Doctor Doom is 100% a Fantastic 4 villain so unless they set him up in Wakanda Forever for Fantastic 4 I don’t know about that. Especially considering Namor has been rumored for Black Panther since before Civil War.
Still that is super exciting if it somehow happens.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The sentinel tribe are probably right now the most lucky people.

Whereas the rest of the world is dealing with COVID, they're just vibin' with no worries.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Btw, FF7 is a damn good game, especially in part 2 and beyond where it becomes a damn great game.

Might check out the other FF games some other time
I'd say to give FF8 and FF9 a shot next (more so FF9 as that one is a fan favourite).

FF8 is a really divisive game, although I personally enjoy It for the plot and how visually impressive It is for a PS1 game from back then.
Not to mention that the music is also great.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Blind Squirrel did significantly better remasters before, such as Bioshock and Mass Effect. The fact that Colors Ultimate released in the state that it is rn seems to be on Sega not giving them ample time or resources to make sure the game had all the kinks worked out, which they have dine before with other companies.

And to answer your question, all game companies are bad. Including SEGA
What’s so wrong with it?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
To keep things short, it's very buggy and possibly console breaking.
We are technically in early access. While there’s no excuse for bugs like that, for all we know there’s a day 1 patch that fixes all this in a few days. Let’s hope there is. Or that some of these glitches get patched out later. And… sighs. Never mind. There’s no point. Even if it does get patched the Internet has already made its mind up about it so there’s no reason to even fix the stuff.

And…. I….. I’m actually really sad right now. It really feels like there’s no hope. People hate Sonic now. A lot. He’s more synonymous with glitches then anything else at this point. So I guess it’s time to say goodbye and start crying before he either goes away forever or completely morphs into something unrecognizable.

Good job Internet and good job SEGA. You turned Sonic into Bubsy 2.0. I hope you ****ers are happy.

Shroob

Sup?
We are technically in early access. While there’s no excuse for bugs like that, for all we know there’s a day 1 patch that fixes all this in a few days. Let’s hope there is. Or that some of these glitches get patched out later. And… sighs. Never mind. There’s no point. Even if it does get patched the Internet has already made its mind up about it so there’s no reason to even fix the stuff.

And…. I….. I’m actually really sad right now. It really feels like there’s no hope. People hate Sonic now. A lot. He’s more synonymous with glitches then anything else at this point. So I guess it’s time to say goodbye and start crying before he either goes away forever or completely morphs into something unrecognizable.

Good job Internet and good job SEGA. You turned Sonic into Bubsy 2.0. I hope you ****ers are happy.
.....Now?

Coulda fooled me they only hated Sonic now.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

Sonic’s not goin’ anywhere.

06 didn’t kill him and neither did Boom. Sonic’s gonna be fine.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
.....Now?

Coulda fooled me they only hated Sonic now.
I’m just so sad now. I don’t even know how to describe my emotions. It’s like happiness was dangled in front of me and then yanked away at the last second. I’m tired of all of this. And I’m tired of the Internet. I’m tired of this huge community of diverse and varied people that somehow still manages to act like some sort of ****ing hive mind. I just have to except it. The Internet gets what it wants. And the Internet wants Sonic to die. So Sonic will die. And I will be sad.

And before you say “the fan base will keep it alive no matter how much SEGA screws up!”, no. They won’t. That’s like saying “that loved one may be gone but they live on in our hearts”. No. They don’t. They’re still ****ing dead.

osby

Smash Obsessed
"Sonic Colors Ultimate is a ****ty port."

1630731174908.png

I hope they take their time with the next Sonic game if they're outsourcing this. Sonic Team can have some great ideas, they just need to stop rushing things for anniversaries and holiday seasons.

Shroob

Sup?
I’m just so sad now. I don’t even know how to describe my emotions. It’s like happiness was dangled in front of me and then yanked away at the last second. I’m tired of all of this. And I’m tired of the Internet. I’m tired of this huge community of diverse and varied people that somehow still manages to act like some sort of ****ing hive mind. I just have to except it. The Internet gets what it wants. And the Internet wants Sonic to die. So Sonic will die. And I will be sad.

And before you say “the fan base will keep it alive no matter how much SEGA screws up!”, no. They won’t. That’s like saying “that loved one may be gone but they live on in our hearts”. No. They don’t. They’re still ****ing dead.
Snake

Go lie down, hun. You're having a moment again.

Noipoi

Howdy!
You really think the franchise can survive that, AGAIN? And even if he does survive. It won’t be unchanged. In which case he might as well have not survived at all.
Modern Sonic is the result of the 06 backlash.

Sonic 2022 is probably the result of the forces backlash.

Sonic had already changed from backlash, dude. And he most likely will again. That’s just how it is.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I hope they take their time with the next Sonic game if they're outsourcing this. Sonic Team can have some great ideas, they just need to stop rushing things for anniversaries and holiday seasons.
I already sold my copy on the Wii! I have to buy ultimate now. But it’s bad. So I shouldn’t buy it. And… sighs. There’s no point. Not even in being “delightfully eccentric” as Noi put it. I’m just sad. I’m so tired of all of this. I just… I can’t… I don’t know what to do anymore man. I just want things to not go wrong. I want the things I like to be good so people stop picking on my for it. But that doesn’t look like it’s gonna happen so…

I’ll stop liking Sonic. I’m sorry. I got into it and everything I like is bad so Sonic had to become bad. Once I stop liking it then i’m sure you’ll all get good games again. I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have even bothered. I’m so stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Shadow the Hedgehog: Battle Royale

Be like, idk, Quake with big maps and shuttle loops.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I already sold my copy on the Wii! I have to buy ultimate now. But it’s bad. So I shouldn’t buy it. And… sighs. There’s no point. Not even in being “delightfully eccentric” as Noi put it. I’m just sad. I’m so tired of all of this. I just… I can’t… I don’t know what to do anymore man. I just want things to not go wrong. I want the things I like to be good so people stop picking on my for it. But that doesn’t look like it’s gonna happen so…

I’ll stop liking Sonic. I’m sorry. I got into it and everything I like is bad so Sonic had to become bad. Once I stop liking it then i’m sure you’ll all get good games again. I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have even bothered. I’m so stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.
Legit, no joke, go lay down or something. Just take your mind off it cuz I can tell you’re spiraling.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

View attachment 329032

Yeah that image is me atm lol

I’m still gonna buy it, tho

‘Cause it’s Colors

osby

Smash Obsessed

Fans will just cling to the old games.

Worst comes worst, we'll return to where we were before Colors Ultimate was announced.

Snake, please.

You're talking about Sonic fandom. You can't possibly make it even worse than it already is. If you don't like how they react to the games, just stop following other fans.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Don’t care about what other people think. If they think what you like is bad or “cringe” or whatever, that just means they’re the true cringe 👍

Just a penguin

Smash Master
Sonic the Hedgehog is living (?) proof that all publicity is good publicity.

When spending pages discussing a corporate product, even when detracting it, we are giving it free advertising.

If Sonic were mediocre, discussion about him, and thus his sales, would be far worse.

Which is why, if you really hate Sonic, you should work on Sonic team to improve new games, but just. a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom