• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Good morning.
I remember the hype cycle for Sun and Moon. I was actually on this site at the time. I don't think I will ever be as excited for a video game as 15 year old me was excited for those games. It was truly a great time.
X and Y were actually the first Pokémon games I played (though I have since played the previous games) and it's probably my most replayed game. Not my favorite, not by a long shot, but it's just so easy to pick up and play.
Team Flare and the rivals sucked tho I will agree with that. But I will not tolerate any slander for the soundtrack that gave us this:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Was watching Fairly OddParents on Paramount+ and actually had to skip “The Boy Who Would Be Queen”. Only non-holiday special episode I’ve skipped so far. Lots of complicated history and emotions regarding that episode, and they’re not ones I’m willing to revisit during a nostalgic rewatch.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Thoughts on the first draft for the third Pokemon movie?

TLDR: The issue of real world animals in Pokemon would have been addressed with a t-rex fossil rampaging across Kanto.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
XY was okay. The only major gameplay grievances I have is that the game can have a chunky ass frame rate, and that it's pretty easy even by Pokemon Standards, so I tried to not use any Megas at all to make it a decent challenge outside of boss fights for that "Anime Climactic Fight". There's a lot of QoL stuff they added and at least started character customization.

But yeah, the characters were pretty weak. Lysandre I guess looked a little cool, with his Wolverine hair, but even then, not exactly interesting, especially following N and DENNIS DENNIS. And the friend group was ASS 4 of them basically had to share the same screentime and it shows. Not a one was interesting or a decent challenge.

I liked ORAS quite a bit though, even if it probably should have taken more directly from Emerald content wise.

Anyways, Megas were way cooler than Dynamaxing and I don't know why they just didn't keep that one gimmick when it worked so well. It's just Pokemon going Super Saiyan. C'Mon.

Sun/Moon was more interesting, even if Lillie annoyed the ever living **** out of me. You at least had some interesting rivals, two team villains and a sub-boss who were kind of neat and a GOAT professor.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
X an Y’s music also didn’t do it for me.

Can’t stand Team Flare’s theme.
I can only remember three tracks from XY: Lysandre's battle theme, Sycamore's theme, and Route 18. Everything else is a bit of a blur, they were definitely trying a new sound for the games since it's pretty different from what came before, but it didn't click and it all meshed together for me.

People's attachment to 3rd versions is often quite stupid.

People complained that B2W2 were too similar to BW but then bemoaned X and Y not getting an updated version.
It's pretty weird looking at the reviews for B2W2 vs. USUM in that regard. Back in Gen 5 they were pretty harsh with those games and rated them pretty lowly (by Pokemon standards) for not doing enough to change things up for them. Yet USUM, a common critique I usually saw in reviews was 'this game is very similar to SM', yet the reviews were far more positive.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Batteries in Game Boy are dead so I've got to play Pokemon through the N64 transfer pak.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
it’s nice to know they Rick & Morty season 5 ends on Sunday…and I really hope the final 2 episodes of the season kicks tons of ass

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I finally have a lead on potentially finding that old deleted Ben 10 fa fiction I sometimes bring up that’s kind of my white whale. I’ll k Li et you know if it works.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Good afternoon my fellow humans behind computer screens and pfps............................plus that one guy in a submarine.

I know how you are! I am placing depth charges! If I can find them!

-----------------------------
So after last night I decided to actually phone the doctors and explain to them about moving me up the list for counselling since it feels like I'm falling into the "two minutes of hate" from 1984 sort of thing a day and want to get out of it.
Gonna be waiting back from them over the next few days............I think.
-----------------------------
And to Noipoi Noipoi another perfect comic shot despite it being a mini. Also what did you mean but finishing it shortly?

I always had a feeling Wade was a sadist.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Man this brand of protein milk I'm drinking really makes me stomach turn.

Like it's nice but it does something but if I want to bulk up with my limited diet I have to keep taking them.

Looking forward to see if we will get some other news in the upcoming Pokémon Xenoverse Direct beyond the second part of the Furious Battles season pass.
Nintendo taking them down and crushing them in the name of the holy higher fate...............or something.

Sorry. Force of habit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom