• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Mamboo07 Mamboo07 do you read novels?

If so I highly would recommend this book saga called Kronos Rising.

Have the first one myself which I read back in 2016, just recently decided to purchase the next two.

This is a book saga I'd love to be made into a movie series hell better yet TV series. Get a good director, writers, and a high budget so the CGI can be top-notch and realistic.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
If Ultra was just Sun/Moon dlc with the Necrozma stuff, the new Pokémon, and the ultra space exploration. No one would be mad.
I gotta be honest, I was actually pretty pissed at Ultra existing because it felt like I was being punished buying the supposed inferior version early.

Only to find out that everyone was pissed that they removed one of the greatest things SuMo had, being the story and characters.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I gotta be honest, I was actually pretty pissed at Ultra existing because it felt like I was being punished buying the supposed inferior version early.
Third versions in a nutshell.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Only to find out that everyone was pissed that they removed one of the greatest things SuMo had, being the story and characters.
AD62A3E4-CD21-4375-9F68-1F83CC461E4B.jpeg

Don’t remind me of how they botched Lusamine’s character…

It’s a shame, the Ultra games have some legitimately rad stuff IMO. But not enough to justify paying full price for a game that’s largely unchanged from the game you bought a year ago.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
What's crazy is that people wanted the third version to come back with SwSH even though they were outdated ever since Gen 7 and beyond's system of choice supported DLC.

Like, 3rd versions were very expensive DLC, which in some cases made the game from ass to actually playable like Platinum.
People's attachment to 3rd versions is often quite stupid.

People complained that B2W2 were too similar to BW but then bemoaned X and Y not getting an updated version.

D

Deleted member

I feel that Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Saphire did right in making some of the Emerald stuff part of the post game.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master

People complained that B2W2 were too similar to BW but then bemoaned X and Y not getting an updated version.
Just watch, in February they'll announce a third version of SwSh that addresses literally everything the fandom bemoaned about the originals, and people will still complain. We can't escape it, can we?

Shroob

Sup?

To be fair in regards to X and Y that was kinda because they were a whole big nothing sandwich

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm not really one to buy more than one version of the Pokemon games (though I considered get Ultra Sun or Moon at some point), so I guess I have few opinions on the matter either way.

The biggest problem for me is the version-exclusive Pokemon and regional forms.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I've said my grievances before irt XY, but I guess I'll beat a dead horse.

As for like, stuff like general gameplay, I enjoyed it. It added a lot of mechanics that were a step in the right direction to help make breeding a million times easier.

But I'm really not a fan of how Kalos is laid out. That's my own personal grievance.

The characters in XY, barring Professor Sycamore, were all... extremely forgettable. I think it says a lot that the thing I remember most from XY, besides the new Pokemon, is the redesigned Hex Maniac..... or maybe that just means I'm ho----Shot

And Team Flare suuuuuuuuuuuuucks. I'm sorry, but they are hands down the worst evil team we've ever had, period, and Lysandre is a terrible evil team leader. They try soo, soo damn hard to not say "HE'S THE BAD GUY" when you first see him, but like, you have to be dumb to not see him, put together he's the same color scheme as Team Flare, and not take a hint all the times he messages you and waxes poetically **** that no 10 year old gives a damn about.

Also, your friends...? I legit don't remember them. Only reason I remember Shauna is that really.... awkward.... scene at the palace.

AZ was cool. Just, he felt horribly underused.

Same as Zygarde. They just tossed him in a cave somewhere, and didn't do anything at all with him until Gen 7, while the anime had to explain everything.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I've said my grievances before irt XY, but I guess I'll beat a dead horse.

As for like, stuff like general gameplay, I enjoyed it. It added a lot of mechanics that were a step in the right direction to help make breeding a million times easier.

But I'm really not a fan of how Kalos is laid out. That's my own personal grievance.

The characters in XY, barring Professor Sycamore, were all... extremely forgettable. I think it says a lot that the thing I remember most from XY, besides the new Pokemon, is the redesigned Hex Maniac..... or maybe that just means I'm ho----Shot

And Team Flare suuuuuuuuuuuuucks. I'm sorry, but they are hands down the worst evil team we've ever had, period, and Lysandre is a terrible evil team leader. They try soo, soo damn hard to not say "HE'S THE BAD GUY" when you first see him, but like, you have to be dumb to not see him, put together he's the same color scheme as Team Flare, and not take a hint all the times he messages you and waxes poetically **** that no 10 year old gives a damn about.

Also, your friends...? I legit don't remember them. Only reason I remember Shauna is that really.... awkward.... scene at the palace.

AZ was cool. Just, he felt horribly underused.

Same as Zygarde. They just tossed him in a cave somewhere, and didn't do anything at all with him until Gen 7, while the anime had to explain everything.
X an Y’s music also didn’t do it for me.

Can’t stand Team Flare’s theme.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
XY gave me the option to trade for Pokemon online that I hadn't already at least seen in the Pokedex which finally let me complete the National Dex.

Shroob

Sup?
X an Y’s music also didn’t do it for me.

Can’t stand Team Flare’s theme.
I legit don't even remember XY's soundtrack aside from the Battle Mason gals.

Which says a lot because Gen 7's music was an absolute banger, and while I've got a lot to say irt Gen 8, it does have a banger of a soundtrack.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I liked the Team Flare and Champion music in XY.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I feel like it could’ve been cool if they played it for laughs, or played with it in another way, but it was meant to be taken 100% seriously.

Mr. McEvil with an evil sounding name wearing evil looking clothes with an evil scowl on his face talking about how he must purge the world…is totally a good guy I mean c’mon :nifty:

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Remember sky battles?

Didn't get to do any until near the end of the game because I didn't have any Pokemon that could participate in them.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I feel like it could’ve been cool if they played it for laughs, but it was meant to be taken 100% seriously.

Mr. McEvil with an evil sounding name wearing evil looking clothes with an evil scowl on his face talking about how me must purge the world…is totally a good guy I mean c’mon :nifty:
And maybe this is why SM and Sw/Sh changed things up by giving us Evil Teams that were meant to be seen as total jokes. They're even seen as such in-universe.

Especially Team Skull.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I feel like it could’ve been cool if they played it for laughs, or played with it in another way, but it was meant to be taken 100% seriously.

Mr. McEvil with an evil sounding name wearing evil looking clothes with an evil scowl on his face talking about how me must purge the world…is totally a good guy I mean c’mon :nifty:

Obligatory

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The scratch on wood sound inside the walls is back

who do I contact to try to get rid of a potential rodent infestation??? Idek where to start 😭

Shroob

Sup?
Lysandre: “The filth…the disgusting dregs of society must be removed if this earth is ever to prosper…I alone hold the key to this worlds salvation, and I’ll do what I just to ensure it’s protection. Even if I must destroy the human race…”

Sycamore:
View attachment 328904
"Professor, this man is plotting world domination! He's the leader of Team Flare."

"Ah, hello there, -PLAYER NAME-.... How's your mother doing?"

D

Deleted member

The world needs a Looker spin-off where you are solving cases around all the Pokémon regions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom