• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Rick & Morty fans

We all probably think it

Season 5 just has to be about the rise of Evil Morty

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Can't wait for 2025 where X&Y go from ass to hidden gem.

Also, guess what? X&Y is also nearing a decade old.
I’ll be surprised if that happens. Personally I found it pretty forgettable. I only know the gym leaders names because of the anime season actually being good and because of Pokémon Masters. The story was non existent outside of a pretty cool but under used background of AZ. Team Flare were kind of stupid as a concept tbh. Even the routes are bland. Although there were some solid town ideas, mostly Anistar and the friend safaris were really fun but limited by their selections.

The bigger insult was all the teases of neat side areas that never got to actually happen.

Although I honestly just forgot about it, I did like the Looker and Emma story.

Looker can do no wrong.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’ll be surprised if that happens. Personally I found it pretty forgettable. I only know the gym leaders names because of the anime season actually being good and because of Pokémon Masters. The story was non existent outside of a pretty cool but under used background of AZ. Team Flare were kind of stupid as a concept tbh. Even the routes are bond. Although there were some solid town ideas, mostly Anistar and the friend safaris were really fun but limited by their selections.
Were you 10 when it came out?

Cuz those are the people who will call it a hidden gem. The people who grew up with it.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I'll never forgive Sonic Team and Sega for making Tails and Knuckles infinitely more fun than Sonic to play as, only for them to either ruin their abilities or straight up not make them playable.
I adore playing as Sonic but maaaaaaaaan they gave us 11/10 movesets for other characters back in the old games like Adventure and Advance and then just do nothing with them.

Also, Sega are cowards who refuse to bring back Cream.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
We’re you 10 when it came out?

Cuz those are the people who will call it a hidden gem. The people who grew up with it.
I was like 16, and to be fair I did play the original games firsf, but Ruby and Sapphire and Diamond and Pearl stuck the most with me at the time. Then BW came out and it was my favorite game hands down out of the gate, and I still hold that opinion. At least when it comes to main series.

Explorers of Sky is my favorite spin-off and one of my favorites overall. I literally played through it with every starter.

Still your absolutely right that the generation born into it probably hold nostalgia for it.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I adore playing as Sonic but maaaaaaaaan they gave us 11/10 movesets for other characters back in the old games like Adventure and Advance and then just do nothing with them.

Also, Sega are cowards who refuse to bring back Cream.
"Sonic has too many friends!" crowd was really not the sort of people SEGA should have listened to.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
"Sonic has too many friends!" crowd was really not the sort of people SEGA should have listened to.
Unfortunately, when the 3D era wheeled arounds, the classicists and reviewers who really shouldn't have a job were the ones dominating discussion and criticism, so it's not like they could ignore them.

06 just happened to be the last straw for all of them.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Unfortunately, when the 3D era wheeled arounds, the classicists and reviewers who really shouldn't have a job were the ones dominating discussion and criticism, so it's not like they could ignore them.

06 just happened to be the last straw for all of them.
Imagine if the only characters in the new game consist of just Sonic and Eggman, and is a mess like 06 with the drab story of Forces. Oh, nelly…

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If the digimon series was realistic to the original devices they'd be pooping all the time

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Does anyone else feel like specifically only games that your excited for are the ones that get delayed to hell?

No joke, I’ve been waiting on a few games for a long long time. Everwild, Prime 4, Skull & Bones, Bayonetta 3, etc.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
right now Owl House is the top trending thingy on Twitter, above SmackDown, baseball, Trump arrest demands, and some guy named Tyler…so weird for all those trends outside of SmackDown the best wrestling show, but amazing for Owl House

now give us a season 4 renewal or a full length season 3 after you give ScarJo those $50 million Disney

osby

Smash Obsessed
Does anyone else feel like specifically only games that your excited for are the ones that get delayed to hell?

No joke, I’ve been waiting on a few games for a long long time. Everwild, Prime 4, Skull & Bones, Bayonetta 3, etc.
I mean... nowadays pretty much every game that isn't announced a few months before their release is delayed.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
back on the Three Houses train for 4 playthroughs and it’s…well…it’s probably gonna end up with more hours than Smash

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I saw it suggest that:
Should be playable in Brawl Stars.

This would be an objectively great WTF pick due to the legacy he holds to the channel.

It be funny as hell to, to watch a tongue depressor kick ass.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Whoever is doing the subtitles of this anime

I know that "Oni-chan" doesn't mean "Yamato"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom