• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I've warmed up to tue idea of the Steam Deck because the most powerful hardware in my house is the PS4 and I have no exclusives, let alone have time to play it since it's not mine and in the TV room so someone's using the TV all the time.

However, I wish it wasn't so darn expensive, the cheapest is a waste of $400 imo and the mid point is too expensive for me.

Maybe wait for a price drop.
Yeah, the high cost is really the only huge downside to it. I hope that there can be some price drops in the future!

Oh, and I have mixed feelings about the dock being sold separately, but they haven't revealed the price for it yet, so maybe it won't be too bad.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, the high cost is really the only huge downside to it. I hope that there can be some price drops in the future!

Oh, and I have mixed feelings about the dock being sold separately, but they haven't revealed the price for it yet, so maybe it won't be too bad.
What's the Switch Dock? $80?

Yeah, expect that. Maybe more because Valve loves padding hardware with unecessary ****.

MooMew64

I’m trying to say he wouldn’t be a surprise. Like at all.
Given how hard it is for them to get western made content in Smash, I don't think it would be as expected as, say, a Pokémon at this point. I think there'd be plenty of surprise for Crash, especially to people outside speculation bubble.

Which is like, 99% of the the people who actually play the game.

What's the Switch Dock? $80?

Yeah, expect that. Maybe more because Valve loves padding hardware with unecessary ****.
Hmm, I'd be okay with a pricey dock if it offered some extra power. Maybe it'd allow the Deck to overclock a bit? That'd be neat.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Hmm, I'd be okay with a pricey dock if it offered some extra power. Maybe it'd allow the Deck to overclock a bit? That'd be neat.
How does the Switch dock work again? Like, I don't think it added power, but I know it slightly changed some internal things to allow games to run smoother and look nicer. I forgot the exact wording on that.

I can expect that with the Deck, maybe some crispier output and more stable frame rate instead of the minimum 30fps that fluctuates up and down.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
I wonder how every FF game from V onwards would play without ABP. They'd probably be nearly unplayable.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Just play the Jump games. Closest you'll ever have to Goku in Smash.

We also basically already have him in the form of:ulthero::ulthero2::ulthero3::ulthero4:

MooMew64

How does the Switch dock work again? Like, I don't think it added power, but I know it slightly changed some internal things to allow games to run smoother and look nicer. I forgot the exact wording on that.

I can expect that with the Deck, maybe some crispier output and more stable frame rate instead of the minimum 30fps that fluctuates up and down.
Hmm, yeah, that could work. Maybe it'd make things output to 1080 with more opportunities for higher framerates at higher settings, like you said.

One feature that I'm excited for though is the improved track pads: The ones on the Steam controller are amazing, just...Not as an stick replacement: Even now, haptics aren't quite advanced enough yet to replace sticks. They're getting there, but yeah, especially when the Steam controller came out, trying to make the second stick a track pad was a huge mistake. I'm glad they learned from that and included a set of sticks and a D-pad with the track pads, instead of sacrificing one for the other.

With those track pads, not only will you be able to get the console experience, but things like VNs, games like DOTA, Civ, or Age of Empires will feel super good on this thing. It's gonna be pretty wild what you'll be able to do, and their built-in Windows application emulation through Proton sounds exciting!

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
If you mean Garfield he'll potentially get his chance and closest to Smash in Nick Brawl All-Stars. The IP is currently owned by Viacom who in turn owns Nick.
I’m still trying to figure out how his moveset would work. I could see his neutral special being him kicking Odie like a projectile

MooMew64

I’m still trying to figure out how his moveset would work. I could see his neutral special being him kicking Odie like a projectile
I think there's actually a lot to pull from if you go for Garfield deep cuts through the specials and cartoons.

...Which by the way, did y'all know I love Garfield and growing up I watched like, almost all the cartoons and specials? If any of you need random Garfield trivia, I'm your (not) funny internet dude. :nifty:

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
There's plenty of Nick characters who don't even fight that are in the game and managed to make them work, I'm certain they'll find a way around it assuming he's even in.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I think there's actually a lot to pull from if you go for Garfield deep cuts through the specials and cartoons.

...Which by the way, did y'all know I love Garfield and growing up I watched like, almost all the cartoons and specials? If any of you need random Garfield trivia, I'm your (not) funny internet dude. :nifty:
I mean I’m saying that as someone who grew up with Garfield and has a huge collection of the comics, but even then I’m still having trouble picturing what his moves could be.

There's plenty of Nick characters who don't even fight that are in the game and managed to make them work, I'm certain they'll find a way around it assuming he's even in.
Well no crap they could, this is literally the same as Smash argument, I’m just trying to figure out what’s work best and how they could go about it

Rizen

Smash Legend

Damn these ships are impressive! I can imagine that the energy of all cities on Earth would not be enough to power these.
I'm reading The Physics of Star Trek, because I'm that big of a nerd, and that's something he brings up. There's any number of real world limitations as to why interstellar travel wouldn't work like on the show. One of which is the massive amounts of fuel, even with an antimater engine, would exceed the mass of the Enterprise.

...I'll go back to polishing my glasses and building model spaceships now.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
I mean I’m saying that as someone who grew up with Garfield and has a huge collection of the comics, but even then I’m still having trouble picturing what his moves could be.
An 8-hour film of Garfelf cartoons.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Rather been in the mood to getting around to rewatching the Sci-Fi classic masterpieces that are Alien and Aliens.

Will get to watching them sometime in August. They're the only good films of the franchises, every other movie afterward sucked especially Alien 3 and Alien: Covenant.

MooMew64

Wademan94 Wademan94 Dang, now you really got me theory crafting a Garfield moveset, lol.

How do some of these ideas sound:

Neutral B: Eat food. This charges up a burp attack that works similar to :ultwario: 's waft.

Side B: Grapple move - Rushes forward and kicks an enemy similar to how he kicks Odie off the table.

Down B: Puts on his pirate costume from the original Halloween special, and uses his wooden sword for a counter move.

Up B: Not sure for this one.

Grabs could have him stuff the opponent in a box like he does with Nermal, and then throw them.

Taunts could involve references to cartoons and specials, such as memorable Garfield and Friends scenes and stuff from the CGI show.

That's all I could think up for now. :nifty:

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I'm reading The Physics of Star Trek, because I'm that big of a nerd, and that's something he brings up. There's any number of real world limitations as to why interstellar travel wouldn't work like on the show. One of which is the massive amounts of fuel, even with an antimater engine, would exceed the mass of the Enterprise.

...I'll go back to polishing my glasses and building model spaceships now.
It's all something that can be dictated by physical laws. Like Newton's Second Law of Motion says, the more mass something has the more energy, or force, is needed to produce more acceleration, or change in velocity of an object. With how massive those ships are, the energy needed to move those ships quickly would be exponentially tremendous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom