• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Wademan94 Wademan94 Dang, now you really got me theory crafting a Garfield moveset, lol.

How do some of these ideas sound:

Neutral B: Eat food. This charges up a burp attack that works similar to :ultwario: 's waft.

Side B: Grapple move - Rushes forward and kicks an enemy similar to how he kicks Odie off the table.

Down B: Puts on his pirate costume from the original Halloween special, and uses his wooden sword for a counter move.

Up B: Not sure for this one.

Grabs could have him stuff the opponent in a box like he does with Nermal, and then throw them.

Taunts could involve references to cartoons and specials, such as memorable Garfield and Friends scenes and stuff from the CGI show.

That's all I could think up for now. :nifty:
For his Up B he falls a sleep on a cloud that floats him up.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I don’t think the Undertale theories are really that much of a reach; I mean, a few of the theories used are kinda reaching, but it’s mostly good points imo, even if it’s really all just circumstantial. Just as much reaching as just about every other character speculation though :>

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Imagine.

The Direct is about to end, the intro with the Smash logo plays out, then cuts to a familiar logo of a man with a valve in his head.

And this song starts playing:

What's your take?

Shroob

Sup?
I don’t think the Undertale theories are really that much of a reach; I mean, a few of the theories used are kinda reaching, but it’s mostly good points imo, even if it’s really all just circumstantial. Just as much reaching as just about every other character speculation though :>
I mean, it's built off of already shaky theories like "CP11 won't have a voice because the voice menu is full" and "CP11 will have a purple background on the site because Hero had one".

I'd rather build my house out of bricks than twigs.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
even Spider-Man isn’t approving of Aquaman 2 keeping Amber Heard
From what I’ve heard about that case…. he’s right. Like…. it’s celebrity drama and not that atypical for divorce ****. Correct me if I’m wrong but I never heard anything about abuse or anything so….

Noipoi

Howdy!
I still can’t believe Touhou Project is that well known considering before I came here I had never even heard of it and I like to think I keep abreast of the hot trends in video games.
Then you’re not as abreast as you think you are, bucko.

I knew Touhou before I even knew what indie games were. The characters were everywhere.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Touhou is like

The Japan indie

It's also the cornerstone of beginning weeb memes and culture

It's grandfathered so many things in indies now, but ironically enough, it's super niche over here outside of weeb audience. Like, as Shroob Shroob said: UT's entire battle system was largely in part inspired by Touhou.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Touhou's one of those things where like, you almost have guaranteed heard of it, you just don't realize it.

And it has a surprising connection between fanbases

Like, you wouldn't expect Earthbound and Team Fortress 2, two entirely different game series, to have huge crossover fandoms with Touhou, but, like, they do.

Speaking of TF2 and Touhou... it's almost......

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I mean, it's built off of already shaky theories like "CP11 won't have a voice because the voice menu is full" and "CP11 will have a purple background on the site because Hero had one".

I'd rather build my house out of bricks than twigs.
for the good points though I meant the stuff that people usually say for other characters i.e. “Nintendo and/or Sakurai has a good relationship with creator/company and seems to like game” and other stuff near the bottom of the image. I know the color and voice thing and stuff don’t really mean anything though neither does the other stuff at the end of the day I guess please Sakurai at least give us Sans and Papyrus spirits :c

Noipoi

Howdy!
I just found the most surreal image, I NEED to make it my avatar or something.

But it vaguely (and I mean vaguely) references something NSFW. I dunno if I’d get banned for it.

I kinda wanna risk it

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Hmm, yeah, that could work. Maybe it'd make things output to 1080 with more opportunities for higher framerates at higher settings, like you said.

One feature that I'm excited for though is the improved track pads: The ones on the Steam controller are amazing, just...Not as an stick replacement: Even now, haptics aren't quite advanced enough yet to replace sticks. They're getting there, but yeah, especially when the Steam controller came out, trying to make the second stick a track pad was a huge mistake. I'm glad they learned from that and included a set of sticks and a D-pad with the track pads, instead of sacrificing one for the other.

With those track pads, not only will you be able to get the console experience, but things like VNs, games like DOTA, Civ, or Age of Empires will feel super good on this thing. It's gonna be pretty wild what you'll be able to do, and their built-in Windows application emulation through Proton sounds exciting!
Me who knows damn well it's gonna be an indie machine for me: "Yeah, sure"

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I only know of Touhou because of looking up soundfonts used in Undertale (was looking for the horn used in Battle Against a True Hero; I think it may have been the first time I saw Touhou’s name, I think I saw it being said Toby was inspired by it too) and people on this website. It’s got some awesome music and the characters seem cool.

I want to try downloading Touhou 6, but from stuff I’ve read before it sounds like it might have an issue on Windows 10…? Maybe it’ll work fine, though.

Not too long ago, I thought Touhou 6 was on Steam and I saw I was wrong ._.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
From what I’ve heard about that case…. he’s right. Like…. it’s celebrity drama and not that atypical for divorce ****. Correct me if I’m wrong but I never heard anything about abuse or anything so….
she admitted to the abuse she gave…and also bit off a good chunk of Deep’s finger (aka the move that somehow doesn’t get her banned and canned from other movie roles like he did)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Amber heard **** in his bed and has hit him.

Otherwise I wouldn't have a problem if Depp himself wasn't removed from movies by hollywood. It's a fake double standard.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Now I'm in the mood to give Predator 1 and 2 a watch as well.

Sudden in a kick for those and Alien and Aliens. Such Sci-Fi classics.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Amber heard **** in his bed and has hit him.

Otherwise I wouldn't have a problem if Depp himself wasn't removed from movies by hollywood. It's a fake double standard.
Typically the double standard in Hollywood disenfranchises women. Not men. Not saying I don’t believe you but it’s just weird to hear. And honestly…. I don’t really care. I’m not particularly attached to Amber Heard in the roll. And I don’t really care about celebrity drama like this. Especially when other actors and musicians have admitted to doing way worse and still have careers.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Typically the double standard in Hollywood disenfranchises women. Not men. Not saying I don’t believe you but it’s just weird to hear. And honestly…. I don’t really care. I’m not particularly attached to Amber Heard in the roll. And I don’t really care about celebrity drama like this. Especially when other actors and musicians have admitted to doing way worse and still have careers.
I don't care who is more affected by a double standard. It shouldn't exist in the first place

How about instead of mob justice we actually take time to research and investigate before throwing someone under a bus

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
My mom found frozen rabbit at the grocery store! I’m gonna make me some wabbit stew! Well… not really. I’m gonna make something else with it. But I needed to make the joke.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I just found the most surreal image, I NEED to make it my avatar or something.

But it vaguely (and I mean vaguely) references something NSFW. I dunno if I’d get banned for it.

I kinda wanna risk it
Noipoi to the mods:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Touhou is like

The Japan indie

It's also the cornerstone of beginning weeb memes and culture

It's grandfathered so many things in indies now, but ironically enough, it's super niche over here outside of weeb audience. Like, as Shroob Shroob said: UT's entire battle system was largely in part inspired by Touhou.
TODAY IN WEEB HISTORY!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Imagine.

The Direct is about to end, the intro with the Smash logo plays out, then cuts to a familiar logo of a man with a valve in his head.

What's your take?
Surprised no one seems to have any response to this lol

The song is used for Valve's intro in most of their games, so it wouldn't necessarily indicate that the newcomer would be a certain Freeman, either.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Imagine.

What's your take?
I’d hope it was Chell for a few minutes until either proven right or wrong.
This is why you’re the Shadow in my Smashbords/Sonic the Hedgehog crossover fanfiction.
Maria……

Noipoi

Howdy!
Imagine.

What's your take?
I make a comment on how Sonic was revealed for Brawl the same day The Orange Box came out. Which is interesting.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Can't wait for 2025 where X&Y go from ass to hidden gem.

Also, guess what? X&Y is also nearing a decade old.
The XY hype was the last time the fanbase felt united. At least to me.

The Sun/Moon hype was nuts, but you had a crowd of people who were burned by ORAS and weren’t really on board.

I don’t need to explain the SwSh lead up.

I miss those days…

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Can't wait for 2025 where X&Y go from ass to hidden gem.

Also, guess what? X&Y is also nearing a decade old.
I have good memories of X and Y. The day after it came out I went to hawaii with my family for vacation. My sister and her kid were there and he could barely walk then. If it wasn't for that part it wouldn't feel like it was that long ago.

Also Walmart almost didn't want to sell me it because they have some strange policy. But at the time I worked there and one of the employees was nice.

Walmart HAS games on launch day but they always have their own separate launch day that's on like the following sunday or something weird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom