• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The Switch is a Smash hit, but if you compared it to its competition, it pales in comparison in terms of raw power, and this has been true for pretty much every console.
In a fairness, the Switch has an excuse here in that its basically a handheld. Its not really underpowered if looked at through that perspecitve.

Shroob

Sup?
In a fairness, the Switch has an excuse here in that its basically a handheld. Its not really underpowered if looked at through that perspecitve.
I mean, yeah, but then as you go back through time? The WiiU, the Wii, the Gamecube, the N64? Nintendo has pretty much never been on the same technical level of its competitors.

HELL, the Wii was their first truly "Successful" console since the SNES. The N64 and GCN both sold "horribly", and the WiiU......exists.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I love Nintendo with a big asterisk next to love.

I feel like too many people are nostalgic or enraptured by them to realize that they're not your friend. They're a company out to make profit, and they see you as a customer, nothing more.

Stop thinking that big corporations are your friend.

McDonalds isn't your friend.

Coke isn't your friend.

Wal Mart isn't your friend.

So why is Nintendo your friend? Because they make things you like? Coke makes Diet Coke, but they're not my friend.
Gonna add on to this: this extends to more just companies. Anybody you don't know on an interpersonal level isn't your friends. Youtubers, Streamers, Musicians, Actors, etc, they're not your friends. They don't know you, more than likely will never know you, so don't pretend that ya'll are buddy buddies. This is why Stan Culture needs to die.

Also, diet coke? really?

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Gonna add on to this: this extends to more just companies. Anybody you don't know on an interpersonal level isn't your friends. Youtubers, Streamers, Musicians, Actors, etc, they're not your friends. They don't know you, more than likely will never know you, so don't pretend that ya'll are buddy buddies. This is why Stan Culture needs to die.
You mean

Simp culture.

Shroob

Sup?

Also, diet coke? really?
I mean I prefer Diet Pepsi, but I feel like Coke's the bigger company and I just pulled random big businesses lol.

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
HELL, the Wii was their first truly "Successful" console since the SNES. The N64 and GCN both sold "horribly", and the WiiU......exists.
Really? I thought the N64 did well.... and now that I think about it, the GameCube did well, but it sold like **** compared to the XBOX and especially the PlayStation 2. The Dreamcast was merely a fart in the wind in comparison.
The only Stan Culture I support is Grunkle Stan
Haha more like Drunkle Stan

Shroob

Sup?
Really? I thought the N64 did well.... and now that I think about it, the GameCube did well, but it sold like **** compared to the XBOX and especially the PlayStation 2. The Dreamcast was merely a fart in the wind in comparison.

Haha more like Drunkle Stan
The N64 sold about 33 million units, while the GCN sold about 22 million units.

The original Playstation sold effectively 3 times the N64.

Shroob

Sup?
Nintendo's biggest issue is twofold.

They're stubborn, and when they're not stubborn, they try to reinvent the wheel.

Sometimes the latter works, like the Wii or Switch, but then you get the WiiU.

"Discs?! PAH! Cartridges baby!"

"CDs?! NO WAY! We'll do our own, tiny discs!"

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Nintendo has pretty much never been on the same technical level of its competitors.
Not really? The only thing that was really inferior about the N64 and Gamecube vs. the PS1 and PS2 was the storage format Playstations used.

Shroob

Sup?
Not really? The only thing that was really inferior about the N64 and Gamecube vs. the PS1 and PS2 was the storage format Playstations used.
Graphically? Absolutely.

Witcher works on Switch but even at its best setting its nowhere near as good as pretty much any other platform. I don't give a damn about graphics, but its hard to deny Nintendo consoles usually have weaker hardware in general.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Graphically? Absolutely.

Witcher works on Switch but even at its best setting its nowhere near as good as pretty much any other platform. I don't give a damn about graphics, but its hard to deny Nintendo consoles usually have weaker hardware in general.
That's my #1 problem with Nintendo consoles. I understand the "If it's not fun, why bother" format, but goddamn I want these multiplatform games without it being so graphically inferior and less powerful than it that it's hilarious to even consider purchasing when the clearly superior experience is on another console.

The easiest example is MK11, have you seen the differences on any other platform VS the switch? I would link it but, y'know, it's Mortal Kombat.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I love Nintendo with a big asterisk next to love.

I feel like too many people are nostalgic or enraptured by them to realize that they're not your friend. They're a company out to make profit, and they see you as a customer, nothing more.

Stop thinking that big corporations are your friend.

McDonalds isn't your friend.

Coke isn't your friend.

Wal Mart isn't your friend.

So why is Nintendo your friend? Because they make things you like? Coke makes Diet Coke, but they're not my friend.

Also, diet coke? really?
I feel like MightyP offers a more compelling example because well, individuals are brought up. As much as people forget it, corporations are still run by people. Some may have sold their souls but they're still people. People you haven't met and even if you did would be unlikely to know on a personal level.

Also MightyP didn't bring up Coca-Cola because I actually did know someone a decent way up the Coke ladder.

D

Deleted member

Finally got a new computer to replace the old potato I was operating with. The thing is huge.

And to complete the night? I got a shiny Rayquaza:2gud:
Wow, it must be an amazing night for you! Congratulations!
I feel like MightyP offers a more compelling example because well, individuals are brought up. As much as people forget it, corporations are still run by people. Some may have sold their souls but they're still people. People you haven't met and even if you did would be unlikely to know on a personal level.

Also MightyP didn't bring up Coca-Cola because I actually did know someone a decent way up the Coke ladder.
Run by people that wield billions of dollars, as millions starve across the globe.

To me, they are murderers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Nintendo consoles usually have weaker hardware in general.
From the Wii onwards, yes. The GameCube was able to run some games that the PS2 runs at 30 FPS at 60, and unlike the PS2 could support bump mapping.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So moving on from asinine comments.

One thing I missed out on but am impressed looking back on how feature rich it was; Xbox live for the original Xbox.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I never said they were bad, what?

I meant the CEOs and the very rich people that own the companies.
That's fair, but why would you say that to some who says that they know someone is up the ladder.
"Hey, I know a guy who got promoted into a higher position"
"He's a murderer"

Like, you can't just say stuff like that in thise situations.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I voted. Gave my GOTY vote for Animal Crossing, I'm feeling it's a real underdog right next to Tsushima.

Gave best fighter to MK11, not for its content, but to its changes to competitive play. Almost gave it to OPM just for memes but I stopped myself.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I voted for FFVII Remake every chance I could.

Not just because I enjoyed it but it was the only game I'd played out of all the nominations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom