• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
pepperoni is all I will eat topping wise

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
I don't care about soda, I've always been more of an orange juice person.

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
We already have Pikachu and Sonic movies, with a Mario Bros. movie on the way.

The cinematic universe is being built as we speak. Don't doubt it.
I wouldn't be suprised if we actually get a video game cinematic universe sometime in the next decade.

probably not Nintendo, but possibly Square Enix, Capcom, Sega, or maybe Sony

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm telling y'all. Video game movies are gonna be the next big thing after superhero movies.

The signs are there.

Detective Pikachu, Monster Hunter, Rampage, Sonic the Hedgehog, and now this Super Mario movie.

It's coming!

Meanwhile

Marvel Cinematic Universe: Chuckles I'm in danger...

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I feel like if people realized that Nintendo wasn't their buddy buddy friend and just a business that was out to make as much profit as possible, this would come off less of a shock to people.

Nintendo is the Disney of video games, in many ways. You will play their old games on THEIR terms. You will rebuy games you've bought in the past on newer platforms. They WILL protect their IPs at every chance that they get.

So why are people surprised that basically Disney goes after projects using their IPs that are either:

A) Not officially sanctioned by them
or
B) Modifying their existing game

"But Mojang!"

Minecraft was always made to be as customizable as possible, the devs welcomed it basically from the start. Nintendo has shown time and time again "NO, YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO MESS WITH WHAT WE MADE."

Were people not wrapped soo tightly in nostalgia, or wanderlust from Smash, you'd be able to see that Nintendo is kinda skeevy a LOT of the times.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I'll give them some credit: they made online borderline bearable in two patches.

Which is kinda sad that it took years of campaigning for them to actually do something that should have been done from the start.
I'm not gonna lie, I haven't really had issues with online. I've heard people saying that the main issue is that the internet connection isn't stable enough, but nearly every single match I've played has had great connection. Am I just missing something?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I feel like if people realized that Nintendo wasn't their buddy buddy friend and just a business that was out to make as much profit as possible, this would come off less of a shock to people.

Nintendo is the Disney of video games, in many ways. You will play their old games on THEIR terms. You will rebuy games you've bought in the past on newer platforms. They WILL protect their IPs at every chance that they get.

So why are people surprised that basically Disney goes after projects using their IPs that are either:

A) Not officially sanctioned by them
or
B) Modifying their existing game

"But Mojang!"

Minecraft was always made to be as customizable as possible, the devs welcomed it basically from the start. Nintendo has shown time and time again "NO, YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO MESS WITH WHAT WE MADE."

Were people not wrapped soo tightly in nostalgia, or wanderlust from Smash, you'd be able to see that Nintendo is kinda skeevy a LOT of the times.
People also say: "But Sega...", as if Segas not in hot financial trouble so they need any help they could get.
I'm not gonna lie, I haven't really had issues with online. I've heard people saying that the main issue is that the internet connection isn't stable enough, but nearly every single match I've played has had great connection. Am I just missing something?
If you wanna get into it, big input delay, GSP didn't make sense, befire the patches there was a **** ton of dropped inputs since it only read them every other frame, etc.

It's a lot when you dive deep enough

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Melee being "killed" isn't really a surprise to me, but I understand why people are rightfully upset.

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
You have good internet, so you don't run into the same problems that others run into

D

Deleted member

edit: you know what on second thought eh, not very funny

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

You have good internet, so you don't run into the same problems that others run into
isn't the entire problem the fact that Nintendo online in most cases is peer to peer rather than dedicated servers? Because unless I'm mistaken, your internet quality means jack **** if the other person has terrible mcdonalds wifi in a peer to peer setup, which from what little I've played of online seems to be the case.

Could be wrong though, don't know that much about network code ¯\(ツ)/¯

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
But why would they down Melee now? I mean, are you thinking what I'm thinking?

Untitled.png

Is it possible that they're actually doing the legend? The meme? The previously scoffed Melee HD with Online? :191: For sixty buckaroos?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
"But Mojang!"

To be fair, Microsoft as a whole, Sega etc. seem fine with fan content, even if they also don't want redistribution of old games they may not sell anymore (though they don't seem as irate about it surprisingly enough). Like, you can make a Minecraft fangame or Banjo-Kazooie hack or whatever the heck else, even those Minecraft hack clients that annoy everyone in a PvP game, and nobody cares, and I'm sure we all know about Sega's response to fan stuff.

Then you have Nintendo who, while not as extreme about it as Disney is ("no Spider-Man on your child's grave! no characters of ours on your daycare's walls!"), are still dumb as heck about it. I guess I understand taking down mods since you're technically redistributing assets that way, though, but it's still annoying especially if their reason for doing so is "don't mod our games!" They're old and we (may) own the copies, dang it!

I mean, at least Pokémon is understandable since people reuse official assets (well except for the Roblox games that, while based on official Pokémon, are created from scratch, or at least some of them - oh, and the Minecraft mod too, though I guess they just ripped the item icons from the original games), but you don't even have to do that to risk Nintendo being on your case .__.

But I think I understand what you mean, we shouldn't expect Nintendo to change their out-of-touch ways no matter how dumb it seems.

D

Deleted member

Watch it be worse than Project Slippi
honestly that wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. They've done stuff like this before.

Remember Mario Battle Royale?
Pepperidge farm remembers...

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Did something happen regarding Melee? I didn't read up on it.

Mind explaining? Realize if so, I meant to not be insensitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom