• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Nintendo's shutting it down yet again, as if they haven't learned their lesson from the first time.

Which is what we're discussing right niw.
Ah gotcha. My bad then, should have read up on this before making that comment. If I had known I wouldn't have made it.
You might want to start reading up on things before butting in next time.
Duty noted, I admit I should have done that.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I don't have any real emotional stake in whatever is going on, but I will state that we're probably better off waiting for the next MvC game than a reissue of a legacy Smash game. Even Smash 64 probably has to go through a lot because of DKC/Pokemon/Earthbound.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Uh, has a character in Smash I guess.

Doesn't Tennis Aces also have rollback? It does have one of the best onlines on the entire system, and iirc, they're still hostong tournaments and stuff.
I wish Competitive Mario Tennis was an esport, at least gives me an excuse to be interested in the sports games.

D

Deleted member

I never liked that "LEGS should be an ARMS sequel" joke.

It has lore.
I mean, unlike Splatoon you had to go outta your way to actually see the lore so most people didn't even bother.

Hell even I didn't know there was lore until I looked up a 100% youtube video and saw the paintings I deemed as useless had a few paragraph's worth of lore. And I have hundreds of hours in Arms.

Last edited by a moderator:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Benefit of the doubt: ARMS has rollback.

You read that right
it's funny how Nintendo's online has gotten steadily worse over the years.

2017 (MK8D, Splatoon) - Online's fine, more or less. no frame drops.

2018 (Smash) - Can be pretty laggy at times

2019 (Mario Maker 2 Multiplayer) - literally non-functional

D

Deleted member

And tell me, what is the state of ARMS in 2020 looking like?
Min Min got in Smash, and the game still did pretty well.

And I don't think it did not do as amazing because of its online.

Shroob

Sup?
I still always expected this to happen sooner or later lol.

It's just, we know how Nintendo acts, why are we surprised when the community builds up their tower of babel and Nintendo strikes it down?

This keeps happening and it's like the community expects that Nintendo had a change of heart.

They don't give a rats ass about games that can't make them a current profit, but you damn well better believe that they won't let those games out of their grip.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
If you wanna get into it, big input delay, GSP didn't make sense, befire the patches there was a **** ton of dropped inputs since it only read them every other frame, etc.

It's a lot when you dive deep enough
Haven't had many issues with input delay myself, so I can't really say anything about that, but I can certainly agree with the GSP issues.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I still always expected this to happen sooner or later lol.

It's just, we know how Nintendo acts, why are we surprised when the community builds up their tower of babel and Nintendo strikes it down?

This keeps happening and it's like the community expects that Nintendo had a change of heart.

They don't give a rats ass about games that can't make them a current profit, but you damn well better believe that they won't let those games out of their grip.
Because we know that they can do better than that, and we know they should do better than that.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The Switch port of Doom Eternal might be canceled. GameStop has been calling people who preordered it that.

If true than it would be awkward for this product that's already out :lol:

1605836630233.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, I recently discovered that a Smash Bros. comic dub I voiced in has hit 3.3 million views. That's real cool.
Congratulations!
imput lag was way more common in Smash 4, I'll give them that.

That's pretty much all the praise I got for Ultimate's netcode.
I am unsure if that is true or not, but Smash 4's online was much better than Ultimate's online, and Smash 4's online was quite flawed.

Shroob

Sup?
What is it with Nintendo and online?
They're a few steps, if not leaps, behind their competition.

The Switch is a Smash hit, but if you compared it to its competition, it pales in comparison in terms of raw power, and this has been true for pretty much every console.

Look at Nintendo during the Wii era. While PS3 and 360 were smart and thought about voice comms through headsets, Nintendo's idea was putting a device on top of your TV, which not only would be far away from you, but also pick up your TV's noise.

And then while everyone else had a normal friend list/online system, Nintendo stuck to friend codes, an already outdated idea.

Nintendo excels in some areas, but drags behind in others, and due to their success, they see no real reason to improve. Honestly, the WiiU being a flop did more good than harm.

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
The Switch port of Doom Eternal might be canceled. GameStop has been calling people who preordered it that.

If true than it would be awkward for this product that's already out :lol:

View attachment 292249
Bethesda ain't said ****. That could change at any moment, though.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Sometimes, Nintendi gets too big for their britches, and it just collapses on them.

The Wii U was a disaster for everyone involved, themseoves, their audiences, and the developers and investors, because they tried to keep banking on an idea that was fading out of style wuth the disasterous Kinect and PS Move.

Shroob

Sup?
Because we know that they can do better than that, and we know they should do better than that.
But with every should, follows a could, and with every could, follows a don't.

They're the richest company in Japan. If people keep buying their products hand over fist, for what purpose do they have to change?

D

Deleted member

One Piece's latest chapters have gotten really crazy. Gol D Roger gets more screentime than he has the entire show, in a flashback related to an entire nother character lol

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
But with every should, follows a could, and with every could, follows a don't.

They're the richest company in Japan. If people keep buying their products hand over fist, for what purpose do they have to change?
Yeah... you're right.

Which means the next console has to be a flop so Ninty can get it through their heads

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I like how Ultimate handles the system of online, but the execution is awful.
Like, I thought seperating "for fun" and "for glory" was pretty jarring back in the Sm4sh days, back when I was exclusively a casual player. Now that they're more intertwined (with you being able to get your ruleset 99% of the time, thanks to updates), I like it better. No restriction to FD/no items for competitive players, and casual players can do 1-on-1 with items or on a non-hazards stage. Heck, you can even play Stamina mode online, and I think that's pretty cool.
Although the execution, with input lag, lag in general, inability to swap out characters in a set with someone, and how that promotes playstyles that thrive online and generally aren't fun to play against for most people, makes for an online mode that just really sucks despite its potential.

D

Deleted member

Just found a Shiny Hydreigon online from a player who nicknamed it Cerberus 2.0, and a friend of mine saw it and goes, "Cerberus is the dog, you ass cheek!"
Cerberus has three heads though... I am confused on your friend's logic.
i think part of it is that Nintendo is based in Japan, a nation with very good internet and a very dense population. They just might not have anywhere the problems we do.
I mean Sony is also located in Japan, and they don't have as much issues with their online as Nintendo. There are also many gaming companies that are based in Japan that have fighting games with good rollback code.
They're a few steps, if not leaps, behind their competition.

The Switch is a Smash hit, but if you compared it to its competition, it pales in comparison in terms of raw power, and this has been true for pretty much every console.

Look at Nintendo during the Wii era. While PS3 and 360 were smart and thought about voice comms through headsets, Nintendo's idea was putting a device on top of your TV, which not only would be far away from you, but also pick up your TV's noise.

And then while everyone else had a normal friend list/online system, Nintendo stuck to friend codes, an already outdated idea.

Nintendo excels in some areas, but drags behind in others, and due to their success, they see no real reason to improve. Honestly, the WiiU being a flop did more good than harm.
Yeah, and Nintendo does not have to move into the same power level as them, but the online is a gaping wound that really has to be addressed.
Like, Ultimate and Mario Maker 2's online are not just bad, they are atrocious.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
I love Nintendo with a big asterisk next to love.

I feel like too many people are nostalgic or enraptured by them to realize that they're not your friend. They're a company out to make profit, and they see you as a customer, nothing more.

Stop thinking that big corporations are your friend.

McDonalds isn't your friend.

Coke isn't your friend.

Wal Mart isn't your friend.

So why is Nintendo your friend? Because they make things you like? Coke makes Diet Coke, but they're not my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom